New Years Eve (Party)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The examples you have given are mainly entertainment....not a situation of a missing child....and even an alcoholic can have some sort of sensitivity.

imo.

I wasn't talking about entertainment. I'm talking about something that's just part of everyday life. Having a case of beer in the house is no more significant than havign a case of Pepsi.

I wasn't talking about entertainment. I'm talking about something that's just part of everyday life. Having a case of beer in the house is no more significant than havign a case of Pepsi.

I agree carbuff, but I don't think anyone was bringing 2 cases of beer over for condolences. You could be right tho-- if SA was stocking up for the future from donations, since he quit his job...and what better time than NYE when a sale is on. Maybe it's just the way I see it.....

I agree carbuff, but I don't think anyone was bringing 2 cases of beer over for condolences. You could be right tho-- if SA was stocking up for the future from donations, since he quit his job...and what better time than NYE when a sale is on.

I don't think it's fair to pick on BD for this event, whatever it was, but I am not going to defend SA!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) for both Zoe and passion!
sLo_BigBearHug.gif

And just wanted to clarify who CJ is?

Mentioned upthread about that she has reached out to radio and wouldn't be surprised if she had also reached out to LE..I couldn't figure out who CJ is?

TIA

Nevermind.. My brain just kicked in..Connie Jones..duh?..sorry..carry on..lol

I don't think it's fair to pick on BD for this event, whatever it was, but I am not going to defend SA!

I'm not defending SA either---I was being sarcastic toward him. He's a
images

People were coming and going all week before NYE, bringing food and things. We heard that a few times.

The reason so many people "just happened" to come on NYE is because NYE just happened to fall on a weekend. People were able to be off work and travel from out of town. I wish NYE had been a Wednesday... I don't think it would have been an issue.

Well, BD's bro, DO who has been named in the MSM, and the one who failed at least one poly, maybe 2...was bonded out of jail on NYD. BD said he was at her house NYE, so I don't think it's a stretch to think he got pulled over NYE and he is prolly' where the info about the party came from.

DO is also the one who I think SA would consider a "friend." There may be more, but he is the one I have seen has shared interests with SA. It freaked me out a little bit. But it did make me think maybe that is why Billie wasn't freaked out by Shawn's hobbies, if her brother shared them she may have already been used to them?

I think SA and DO were probably drinking that night. I doubt many others were except for maybe a beer instead of water... just because that's how they do things.

If DO really said that quickly that there was a NYE party... that really makes me wonder about him. He seems very loyal to Billie. If that information came from him then there was a motive for him to say it. What would that motive be? :waitasec:

Maybe it's just me but I would have been using my teenage son's knowledge of the local kids hangouts and party plans to be hitting up any and all gatherings of teens on NYE to see if my missing daughter was hiding out with any of them. Not sitting around in my house entertaining relatives, drinking beer and watching the news.

Why on earth didn't she and/or SA along with her brothers ever just drive around the neighborhood looking for her daughter? They had a car and CD was doing it on foot!

That was a very busy day for BD. First the dogs showed up and (according to her) did a direct track from her house to CD's to MB's to the hotel. She also picked up an Ativan prescription from Snyder on the 31st even though she claimed to have taken it the night before so that when she went in for her polygraph that day she was denied because of the "narcotics" in her system. And then of course, she must have been bothered by the arrest of her younger brother sometime that evening or into the early hours of the next day.

Yep...that was quite a NYE for BD.

MOO

Maybe it's just me but I would have been using my teenage son's knowledge of the local kids hangouts and party plans to be hitting up any and all gatherings of teens on NYE to see if my missing daughter was hiding out with any of them. Not sitting around in my house entertaining relatives, drinking beer and watching the news.

sbm

Very good point Kamille.

IMO, a concerned parent would have done these things. A concerned parent would have done many things that BD has not done - especially someone who is "street-smart, savvy" (as MK described her).

Personal anecdote: when my eldest daughter was a teen, she sneaked out of the house to go visit a young man who lived nearby. After a few phone calls to her friends, and a little sleuthing, I figured out where she most likely went and set out to find her. Sure enough - I found her in the apartment of the above-mentioned young man. After putting the fear of God & the Law into him, I took my daughter home & grounded her. There was no way I would have sat on my couch waiting for her to come home, doing nothing. But, then again, I think that's the difference between parents (like you & I and many others) and parents like BD.

Caveat: I don't believe for a second that HD sneaked out or ran away.

As a parent, BD has no acceptable excuse for sitting on her couch on NYE (or any other day) when she could have been out searching places that make logical sense for her to search these past 8 weeks.

Perhaps she knows there is no reason for her to search?

MOO

IMO, the party was more of BD pacifying SA. Couldn't call it off or he would be mad.

Honestly, the whole case is about SA and BD pacifying him. Hailey was a side issue ...

Why on earth didn't she and/or SA along with her brothers ever just drive around the neighborhood looking for her daughter? They had a car and CD was doing it on foot!

That was a very busy day for BD. First the dogs showed up and (according to her) did a direct track from her house to CD's to MB's to the hotel. She also picked up an Ativan prescription from Snyder on the 31st even though she claimed to have taken it the night before so that when she went in for her polygraph that day she was denied because of the "narcotics" in her system. And then of course, she must have been bothered by the arrest of her younger brother sometime that evening or into the early hours of the next day.

MOO
You are exactly right about the opportunity of NYE. If she had run away, and was still in the area, she would have been at one of the teen parties that night. If my kid was missing I would sure as heck be crashing those parties, and at least asking the kids about her.
And I understand completely why she wouldn't want to search in fields for remains, but this was just 2 days later, no reason to believe she wasn't alive and hiding out somewhere. If everyone at the 'non-party' scoured the local teen parties, which DD would have been able to find, that would have made sense. imo

Please excuse me while I jump off of your post to make a point, Hippy Chick. The kind of gathering you're talking about is fairly common in most parts, though customs vary among cultures. It's certainly the norm here in New Orleans to eat and drink after funerals. In fact, practically every funeral home in the area has a restaurant and barroom nearby so we can start "gathering" while the wake's going on the night before the funeral. In some circles, your friends might even hold a second line parade for you the next morning with music and dancing once you're in the ground. Likewise, in the case of illness, families get together and share food and drink. Depending on the age of the ailing person and the circumstances, the atmosphere often becomes jovial. Not so when the victim is a child, however. If there is a gathering, or repast, after a child's funeral, the atmosphere is always somber. At least that's been my experience, and I can't imagine it's much different anywhere else.

Also, in this case, Hailey was not known to be dead. She had disappeared just a few days earlier under mysterious circumstances. There was a possibility that she was suffering, that she was being held captive, raped and tortured. She might've been lying somewhere injured and unable to get help. All sorts of possibilities exist, and for many of us it's inconceivable that a parent could forget them for even a moment.

Then there's the fact that it was NYE, which is normally an occasion to celebrate. So a get together on that particular night gives the impression that the focus was not on Hailey, or coming together to show support for Billie in her hour of need, but rather having a good time. That is why this "party" has become an issue in this case, and why LE saw fit to mention it in the affadavit, imo. It's highly unusual to the point of indicating malevolence on someone's part. But like I said in my previous post, we don't know if Billie was a willing participant, and because of my experience, I've chosen to give her the benefit of the doubt.

ETA: Oh, for crying out loud. LOL I just noticed a huge mistake in my other post! My husband had renal cancer. My mother had the other, and more.

[bbm]

my experience is that it's basically the same as any other ... somber mixed with smiles mixed with tears mixed with nervous laughter mixed with a whole bunch of love & sadness & comforting hugs ... JMO

Huh. It would never have occurred to me to crash New Year's Eve parties in town looking for my daughter, unless I had something specific to make me think she was there. Not that it's a bad idea, necessarily, but until you guys started talking about it, the possibility didn't cross my mind.

Even if I did think about it, I might have decided it was a bad idea. I'm not the kind who can push my way into something and read the riot act to anybody, except maybe as a comedy routine. I might have sent the teenager out hoping he'd see something, or asked friends to keep an eye out for her.

Huh. It would never have occurred to me to crash New Year's Eve parties in town looking for my daughter, unless I had something specific to make me think she was there. Not that it's a bad idea, necessarily, but until you guys started talking about it, the possibility didn't cross my mind.

Even if I did think about it, I might have decided it was a bad idea. I'm not the kind who can push my way into something and read the riot act to anybody, except maybe as a comedy routine. I might have sent the teenager out hoping he'd see something, or asked friends to keep an eye out for her.

Well her friend posted on here on Dec 31st about the siting of HD, MB and the unknown teenage boy by the woman who claims to have seen them on the evening of the 27th while making a video rental.

So BD was aware of this siting at least during the day on NYE. As a mother, I would have had DD in the car and driven around to every possible place where local teens might gather for their own NYE celebrations.

Neither BD nor SA or any of BD's relatives ever got in a car and drove around looking for Hailey from what we have been led to believe from CD and local media reports. She supposedly "checked out a couple of places" with her sister in law before reporting Hailey missing to the police on the 28th, but never went back out looking when SA returned with her own car.

Unless she was looking while she was picking up her beer and Ativan prescription? :waitasec:

MOO

Well her friend posted on here on Dec 31st about the siting of HD, MB and the unknown teenage boy by the woman who claims to have seen them on the evening of the 27th while making a video rental.

So BD was aware of this siting at least during the day on NYE. As a mother, I would have had DD in the car and driven around to every possible place where local teens might gather for their own NYE celebrations.

Neither BD nor SA or any of BD's relatives ever got in a car and drove around looking for Hailey from what we have been led to believe from CD and local media reports. She supposedly "checked out a couple of places" with her sister in law before reporting Hailey missing to the police on the 28th, but never went back out looking when SA returned with her own car.

Unless she was looking while she was picking up her beer and Ativan prescription? :waitasec:

MOO

Driving around looking for her, yes. That makes sense. But I wouldn't have thought about the parties. I guess because I'm not much of a party type myself...

I guess I'd better hope none of my kids ever goes missing. I don't have the creativity or the boldness to be a good mother in that situation.

Driving around looking for her, yes. That makes sense. But I wouldn't have thought about the parties. I guess because I'm not much of a party type myself...

I guess I'd better hope none of my kids ever goes missing. I don't have the creativity or the boldness to be a good mother in that situation.

You would if one of them was missing

Thanks for clarifying, because it wasn't obvious to me. We all have our own interpretations about words, but I'm sure you'll agree that there is a difference between several and few. :blowkiss:

According to dictionary.com, not so much

a few

A small number of persons or things.

several (sev·er·al) (noun)
[sev-er-uhl, sev-ruhl]
a few; some.

several (sev·er·al) (adj.)
[sev-er-uhl, sev-ruhl]
being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind: several ways of doing it.

MOO
bbm
The narcotics referred to the pain medication for her bad tooth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back