New Searches based ON CASEY Sightings. JB advises Casey to reveal nothing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster was talking about wanting to discuss Casey sightings. And the only Casey sighting regarding finding Caylee has been the one discussed in this thread regarding the tip about car and someone coming out of woods. I don't think we want to discusss Casey sightings at JB's office that has been done.

I understand it does nothing to change the case or the legal parts of the case (save a possible point for appeal later for ineffective counsel). However, he did reveal his client would be helping to incriminate herself if she did give up Caylee's whereabouts. True?

Two points to make here:

One -- Baez's statement doesn't imply that Casey disposed of Caylee's body. Everyone, especially everyone on this thread, is simply assuming this. Baez's statement is really vague enough that it could technically mean anything.

Two
-- It's obvious to anyone that Casey would incriminate herself if she knows where Caylee is and then passes along this information to LE. This is not new and anyone who states this, (even if they really didn't state this but people here wanna pretend) isn't saying anything new. This is day one stuff, and in fact, is at the core of Casey's moral dilemma -- a proper and formal burial for Caylee at the expense of Casey's freedom. Anyone following this case should understand this immediately -- and probably does. So even if Baez did imply this, what's the big deal? What's new? Where's the new revelation?

Or are we supposed to act as if we all can understand the implications of Casey's moral dilemma --that giving up Caylee might not be good for Casey-- but that Casey and Baez, unlike us, just figured it out for themselves yesterday when Baez made his comment?

:Banane35:
I started a thread on this and it got moved to "Sighting/Tips of Caylee"....but I was trying to start a thread about the recent sighting of CASEY. So I do think it should stay as it's own thread. I don't think it belonged under Caylee sightings.

Anyway, like I was saying....last night on NG, they mentioned a woman who has called to say that she spotted a "woman who looked like KC" walking out of the woods near an airport to her white Pontiac. So, I was asking if there is anymore information on THIS particular sighting...Thanx

And, I spelled "sighting" right this time Moo.... :crazy:

Good job p beagle :Banane35:.

I've been thinking about that sighting too......sounds like it was near where TE did their last big search.

Long time lurker here. There's a picture of the back of KC's car under the image thread. There are no stickers that I could see. I would post a link but I am new and don't think I am allowed yet.

Are you sure it is KC's car? There are pic's of a pontiac sunfire but it's a fellow Websleuther's that was kind enough to put up pic's for us to see how much trunk space there was.

I started a thread on this and it got moved to "Sighting/Tips of Caylee"....but I was trying to start a thread about the recent sighting of CASEY. So I do think it should stay as it's own thread. I don't think it belonged under Caylee sightings.

Anyway, like I was saying....last night on NG, they mentioned a woman who has called to say that she spotted a "woman who looked like KC" walking out of the woods near an airport to her white Pontiac. So, I was asking if there is anymore information on THIS particular sighting...Thanx

And, I spelled "sighting" right this time Moo.... :crazy:

It was my error on the move! Sorry! :(

It was my error on the move! Sorry! :(
Geez you're not supposed to admit it
belvanim2jx.gif

Two points to make here:

One -- Baez's statement doesn't imply that Casey disposed of Caylee's body. Everyone, especially everyone on this thread, is simply assuming this. Baez's statement is really vague enough that it could technically mean anything.

Two
-- It's obvious to anyone that Casey would incriminate herself if she knows where Caylee is and then passes along this information to LE. This is not new and anyone who states this, (even if they really didn't state this but people here wanna pretend) isn't saying anything new. This is day one stuff, and in fact, is at the core of Casey's moral dilemma -- a proper and formal burial for Caylee at the expense of Casey's freedom. Anyone following this case should understand this immediately -- and probably does. So even if Baez did imply this, what's the big deal? What's new? Where's the new revelation?

Or are we supposed to act as if we all can understand the implications of Casey's moral dilemma --that giving up Caylee might not be good for Casey-- but that Casey and Baez, unlike us, just figured it out for themselves yesterday when Baez made his comment?

I think our point is more that this is an admission that Caylee is deceased. If she was alive, then of course telling where she is would help her defense!! That is a big change from the mysterious third party defense!

We're not positive that she got those food items from the house either. Who else lives between Amscot and TonE's place that she might have had access to food like that?

I think our point is more that this is an admission that Caylee is deceased. If she was alive, then of course telling where she is would help her defense!! That is a big change from the mysterious third party defense!

He's changed his tune from "It's all about finding Caylee" and we know where she is. That's the revelation.

Marina,I cmpletely agree. I think JB is clear what the suspect classification means to his Client in the next week, but I think the plea ship sailed early on.
I think he gambled on some things his Client told him, the first of which is the ID of Caylee's father. I think that information will seal her fate.
I watched the CA interview with Det. Evers and Det. Melich. I am convinced CA knew exactly who this child's father was, and was specifically trying to mislead LE.

You DO NOT file paperwork establishing custody in the event of Casey's death as grandparents without notification to the Father, it is illegal, there is a burden of notification on behalf of the petitioner. Unless of course, they had a cert of death. In which case, they knew exactly who he was.

Either way, they knew, and either way, they lied at some point.
What is the reason?
Excellent question, Blink! Why, indeed?!

Has anyone actually found a photo of KC's car that would show bumper stickers or not? The only legitimate photo I have seen or have been able to find so far is a photo of the front of her car only. If anyone has actual pictures of KC's car that shows the back could you pretty, pretty, please post a link? :) I searched for a couple of hours last night, and had no luck at all.

I haven't seen a photo yet of the back of her car. However, you can see on the video of LE going over the car and clearly see the shamrock/4 leaf clover in the back window. It is large and in the middle. It would be hard to miss if someone were looking intently at her car from behind. Easily recognizable later, too.

Excellent question, Blink! Why, indeed?!

If you literally don't know who the father is - aka say, 10 possible men in that week span? - then you don't have anyone to notify. Its not like AIDS law where you have an obligation to inform anyone you might have infected.

Usually I'd agree saying *shrug* how would you not know - but given her "boyfriend" list she could have been dating 10 people in a month. I use dating "loosely" no pun intended.

Who changed the title of this thread and why? I thought the other was more accurate. He didn't tell Casey this...he told Matt L. this and the other reporter as he was walking. It wasn't advice to Casey. It was a statement. A matter of fact statement!

This is NOT what he said:

New Searches based ON CASEY Sightings. JB advises Casey to reveal nothing

There was no key recovered with the car. However, I do agree it was due to smell and she hoped it would be stolen. She never told her parents it was there or that it was out of gas either (that we have ever heard)...so how did GA know to take a gas can with him to the tow yard on the 30th?! This always bothered me, too.
probably because his daughter was known for running out of gas or stealing gas..and he was going to be on the safe side if it ws out of ags. Sounds like he had been this route before with casey.

Not by JB but by some other party. All this is just too nuts to lie, say something....then not say anything... and then for JB to make a statement like that...

Very crazy to say the least and I truely feel that we haven't seen or heard the craziest yet.

And I also feel that when all is said and done....many will be shocked yet again.

just a feeling....way strange events going on here.

I think she was counting on the fact that everyone would be like "that's too crazy, nobody could think that up."

Is the bolded part correct? He actually said she left that early on the 27th? He also says he can't remember the exact date he picked her up at Amscot.

Seranade - you are right! I apologize for not re-reading Tony's statement before I posted. That'll teach me.

Tony did say sometime in the week of June 22-28th. He did not say the 27th. Also, he said when Casey left in the morning, she said she would be back. Not that she left early.

I think I must have been putting things together in my mind :eek:

Salem

Marina,I cmpletely agree. I think JB is clear what the suspect classification means to his Client in the next week, but I think the plea ship sailed early on.
I think he gambled on some things his Client told him, the first of which is the ID of Caylee's father. I think that information will seal her fate.
I watched the CA interview with Det. Evers and Det. Melich. I am convinced CA knew exactly who this child's father was, and was specifically trying to mislead LE.

You DO NOT file paperwork establishing custody in the event of Casey's death as grandparents without notification to the Father, it is illegal, there is a burden of notification on behalf of the petitioner. Unless of course, they had a cert of death. In which case, they knew exactly who he was.

Either way, they knew, and either way, they lied at some point.
What is the reason?

Remember the friend of kc said that CA was very prejudiced and wouldnt allow her in the house because she was mexican? Maybe Caylees father is Mexican also. CA and her denial again. If she truly is that prejudiced, she would not want anyone to know that Caylee is mixed.
They could also be concerned that the father may try to get custody of her, and it wouldnt be too hard to prove kc was an unfit mother.
Here's another thing I have personal experience with....If the father has family out of the country, and they take the baby, it is almost impossible to get that child back once it has been taken across the border. In my case, my sons fathers family threatened to take him after he was born. His father eventually moved out of the country, so getting child support is next to impossible. Im glad they are out of his life now and I dont have to worry about them anymore.

The A's couldnt have filed for sole custody of Caylee, as you said. Every effort must be made to determine the father, and he must also be sent notice that they intend to file for custody. Its not just a matter of "filing papers" with an attorney, the case has to be filed with the superior court and is decided by a judge.

There was also a question as to kc getting benefits for Caylee. If she did apply for medical, cash, or food stamps, the state would insist that the father be located, and they would also start the procedure to collect child support from him, beginning with paternity testing. If she applied to get cash, the child support payments would go directly to DES.

I felt the same way, SS. I figured Jose would be on all the morning news shows, telling all of us how his words were misconstrued! I'm really surprised we haven't seen or heard from him today. Yes, it's very odd!
I still feel that whenever he's approached on yesterday's statements, his words, he will say that is not what he meant! And Casey is being falsely accused by the big bad LE.:behindbar

IMO The silence from JB is Loud and Clear. I wonder if he ever REALLY bought into her story? :behindbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member