GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From RH's letter to Abby dated November 3, 2013...

We don’t know if you ran away but if you did, it’s important for you to know Sweetheart that nobody is angry with you, and you are not and will not be in any trouble.

From RH's Christmas letter to Abby...

...Abby I am assuming that you did run away. And as I said in my first letter it is very important for you to you know that nobody is angry with you, and you are not in any trouble. Everybody is very worried about you and we all want you to come home.

Sweetheart, I have noticed that in all of the pleas that have gone out, from your mother and the authorities, something has not been mentioned or considered. And that is the possibility that you may not want to return to whatever it is that you ran away from. Sweetheart I don’t know if that’s the case. I’m just throwing things out there. I'm trying to explore other possibilities. Whatever the reason is we can work it out. No matter what it is.

And, now, from his Easter letter...

...Since a letter was received from you it became obvious that you ran away. And that raises the question what did you run away from? Only you can answer that but I am guessing that you ran away from your home life. And I can’t stop thinking that maybe what you need is an alternative home life to return to.

BBM

I see a steady progression in RH's letters about what he thinks happened to Abby. He started with "we don't know" then "I'm assuming" and lastly it's "obvious that you ran away." We don't know if, for the first letter, he had knowledge of Abby's letter to ZH (RH's letter was written a few days before it is understood ZH received Abby's letter). In the second letter, RH says he "heard" that ZH received a letter from her. And, in the third letter, RH states, as fact, that a letter was received from Abby.

Did he see the letter? Is that why he's so confident in his assertions? We were just discussing on 4/18 the possibilities of, if she did runaway, what she may be running from. It seems as if he was reading our posts!!

As I read through all of RH's letters, I still see a lot of assumptions on his part. How much truth is there between the lines? Let's hope this letter is exactly what Abby needs to hear to come home. I don't like any of the alternatives.

Just wondering with spring now here why hasn't there been another ground search. Seems this would be the perfect time to do one while the trees are still somewhat bare and haven't really blossomed yet. Just curious.

I hope the public will remember all of the facts and the pressers and what mom has said, along with the verified insiders here. Abby needs to be found. Nothing tells me she can simply pick up the phone or pack up a bag and return home…nothing :(

But nothing really says the opposite, either. Jmo

Just wondering with spring now here why hasn't there been another ground search. Seems this would be the perfect time to do one while the trees are still somewhat bare and haven't really blossomed yet. Just curious.

Ya but there'll still be like 2 feet of snow up on the hill dear.

BBM

I see a steady progression in RH's letters about what he thinks happened to Abby. He started with "we don't know" then "I'm assuming" and lastly it's "obvious that you ran away." We don't know if, for the first letter, he had knowledge of Abby's letter to ZH (RH's letter was written a few days before it is understood ZH received Abby's letter). In the second letter, RH says he "heard" that ZH received a letter from her. And, in the third letter, RH states, as fact, that a letter was received from Abby.

Did he see the letter? Is that why he's so confident in his assertions? We were just discussing on 4/18 the possibilities of, if she did runaway, what she may be running from. It seems as if he was reading our posts!!

As I read through all of RH's letters, I still see a lot of assumptions on his part. How much truth is there between the lines? Let's hope this letter is exactly what Abby needs to hear to come home. I don't like any of the alternatives.

I keep deleting stuff. Ahem

I just don't believe he has seen the letter.

IMO his letter(s) reflects the fact that he has been left in the dark. Even if it is 'written in a tone that Abby would' recognize I doubt it is something she would respond to. MOOOoooo....

However, he is family and so therefore a victim. I just want us to keep that in mind..... "at this juncture".

ahem.

http://www.necn.com/12/06/13/NEWS-C...acte/landing.html?blockID=859299&feedID=11106

Ruben Hernandez offers custody change to bring missing daughter back home
http://conwaydailysun.com/newsx/loc...ernandez-asks-for-custody-of-missing-daughter
Zenya was asked by the Sun what she thinks of Ruben's suggestion.
"Our goal remains the same as it was in the beginning, which is to bring Abby home safe," wrote Zenya.
On Monday, police Lt. Chris Perley said law enforcement considers Abby Hernandez to be a missing person.

That was certainly a non-answer from Zenya. After giving this some thought, doubt Ruben stirring the pot a little could really be that harmful. As Spider92 pointed out probably just an attempt out of frustration to get some kind of response from someone.

If many of the people involved, including Abby, weren't kids then this case would sorely need someone like James Renner with the Maura Murray case to come in like a bull in a china shop and really stir things up... :moo:

docwho3 said:
I suspect he was allowed to read the letter's contents to help determine if it was the way she might word things and to see if he spotted anything that might seem out of place. The basis for the theory supporting the litany of 'no evidence of runaway' is starting to look awful thin from here.
What we've read today is still consistent with the alternate theory: somebody coerced Abby into writing the letter or it was a fake meant to persuade the public that this is just another runaway.
That the letter was manipulated into being or was coerced in some way has always been a possibility. That possibility however does not preclude her having run away to be with this probably older person before becoming coerced or manipulated into letter writing.

(Edited to add: Also we don't yet have enough info to be certain that her letter was coerced or manipulated into being. The possibility still exists that is was genuine.)

At his point almost all possibilities are still open. I am merely unhappy to see what appears to be tunnel vision rearing its ugly head.

Ruben Hernandez offers custody change to bring missing daughter back home
http://conwaydailysun.com/newsx/loc...ernandez-asks-for-custody-of-missing-daughter

That was certainly a non-answer from Zenya. After giving this some thought, doubt Ruben stirring the pot a little could really be that harmful. As Spider92 pointed out probably just an attempt out of frustration to get some kind of response from someone.

If many of the people involved, including Abby, weren't kids then this case would sorely need someone like James Renner with the Maura Murray case to come in like a bull in a china shop and really stir things up... :moo:

Zenya was asked by the Sun what she thinks of Ruben's suggestion.
"Our goal remains the same as it was in the beginning, which is to bring Abby home safe," wrote Zenya.

I'm kind of glad ZH said it that way. Her succinct answer doesn't add any fuel to the fire (if there is one) and shows Abby (if she's out there) that her parents are united enough to have a common goal: to bring her home.

I think RH's letter definitely stirs the pot, though. We have no idea who he is, how involved he is in AH's life, whether or not ZH would really ever consider giving him full custody or if there is any reason (as RH intimates) that ZH should relinquish custody.

Will this bring Abby home? Will it at least begin a line of communication with her? Let's hope so, right? My goodness, I have no idea if he's right (that she really did runaway). And, equally, whether or not he was privy to the letter. But, clearly, he is stating she made a choice to run and is staying away by choice. If true, his scenario is A LOT better than those we have been postulating here.

C'mon, Abby, find your way home!

<modsnip> It was meant to say that I think people are jumping to illogical and unlikely conclusions about who has seen the letter and what things are evident or not evident in this case because it does not fit a pet theory and that could cause us to miss out on seeing the truth of the case.

Here is another way of saying it that I hopes works out better.

This is my (much changed) version of a story told to me long ago. I don't know the original author's name.
There was a student researcher who was asked the question 'What changes a frog's ability to jump?'

So the student researcher drew a line on the ground and placed a frog there and said 'jump' and the frog jumped
a distance of forty inches.
Having proved the frog could jump 40 inches he reasoned that to jump less far could only be due to its making a
choice to jump less far.

Next the student researcher duct taped one of the frog's legs to its side so the frog could only use 3 legs to
jump and again placed the frog on the line and said 'jump' and the frog jumped a distance of only 30 inches.
This puzzled the researcher but after thinking about it he wrote in his journal 'frog with 3 legs is a bit
lazy.'

Next the student researcher duct taped two of the frog's legs to its side so the frog could only use 2 legs to
jump and again placed the frog on the line and said 'jump' and the frog jumped a distance of only 20 inches.
This puzzled the researcher but after thinking about it he wrote in his journal 'frog with 2 legs is a bit more
lazy and a bit stubborn.'

Next the student researcher duct taped three of the frog's legs to its side so the frog could only use 1 leg to
jump and again placed the frog on the line and said 'jump' and the frog jumped a distance of only 10 inches.
This puzzled the researcher but after thinking about it he wrote in his journal 'frog with 1 leg is a bit more
lazy and a bit stubborn and rebellious too.'

Next the student researcher duct taped four of the frog's legs to its side so the frog had no legs to use to
jump and again placed the frog on the line and said 'jump' and the frog jumped a distance of only 0 inches.
This puzzled the researcher but after thinking about it he wrote in his journal 'frog with no legs chooses not
to hear.'

