GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just running some errands and, as I walked out of my local Walmart (central New Jersey), I looked at the NCMEC posters. There was Abby smiling. Apparently it was just put up at the beginning of April.

Where are you Abby? Find your way home soon.

They should be up in most, if not all, Walmarts now :)

I think about Abby every day. Her sweet face is imprinted on my brain. I hope wherever she is she knows that there are a TON of people just waiting to see her come home.

I'm so sad that she is not at home with her mom and her sister and her fur babies. This case breaks my heart. This young lady had everything going for her and then **poof**.

Abby you are in my prayers everyday. :heartbeat:

Thank you <3 Abby is an AMAZING kid! She certainly has captivated the hearts of thousands. We are very appreciative of everyones support, help, prayers and words of encouragement! ~Amanda

6 months...where are you Abby? I can't believe it's been 6 months, on one hand it seems like yesterday and on another it feels like forever. Abby, I don't even live in the same country as you, but you have made a lasting impression on me. You have to be found, you need to be home, we will never give up on you, ever!

:rose: Stay strong Abby, and ZH, SH, AS, PK and everyone else, never give up. #Bringabbyhome

Thank you! We absolutely will NEVER give up. We will continue searching for as long as it takes, until we have Abby home. She deserves to be home, with the people who love her. ~Amanda

Is this a new development? Up until now LE was silent on that point so if you could provide a link I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA!!

The article linked below states that the letter was subjected to handwriting analysis, and determined to be from Abigail. If the letter had been typed, it would not have been.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131206/NEWS03/131209529

I thought, too, that there was no definitive conclusion that the letter was actually written by Abby. But, in Montjoy's link from December 6th, KR says this:

"As best as we can determine, it came from her," Ramsey said.

The article linked below states that the letter was subjected to handwriting analysis, and determined to be from Abigail. If the letter had been typed, it would not have been.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131206/NEWS03/131209529

I thought, too, that there was no definitive conclusion that the letter was actually written by Abby. But, in Montjoy's link from December 6th, KR says this:

"As best as we can determine, it came from her," Ramsey said.

Yes, but I was asking in reference to a post upthread (178) where the poster said "I think I read that it was thought to be her actual handwriting " So my question was in reference to "her actual handwriting".

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NH NH - Abigail Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

Thank you to those who looked up the links about the letter and the handwriting tests and such that were done before releasing the news of the letter's existence to the public. I actually do not remember which article it was that I read but the linked ones you all have provided work well.

I also found one web address with these quotes:
bolded stuff Bolded by me:
'. ..Authorities have not detailed the letter's origin or content, but said "the tone" of the letter is consistent with Abigail's writing . . .'
http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131208/NEWS07/131209449/0/news0401

What that tells me: So the tone of the letter matches what Abby would say.

'. . . Investigators did not initially disclose the letter because they first needed to run tests on it - including DNA, handwriting and fingerprint analysis - to confirm its authenticity . . .'

What that tells me: Sounds as if the letter passed the test to be verified as being written by her. The fact that handwriting tests were done implies that there was actual handwriting to be tested. (Don't know if that was in the letter or in the address of the letter's envelope.)

'. . .Noting that Abigail has no independent financial means, FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey said Friday "our worst fear right now is that, though she could have left willingly, someone may now be coercing her or someone may be manipulating her.". . .'

What that tells me: This pretty much describes my 'combo' runaway scenario. Sounds as if I am not the only one who considers this to be a possibility (although not the only possibility at this point.)

Note: Green lettered words are my 'take' on what the quoted bit of news report tells me.

The 'actual handwriting' phrase I used was never meant to be an exact quote but was my take on what the news reports said as I think I have just explained from the above linked articles.

If it is important for someone to think it was not her handwriting and/or needs to believe that the letter was never verified to be from her before the info was released to the public then anyone is free to have their own opinion about what was said in the news reports.

One interesting thing that I note: '. . . Authorities also said they have accounted for the delay in the letter being postmarked and Abigail's mother receiving it, but would not disclose the reason . . .'

I wonder about that bit.

A young girl from Buxton, Maine was found in Mass over the weekend and it appears she ended up in jail. Not a lot of details released but pretty sure she got there with someone much older imo. I am hoping someday to come into this forum and see that Abigail has been found and returned home. As far as her running away Doc who knows at this point, we have all been left in the dark on this case for sure. If we knew the contents of the letter we might be able to form the right opinion on whether or not she was abducted or has runaway but that is not going to happen. They have kept so quiet about this case that it really does raise a lot of questions in people's minds. I personally don't feel she ran away but I just don't know anymore it is hard to say. What is even harder is the fact that she has not been found or no sightings that we are aware of. I would just like to know if there have been any kind of calls on sightings of Abby and where? I don't think that is too much to ask from the LE and for the people who truly care about this young girl. We all want her to be safe and to return home.

