New Search Warrant--WOW!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all. I haven't been very active on the board since Scott Peterson was given a cell in San Quentin, but have lately been reading up on this case. Also, I'm a former Raleighite and am completely baffled as to why that area has become such a place of wife killings. There never used to be any sort of murders there at all, and now...

NCBanker, I think that search was indicative of something. I mean, how many straight men do searches on gay bars? I also don't think a guy would do that sort of search for a friend. Gay guys are quite easily able to find out that info for themselves. So... I'm with you on the questioning. How does that fit into this picture?

JustTheFax, I missed the part from way back where someone speculated about Michelle's choice of therapist. Who was their therapist, does anyone know? Has that person been named?

Now that we know Jason Young intended to "knock her out" before he attempted the strangulation, I am thinking maybe he used an aluminum softball bat. I originally thought a Mag-lite since it seemed he was looking for a soft kill and the beating was an after thought.

It may have gone something like this........

Michelle was sleeping on her back and he slammed the bat across her mouth, stunning her before he tried the plan to strangle her. Bleeding profusely in the bed, a struggle ensued as she fought for her life. In this struggle she fell to the floor where he proceeded to beat her unmercifully about the head until her skull was fractured and she took her last breath. I think he thought there would be some blood, but certainly didn't plan on the carnage he left behind. The size 10 shoes are still a mystery for me. I just can't see him anticipating that much blood to be tracked around. I think the evidence of these prints and not being able to offer a plausible explanation is what may be delaying the arrest.

I was reading around yesterday on some 'other' sites that had posts about this case. It gave me an idea about the smaller shoe print. :confused: Now bare in mind this other site had an over abundance of posts attempting to deflect suspicion onto Michelle's family, ie her sister (friends) and mom.

We now KNOW from what we've learned (at least it appears to ME) that this crime was WELL PLANNED in advance. EVERYTHING, IMO, points towards MUCH premeditation.

What IF the 'smaller shoe size' was to throw investigators off towards Meredith? I mean, OBVIOUSLY, it was to throw the investigation off to point towards someone OTHER THAN the USUAL SUSPECT, but he wasn't counting on HIS shoe print being there too.:eek:

It just seems to me there was way TOO MUCH talk of the perp being Meredith and how she just HAPPENED to find Michelle and anything in her past that could point towards her being responsible.

Also about the search of 'gay sites' by the NOT grieving husband. Since the beginning and at the time it was released about Michelle's choice of therapists, I've felt that Jason was 'bi.' Who knows, that could be in part why Jason, IMHO, killed Michelle,.............PERHAPS he not only had encounters with other women, but men too and Michelle knew this.

Just a few ideas,
JMHO
fran

<snip>
What IF the 'smaller shoe size' was to throw investigators off towards Meredith? I mean, OBVIOUSLY, it was to throw the investigation off to point towards someone OTHER THAN the USUAL SUSPECT, but he wasn't counting on HIS shoe print being there too.:eek:

It just seems to me there was way TOO MUCH talk of the perp being Meredith and how she just HAPPENED to find Michelle and anything in her past that could point towards her being responsible.

<snip>

Just a few ideas,
JMHO
fran

Fran,

Now that we have some reliable source data, it changes a few things for me. Specifically related to Meredith. I do think the "smaller" shoe, at least by brand size, was intended for use but not necessarily to point toward Meredith specifically or anyone else really. What we haven't heard about that second print is its actual size compared to the other print left on the pillow, so I am not sure it is actually a smaller size. I for some reason don't think the murderer anticipated so much blood everywhere as he didn't expect the outcome that occurred, which forced him to clean up and change clothes afterwards.

Next we now know for sure when JY contacted Meredith and the sequence of calls made at a similar time. Some points undefined by LE is was Michelle to be at work that day or not, and secondly, when the print outs of the E-bay auctions were actually printed. I raise Michelle's work because JY called there shortly after noon, it is possible he may have found out no one was concerned about Michelle as she may have scheduled the day off. This then makes the call to Meredith more desperation than any actual forethought. The call to Michelle's cell seems to provide just a vain attempt to show he cared. JMO. This sequence has changed my mind about who was suppose to find Michelle, I now don't think the original plan included Meredith.

