New Pics Of KC Halloween Party

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I must agree. It may be more commonplace today, but to call it the norm? If so, then we all need to take a very close look at what our children are doing and tell them to gain some self-respect. If we're talking about homosexuals, OK. But I can't believe the majority of the college-age population is gay or bi-sexual. So if young women today are doing it for attention or some other reason, it's very sad.

I haven't said anything about my opinion on this behavior, but it bothers me.
I would be terribly disappointed in my children if I saw pics of them like this. I would really question where I went wrong in raising them. I don't think this behavior is normal, and if it is, I couldn't agree more we as a society need to re-evaluate the way our children are being raised. We probably do, anyway. The town I live in is appalling on the way most of the parents here seem to encourage alcoholism in their children. IMO, just so they can look 'cool'. I just don't see anything attractive or alluring about a group of girls acting like they are prostitutes at an orgy. I feel very sorry for them if this is their idea of good times.
Lanie

*my bold.
ok i haven't been around for a while and YES i'm overreacting but GEEZUS KEYRISTE!!!
are you
lingo.gif
me?? that isn't normal, that's The Fall of Ancient Rome, or The Lay of Ancient Rome, mary mother of gawd it could be BOTH!!
did anyone spot caligula in one of these pics coz he'd certainly fit in!
when did copping a feel of your mates bristols then ramming your groin into the nearest disaffected youth become normal?
if this is the truth then eventually i'll have to accept it, sarah but i'll tell you two things - even if this is now normal behaviour for young people i will never believe that it's right or acceptable behaviour for a mother AND my daughter will be spending her teenage years at queen ethelburga's college thank you very much.

O/T - Your post is so incredibly funny! Did anyone spot Caligula, indeed!

Be careful if you turn around to look because you may be turned to stone.
With todays teens texting naked pictures of themselves ("Sexting") and forwarding them all around, frankly I'm disgusted too with today's norms.

I partied hard in my teenage years and did a boatload of stupid things but I never behaved like this. Is it common now? Yep. Is it still skanky? YES. Sorry, but just because a lot of young folks are doing it doesn't make it any less *advertiser censored*.

I don't care if Casey behaved in a skanky manner. All I care about is "where was Caylee" with all this bumping, grinding, drinking and possible drug use was going down.

I don't care if Casey behaved in a skanky manner. All I care about is "where was Caylee" with all this bumping, grinding, drinking and possible drug use was going down.

respectfully snipped

I think that this is the only thing we should be worrying about as far as these pictures go. Partying like that isn't abnormal these days. I don't think that has any bearing on the case IF Caylee was in a safe place being watched by a responsible adult. Now if she wasn't, I think that's the only reason we should be concerned with these pictures. JMO

I could be wrong but I think KC offends most mothers. Hence the judgment of her behavior. Your partying might have been different or even non-existent had you had a small child with you in your college years. That's the thing, KC wasn't just a "college aged" person, she was a mother. The needs of her child should have been first and foremost.

KC doesn't seem to have ever done one thing because it was right for her child. No job, no home of their own... ugh, I could go on and on. But she sure liked being out there drinking it up. I would have no issue with her going out and having a good time if 1. she had been a responsible adult for her child to begin with and 2. made moral decisions on her behavior. It wasn't just about KC anymore, she had Caylee, who should have been her number one priority.

I agree that Casey went over the line, but I was a college - aged mom with a child with disabilities. I worked, took him to therapy 2-3 times a week, and was in school full time(and on the Dean's list). I needed to let loose sometime, and would go out clubbing. I would dance (not like Casey in these photos, but still) until my make-up melted off and my hair went flat (it was the 80's and I had BIG hair). It helped keep me in shape, and burned off a lot of stress.

I went out after DS was asleep, and then had the babysitter come over. In the morning, I still got up with him (although, when he took a nap, I would often lay with him - it was TIRING - LOL)

It did not mean that I did not consider my son to be the most important aspect of my life - it just meant I needed to blow off steam. And yes, I needed attention too - we all do at some time. IMO, kicking up my heels every now and then did not reflect badly on my son or myself.

I think, if Caylee were still alive, people would not necessarily be seeing what they "see" in these photos.

ETA- I also graduated h/s in 1991 and we did some of this crazy crap as well. It's been around for a while, certainly nothing new..just a bit more pronounced I think!

There also wasn't the technology there is now to instantly record and have it spread like wildfire throughout the web! It took days to have pics developed...and then the ability to share and store were limited.

