New Ronald Jail Calls Girlfriend? What Ron Thinks of Black People

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the latest GGM tape. AS really sounds like she has nothing to say to RC. I'll bet if he had more time to talk, we would have heard silence from her end of the phone. I'd say that she got off easy this time, no talk of dirty drawers and RC only mentioned the shower once. I can see why he doesn't want to talk about Haleigh, but he didn't even ask her how she is doing without Jr., she must really miss him, the house must be really quiet without him, etc. I think that AS is really disgusted with RC and couldn't care less if she ever heard from him again. I think that RC is about to lose his one true supporter and friend, if he hasn't already.

BBM - Lex, I agree completely.

Ronald's N-word...Spelled with 'a'-not 'er' ??

Slang term for homie, friend, buddy, etc., used primarily by African-Americans but has spread to other races as well

Ronald's "girlfriend" calling from another state...could very well be "one of us"
Someone that follows these high profile cases and somehow met up with RC either online or by mail.

Uh, no. Nice try. Even if he was using it in that sense, which he obviously wasn't, what about the "dirty bunch of stinkin'" part? I guess to some people Ronald still can do no wrong no matter what he does or says.

The snitch that Ron needs to worry about is himself...every time he opens up his mouth he 'tells' on himself, especially about his character.

The only thing concerning him about that poor little girl is the income he's making off of her.

Uh, no. Nice try. Even if he was using it in that sense, which he obviously wasn't, what about the "dirty bunch of stinkin'" part? I guess to some people Ronald still can do no wrong no matter what he does or says.

I thought he was refering to the fact they hadn't showered.

There reaches a point when you can no longer defend the undefendable.........we're past that.

Slang term for homie, friend, buddy, etc., used primarily by African-Americans but has spread to other races as well

(snip, bbm) I suggest those presuming to use this as a term of 'familiarity' first a) become better acquainted w--establish a relationship or develop the sort of rapport or association which withstands, in order that this could not be quite so easily misconstrued by the particular individuals to which one refers in such an otherwise offensive, potentially dangerous manner; and b) have also assimilated sufficiently to the culture in general prior to attempts at using what's still very much considered an historically derogatory, racially charged and inflammatory expression.

Furthermore, when being used 'interchangably' w 'homie' ie in a benign slang manner, this unfortunate and loaded expression is seldom found accompanied by such demeaning adjectives as, "They're f*g dirty around here. Real dirty. I'm in the pod w a bunch of stinking @$$ motherf*g n's..."

Not buying it. Nor do I expect RC's new 'homies' to feel enamored by Ronald's recent brotherly 'hood homage' paid to them when w/in earshot of this latest term of 'endearment.':angel:

:parrot:

Ronald's "girlfriend" calling from another state...could very well be "one of us"
Someone that follows these high profile cases and somehow met up with RC either online or by mail.

But in the South, it is very disrespectful to use the word at all, however you pronounce it, if you are white. Brown people can use the word all they want to in relation to each other, etc, for whatever meaning. It is just not used, period, by white folks...unless they are meaning it in a derrogatory way, and especially never used in front of brown folks, ever, at least in my lifetime. It's just unspoken Southern etiquette. (When I was growing up, people who were born in the 20s, 30s, and 40s, used it regular, and I think it just became an embarrassment for those of us born after that time, and we do not use it. Still, to this day, that is a word that will get you in trouble. We don't even say it amongst just white folks. If you are trying to show racism, then you would maybe use the word, and I have heard some older people use Negro, but we do not use that either. Otherwise, it is just not said.)

(snip, bbm) I suggest those presuming to use this as a term of 'familiarity' first a) become better acquainted w--establish the relationship and develop the sort of association which withstands, or for whom this could not be quite so easily misconstrued by the particular individuals to which one refers in such an otherwise offensive, potentially dangerous manner; and b) have also assimilated sufficiently to the culture in general prior to attempts at using what's still very much considered an historically derogatory, racially charged and inflammatory expression.

Furthermore, if used "interchangably" w "homie" ie in a benign slang manner, this unfortunate and loaded expression is seldom found accompanied by such demeaning adjectives as, "They're f*g dirty around here. Real dirty. I'm in the pod w a bunch of stinking @$$ motherf*g n's..."

Not buying it. Nor do I expect RC's new "homies" to feel enamored by Ronald's recent homage paid to them w this latest term of 'endearment.':angel:

And it is their take on it that counts. LOL LOL LOL

There is a huge discussion group for them, prisontalk dot com with sections for women marrying men on death row (pen pals) loving a murderer, loving a sex offender. How to send packages, how visiting works. It is fascinating. And so, so sad. Then when/if he is released it never is the fairy tale they thought it would be.