As to the smearing that has occurred, one thing is certain - the only way Jy's sister knew what Michelle was wearing was either from Meredith or from JY, the latter of course did not happen. It was obvious from Michelle's funeral there was extreme tension between the Youngs and the Fishers. At some point in time, either Meredith concluded JY was involved and stopped providing information to the Youngs or she was asked not to by LE and/or her Mum. Once that occurred, the smearing seems to be consistent with the tack the Youngs have taken throughout. Add in the good Dr. who told them what they wanted to hear, it seems they made their own conclusions and spread it around freely. Anything to cover for J boy was free game.

Ha! Jason is mighty purty in his red slippers. Too bad he's still got Mamma's ole mountaineer mouth. Thanks for the laugh.

JustTheFax, thanks much for the links.

Now I have a fuller appreciation for your portrait of JY, ruby slippers and all.

Kinda staggering for me to think there's enough transgendered people there to fill half her practice, but there you have it.

Anything I have to say, I know you all have been saying for months and months now. Several things come to mind. One is that it seems obvious he was in a rage when he killed her. And he was reportedly "nervous" at the meeting the next morning. And those 28 calls to Mom.

I read all this and I think, just automatically, "drugs."

Also, people are not usually isolated, nor do they act in completely foreign ways. To wit, if he's being insolent to the investigators, hanging up, etc., you can bet he's being rude to Mom, as well. We already see him being snide to his sister.

So his mom is bearing the weight of a) figuring her son probably killed his wife, b) wondering how to save him from the Big House, and c) living with him daily with his anger, "nervousness," and lashing out. Plus if he has a drug problem life is no barrel of rib-ticklers around there.

I would imagine plenty of people in his immediate family have had opportunity these past many months to see him acting erratically and wonder if he was capable of doing it.

And I'm sure his sister was reading here, too, 'cause he mentions in his e-mails that he knows she's been surfing the web, and you know if she even once googled "jason young," this site would have popped up second or third if not first on the list.

Now to go back through the old messages to find out if, when the police searched the house, they found bras and pantyhose in size men's large.

Fran,

Next we now know for sure when JY contacted Meredith and the sequence of calls made at a similar time. Some points undefined by LE is was Michelle to be at work that day or not, and secondly, when the print outs of the E-bay auctions were actually printed. I raise Michelle's work because JY called there shortly after noon, it is possible he may have found out no one was concerned about Michelle as she may have scheduled the day off. This then makes the call to Meredith more desperation than any actual forethought. The call to Michelle's cell seems to provide just a vain attempt to show he cared. JMO. This sequence has changed my mind about who was suppose to find Michelle, I now don't think the original plan included Meredith.

You've lost me RC!:crazy: Who was supposed to find Michelle, or more importantly find his daughter? You're thinking someone from PE? And jason didn't know or not if Michelle was working that day?
It is kinda strange that he phoned Meredith so late in the day. In fact, he called PE at 12:02 and M's cell at 12:17. This has me baffled, especially when he knows Cassidy is there. Maybe he thought he'd killed her too? :furious: That's way to long to leave a 2.5 yr old.

You've lost me RC!:crazy: Who was supposed to find Michelle, or more importantly find his daughter? You're thinking someone from PE? And jason didn't know or not if Michelle was working that day?
It is kinda strange that he phoned Meredith so late in the day. In fact, he called PE at 12:02 and M's cell at 12:17. This has me baffled, especially when he knows Cassidy is there. Maybe he thought he'd killed her too? :furious: That's way to long to leave a 2.5 yr old.

Jilly, I was told by Michelle's boss she was expected to be at work that day (at least after the am Dr appointment).

I too was shocked to see he called Meredith so late, knowing Cassidy would be in the house alone. The only thing I can think of is if he in fact 'drugged' her as the cops suggest, that was likely between 4 -5 am. Maybe he was waiting 8 hours for the meds to wear off ? If MF walked in early, she would have found a very groggy / unresponsive child and it may be obvious she was drugged.

Notice he called MY's work # first....then Meredith's...then MY's cell.
Since all 3 calls were made in succession he may have told MF about the e-bay print-out and then said "hurry over now because MY doesn't answer her phone and she may be heading home for lunch".

I don't think the original plan was for Meredith to go over and find Michelle. I think there is a possibility he thought someone from her work would be worried when she didn't show up, or even someone from the daycare facility would wonder about Cassidy. This seems to be validated by the times he did try to establish communications - between 12 and 1217 pm. I recall one warrant probable cause section that said he was frequently checking his voice mail - seems to me he was hoping someone would have found Michelle before he had to do anything about it. Since no one had, he then called Meredith, several hours late.

As to drugging Cassidy, LE certainly went to great lengths to show this as a potential, they may even have his fingerprints on the containers, but I seriously doubt it can be proven to requirements. Not sure it is necessary it be proven with hard facts however. As the reaction here seems to indicate most think he did drug Cassidy, not sure that would be the case with an impartial jury or not - would depend on what testimony preceeded it or maybe even behind it I think. The location of the medicines versus where Cassidy was found might be a chink.

I don't think the original plan was for Meredith to go over and find Michelle. I think there is a possibility he thought someone from her work would be worried when she didn't show up, or even someone from the daycare facility would wonder about Cassidy. This seems to be validated by the times he did try to establish communications - between 12 and 1217 pm. I recall one warrant probable cause section that said he was frequently checking his voice mail - seems to me he was hoping someone would have found Michelle before he had to do anything about it. Since no one had, he then called Meredith, several hours late.

I think it is obvious now that the e-bay print-out was a setup in the days before as a major part of the plan. He discussed the coach bag with several people in the days before the murder, setting up several people that would know about the 'surprise'. MM did tell my neighbor during the funeral week...."Oh that is true. He was looking at coach bags for Michelle". He enlisted MM, MF and SS's opinion. We now know for a fact he printed the e-bay page before he left for Hillsville....setting up the story for MF to come over Friday and remove the pages before MY found them, imo.

As for concern for MY by PE....her boss said she knew she had a DR appointment that day and Friday's are often a 'flex day' so there was no red flag when she did not report for work.

I'm bored, and work is not enticing, and therefore we really need an arrest in this case STAT! ;-)

Love the photoshop of JLY in his pretty red heels! heh.

I have been reading up since last night, and thanks to all for the great posts.

As for the Coach bag and pearls found in his storage locker, I, too, first thought they were gifts for girlfriends, but reading more about his/their therapist, plus the search on his computer, I wonder now if they were his.

Also, hell hath no fury like a guy f'd up sexually.

I feel so bad for Linda, Meredith, and Cassidy. What a horrible thing for them to live with.

I too have been waiting for LE to arrest this PO?!!!

I guess the GJ doesn't meet until Nov 17, so we have another week or so to ponder this. Of course, it would be nice if they already had an arrest warrant signed and sealed and just waiting for an opportune moment!:eek:

Hope Jason is sweatin' it, BIG TIME!!!!!!:behindbar

fran

Hope Jason is sweatin' it, BIG TIME!!!!!!:behindbar

fran

Hi Fran,

I'd say he has several things to be sweating about, huh?

He can't keep employment.
He can't go on vacation without mommy.
He can't find new girlfriends without wondering what they know about him, and is having to watch everything he says or does.
He's got a nutjob hurting his case on the internet.
Then he's probably surprised when he wasn't given advance notice that he's been withdrawn as executor to Michelle's will, and Linda has been named sole executor on Cassidy's behalf.
Finally, the wrongful death civil suit - and there's no easy answer for him on that one - to fight it or not? Damned (basically) either way.

And the big one - the criminal charges have to be hanging right around the corner for him, so to speak.

It works for me! Things are looking up - I'm feeling better that we'll soon see a "Jason Young Arrested" thread title sooner rather than later.

I agree with you, JTF, but I have a question: could the no-fax-on-murder-day be confirmed via phone records? (Maybe it has.)

I think it is obvious now that the e-bay print-out was a setup in the days before as a major part of the plan...We now know for a fact he printed the e-bay page before he left for Hillsville....setting up the story for MF to come over Friday and remove the pages before MY found them, imo.

