GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipping for focus on certain tweets of interest to me.

"Transcript" from Pre-trial hearing via @amyWMUR https://twitter.com/amyWMUR

Read from bottom up.

- Jane Young: victim told police #nathanielkibby would harm her family, pets, friends if she revealed his identity. #wmur.

- def. claims no 'probable cause' to sieze mask from his trailer. #wmur

- initial statement from victim told investigators her captor wore a mask. a 'scream style' mask. #nathanielkibby #wmur

- Court docs:the victim was held hostage for 284 days & sexually assaulted nearly every day in 'multiple manners' #nathanialkibby #wmur

- Motion to recuse Jane Young from the #nathanielkibby trial is denied by Hon. Larry Smukler. #wmur

- Jason Casey for state:arguing precedent allowing for J. Young to remain lead prosecutor despite alleged misconduct by #nathanielkibby #wmur

- def. :we've been buried under 34K pages/ discovery. Defense: 2 simultaneous cases, j. young can't be victim in 1, prosecutor in other #wmur

- At issue is jailhouse recording where #nathanielkibby allegedly threatens Janey Young #wmur

- first motion is to recuse lead prosecutor Jane Young from the case. defense atty. says: my client maintains innocence on all charges. #wmur

poor baby. I hope she lives the rest of her life in nothing but the happiness that she deserves.

- prosecutor:next item is an HP printer found by fish&game officer on a diff property printer was wrapped in trash bag. #nathanielkibby #wmur

So it was a printer F&G picked up from the river, that we were wondering about?

So it was a printer F&G picked up from the river, that we were wondering about?

Sure seems that way. I remember us all trying to guess what he could possibly be attempting hide in the river. Was it hidden/dumped in water to attempt to destroy evidence?

And now with this info, it seems that may very well have been the point to dumping it in the river.

ETA does that model printer have a spool or anything inside it that could forensically lead to images of prior printed documents?

Trying to remember if the letter home was handwritten or typed

NH1 News Network @NH1News
Court hearing for Nathaniel Kibby has adjourned for the day. Judge will issue decision within a few days.

Sure seems that way. I remember us all trying to guess what he could possibly be attempting hide in the river. Was it hidden/dumped in water to attempt to destroy evidence?

And now with this info, it seems that may very well have been the point to dumping it in the river.

ETA does that model printer have a spool or anything inside it that could forensically lead to images of prior printed documents?

I remember a lot of talk about the letter, lots and lots of talk. But did we ever find out if it was hand written or typed? I don't think we did, I recall JY saying they believed it was authentic but didn't they refuse to disclose why?

That's what I am thinking too. I recall Jane Young stating very specifically that it was written in AH's "voice" but I can't find anything about whether it was typewritten or handwritten.

I remember a lot of talk about the letter, lots and lots of talk. But did we ever find out if it was hand written or typed? I don't think we did, I recall JY saying they believed it was authentic but didn't they refuse to disclose why?

You are right, Skib, it was never disclosed whether the letter was handwritten or typed.

The new information about the counterfeiting scheme is interesting to me. AH was enlisted to help him? I am also making the same leap and thinking that since the printer was found in a plastic bag on another property...and we were told that a plastic bag was found in the river nearby Kibby's home...that the two instances are probably one and the same. However, they could be two separate bags entirely. Maybe the printer had to do with the counterfeit scheme rather than any illicit photos? Why would he dump it in the river? Do printers have memory chips?! It's not as if something heavy like a printer would float away.

Nov 12, 2014

Court Document: Order on Associated Press's Motion to Unseal Arrest Warrant Affidavit

Unsealed Redacted Attachment A

............... A.... states that she wrote the........letter...............to her mother and her boyfriend. ......... The paper came from a notebook. She was also given a pen.

[.....] are where the court redacted

My goodness. The listed charges make my stomach hurt.

I am ashamed of myself for ever looking at this case sideways. I should know better.
A is going to be a force to contend with based on her attending NK's first hearing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/amyWMUR/status/666708860220997632

What is the "double jeopardy" argument from Kibby?

I suspect it might have something to do with being charged separately for individual, almost daily sexual assaults. His argument being that they happened during one contiguous period of captivity therefore making them one act and not multiple. That would certainly fit his twisted way of thinking about his behavior and minimizing the impact/responsibility for his horrendously depraved actions.

(Also glad that I never wavered in my initial impression and belief regarding A.H.. Hope she is thriving and nourishing her inner self.)

Nov 12, 2014

Court Document: Order on Associated Press's Motion to Unseal Arrest Warrant Affidavit

Unsealed Redacted Attachment A

[.....] are where the court redacted

Thank you, Unique!

I suspect it might have something to do with being charged separately for individual, almost daily sexual assaults. His argument being that they happened during one contiguous period of captivity therefore making them one act and not multiple. That would certainly fit his twisted way of thinking about his behavior and minimizing the impact/responsibility for his horrendously depraved actions.

(Also glad that I never wavered in my initial impression and belief regarding A.H.. Hope she is thriving and nourishing her inner self.)

I would think that he should be charged for each and every day she was in captivity. He should never see the light of day as a free man. He's naught but a waste of space.

I can only echo others' thoughts here.....all the "details" make one ill to read. That young lady living through it just is beyond imagining.
As others have said, just keep talking NK, keep digging that hole deeper.

http://news.yahoo.com/trial-pushed-back-man-charged-kidnap-rape-teen-172748972.html
Kibby is accused of using death threats, a stun gun, zip ties and a shock collar to control the teen. Prosecutors said he also ordered his captive to help him destroy evidence. The Carroll County indictments said she spotted his full name inside a cookbook in his home and revealed that information to investigators days after she returned. He told the girl he would only release her if she lied to police about what had happened and what he looked like.

From the same article...

The New Hampshire Judicial Branch announced last week that Nathaniel Kibby's trial is now scheduled to start June 20 with jury selection. It had been scheduled for March.

Justice can't come soon enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back