To answer your other question, child tax credits. They get a lot for that.[/QUOTE]

I understand child tax credits, but you can't get back any more than the total of taxes withheld during the year....right? I mean we know Ron has not worked enough to have withheld 5,000. to get back...

I agree - I live pretty much dead center in Illinois, and we have the standard "newscaster accent" - bland and boring. But the southern accent most definitely starts picking up the further south you go, even here in Illinois.

Plus, I notice the "gf" said something about Tennessee - she accented the first syllable. Most Illinoisans accent the LAST syllable...if she's calling from Illinois, I doubt she's a native. JMO

I grew up in West Central Illinois (Quincy, for geographical reference) and ended up with what I call a "rural redneck" accent that sounds a lot like this girl's. It sounds a bit southern, but gets worse if I'm around people with true southern accents.

According to wikipedia, one of the shared features of various southern american english dialects is that: "Many nouns are stressed on the first syllable that would be stressed on the second syllable in other accents. These include police, cement, Detroit, Thanksgiving, insurance, behind, display, recycle, TV, guitar, and umbrella."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_American_English

I didn't realize so many people jumped on that...until after I had posted.

As a matter of fact I can tell you a little story about the use of that word Sunday at my Son's house. teh's 48.....but the mouthy 27 year old that said it found out real quick that this Nana can still clear a room with a quickness. Pig ignorant people.

And it is their take on it that counts. LOL LOL LOL

Yea don't think anyone's gonna have their Urban Dictionary handy doc really wouldn't recommend buddy or homie either ("...and I ain't your m*f'g homeboy neither!") ROFL :floorlaugh: For the time being might wanna stick w "sir" lol :biggrin:

As a matter of fact I can tell you a little story about the use of that word Sunday at my Son's house. teh's 48.....but the mouthy 27 year old that said it found out real quick that this Nana can still clear a room with a quickness. Pig ignorant people.

Imma believing teh went and threw down on them young pups. Good on ya!

Dal-Gal, I think those Georgia folks have the most Southern of all accents. So you would have to ask one of them, LOL.

But in the South, it is very disrespectful to use the word at all, however you pronounce it, if you are white. Brown people can use the word all they want to in relation to each other, etc, for whatever meaning. It is just not used, period, by white folks...unless they are meaning it in a derrogatory way, and especially never used in front of brown folks, ever, at least in my lifetime. It's just unspoken Southern etiquette. (When I was growing up, people who were born in the 20s, 30s, and 40s, used it regular, and I think it just became an embarrassment for those of us born after that time, and we do not use it. Still, to this day, that is a word that will get you in trouble. We don't even say it amongst just white folks. If you are trying to show racism, then you would maybe use the word, and I have heard some older people use Negro, but we do not use that either. Otherwise, it is just not said.)

I don't care who uses it, it is wrong...racial and low down. Shows no class to me.

I just listened to the latest GGM tape. AS really sounds like she has nothing to say to RC. I'll bet if he had more time to talk, we would have heard silence from her end of the phone. I'd say that she got off easy this time, no talk of dirty drawers and RC only mentioned the shower once. I can see why he doesn't want to talk about Haleigh, but he didn't even ask her how she is doing without Jr., she must really miss him, the house must be really quiet without him, etc. I think that AS is really disgusted with RC and couldn't care less if she ever heard from him again. I think that RC is about to lose his one true supporter and friend, if he hasn't already.
I think they've all learned to tiptoe around Ron & that's why there was silence-she knows what buttons NOT to push. She wouldn't want him mad & going off on the phone. She should've told him to shut up about the Lortab & all of his ailments, but she let him go on & on & on. When she tried to bring up Haleigh's vigil, he very cleanly cut her off. No discussion. When they hung up, she said, 'I love you Baby.' Those aren't the words from someone who doesn't want to hear from him. & to me, that's o.k. Ron is her grandson, she raised him, & she loves him. I have mixed feelings for GGS. I really don't think she knows a lot, but I do think she knows Ron well enough to suspect a lot. & I think that's why he rambles on & on to her. He knows that she knows him better than anyone. If she lectured him about his arrest, or hounded him about Haleigh, he'd get mad & not call her. But they do want to talk, so they just don't go there. These are just my opinions & I don't mean to offend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024