Although certainly not good, running away would be about the most favorable option, as far as what is available, and best chances for her to return home one day...but jmo.

. . .As far as her running away Doc who knows at this point, we have all been left in the dark on this case for sure. If we knew the contents of the letter we might be able to form the right opinion on whether or not she was abducted or has runaway but that is not going to happen. They have kept so quiet about this case that it really does raise a lot of questions in people's minds. I personally don't feel she ran away but I just don't know anymore it is hard to say. What is even harder is the fact that she has not been found or no sightings that we are aware of. I would just like to know if there have been any kind of calls on sightings of Abby and where? I don't think that is too much to ask from the LE and for the people who truly care about this young girl. We all want her to be safe and to return home.
I very much agree that we are working in the dark on this one. It is hard to know what to make of the tiny amount of info that we have. So far almost any scenario is a possibility.
I lean towards one particular scenario but so far I can not rule out other possibilities. It isn't about any one person of us being right or wrong. It is about Abby being found and hopefully found safe.

Thank you to those who looked up the links about the letter and the handwriting tests and such that were done before releasing the news of the letter's existence to the public. I actually do not remember which article it was that I read but the linked ones you all have provided work well.

I also found one web address with these quotes:
bolded stuff Bolded by me:
'. ..Authorities have not detailed the letter's origin or content, but said "the tone" of the letter is consistent with Abigail's writing . . .'

What that tells me: So the tone of the letter matches what Abby would say.

'. . . Investigators did not initially disclose the letter because they first needed to run tests on it - including DNA, handwriting and fingerprint analysis - to confirm its authenticity . . .'

What that tells me: Sounds as if the letter passed the test to be verified as being written by her. The fact that handwriting tests were done implies that there was actual handwriting to be tested. (Don't know if that was in the letter or in the address of the letter's envelope.)

'. . .Noting that Abigail has no independent financial means, FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey said Friday "our worst fear right now is that, though she could have left willingly, someone may now be coercing her or someone may be manipulating her.". . .'

What that tells me: This pretty much describes my 'combo' runaway scenario. Sounds as if I am not the only one who considers this to be a possibility (although not the only possibility at this point.)

Note: Green lettered words are my 'take' on what the quoted bit of news report tells me.

The 'actual handwriting' phrase I used was never meant to be an exact quote but was my take on what the news reports said as I think I have just explained from the above linked articles.

If it is important for someone to think it was not her handwriting and/or needs to believe that the letter was never verified to be from her before the info was released to the public then anyone is free to have their own opinion about what was said in the news reports.

One interesting thing that I note: '. . . Authorities also said they have accounted for the delay in the letter being postmarked and Abigail's mother receiving it, but would not disclose the reason . . .'

I wonder about that bit.

RBBM:
~ The postmark ; In another interview, "Young did not say why there was a delay in delivery of the letter to Zenya Hernandez. She said in a later interview that there was an ordinary explanation for it and that the reason &#8220;was not alarming to us.&#8221; {possibly as simple as postage due.}
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...itical-lead/a3li6ObD8YPZmywkj3qSYM/story.html

~ The handwriting; I understand. I had hoped that LE finally addressed that, but what we have is only the same presumptions made by reporters and individuals. More telling, In My Opinion, is what LE has actually said regarding handwritten vs Typed... "nothing'.
"Handwriting analysis" is never discussed by either Kieran Ramsey or Jane Young. In fact the subject is only addressed as taking "every possible step to verify it's authenticity", etc., skipping over specifics as to be as vague as possible re details as that could impede their investigation according to KR and JY in the only actual public discussion LE has made about the letter, ie; the Press Conference of Dec 6.
http://www.necn.com/12/06/13/NEWS-C...acte/landing.html?blockID=859299&feedID=11106

(emphasis by me)
Jane Young: "the letter is purported to be written by Abby to her mother."

"The reason we are announcing today that we have it is because Law Enforcement had to take every possible step to verify it's authenticity and at this juncture we believe that it was, in fact, written by Abby and it was sent to her mother."

"we are concerned that that letter may generate other letters from somebody other than Abby that will send us down trails that we don't want to go."

"I can describe the tone as a tone that, once reviewed, is a tone that Abby would have used."