When the teacher looked over the students work he challenged those conclusions written in the journal but the
student said that with 3 legs the frog should have been able to jump just as far because he was sure of it.
and with 2 legs he again was certain the frog could have done better but chose not to.
And with 1 leg the same answer. . . but with no legs to use he was sure it meant the frog chose not
to hear because he was certain that frog could still have jumped the original distance of 40 inches as he had proven it could jump that far in the first jump test so to jump less far must be a choice!

My conclusion: Once you start believing in one main reason (such as the frog's performance was only tied to its
choice) and then you begin, from evidence, to reach conclusions that only fit that main reason which you have already made up you are then in danger of missing the truth of the matter.

Zenya is such a classy lady, every day my heart breaks a bit more for her. I can see the sorrow brimming from within and it would be completely understandable if she were to publicly let her emotions get the best of her and lash out. Instead she acts with such poise and keeps the focus on bringing Abby home.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Praying for Zenya always&#8230; I agree with you wholeheartedly, Mountaingazer. She's remained composed and respectful through all of this. She is a wonderful model for all in how to present yourself in times of crisis.

While I hate to say this, I have to believe that RH is being honest. AH must have run away and that must have been relayed to ZH in the letter. I think ZH is hoping she didn't run away, but it does appear that this is what happened. It doesn't make sense, but then it never does. I think the thing to do is to continue to look out for her and call if you see her because even though she ran away she's not in a position to take care of herself.

BBM

I wonder if there have been more letters, which the public haven't been made aware of?

Just wonderng if that might be a possibility because I don't think the receipt of the letter was meant to have been public knowledge. If it hadn't been for someone (mum I think?) mentioning it, I don't think we would have known about it. But when it was mentioned, LE stepped in to take over that discussion and didn't really make any of the content of the letter public. Seemed like damage control to me. So, if LE wanted to keep that one secret, surely they will have done the same, IF AH had mailed any more.

MOO.

It was stated recently by LE (where are the link masters here) that there has been no further communication.

Thing is, as you say the letter wasn't meant to be made public, this is part of the reason I do not think RH was nor likely is privy to the contents of it.

going to go get links.

If anyone reading here, who has not followed the case and would like to catch up, I would recommend reading the threads starting here;
NH NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If, then, you have some thoughts about the case you could continue here;
NH NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And then;
NH NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From there you can pretty much follow those who have sweated this whole thing out. At that point you can pretty much read their thoughts and contemplate their feelings.

SERIOUSLY.

While I hate to say this, I have to believe that RH is being honest. AH must have run away and that must have been relayed to ZH in the letter. I think ZH is hoping she didn't run away, but it does appear that this is what happened. It doesn't make sense, but then it never does. I think the thing to do is to continue to look out for her and call if you see her because even though she ran away she's not in a position to take care of herself.

But why would a mom hope her child did not run away? Every other option is so much worse.

But why would a mom hope her child did not run away? Every other option is so much worse.

I couldn't think of a way to express it properly and "hope" isn't the right word. I don't think ZH can face that AH would leave on her own, that she would want to be away from her family and specifically her mother. So it's easier for ZH to believe that AH is being held against her will rather than face the possibility that AH left on her own and is staying away on her own. Kind of like it would hurt my heart if one of my children ran away and it might be easier to think they were abducted rather than believe they don't want to be with me.

If anyone reading here, who has not followed the case and would like to catch up, I would recommend reading the threads starting here;
NH NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If, then, you have some thoughts about the case you could continue here;
NH NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And then;
NH NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From there you can pretty much follow those who have sweated this whole thing out. At that point you can pretty much read their thoughts and contemplate their feelings.

SERIOUSLY.

I know what you mean.

I couldn't think of a way to express it properly and "hope" isn't the right word. I don't think ZH can face that AH would leave on her own, that she would want to be away from her family and specifically her mother. So it's easier for ZH to believe that AH is being held against her will rather than face the possibility that AH left on her own and is staying away on her own. Kind of like it would hurt my heart if one of my children ran away and it might be easier to think they were abducted rather than believe they don't want to be with me.

But the idea of your child being in the hands of a pervert, presumably, would have to be worse than your pride, I would think...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503