GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no clue as to what happened to Abby? This just can't be. Kudos to NH police and all the other agencies helping in the search. Such a sad case that I hope has a happy ending, though. Prayers to Abby, her mom, family and friends.

I hate these types of disappearances.

I was the one that first brought that up. No, at this point, I'm not even sure if the dogs tracked her route to home. It seems the focus of the search was around Walmart so police may think she never even made it home. Once it was reported back stream on the thread, that there may have been evidence she made it home but I don't think that was ever substantiated.

bbm...

http://nhpr.org/post/mother-missing-conway-teenager-makes-emotional-plea

from link ==> Hernandez left Kennett High School around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon and police believe she made it home.

Wow oh wow..............that freaks me out. I find that incredibly scary, not saying that there is a serial killer or anything, but the fact that while searchers may be looking for one body they find two more!! How can that be?

Am sure I did read that a search party was using a "shoulder to shoulder" method. You would find many things that might have been undiscovered before. Hunters come across things. Many hikers stay on trails. Leaves are falling, forest debris, blowdown etc. From November on there will be snow cover til the spring melt. Hunters use Atv's, there are snowmobile trails.

This might sound dumb, but think of the Everglades, no one has covered every foot of that....same way with the woods up here.

bbm...

http://nhpr.org/post/mother-missing-conway-teenager-makes-emotional-plea

from link ==> Hernandez left Kennett High School around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon and police believe she made it home.

Also

Detectives believe she made it back to her home in North Conway, New Hampshire, but disappeared shortly after.
A state police search dog followed Abigail's trail. The scent trail led back to her house, but disappeared after that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-old-went-missing-walking-home-school.html

Am sure I did read that a search party was using a "shoulder to shoulder" method. You would find many things that might have been undiscovered before. Hunters come across things. Many hikers stay on trails. Leaves are falling, forest debris, blowdown etc. From November on there will be snow cover til the spring melt. Hunters use Atv's, there are snowmobile trails.

This might sound dumb, but think of the Everglades, no one has covered every foot of that....same way with the woods up here.

Haha OhOh I have heard of Everglades, but wouldn't know what they were...and have only seen snow twice in my life and both times it wasn't in Australia. I live in the North of Australia where it is very hot......I have my airconditioner on 24 hours a day at the moment and summer doesn't start until NOv 1. In winter we still wear shorts and singlet tops in the day and might pop on a cardy at night...haha so that has freaked me out a bit that two other people may have been murdered at some stage in a fairly small town. But I do get what you are saying, that the area would be rarely searched.

"One of the line searchers recovered bone fragments from a missing person a number of years ago.”

Have they already identified the bone fragments? Whose are they? :notgood:

I wondered about that too, that would seem to be a very quick identification if true.

"One of the line searchers recovered bone fragments from a missing person a number of years ago.”

Have they already identified the bone fragments? Whose are they? :notgood:

One set of remains was from the missing hiker and I haven't seen any names attached to the bone fragments. I just can't stop thinking about Maura Murray even though she disappeared quite a distance from there. Still, it's much too close to not think of her.

North Conway is one of my happy places. Everything about it - the mountains, the air, the trees, the people, etc. I've been going up there my whole life and my sister used to own a ski house there. This is such a busy time of year for the area with all of the incredible foliage. The sheer number of hotels and tourists must make this a very difficult search for anyone who may have seen something. A friend tried to find a hotel room for last weekend, but she waited too long and most available were pricing out very high due to high occupancy. Many places were sold out. I would imagine there are also a lot of weddings booked up there at this time of year. I can't even begin to imagine how many people travel through the area daily.

Does the hotel behind or by Settlers green still exist? I haven't been by those outlets in years and last time I was, I was surprised and disappointed by the number of empty stores.

What about Cranmore Mountain? Do they offer any type of fall festival or Halloween special haunted house that have attracted a crowd?

I hope this poor child is found safe and sound. I don't have a good feeling though given all the agencies already involved.

i hope today is the day abigail is found alive and safe.
it is hard to keep hope with the days that pass.

off topic, but an arrest was made in the madeleine mcann case.

The CDS reports nobody is available for comment this morning.

Went by the Police station and the parking lot has emptied. Also no LE at the woods area nor anywhere else along the N-S rd. Day off ? Given up ?

Sad.

EDIT: Also I found it interesting that Jane Young was not at the presser last night. Not that she would have given anything.

re: not making an amber alert: i found this info.: The federal government now recommends that alerts be limited to cases of children 17 and younger who are believed to be in imminent danger as a result of an abduction. The guidelines also suggest that alerts be issued only in cases where there is sufficient informationa suspect's description or a car's make and model, for exampleto enable the public to help recover the child.

found here: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/amber_hagerman/7.html

so...no amber alert was issued in this case. personally, i feel that's a mistake, but what do i know? it sounds like one COULD be issued, and it was decided against it.

this and the fact that they're line searching right in north conway tells me that they don't think she's out of town. thoughts?

Went by the Police station and the parking lot has emptied. Also no LE at the woods area nor anywhere else along the N-S rd. Day off ? Given up ?

Sad.

EDIT: Also I found it interesting that Jane Young was not at the presser last night. Not that she would have given anything.

This is just a side note, but as we were at the N/S-Walmart intersection last night around 6:30 we saw a few cars still going up Eagles Way to the school. Wondering if that is a search staging area, no school til Tuesday morning.
Not one avail. Parking space at the backlot of Settlers Green, was shocked, never never ever saw it that busy. Tuesday morning all the busyness will be so over. Yes, very sad.

Sad.

This sounds unusual considering their intense gatherings/searching the previous days.
I wonder if they have found something and are positioned in that location.
I don't think they would abruptly change their routine without some cause.
I do not like that I keep thinking and feeling the worst outcome for this young girl.

When I watched the mother in the press briefing I noticed first that they had her off on the end of the lineup-she was standing there holding her folder/prepared statement listening intently to what the LE was saying. From her body language she looked focused on something besides her grief. I did not see her as weak. I did find it odd that she was off on the end, I would have thought they would have put another LE on her other side (for protection, comfort, to show her importance). I kept thinking if that was me I would likely collapse in agony.

Worrying about and praying for this child and her family.

Did anyone ever find out how long Abigail's family has been in the North Conway area? I know someone was asking that question further upthread. I notice from the article that the condo she lives in is rented by her family. However, someone a few pages back found that this condo was purchased in November of 2012. That's probably the owner that is renting the condo to the Hernandez family, which means they probably haven't lived there for more than 9-10 months, at most.

Did they move into that condo from a different place in the area, or did they move to this area recently from somewhere else entirely? Not sure why it matters- and maybe it doesn't- I'd just like to know.

i'm getting a sicker feeling today with the quiet and stillness.
it feels ominous today to me.
too quiet.

Did anyone ever find out how long Abigail's family has been in the North Conway area? I know someone was asking that question further upthread. I notice from the article that the condo she lives in is rented by her family. However, someone a few pages back found that this condo was purchased in November of 2012. That's probably the owner that is renting the condo to the Hernandez family, which means they probably haven't lived there for more than 9-10 months, at most.

Did they move into that condo from a different place in the area, or did they move to this area recently from somewhere else entirely? Not sure why it matters- and maybe it doesn't- I'd just like to know.

Who knows ?

The press is a joke. The only question from them is Where are the billboards located in Mass . Nobody has asked Father's location . Nor where exactly she was last seen. Nor if it has been proven she had gone home. Nor why if she is just " missing" why are they line searching like they would if searching for a body .

The questions arent asked , so they arent answered.

I hope the press is enjoying their all expense paid trip to the Valley during the most beautiful time of the year , the only thing they seem to do is roll the cameras, and cant even upload a stream back to the TV station properly after having 24 hours of down time to set it up.

Im sure the local watering holes did well.

(end of rant )

Who knows ?

The press is a joke. The only question from them is Where are the billboards located in Mass . Nobody has asked Father's location . Nor where exactly she was last seen. Nor if it has been proven she had gone home. Nor why if she is just " missing" why are they line searching like they would if searching for a body .

The questions arent asked , so they arent answered.

I hope the press is enjoying their all expense paid trip to the Valley during the most beautiful time of the year , the only thing they seem to do is roll the cameras, and cant even upload a stream back to the TV station properly after having 24 hours of down time to set it up.

Im sure the local watering holes did well.

(end of rant )

I've noticed the press seems to be asking some pretty soft questions as well. Is this typical of journalists in that area, or is it possible they were given a list of "safe" topics, and ordered not to deviate from those questions by LE?

I also want to know where Abigail's father is. Generally, on this site, we'd have a lot more information about the family dynamic of the person who's missing by now. Usually between social media and MSM, we'd have at least SOMETHING to be able to sleuth. Right now, we've got absolutely nothing. Most of the time LE will at least publicly rule certain things out, even as they hold other things close to the vest. We've had none of that in this case. It gives the whole thing a very eerie feeling, and makes me think the worst.

I've noticed the press seems to be asking some pretty soft questions as well. Is this typical of journalists in that area, or is it possible they were given a list of "safe" topics, and ordered not to deviate from those questions by LE?

I also want to know where Abigail's father is. Generally, on this site, we'd have a lot more information about the family dynamic of the person who's missing by now. Usually between social media and MSM, we'd have at least SOMETHING to be able to sleuth. Right now, we've got absolutely nothing. Most of the time LE will at least publicly rule certain things out, even as they hold other things close to the vest. We've had none of that in this case. It gives the whole thing a very eerie feeling, and makes me think the worst.

Its not like the press is made up of a bunch of rubes from just the local area. There are stations from Boston and Portland , I really dont know if they are intimidated , or just enjoying the trip. As sick as this sounds one of the Boston anchors was tweeting about the beautiful foliage on her way up to Conway on Friday. Gross.

Anybody notice the lostnmissing poster shared upthread mentions the Mass state police are assisting? Makes me think they have a lead taking them to Mass.

Also, I know some have questioned if mom and dad were separated, from what I've seen I believe they are.

I really don't know if this would have any connection to this case but is she possibly related to Aaron Hernandez, the NFL football player in jail for murder? I believe he is from Mass.
Sorry, don't know how to link article. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member