" Our hope is that we see another letter and we'll be able to tell if it's
written by her
or unfortunately if it's written by somebody who's just trying to throw the police off the investigation."

In an in-person interview with Maria Stephanos of FOx25 The mother, Zenya,
was hesitant or unwilling to answer if it was handwritten.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24197154/zanya-hernandez-abby-will-come-home#ixzz2nD3mXo5T

Zenya: "Among the letters, is the letter and I was like OK and opened..
Stephanos: "Did you recognize the handwriting right away?"
Zenya: "Ummm, (pause) That's a tough question, Umm..."
Stephanos: "If you can't answer it that's fine."
Zenya: "Um so I opened the letter and look and I was like I couldn't believe it..."

Yes handwriting analysis can be assumed to be included in general in utilizing every possible tool, as is chemical, paper manufacture, vendors, lot numbers, water marks, DNA, etc. But these specifics have not been discussed by LE that I am aware of - only by reporters.

I would encourage anyone interested to listen and watch that PC very carefully as JY and KR are extremely careful as to how they address and word things. CNN has more at the beginning and Fox has more at the end. So make of it what you will.
http://www.necn.com/12/06/13/NEWS-C...acte/landing.html?blockID=859299&feedID=11106

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?clipId=9607183&topVideoCatNo=238258&autoStart=true

I hope my response is not coming across as argumentative because that is not my intent at all.

:seeya:

A young girl from Buxton, Maine was found in Mass over the weekend and it appears she ended up in jail. Not a lot of details released but pretty sure she got there with someone much older imo. I am hoping someday to come into this forum and see that Abigail has been found and returned home. As far as her running away Doc who knows at this point, we have all been left in the dark on this case for sure. If we knew the contents of the letter we might be able to form the right opinion on whether or not she was abducted or has runaway but that is not going to happen. They have kept so quiet about this case that it really does raise a lot of questions in people's minds. I personally don't feel she ran away but I just don't know anymore it is hard to say. What is even harder is the fact that she has not been found or no sightings that we are aware of. I would just like to know if there have been any kind of calls on sightings of Abby and where? I don't think that is too much to ask from the LE and for the people who truly care about this young girl. We all want her to be safe and to return home.

BBM;
You are very sensitive and your frustration is shared by everyone. I feel frustrated, and very sad, like so many. I have seen the frustration of not knowing things even with the people close to the investigation.
So I ask myself about what you have just said; If I knew the contents of the letter, if I knew the location of the postmark, or whether it was typed or written, etc, I might be able to form the right opinion on whether or not she was abducted or has run away, but I am not sure that knowing it would change anything. What would I do differently? I would still be looking, sharing, praying, feeling fearful for her safety, sad for those who miss her - I don't think my knowing would get her home faster.
LE knows ALL those details and are evidently as stumped as you and me.

Prayers for Abby
:please:

BBM;
You are very sensitive and your frustration is shared by everyone. I feel frustrated, and very sad, like so many. I have seen the frustration of not knowing things even with the people close to the investigation.
So I ask myself about what you have just said; If I knew the contents of the letter, if I knew the location of the postmark, or whether it was typed or written, etc, I might be able to form the right opinion on whether or not she was abducted or has run away, but I am not sure that knowing it would change anything. What would I do differently? I would still be looking, sharing, praying, feeling fearful for her safety, sad for those who miss her - I don't think my knowing would get her home faster.
LE knows ALL those details and are evidently as stumped as you and me.

Prayers for Abby
:please:

I believe it is very important if she did runaway it would give a lot more hope. We do not need to know the entire contents of the letter but it would be nice for us to know if Abby expressed if she was safe or not? Also if she did runaway with someone it might trigger something with one of her friends, they might know who she might have left with imo. Regardless if she ran away or not she needs to be home but this case has been very quiet and just hope they are doing everything in their power to get this girl home. I see nothing wrong with letting the public know if they have received any calls indicating if she has been seen anywhere. Right now with what they have released to the public it like she has completely vanished with no sightings. And yes this is a very frustrating case for sure. I'm a parent of 2 grown kids and I don't think I would be strong enough to handle this, I don't know what I would do. I do know even though my kids are grown you never stop worrying about them. I pray for Abby's mom everyday and pray that one day I will come into this forum and she will be found and return home safely.

If it is raining where you are, Abby, like it is here, I hope you are dancing in it!

Cases such as this linked article makes you wonder what goes on in their minds:

(Note: Both quotes are from the same linked article.)
'. . . Fugitive Mark Edwards and Michaela Bruce, the teenager who fled with him for the second time since September, have been captured tonight in the 1100 block of East John Street, the Springfield Police Division said.Edwards, 44, and Bruce, 14, have been sought by authorities since Tuesday night. . .'

'. . . .Deputies said a letter Bruce wrote to her mother in September detailed her love for Edwards and how she couldn't live without him. Authorities said Bruce and Edwards may view themselves as star-crossed lovers. . .'
http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/manhunt-continues-abduction-suspect-girl/nd2L2/

At least the ones in the linked case were found and the young lady in that case is safe. We can only hope for as nice an ending to Abby's case.

Note: Not saying this is for sure what happened in Abby's case but just noting it is a possibility that something similar could have happened. We just do not know what happened at this point.

Cases such as this linked article makes you wonder what goes on in their minds:

(Note: Both quotes are from the same linked article.)
'. . . Fugitive Mark Edwards and Michaela Bruce, the teenager who fled with him for the second time since September, have been captured tonight in the 1100 block of East John Street, the Springfield Police Division said.Edwards, 44, and Bruce, 14, have been sought by authorities since Tuesday night. . .'

'. . . .Deputies said a letter Bruce wrote to her mother in September detailed her love for Edwards and how she couldn't live without him. Authorities said Bruce and Edwards may view themselves as star-crossed lovers. . .'
http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/manhunt-continues-abduction-suspect-girl/nd2L2/

At least the ones in the linked case were found and the young lady in that case is safe. We can only hope for as nice an ending to Abby's case.

Note: Not saying this is for sure what happened in Abby's case but just noting it is a possibility that something similar could have happened. We just do not know what happened at this point.

The thing that always hangs me up about applying a scenario like this to Abby's disappearance is that there is no evidence that she was in love with someone other than JCJr or had any romantic Internet relationship. In most cases, within a very short time, LE names the man they think the teen ran away with or indicate that the teen may have met someone online.

Early on there was mention of Abby recently becoming "friends" with an older boy/man on FB (I think it was). Let me see if I can find any reference to it now. If I remember correctly, nothing publicly panned out.

ETA: First mention about the older boy is in Thread #1 post #496. Here's the original MSM link...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-te.../showthread.php?p=9899747&highlight=Older+boy

The thing that always hangs me up about applying a scenario like this to Abby's disappearance is that there is no evidence that she was in love with someone other than JCJr or had any romantic Internet relationship. In most cases, within a very short time, LE names the man they think the teen ran away with or indicate that the teen may have met someone online.

Early on there was mention of Abby recently becoming "friends" with an older boy/man on FB (I think it was). Let me see if I can find any reference to it now. If I remember correctly, nothing publicly panned out.

Only ABC reported it and then all was silent on that issue. None of the News services who have reported on Abby's case consistently have ever reported it. My feeling was "misinformation"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-teens-phone-call-tracked-ski-resort/story?id=20568060

"Law enforcement sources told ABC News that Hernandez had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend."

IMO whenever I see a reporter refer to "Law enforcement sources " I read that as "retired janitor". :floorlaugh:

I was just reading the Bashia Bashret thread and thinking: wouldn't it be nice if Abby was found now too? LE tracked BB down through social media. Perhaps this is how Abby will be found too.

We need more good endings on the WS cases ~ and I sure hope Abby is one of them. Abby, IF you just needed time away and someone is helping you ~ please let your Mom know you are okay. And if someone is stopping you from coming home, "stay strong" and keep trying.

To Stele ~ I wondered about that. Interesting how one news site can report something and it spreads. LOL at retired janitor!!!!!!

corrected: BAHIA is the first name of the other girl. Sorry about that!

HAHA Retired Janitor, Yup, probably sums it up :D

I need to go read about Bashia Bashret now.

Maybe our spring in New England is holding off on arriving until Abby gets home&#8230;

The thing that always hangs me up about applying a scenario like this to Abby's disappearance is that there is no evidence that she was in love with someone other than JCJr or had any romantic Internet relationship. In most cases, within a very short time, LE names the man they think the teen ran away with or indicate that the teen may have met someone online. . . .

I am only saying it is a possibility that something like this happened.
She is the same age and a letter was received which LE seems to believe was from her just as in the other case. Only we do not know what was in Abby's letter so no way to know if the cases are all that similar or not and thus I posed the linked case in my previous post as a possibility and not a probability. I sort of lean towards some form of runaway or runaway combo case but there is not enough evidence of any scenario yet to know much of anything. But I have been reading many cases of 14 yrs old young ladies running off with much older men lately so it makes me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member