GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only clue I saw there was when the girl said Abby seemed "sadder" at some point .

My apologies LH , I absolutely not intented to laugh at what you said but "myself" as giving an example of my own naughty teenage days.. I guess I couldn't express it well .. :blushing:

It is all good, MS. I was the teen of a parent's worst nightmares! LOL.

And I realize I'm on edge lately. Watching my teens and wondering how this happens? Why one and not another. It is all so nastily random. No clue how families hold up through this sort of thing. It is eating away at me and I've never even met Abby!

Maybe. But wouldn't that profile be visible to the FBI if it was accessed from her computer or phone?

if she has another profile and is safe then she has probably created one on the person she is with their computer so there is no way the FBI would know that unless they suspect it is Abby or if that person is a suspect. If she was doing this through her phone they would have been able to trace the information for sure but if she is using someone's phone or computer then no. Abby's friends that are on social media should be looking at new friend requests they receive because if Abby has created another profile it would be a fake profile so they should really look into who is requesting to be their friend, especially if the picture looks fake and they just signed up for facebook. Remember if it is a fake profile and she created it then it could be a boy profile as well as a girl profile and it could also be the person that Abby is with IMO. Frustrating is what this case is for sure!!

if she has another profile and is safe then she has probably created one on the person she is with their computer so there is no way the FBI would know that unless they suspect it is Abby or if that person is a suspect. If she was doing this through her phone they would have been able to trace the information for sure but if she is using someone's phone or computer then no. Abby's friends that are on social media should be looking at new friend requests they receive because if Abby has created another profile it would be a fake profile so they should really look into who is requesting to be their friend, especially if the picture looks fake and they just signed up for facebook. Remember if it is a fake profile and she created it then it could be a boy profile as well as a girl profile and it could also be the person that Abby is with IMO. Frustrating is what this case is for sure!!

Sorry I just realized I read your comment wrong. I am not sure if it would be visible. Facebook does have an activity report of people you search but if it is deleted it gets cleared. However, I feel nothing goes away on FB and they keep records but not sure how difficult it is to obtain these records? I know that there was a girl that was murdered in Maine last summer and someone created another profile with her name but just spelled differently and people contacted FB several times and they did not remove this fake profile, they even used her picture which was really hard for her family. I don't know to be honest if that profile is still up or not but it is difficult to get things done from facebook but the FBI would have lots of pull I would think.

http://http://adammclane.com/2013/08/22/why-you-should-delete-snapchat/

I have been reading a lot about snap chat!! I do think it is possible that Abby could have been communicating with others via snap chat resulting in LE, FBI, having no knowledge of the conversations she was having on snap chat if she had it of course because once the message is sent it is only visible for a few seconds before poof it's gone forever no way to retrieve it ever again!! The article above is great!!

All MOO!!

I've been reading up on snap chat and I can tell you my boys will not be allowed to have it!! I do not like it!! It looks as if LE has to have the device that snap chat is downloaded on to retrieve the deleted messages and as of may 2013 they were only able to recover snap chat messages from android devices but were working on apple devices!!! It's scary!!! The snap chat company can also use/sell the photos that you think are being deleted!! It's in the company's fine print that teenagers almost NEVER read!! I've read a couple stories about 14,15 and 16 year olds that has shared (sexting) photos to their boyfriends thinking they were gone forever and snap chat has sold their face/body to companies that solicit them!! It's awful!!

I've been reading up on snap chat and I can tell you my boys will not be allowed to have it!! I do not like it!! It looks as if LE has to have the device that snap chat is downloaded on to retrieve the deleted messages and as of may 2013 they were only able to recover snap chat messages from android devices but were working on apple devices!!! It's scary!!! The snap chat company can also use/sell the photos that you think are being deleted!! It's in the company's fine print that teenagers almost NEVER read!! I've read a couple stories about 14,15 and 16 year olds that has shared (sexting) photos to their boyfriends thinking they were gone forever and snap chat has sold their face/body to companies that solicit them!! It's awful!!

Wouldn't that be child *advertiser censored*...so how are companies using these images?

A shame how quiet this case has gone, media-wise, which drives the scarcity of posts here.

A shame how quiet this case has gone, media-wise, which drives the scarcity of posts here.

Clu, you are so right. I am baffled and saddened and pissed and clueless.

Day 89's post on FB/BAH is touching and I hope they are able to keep their FB active and relevant. BAH doesn't have the numbers the other page has but it certainly has more activity. I'm still here hoping, praying and keeping the faith that Abby will make it home.

ETA: And, the post seems to suggest, IMO, that AH is not out there freely at this point. FIND HER!!

I totally agree with your post. What really bothers me as well is with all this technology it is not helping our kids, it is putting every single one of them in danger to predators. I just recently heard about this snap chat thing and what I have heard I do not like, it is worse then facebook and facebook is pretty bad as well. But if she was talking to someone on a regular basis, then you know one of her friends must know who it was on snapchat? They should be really drilling her friends at this point for some information, I believe someone knows something and is not talking for whatever reason but it's time for someone to come forward don't you think? This case has dragged on way to long Abby needs to be home!!

Forgot to mention as far as things being deleted forever there must be a way for snapchat to retrieve data? With all the technology out there they just got to have a way to do that and I would think the FBI could get it if anybody IMO just saying...

Forgot to mention as far as things being deleted forever there must be a way for snapchat to retrieve data? With all the technology out there they just got to have a way to do that and I would think the FBI could get it if anybody IMO just saying...

Snapchat was recently hacked and millions of users' phone numbers and account names (not sure what this means for photos, but probably those too) were leaked, prompting some of my friends to close their accounts.

It's definitely not an infallible technology. I wouldn't say it's the best venue to CHAT with or meet people, per se, and would point more to acquaintance danger than online predator danger.

I'm so sad that Abby hasn't turned up yet.... But... I refuse to give up hope and I refuse to stop creating awareness...... I just rewatched the 20/20 episode about Jaycee Dugard...... It took 18 years, but she came home.... I have hope that Abby will be reunited with her family as well.....

"I'm devastated," Zenya Hernandez said Monday. "I was hopeful during the Christmas holidays that she might contact me again, but nothing has happened.

"I just want to hear her voice," said her mother, who received a letter from her daughter in early November, but law enforcement officials have asked her not to disclose its contents.

snip

The law enforcement efforts to find Abigail continue, he said.

"I don't want to comment on the size and scale of what we are doing, but the posture of this investigation has not changed. There are still very active efforts going on, between the Conway police, the state police, and the FBI."

"Sadly, she still hasn't been found," Ramsey said.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140107/NEWS07/140109550/0/SEARCH

One friend's letter on the website. Seems like an awfully small response from her peers. I have always wondered why there has been so little gossip coming out of the school. She vanishes and the kids just move on? No one at my daughter's school can get a pair of Uggs or a new phone without 100 kids commenting about it.

I think one day the parents are going to seriously regret keeping quiet and listening to LE. If people knew where to look they would find her. Zenya asks in her letter to be allowed to pick her up, does that mean she is less than a days drive from NC? If so where? Nashua, Manchester, Portland ME.? How about a clue to help the public help her?
If my kid was missing I would be all over social media and in the papers on a daily basis. Somebody must know something and this is no time for hiding behind the skirt of the AG or playing ghost in Texas.
<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member