I agree with you, JTF, but I have a question: could the no-fax-on-murder-day be confirmed via phone records? (Maybe it has.)

Since LE searched the computer from the home and confirmed that as the computer used to search ebay - there will be a time stamp available from the computer direct.

Since LE searched the computer from the home and confirmed that as the computer used to search ebay - there will be a time stamp available from the computer direct.

Hi, RC -- So you mean the time stamp of printing a listing from eBay? Okay, I get that. But that doesn't automatically rule out a fax coming in, right?

Am just trying to walk my brain through his thinking re the fax coming in. When I first heard about the fax, I figured it might have been correspondence from a seller on eBay, saying he or she was confirming the sale. But that doesn't make a lot of sense, since eBay transactions are, almost by definition, done via computer.

So what was it that he was suggesting would be coming in via fax?? Nowadays - in 2008 - I hardly use a fax machine at all. I don't think it was that much different in 2006... was it? What was he thinking? Or what was he trying to make Meredith believe he was thinking?

Not to mention that a man who missed his anniversary by a month is already so far deep in the doghouse that he might as well not even bother! A Coach bag hardly makes up for the fact that he missed their anniversary. A trip to St. Bart's, now... maybe. But a Coach bag? I don't think so!

I know, I know. The Coach bag fax is the least of his worries. I was just mulling over some of this, and you know how it is. There's no telling which parts are gonna jump out at a person as incongruous, and that's one of them for me.

Sleuthy are you trying to get in on Det. J Young's good side or something, with the avatar photo of him?

As to the poster who wonders if the purse was for Jason Lynn Young...ha ha ha!

My husband and I had to stay in a Cary hotel in November 2006. We were going to our car one night and heard someone behind us clunking down the hall, then after we got down the stairs we heard them clunking clumsily down the stairs. We got into the car in the parking lot and shortly there arrived the clunky walker: a man in complete drag trying to walk in heels with a purse, bad long wig, boring ladies business suit and makeup. It wasn't a good job. He needed What Not to Wear help. We looked him in the eye trying really hard not to die laughing. It was in Regency. Very entertaining. I can't picture Jason L. Young like that, can you folks??? I wonder where the dude was going that he wouldn't be laughed out of the place.

Hi, RC -- So you mean the time stamp of printing a listing from eBay? Okay, I get that. But that doesn't automatically rule out a fax coming in, right?

Am just trying to walk my brain through his thinking re the fax coming in. When I first heard about the fax, I figured it might have been correspondence from a seller on eBay, saying he or she was confirming the sale. But that doesn't make a lot of sense, since eBay transactions are, almost by definition, done via computer.

So what was it that he was suggesting would be coming in via fax?? Nowadays - in 2008 - I hardly use a fax machine at all. I don't think it was that much different in 2006... was it? What was he thinking? Or what was he trying to make Meredith believe he was thinking?

Not to mention that a man who missed his anniversary by a month is already so far deep in the doghouse that he might as well not even bother! A Coach bag hardly makes up for the fact that he missed their anniversary. A trip to St. Bart's, now... maybe. But a Coach bag? I don't think so!

I know, I know. The Coach bag fax is the least of his worries. I was just mulling over some of this, and you know how it is. There's no telling which parts are gonna jump out at a person as incongruous, and that's one of them for me.

You know this whole thing I think is kinda out of proportion. The initial reports said a fax, but It seems hard to believe it was actually a true fax. The warrants just call them printouts. So I'm not sure fax is actually correct in the conventional sense if you know what I mean.

A used coach bag on top of it :crazy:. I agree, he was already in deep doo. Seems to me if he wanted input from her friends as to which one he could have obtained that from the Coach website direct. Funky stuff I think. Then there is the warrant from his Etowah storage space that references seizing something related to a coach bag. Guess he likes coach bags.

Sleuthy are you trying to get in on Det. J Young's good side or something, with the avatar photo of him?

heh, as if!

No it was a surprise 'gift' from Daphne69. You may not be aware, but there's been a running joke about my interest in JA Young as one of the main detectives on the Cooper case (and that I want him to do some yard work for me, walk my dog, and tell me ALL the deets about the investigation on the Cooper case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper