New Searches based ON CASEY Sightings. JB advises Casey to reveal nothing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would this give a judge a reason to dismiss him? I don't understand - wouldn't he need to ask to be dismissed? I'm not asking facetiously...I really don't understand! :)
I did say if he asked. "JB has given a judge a reason to dismiss him, if he requests it"

I think he will stay in it and follow it through, whether she's found guilty or it's thrown out or for whatever reason she walks. There is too much money in it for him. Or at least he thinks there is.

NG is all over this tonight... JB's statement... seems she thinks it admits guilt also...

OMG! This lawyer should practice in the a mirror saying "No Comment" until it become second nature. He is an idiot. He just pretty basically said that KC is guilty of doing something with/to Caylee so if she talked it would be detrimental to her case.

I personally hope she is FRIED for what I am pretty sure that she has done but if she wants any chance at all of saving herself, she really should get a better lawyer. One that maybe understands that you don't talk unless you are sure that what you have to say is in your clients best interest.

Good God these people are so far out there they will have to hire the space shuttle to get them to the trial.

Sorry, rant over.

I need to change my poll vote from Life in Prison to Firing Squad, please.

Yep, all the above. They can even upload pics from their cell phones.

Hmmm... thinking here... I wonder if she would try to use this as an alibi timewise. "No, see that comment I made at that time?"

And I wonder if her MySpace records would show a comment made on someone else's page came from her cell phone.

And I now wonder if those few odd numbers on her cell phone log - not phone numbers, but 6-7 digit numbers - could be comments made to friends MySpace pages.

Thoughts anyone?

Let me say again, JB can quit. He is not court appointed. He can say that they do not agree on her defense, that he is in way over his head, that his personal life is seriously suffering, ie death threats to him or his family, that she can no longer pay him. I used to be a paralegal. He can also help find her another atty. In this case it would probably be pro bono anyway.

Hmm. Let's see: it's either JB's incompetence, daring legal maneuver, verbal blunder, subconscious wish to be fired or disbarred.. ...

I'm stumped!

Grounds for a mistrial??? I am not sure. NG is talking about it a little bit.

Please clarify--how can setting up for a mistrial occur if the trial for neglect (etc) let alone murder has not yet begun?:waitasec::confused:

Guessing what is too come? Maybe he has been getting info we yet don't have? Just throwing things out here.

My guess is that JB HAS asked the judge to be withdrawn as counsel and the judge said, "No way, Jose." This is not going to be easy to find another attorney to pick up. If you just "decide" you don't want to represent a client anymore, it's not going to fly. I think the judge said, "no" and JB decided to give the court a REASON to take him off the case. He may get some no big deal sanction by the Bar Assoc. but that's all in a day's work for criminal defense attys. Getting sued for all you're worth or disbarred is not a good ending for JB. And you KNOW how those Anthonys are...
"no way, Jose". Now that's funny! Since he seems to have Casey's confession, isn't he obligated to bring another attorney on board that doesn't have that information?

Hmmm... thinking here... I wonder if she would try to use this as an alibi timewise. "No, see that comment I made at that time?"

And I wonder if her MySpace records would show a comment made on someone else's page came from her cell phone.

And I now wonder if those few odd numbers on her cell phone log - not phone numbers, but 6-7 digit numbers - could be comments made to friends MySpace pages.

Thoughts anyone?

I believe the posts/messages can be subpoenaed from Myspace and Facebook. They should be able to tell which IP each message came from, cell or computer. Even a cell phone has an IP in a sense.

And honestly, if Casey is like most other young adults her age, it's probably never crossed her mind to use that as an alibi. Most people that age knows it's possible to post from a cell phone. They probably assume everyone knows that. I only know because my 19 y/o daughter does it all the time.

The 6-7 digit numbers... I'm not sure if those would be these messages or not. My daughter has told me that she has to "log in" myspace through her cell and messages from there, so it is internet time, not really text messages.

Did that make sense? lol

Sorry for the long thread name!

http://www.wftv.com/news/17610344/detail.html

"Eyewitness News has learned detectives have been searching for the body of Caylee Anthony in two more places in east Orange County. Caylee was reported missing 78 days ago. Detectives say she is dead and that at one point her body was in the trunk of her mom's car."

and

""It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Jose Baez said.

Judging by what he said, it would seem that Casey would get herself into trouble by telling what she knows about Caylee's whereabouts."

Interesting...

That's as close to an admission of guilt as I think we're going to get.

I believe the posts/messages can be subpoenaed from Myspace and Facebook. They should be able to tell which IP each message came from, cell or computer. Even a cell phone has an IP in a sense.

And honestly, if Casey is like most other young adults her age, it's probably never crossed her mind to use that as an alibi. Most people that age knows it's possible to post from a cell phone. They probably assume everyone knows that. I only know because my 19 y/o daughter does it all the time.

The 6-7 digit numbers... I'm not sure if those would be these messages or not. My daughter has told me that she has to "log in" myspace through her cell and messages from there, so it is internet time, not really text messages.

Did that make sense? lol

Makes sense. Thanks! Off to investigate!

Thoughts anyone?

I have a blackberry & my carrier just now, in the last few weeks added an application to make Myspace comments. Before the application, I could read comments and approve comments, but could not make comments on another page. Facebook has had a mobile application for a while, though. When you change your status, or post on someone's wall, it will show a mobile phone symbol.
Also, most phones that have web capabilities, will stamp "sent from my Blackberry Device" (or other phone/pda) at the bottom of an email sent via phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member