Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering about why she would have her passport - when I travelled NZ and Australia I always took my passport with me everywhere - you needed it to access some clubs as they would want to scan in a machine your ID - so I suspect she had it with her for that purpose. I am so sad this is looking like foul play. I never felt unsafe travelling NZ and I agree with the previous poster who said that after travelling Peru, Auckland probably felt like such a safe place.

Missing British backpacker 'was murdered' say New Zealand police — 9news.com.au

Hope this works...first time posting a link...eeep...

Poor Grace,an absolute travesty that young women are not free to travel the world without fear of being murdered...

In my youth I travelled pretty extensively on my own and put myself in situations that possibly in these days would have ended differently,who knows anymore...

It's very fortunate that her family reacted immediately and went to New Zealand to ensure that police did everything possible to find Grace. I think that if it had been another traveller, one without such a strong family, this might have gone unnoticed until it was too late to identify a suspect.

I also wonder whether there are other victims.

Well, this turned out more or less the way it was looking on page 3 :/ One thing that stood out to me is how early headlines unabashedly pointed out she is the daughter of a millionaire property developer. My dad also owns a large contracting company, but so what. If I ever go missing, I really hope my identity isn't encapsulated with what my parents do for a living (or any relatives in law enforcement) or how much money they make. I just found that to be in super bad taste. If there was any indication she had been kidnapped for ransom, they don't need a headline to inspire even more loonies to extort the family.

I am curious about the sighting of her that coincides with the tinder ping 14km away. It sounds like she was taken away from the downtown area in a car (no cctv leaving the hotel) and then murdered elsewhere - I hope they can find her.

Unfortunately it sounds like exactly as I predicted.

I feel so sorry for her family who couldn’t be any further away and the poor father who has no family support and is out in New Zealand dealing with this all alone.

We now live in a world where it’s unsafe to travel alone it seems.

New Zealand doesn’t seem like the place where you would end up murdered but unfortunately so many sick predators out there waiting for any opportunity to pray on innocent victims.

Another tragic story of a young woman, full of life and adventure, loving to travel and experience the world, murdered by some man who happened to cross paths with her. Speculating on motive, I'm betting it's related to some selfish need of this man. Like in Carla's case in Costa Rica. And, it was the day before her birthday as, again, in Carla's case . This makes me angry too, like others have stated upthread, and full of sorrow for Grace and her family. Since LE seems to think they have the guy, I hope he tells them where to find her body. RIP Ms Grace Millane.

Press release at 10.30 am tomorrow,no more details today.

Stated in article posted above.

Although I’m sure some with better google-fu than me have worked out possible perps..

First Carla, now Grace. The night before each of their birthdays. How eerie. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the killer is the guy that left the comment on her FB page. Per his FB, he belongs to groups interested in investing in Auckland rentals.
My heart goes out to her family.

I must have missed a bit, which guy and which page?

EDIT think I found it - JS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads