New Search 9/12/2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they might also be digging a smallish hole because they have determined that only a smallish patch of the soil has been disturbed.

If lime was used to promote quicker decomposition, would signs of that appear in the soil being excavated?

I would say yes from my quick scan of this article. This was a archaeological dig done in 1997 on holocaust victims:

Graves 10, 25, 27, 28, 32, and 33, all contain a layer of lime covering decomposed human remains. It is probable that these graves also date from these early transports when the local authorities complained about the health hazard caused by smell of decomposing corpses in open graves. Chloride of lime was spread over the six still open mass graves identified above in an effort to avoid epidemics breaking out. Evidence of the subsequent failed attempt at cremating corpses in graves may be found in the small graves near the north fence: 27, 28 and 32, in each of which a layer of burnt human remains and pieces of carbonised wood were found. The bottom of each of these graves is lined with a layer of burnt human fat.

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/ar/modern/archreview.html

They are also searching 10-15 miles away from the site? This is so confusing.
we don't know what LE has but if they lets say did have GPS or known areas that JP stopped at they would investigate those areas also. Leave no stone unturned. Also why not search on horseback since they there why have some officers stand around when they could be doing something. Perhaps they will find something related or unrelated to this case.

MOO

I'm not going to start bashing any LE for I do not know what they have and don't have. The frustration is there and I believe it is there for a reason, if I feel this frustrated how do you think JP and SP are feeling. That has a purpose I think. Again all MOO

I remember when that guy put his wife thru a wood chipper and one peice of evidence was a part of a fingernail that helped convict him. The time it takes to recover evidence is the time it takes. Its been so long it seems since any search of this mag has gone on, except for the very recent ones, that IMO, the net is closing in. I sure hope so..for her boys sake.

Is this timeline accurate? Josh left with the boys for around three hours prior to departing for the midnight camping trip? If so, what could he have been gathering?

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...ine-of-days-surrounding-susan-s-disappearance

I know that all of his ATM and credit cards were examined for activity, so if he bought things like an ice chest, knife, shovel, plastic wrap, etc. they would have records of it possibly.

Since we are talking about that evening, what do you make of the car alarm going off in their garage at 11:45 p.m.?

I know that all of his ATM and credit cards were examined for activity, so if he bought things like an ice chest, knife, shovel, plastic wrap, etc. they would have records of it possibly.

Since we are talking about that evening, what do you make of the car alarm going off in their garage at 11:45 p.m.?

He could have used cash. I was actually wondering more about cell phone records and surveillance video from stores like Lowes or Home Depot.

we don't know what LE has but if they lets say did have GPS or known areas that JP stopped at they would investigate those areas also. Leave no stone unturned. Also why not search on horseback since they there why have some officers stand around when they could be doing something. Perhaps they will find something related or unrelated to this case.

MOO

I'm not going to start bashing any LE for I do not know what they have and don't have. The frustration is there and I believe it is there for a reason, if I feel this frustrated how do you think JP and SP are feeling. That has a purpose I think. Again all MOO

Good points and thanks. I don't want to bash LE either, I am just expressing some frustration about what appears to have been misleading reports given to us about this. All in all, I praise them for being active on this case after 2 years and not giving in. Their determination speaks volumes as to the true character of these fine people. So I apologize if it came across as bashing, I am just a little frustrated myself.

If the dogs still alert on the hole and not on what they've dug up I'm still hopeful they might yet find something a bit lower down.

Thats what it seems like, at face value. In other words, the dogs weren't hitting on the "tiny pieces", but what may lie below? Something is down there. I admire that they are taking their time and being so thorough and detailed. I don't see any benefit in rushing this process at all.

MOO

I agree on the LE bashing but I don't think JP and SP are feeling frustrated. We are frustrated because we don't know where SUsan is and we have been led to hope that Susan might have been found and then had the carpet fly from under our toes. But her murderer is not in the same position. They know where she is and depending on how close the police is they are either feeling very scared because they know they've been caught, or somewhat comforted by the apparent lack of definitive result, or rather cocky because this is nowhere close.

Quick and slightly off topic question:

Who/where is Josh Powell's mother? Is she, um, alive? Just curious...

I suppose they could be working on a remote but possible theory that JP doesn't know the body has been moved, and so would do something incriminating upon hearing the news that they have found the grave site and human remains have been found.

MOO.

I just saw that video of the neighbor yesterday, the guy who heard the car alarm coming from their garage.

I felt it was indicative of someone who was in a big hurry to get something in the car..and was distracted.

Do we know if they typically parked both vehicles in the garage? ...and if both vehicles had car alarms at that time?

Good points and thanks. I don't want to bash LE either, I am just expressing some frustration about what appears to have been misleading reports given to us about this. All in all, I praise them for being active on this case after 2 years and not giving in. Their determination speaks volumes as to the true character of these fine people. So I apologize if it came across as bashing, I am just a little frustrated myself.
No it didn't come across as bashing but most cases tend to start showing the large amount of frustration and I'm number 1 guilty of that. I'm trying to calm myself as well as maybe others.

There is a purpose for every word and action they are doing. I'm sure they want to rattle their cage (jp&sp) so they will either come clean (not) or make a mistake trying to cover something else up. This is why I believe they invited Mr. Cox at the scene therefore he will know why certain things are said and where they are. Mr. Cox seems to have confidence and also asked for prayers for LE. Reading into that my instincts tells me that LE is working JP and SP.

All MOO but watch out for more confusing statements to come out by LE as this goes on. I just keep telling myself there is a purpose, and Mr. Cox is there.

Quick and slightly off topic question:

Who/where is Josh Powell's mother? Is she, um, alive? Just curious...

Living in Utah with Kirk and Jen.

I just saw that video of the neighbor yesterday, the guy who heard the car alarm coming from their garage.

I felt it was indicative of someone who was in a big hurry to get something in the car..and was distracted.

Do we know if they typically parked both vehicles in the garage? ...and if both vehicles had car alarms at that time?

They only had the one van - no other vehicles.

They only had one car. (van)

Was Mr. Cox there when they searched the mines in Nevada?

Just wanted to post this link. This is all the info on WS on Susan. There are five pages full of info. The indivdiual threads after the forum was created and the many threads before so:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=378"]Susan Powell - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16