GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if a perp is ever actually calculating the potential jail time they will get if caught when they are committing a crime? It seems to me that crimes are crimes, in and of themselves, whether they are passionate or calculated, and what ever comes after (jail, hopefully) is mostly not factored in by the criminal.

Depends on the crime and knowledge of the perpetrator, obviously, but I think it matters. I think most murderers kill without thinking much about the consequences, but I think a lot of people do not kill because they know they will likely never see freedom again. I don't think the death penalty does much because the ones who do think about consequences are already deterred by life imprisonment and the ones who act out of passion don't think at all. With kidnapping, a lot of people plan it out, but a lot of people also seem to act on a sexual impulse when the opportunity arises. The issue is once they've gone through with it and taken the victim, what do they do next? Since few have the planning in place to keep them long-term, the options are release or death. Many of them panic and choose the latter. If a few high profile cases let them know that they will get a lot less punishment for releasing the victim, they might be a lot more willing to do so, and probably try to scare them into telling a different story.

Got a problem? Contact a mod.

Thanks.

Moreover, as I have recently learned (and please correct me if I am wrong, CatFancier), when "MSM" (which, I believe, refers to "mainstream media") is inconsistent with a legal decision or other document, and where "MSM" has had the last word, "MSM" is taken to be true on Websleuths. Obviously, O.J. Simpson is considered guilty
by "MSM."
<rsbm>

You are mistaken.

A statement published by the media should not be regarded as fact on that basis alone. It may be discussed, however, and members are free to state their opinions on the statement's veracity and credibility, or lack thereof. As facts go, where there is a discrepancy, in most every instance an official LE statement (from a named source), a legal ruling, or a legal instrument (that which may be presented as evidence to the senses of the adjudicating tribunal) trumps MSM hands down.

The consensus might be that O.J. Simpson is guilty, but a post which states "O.J. Simpson is guilty" as a fact rather than an opinion would be snipped or removed from the thread (assuming it is read by a moderator). That's why those dreary acronyms are so important, i.e., IMO, JMO, MOO.

At an emergency hearing in July, Kibby and his attorney, Jesse Friedman, fought to keep Kibby's mobile home and storage container in place. The state wanted to relocate the property to a secure location, citing concerns over vandalism and trespassers who might disturb the scene. The trailer is expected to be a focus at the probable cause hearing, as well.

"I think that you would learn some additional details," Ruoff said. "Keep in mind that the defendant's attorney gets to cross-examine the witness. And sometimes, the cross-examination is intended to uncover more evidence."

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/hearing-in-abby-hernandez-kidnapping-case-scheduled/27713964#ixzz3BytpZHLm

Looking forward to this hearing and hoping it gives us a much better idea of the state's case against Kibby. Thankfully, I have scheduled that day off work for other reasons and will be able to watch if it is streamed and follow reporter tweets if not.

When the issue of moving the trailer came up, I think I read that he did not have the funds to pay the rent on the land at the trailer park? Wondering if that would be one of the reasons he let her go? I also read somewhere in all the news stories circulating at that time, that the state would either have to pay or assist in paying the rent. If NK was unable to meet the costs of keeping his home, that may have been another reason she was let go. People speak of the upcoming charges against him unrelated to AH, which may well be true. But if he was going to be forced out for non payment of rent, how could he move with someone else in tow who had to be kept hidden.
It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

**** YA! FINALLY FINALLY! wow you just gave me chicken skin. I registered on the other sites. I pretty much said the same and then they ganged up on me and then when i tried to log back on i was banned forever and for no reason. i will never stray again. To go through what she went through was bad enough. But to survive and deal with THE MEDIA and the comments from the same people who help put up posters and therefore feel they have a right to know is unbelieveable. abigail and her mother i think are awesome. good lineage.
I wish to say this so please indulge me;
I am not an educated person and I realize that some of my posts of late may seem to be snarky / trollish. I am sorry for that. I usually try to be clear and factual in my posts. I think it is important when we endeavor to sleuth, discover, research and otherwise assist in the solving of crimes, especially those of missing persons, and in my case, missing children, to be thorough and precise.
Some posters will understand that many of us, Cat, Bessie, Look, Take, Ski, Clu, Mamaj, Mom, Tlc, Rad, Salem and so many others, have had a large emotional stake in this particular case for any of a variety of reasons. But there is something else.
The compassion that is involved in looking, researching and sleuthing, calling in tips, and actually doing something, rather than just the jibber jabber of a chat box, is for some of us here, more than just an interest or a time filler. It is something we are driven to. I cannot explain it.+

So when some of us insist on keeping with TOS and the Spirit of Websleuths, it is because we understand the goal here. It is that goal that kept me from registering on other sites.

Abby is home.

That was the goal.

I would love, love, love to see her discussion thread closed. not deleted, but closed.

SOLVED.

I would love to see a Kibby thread Where this minor victim is only referred to with initials.

I needed, for many reason, to get that out in type, not just for my own spirit, but for anyone who may be feeling the same.

This has been one very intense case.

:loveyou:

Stele.

:cow:

"It's back to school on Tuesday for local students. See story in Monday's online-only edition. "

https://www.facebook.com/TheConwayDailySun

My thoughts and prayers go out to Abby as this new school year starts. I hope she will be starting and trying to get some sense of her new normal - back with her friends and hopefully getting further away from this horror.

I loved your comment marijane. My mom always reminds me we "come from strong stock" whenever things get bad! I'm thinking ZH and the girls must come from it too!

Another delay in Abby kidnapping case
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140904/NEWS03/140909528
The public now likely will have to wait even longer to learn more information after the court on Thursday granted a defense request to continue Kibby&#8217;s probable cause hearing 60 days.

Asked if investigators are reviewing other missing persons and unsolved homicide cases &#8212; particularly those involving women &#8212; as part of the wide-ranging nature of the probe, Young declined to answer the specific question. But, she reiterated that &#8220;it is a comprehensive investigation examining all facets of Mr. Kibby&#8217;s life before and after the day that Abigail was kidnapped.&#8221;

Very disappointed. I am off work tomorrow and til Thursday. I was really happy I would be able to watch and follow the hearing. Now it's delayed another 60 days. :sigh:

Very disappointed. I am off work tomorrow and til Thursday. I was really happy I would be able to watch and follow the hearing. Now it's delayed another 60 days. :sigh:

I have to keep reminding myself that as we approach the holidays, what a heart rending nightmare the holidays were for Mom and sister last year. So justice is, for now, unresolved but the JOY of having HOPE fulfilled with Abby home and safe has to be a wonderful consolation for these upcoming holidays. I hope Abby's birthday this year has fireworks on the common instead of a vigil!

I was wondering how AH is doing these days. Did she return to school? I know she wanted to get back to a normal life, but that must be awfully difficult. Just wondering how and what she is doing. It's a long road ahead for her, and any progress in "normalcy" would be surely tested once the trial starts. Just hoping her adjustment to everyday is going smoothly.

I was wondering how AH is doing these days. Did she return to school? I know she wanted to get back to a normal life, but that must be awfully difficult. Just wondering how and what she is doing. It's a long road ahead for her, and any progress in "normalcy" would be surely tested once the trial starts. Just hoping her adjustment to everyday is going smoothly.

I hate that whatever new routine she is developing (if she went back to school, is starting an alternative school arrangement, etc) will likely be completely disrupted again when there is a trial (assuming Kibby does not change his attitude and plead guilty).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back