I agree that Casey went over the line, but I was a college - aged mom with a child with disabilities. I worked, took him to therapy 2-3 times a week, and was in school full time. I needed to let loose sometime, and would go out clubbing. I would dance (not like Casey in these photos, but still) until my make-up melted off and my hair went flat (it was the 80's and I had BIG hair). It helped keep me in shape, and burned off a lot of stress.

I went out after DS was asleep, and then had the babysitter come over. In the morning, I still got up with him (although, when he took a nap, I would often lay with him - it was TIRING - LOL)

It did not mean that I did not consider my son to be the most important aspect of my life - it just meant I needed to blow off steam. And yes, I needed attention too - we all do at some time. IMO, kicking up my heels every now and then did not reflect badly on my son or myself.

I think, if Caylee were still alive, people would not necessarily be seeing what they "see" in these photos.

Yeah, I agree. But I could also see how these could be the pics that made George want to vomit. Simply because if they hadn't been exposed to this sort of behaviour before, that it would be shocking to them. Unfortunately, having been exposed to these types of pictures online for the last few years, it's not shocking to me (a mom with teenage daughters). Luckily, my kids think this sort of stuff is skanky and disgusting, but they're certainly not shocked by it either. It is a sad commentary on our society, though.

I think KC was doing stuff below her age. While I agree with natsound that it's not as commonplace as some would have you believe, when I have seen it (YouTube, MySpace) it seems like the girly-kissy stuff seems to happen most among 15-17 year old girls. Apparently being bi is less a lifestyle for some teens/young adults and more a party phase. It's "hot" to turn on guys by kissing your friend, apparently.

I mean, yes, I've seen it but it's less for my age group and more for the girls who can't get into the real clubs yet. In my experience.

I have to disagree. Just a few weeks ago I saw a mid-30 year old woman out on her bachelorette party night with a dozen or so friends. They were all kissing each other.

This is absolutely the norm for parties at present. You don't see this type of activity at every party with lots of drinking or in every bar, but it certainly happens enough so that one could not consider it unusual behavior. We know why girls do it.

And this isn't a new thing, either. Such activity has become more common over the last few years, but I've seen it happen at parties since the late 90's when I was in college. Attend any kind of lively frat party, and there will be girls kissing. It just goes without saying, in the same way that you know you'll find beer there.

KC falls into the classic demographic for that stuff - she's single, likes to drink & party, and has a wild side. This isn't something girls necessarily "grow out of" by the time they're out of high school. In fact, I'll bet my bottom dollar that it is more common among older girls - such as those who are college age. As wild girls get older, they tend to get even more adventurous and lose even more inhibition.... up until the point when they finally settle down (that is if they ever settle down).

-edit

I just wanted to add that there is another activity that is now "normal" among girls. The practice known as "sexting", or sending naked pics of themselves. I think there's a general perception that this is something of a high school problem, but it isn't. College girls do it to, as do women into their 20's and 30's. The older women just tend to do it more via chat than they do via cell phones, because they have more privacy when they use a computer.

It is for this very reason that I would not be at all surprised to find out that there are far more obscene pics of KC than what the public has seen so far. Many girls her age have them.

I would be terribly disappointed in my children if I saw pics of them like this. I would really question where I went wrong in raising them. I don't think this behavior is normal, and if it is, I couldn't agree more we as a society need to re-evaluate the way our children are being raised. We probably do, anyway. The town I live in is appalling on the way most of the parents here seem to encourage alcoholism in their children. IMO, just so they can look 'cool'. I just don't see anything attractive or alluring about a group of girls acting like they are prostitutes at an orgy. I feel very sorry for them if this is their idea of good times.
Lanie

Lanie I agree with every part of your post.

I do know that this behavior goes on out there. I know there are drugs out there. I know that kids like to party. I liked to party too, was actually a bartender for quite a while and pretty much have seen quite a lot. I do not even fault KC for her racy photos, these or any others that have been out there. There is nothing at all wrong with getting a REAL babysitter, and going out and having a good time. If your good time includes getting freaky with your girlfriends, that is a personal choice. (personally, I would be devastated to see pics of my kids behaving like this, although you would never hear me saying it could never happen) I will say it again, trendy behavior does not make it socially acceptable behavior.If this were not a murder case, then it would just be a bunch of kids partying(no debate on whether they are kids or adults please, they are kids to me as I have a couple thier age) and even though these kinds of pictures are out there, it would not even be a topic of discussion.
These pictures go to show that KC was a party girl, and possibly into drugging (moo) long before she met her new group of friends. People (her close friends and family) have testified that it was unusual for KC to behave the way she was in recent pictures, and here are more of the same type (more racy actually) from 2 yrs back. In my mind, that is the controversy of these pictures and that is what should be discussed. It is not whether we agree with or acknowledge that this goes on. It does. Girls kiss girls. Kids get wasted. The particular girl we are discussing had a baby at home, and her need to be the center of attention party girl, to be was a precursor to that babys untimely death.

All this is moo.

Lanie I agree with every part of your post.

I do know that this behavior goes on out there. I know there are drugs out there. I know that kids like to party. I liked to party too, was actually a bartender for quite a while and pretty much have seen quite a lot. I do not even fault KC for her racy photos, these or any others that have been out there. There is nothing at all wrong with getting a REAL babysitter, and going out and having a good time. If your good time includes getting freaky with your girlfriends, that is a personal choice. (personally, I would be devastated to see pics of my kids behaving like this, although you would never hear me saying it could never happen) I will say it again, trendy behavior does not make it socially acceptable behavior.If this were not a murder case, then it would just be a bunch of kids partying(no debate on whether they are kids or adults please, they are kids to me as I have a couple thier age) and even though these kinds of pictures are out there, it would not even be a topic of discussion.
These pictures go to show that KC was a party girl, and possibly into drugging (moo) long before she met her new group of friends. People (her close friends and family) have testified that it was unusual for KC to behave the way she was in recent pictures, and here are more of the same type (more racy actually) from 2 yrs back. In my mind, that is the controversy of these pictures and that is what should be discussed. It is not whether we agree with or acknowledge that this goes on. It does. Girls kiss girls. Kids get wasted. The particular girl we are discussing had a baby at home, and her need to be the center of attention party girl, to be was a precursor to that babys untimely death.

All this is moo.

I have two points to make in response to this good post.

1. I think the main reason the subject of girls kissing became a topic for discussion not because of the behavior itself, but rather the opinion of some posters who believe the pics indicate KC worked as some sort of entertainer. The pics simply do not support that opinion. Whether we individually consider the behavior to be "normal" depends on our own definition of the term... but that doesn't change the reality that this is extremely commonplace. Trendy is a great term to describe it.

2. That KC's family and "close" friends act shocked or claim KC didn't act like this regularly shouldn't be a surprise. Compared to her unplanned and unexpected pregnancy, this is all small potatoes. Her family sure didn't see that coming, so why would they anticipate pics and actions like this?

I'm not out to point fingers at the A's though. Plenty of parents have no real idea what their kids are up to, and honestly once a kid reaches the age of 18 or 19 they are for the most part making their own decisions. They're legally adults at that point.

respectfully snipped

I think that this is the only thing we should be worrying about as far as these pictures go. Partying like that isn't abnormal these days. I don't think that has any bearing on the case IF Caylee was in a safe place being watched by a responsible adult. Now if she wasn't, I think that's the only reason we should be concerned with these pictures. JMO

Of course the main thing we need to be concerned with in regard to the pics is "where was Caylee". But.. these pictures have opened up a very interesting dialogue. Nothing wrong with that. It's been a real eye-opener for me. IMO, I think the pics speak to Casey's character, and I think NG does too.... OK go ahead throw the tomatoes now... I know I've probably made a zillion enemies with that comment... :slap:

I used to be asked this question when out with friends (see earlier post that I was a college-aged mom) - except with "your son" instead of Caylee.....

Anyway, I know that we all have issues with what Casey did with Caylee, but this question used to drive me NUTS when someone asked me. Once you have a child, it is not like you do nothing without that child on your hip. There will be times you are away from your child, and that is OK. Since this was such a ridiculous question to be asked, I would snarkily quote Robin Williams (from AT THE MET) and say "He is with a babysitter, who I hope has no criminal record."

I am not defending Casey in any way. I think she is a heartless, narcissistic murderer. However, we do not know that RevG, JG, or CA was not watching Caylee, for example.....Casey did have these options, and probably used them. Like she used anything else offered to her.

I'm far from being a prude but I think its a sad commentary that drug and alcohol fueled depravity is now considered the 'norm' for adventurous college kids 'just partying and blowing off steam'.
I dont care what anyone says, I was one of those kids once and the bar has definitely been lowered in the last 15 years or so.
Its not that we were angels-far from it but this crap is so pervasive and beyond the pale with these young people its ridiculous.
I think its wishful thinking that most of these people are going to settle down in a few years and become human beings of substance.

i was referring to the person you were replying to in the quoted portion of my post. if he is, in fact, a she, then i was confused by the av and duly apologize.

Well, going on his/her response of (and I quote)- "Dude, I can only tell you that I was not doing that in high school, college, or any other time. I've lived in three different states since college, and I've never seen anyone I know do that kinda stuff. It's not commonplace to me at all." I think he/she pretty much said he/she didn't party in the way we were discussing, no?

I'm sorry if I missed something but I don't think I assumed anything, the poster shared the information with all of us in their post.

:blowkiss:

I'm far from being a prude but I think its a sad commentary that drug and alcohol fueled depravity is now considered the 'norm' for adventurous college kids 'just partying and blowing off steam'.
I dont care what anyone says, I was one of those kids once and the bar has definitely been lowered in the last 15 years or so.
Its not that we were angels-far from it but this crap is so pervasive and beyond the pale with these young people its ridiculous.
I think its wishful thinking that most of these people are going to settle down in a few years and become human beings of substance.

I agree one thousand percent.. and then some! I was a complete peice of for more than half my life.. as I have said many times here, I don't offer much in the way of information here at WS but what I can offer is a great bad example. I engaged in lousy behaviors, I don't approve of (then OR now) them, or advocate them in any way, I'm a felon for G0d sake :sick: LOL.- I no longer live my life that way.

Something is very wrong with the world today and much of the problem, IMO is the lack of proper parenting of our youth. Too many parents want to be their childs "friend", their buddy, (When I first heard Cindy Anthony say Casey is her "best friend" all I could do is shake my head because there-in lies the problem, IMO) and forget to instill values and morals and teach responsibility and accountablity. Drug and alcohol usage does indeed destroy many peoples morals but sometimes, some people simply have no morals.

Teachers are having sex with students, mothers are doing drugs with their children, fathers are often nowhere to be found, people live on Social security disability (I am not refering to people who are legit and need disability) as if the world owes them something, never having worked a day in their life. People live on welfare, can't make ends meet, yet they keep having more children!?!

It is a sad, sick world we live in. I worry what it will be like when my son is an adult, honestly.

I must agree. It may be more commonplace today, but to call it the norm? If so, then we all need to take a very close look at what our children are doing and tell them to gain some self-respect. If we're talking about homosexuals, OK. But I can't believe the majority of the college-age population is gay or bi-sexual. So if young women today are doing it for attention or some other reason, it's very sad.

It sure is, very sad.. but where do you expect them to find this elusive self-respect?

To attempt to evaluate and try to understand why some people behave this way is more suited, IMO for the psych thread or the "parenting" thread. But as always, there are more and more issues that come up with Casey's behavior that many (not all, I am aware of this!) from dysfunctional homes engage in. I am honestly not surprised.. by anything she does (obviously, murdering her child surprises us all) the only thing about Casey that has surprised me is that she does not appear to have a prior police record. Though sadly, much like the rest of the sorry state of the world we live in, crime isn't looked at or punished the way it should be anymore either.

I believe the pacifier sucking became a trendy thing among some non-drug users too. I remember going to the state fair recently and seeing young teens with big pacifiers in their mouths. OK, maybe they WERE using drugs, but seems to me it became somewhat of a fashion accessory.

I agree.

Lanie

Excellent post!! :clap:

Perhaps someday parents will begin to look at where they went wrong rather than placing blame constantly on our youth. We are creating crippled children and sending them into a crippled world and expecting them to know how to act, life does not work that way, it just doesn't!

ITA! To me, these pictures have absolutely no relevance to this case at all. It's just a party girl doing her thing a couple of years ago.

The only thing that could maybe be seen as probative is if (and that's a big if) those lollipops are really rollipops since it would finally tell us if Casey ever did anything more than drink or smoke weed. But honestly, I don't even think the occasional recreational drug use by Casey would be a big deal either. Maybe if it could be shown that hard drugs were directly related to Caylee's death. But right now, no evidence points to that.

I hate to sound like a KC apologist here, but these pics really tell us nothing.

I think that is what the defense will contend at trial. However, on the other hand, I will argue that there are probably people who have lost custody of their child because a spouse or other family member has proven in a court of law that they are a bad parent. So, this partying issue can be interpreted in many different ways, can it not?

I think that is what the defense will contend at trial. However, on the other hand, I will argue that there are probably people who have lost custody of their child because a spouse or other family member has proven in a court of law that they are a bad parent. So, this partying issue can be interpreted in many different ways, can it not?

You are right, it can. Sadly? It often it doesn't much matter to the courts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87
Back