GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder about the comment from IrishBoy about the last two people to like AH's FB photo change. One is married to a sex offender so you have to wonder. I am not saying this person had anything at all to do with her disappearing that day, but it is alarming. He works near the high school. I wonder if the police questioned this person? I will forever remain hopeful that she is alive and out there somewhere. Come home soon Abby.

I completely missed any reference to a FB poster married to a s/o. Did Irishboy pick that up himself or was that reported in MSM?

I completely missed any reference to a FB poster married to a s/o. Did Irishboy pick that up himself or was that reported in MSM?

All done through sleuthing, IIRC. Many posters brought pieces of this information to the thread. I can't remember which thread number, though.

ETA: Thread #4 - search RSO.

As for the 'safe for all else in the community" I have to say I've seen a few stories from NH and ME, mostly NH where they've made this statement. One I recall was a stabbing of a girl. At the time that was the only information yet along with it they said there was no threat to the community. Yes, there was still somebody on the loose who stabbed this female. Found a link, will look for the piece that VERY early on said there was no threat to community though it may have been via New England or NHSP alerts on FB: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/barnstead-woman-accused-of-stabbing-woman-in-allenstown/24136096

My point: I'm not convinced they had any specific reason to state it other than they didn't have evidence of foul play in Abby's case nor evidence of her getting into a car, therefore no 'threat to the community' ???

Did they specifically say "no threat to the community" or "no threat to the community has been identified"? Because that means two very different things. Also, in the absence of some serial abductor, they wouldn't be able to address any threat to the community. It was my opinion that they were essentially saying if AH were abducted, this person was fixated on her and no threat to others, and also that there didn't appear to be any connection to any other missing persons. There are a lot of instances where there isn't danger to the community, for instance when the two people were stabbed to death in their homes in Vermont they issued a statement that there was no danger to the community even though the two boys that had committed the crime were on the streets at that time.

Just wanted to add that I think we all sometimes read things into what's being said, I know I've been guilty of it as well, that fit our theory of what we feel happen. I've been going back through and re-reading again what LE said without any theory tied to it and what they say is really clear. They don't know what happened and nothing is off the table, however they several times indicated that their theory is that she's being held somewhere by someone who thinks they're helping her. If I were to theorize, I would guess that means she may have gone willingly but didn't know she wouldn't be allowed to go home. I'm trying to think of a scenario that would have someone thinking they are helping and won't let someone go and that doesn't sound like a love interest thing. So why would a teen reach out for help? For what? And why would someone think they're helping her? Helping her with what? I'm trying to think back to being 14 and what I may have needed help with at that age.

Just wanted to add that I think we all sometimes read things into what's being said, I know I've been guilty of it as well, that fit our theory of what we feel happen. I've been going back through and re-reading again what LE said without any theory tied to it and what they say is really clear. They don't know what happened and nothing is off the table, however they several times indicated that their theory is that she's being held somewhere by someone who thinks they're helping her. If I were to theorize, I would guess that means she may have gone willingly but didn't know she wouldn't be allowed to go home. I'm trying to think of a scenario that would have someone thinking they are helping and won't let someone go and that doesn't sound like a love interest thing. So why would a teen reach out for help? For what? And why would someone think they're helping her? Helping her with what? I'm trying to think back to being 14 and what I may have needed help with at that age.

This does seem to be the logical theory based on what LE has said (of course with the caveat that they know NOTHING for sure). Following that theory, the only reason I can come up with is that the perpetrator believed there was a severe psychological or physical threat against Abby. But, then, it would follow that the perpetrator knew her well enough for either Abby to have confided in him/her or have formed their own perceptions based on interactions. IMO.

When I was 14, there were pretty strong threats to my mind and body because of the situations I put myself in. My parents, who were otherwise great, seemed to have checked out when I was a teen and couldn't parent well because they were trying to survive themselves. Luckily, i was never abused just neglected. But this led me, and only me, to get "love" from the wrong people and dally in drugs. My point in sharing this is that if someone around me at that time "cared" to extract me, to protect me from myself, I may have listened to what they had to say. I would have considered them safe because they cared.

But, that was me. Only Abby's family and friends know if Abby may have needed "help" with something. And, I can't see them letting anyone other than LE know if it's possibly a factor in her disappearance.

Does anyone else have any ideas along this line of thinking?

This does seem to be the logical theory based on what LE has said (of course with the caveat that they know NOTHING for sure). Following that theory, the only reason I can come up with is that the perpetrator believed there was a severe psychological or physical threat against Abby. But, then, it would follow that the perpetrator knew her well enough for either Abby to have confided in him/her or have formed their own perceptions based on interactions. IMO.

When I was 14, there were pretty strong threats to my mind and body because of the situations I put myself in. My parents, who were otherwise great, seemed to have checked out when I was a teen and couldn't parent well because they were trying to survive themselves. Luckily, i was never abused just neglected. But this led me, and only me, to get "love" from the wrong people and dally in drugs. My point in sharing this is that if someone around me at that time "cared" to extract me, to protect me from myself, I may have listened to what they had to say. I would have considered them safe because they cared.

But, that was me. Only Abby's family and friends know if Abby may have needed "help" with something. And, I can't see them letting anyone other than LE know if it's possibly a factor in her disappearance.

Does anyone else have any ideas along this line of thinking?
I've always felt there was a great possibility that she was meeting somebody either unknown or she thought was safe whether for an hour for a short run of some sort and that she now is not allowed to leave...eg coerced, tricked, etc.

On the same lines I think she could have quickly hopped into a car with somebody she was familiar enough with she wasn't thinking about safety. Teens don't think much about it certainly not if they know the face or the person through somebody else or some commonality in their lives

Did they specifically say "no threat to the community" or "no threat to the community has been identified"? Because that means two very different things. Also, in the absence of some serial abductor, they wouldn't be able to address any threat to the community. It was my opinion that they were essentially saying if AH were abducted, this person was fixated on her and no threat to others, and also that there didn't appear to be any connection to any other missing persons. There are a lot of instances where there isn't danger to the community, for instance when the two people were stabbed to death in their homes in Vermont they issued a statement that there was no danger to the community even though the two boys that had committed the crime were on the streets at that time.

Well stated Mom :)

"We have nothing to indicate that there is any threat to the community from this case," said the FBI's Kieran Ramsey.
"

This is on top of previous comments that there is simply no evidence that she was abducted or that she ran away. No Evidence means exactly that.

"We don't have any information of any significant danger (to the community) whatsoever," said Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young.
"We've seen through so many cases in recent years, parents should really be vigilant," Young said.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131120/NEWS07/131129992/0/search

Ahhhhhh and now, just right now the old font is back. I feel like the skies opened and the sun is shining again! ** only inside threads, search of new posts is still in that skinny text.. skinny is for people who don't appreciate good foodLOL **

Did everyone seem to forget that at the very beginning police said there was an older guy she had meet??? Then nothing else about him.

Did everyone seem to forget that at the very beginning police said there was an older guy she had meet??? Then nothing else about him.

Funny you should bring this up. We were just talking about this a few days ago. I'm not sure if she ever met with the "older boy". It was reported that she had recently become "friends" with him on FB before she disappeared. See posts #196 and #197 in this thread for back up links.

Did this actually become something pertinent and LE hasn't chosen to make it public? Usually LE identifies anyone they think a young girl might be with. What if LE was never able to determine his identity (because it was a fake, untraceable profile) and that's why her case took on such an urgency? That would be wild! My assumption is that this "boy" has no bearing on her case and that's why it hasn't been reported on or discussed further. But, I could be way wrong.

Anybody see the case of Ashlynn Hernandez? She's 15 and missing from Waltham, MA. Her pictures remind me of Abby. Same age, similar name, similar look. The big difference - virtually zero media coverage for Ashlynn. Missing since Thursday night.

Yes I saw it last night. Only via Waltham Patch. Shared it. Thought people would notice immediately, but no

Anybody see the case of Ashlynn Hernandez? She's 15 and missing from Waltham, MA. Her pictures remind me of Abby. Same age, similar name, similar look. The big difference - virtually zero media coverage for Ashlynn. Missing since Thursday night.

Waltham MA - North Conway NH, approx 143 miles

It may be coincidence and this girl may be a chronic runaway. Even on the FB page for Waltham only 2 people liked the post though it does look like many more shared it at least. Nothing, there is nothing on her. I don't believe the young lady even has an fb page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025