GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I questioned the 2 page thing right from the beginning. I think personally it just made it more difficult to have 2 separate pages going at the same time and didn't real serve a purpose it was more confusing. I am glad that there is only one page now and that way all of the information and tracking this information will be easier for LE and the family.

I wonder if it was a good idea to delete the MHFAH page which had around 12,000+ people reading it on the day that the reward was increased to $60,000? I believe that both pages would do anything to figure out what happened that day, where AH could be, and it might have been a good idea to let the other page remain on FB and see what kind of comments were posted for at least a week or two then that page should have asked everyone to switch over to the other page and just quit posting. It makes more sense to have one page with the same website name. MHFAH was the first FB group to search for AH and a lot of people posted possible sightings of AH there. I don't remember who those original people were now and all of those early comments are no longer available. I wonder if the FBI contacted them?

Its been 8 months. I feel so bad for ZH. Keep sharing everyone. There is always hope.

I took a break from WS but I can't believe she is still missing. At what point do LE admit they need help and put all their cards on the table?

8 months, we have not forgotten about you Abby!! Still hoping every single day to hear something, anything. Hoping this will be the day you are brought home!

Where are you Abby?

Always disconcerting, could be completely unrelated. Still, only 50 miles from Conway, NH.

Possible attempted abduction in Gorham, ME

http://www.berlindailysun.com/index...ion-in-gorham&catid=103:local-news&Itemid=442

I believe this was Gorham, NH The article I saw was from NH: http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20140608/AGGREGATION/140609137

Unfortunately, many of these turn out to be false lately… no idea why it is something that is faked so often, doesn't help AnyBody!

Edited to add: Gorham NH is about 20 miles closer to NC than Gorham ME…. likely unrelated, but yup, anytime there's something in the news about even a possible attempt it is concerning.

I believe this was Gorham, NH The article I saw was from NH: http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20140608/AGGREGATION/140609137

Unfortunately, many of these turn out to be false lately… no idea why it is something that is faked so often, doesn't help AnyBody!

Edited to add: Gorham NH is about 20 miles closer to NC than Gorham ME…. likely unrelated, but yup, anytime there's something in the news about even a possible attempt it is concerning.

The Berlin Daily Sun covers the Gorham NH area..it is only about 5 miles from Gorham. Much of the Berlin Daily Sun's readership is in Gorham NH. If it were Gorham Maine, I am absolutely positive it would specify otherwise, and I kind of doubt they would cover Gorham Maine news.

I grew up in Gorham NH. It's only about 20-25 miles from North Conway. (My parents still live there and they subscribe to this paper) The article mentions that the attempted abduction occurred on Main St. Both schools in town are on Main St. (I lived on Main st in my childhood.)

Interesting. The Main st is the busiest street in town. Most of the street is a junction of both Route 2 and Route 16 and it gets a lot of traffic, and its also part of the Appalachian Mountain trail. (Yep, right through town). I think its strange an attempted abduction would happen on this street, just an hour or so after school gets out.

A friend in the USA told me of this story, and I followed it somewhat, and kept checking in to see updates. Now, like most people, I find it so strange nothing new has happened. So sad for the family, I cannot imagine what these folks are going through. As a parent though, I cringe at the thought of it happening here.
Anyway, I have read from a variety of sources on the internet some information regarding the case, and apologize if the questions posed are repeats, or if the info is not accurate. But a few things came to mind and I noted them. Perhaps others can help clarify things for me.
* why was the letter she sent mailed to a post office box in another town, and not to her actual home? That seemed strange to me, and I wondered why there is even a post box in another town if you get mail delivered to the house in the first place.
* I saw pictures of her necklace and purse, but none of her backpack. It looks like she is carrying one in the school camera picture. I just found it strange no description or pictures of that were issued.
* Also curious about what was in the backpack. Did she leave all her school books in her locker at school, not intending to return? Or did she bring some home for homework, thinking she would be back the next day?
* It says sometimes she walked home, sometimes she took the bus. However, upon arriving home, what was the usual routine? Her mom is a nurse (I thought I read that), and was not home. So, was Abigail to call her? Did her mom call her? Or was she just expected to be there when he mom's shift ended?
* I read that her mom got home and immediately called the police. That she didn't call friends to see if she was there. If true, were there signs of foul play? Any indicators of her leaving? Or not even arriving home?
* Regarding the letter she sent. Wow, like a lot of people that is the part that really causes one to scratch their heads in deep thought. Why did she write it? To explain her actions in leaving (if done willingly)? Did she write it under duress? If you were the perpetrator of this crime (assuming a kidnapping) would you risk this? Why draw attention to the case at all? You would know in advance it would only intensify the search, and give people renewed energy, so why risk it? Or was the letter used to taunt the police? If so, why nothing further? If a cry for help, how the heck could she have managed that? "Allowing" her to write a letter under duress to me, would be only to increase the chances of being caught.
* I saw a FB image of her homepage which she changed shortly before she disappeared. It was of a butterfly fluttering and flying away....is that symbolic?
* I read she had used her cell phone the afternoon of her disappearance to text with friends, and that a few hours later it "pinged" a nearby cell tower. I'm not exactly sure what that means. Was she trying to use it? Or do these phones just keep sending signals all the time and we are not aware of it as we carry them around?
* when flight 370 disappeared it was big news when they checked the pilots home computers etc. Was this done for Abby? Was anything found? Likewise was anything found in cell phone records?
* I also read that she was in touch with an older male shortly before disappearing. What happened with that bit of info.?

Sorry for asking what are probably repeated questions, but I've been turning this over and over in my mind. I cannot imagine the anguish her mom is going through and can only echo what I've read here, come home Abby.

A friend in the USA told me of this story, and I followed it somewhat, and kept checking in to see updates. Now, like most people, I find it so strange nothing new...

RSBM

:welcome: newguy!

All of your questions are what all of us have been asking from the beginning...with no answers as of yet. I was so happy to read your post and see that others are still thoroughly questioning everything about this case.

** Abby's shoulder bag...yes, why hasn't there been more focus on the bag? Instead we are told about the purse INSIDE the bag. Where did her books go? Where is the outer bag? Nothing has been released regarding this topic.

** As I understand it, ZH came home and Abby wasn't there though ZH expected her to be there. ZH drove around looking for AH and went to the school. There she ran into a police officer and things progressed rapidly from there. I don't know if she ever called any of AH's friends first.

** The letter...great questions, IMO. Who in the heck knows?!?!

** As for the phone's ping, I believe it was not a communication FROM Abby but a communication from the phone itself ("Hey, tower, I'm over here!").

** If I remember correctly, LE did collect her computer but nothing has been released regarding its contents.

** The information about Abby "friending" an older boy on FB never panned out in the media.

RSBM

:welcome: newguy!

All of your questions are what all of us have been asking from the beginning...with no answers as of yet. I was so happy to read your post and see that others are still thoroughly questioning everything about this case.

** Abby's shoulder bag...yes, why hasn't there been more focus on the bag? Instead we are told about the purse INSIDE the bag. Where did her books go? Where is the outer bag? Nothing has been released regarding this topic.

** As I understand it, ZH came home and Abby wasn't there though ZH expected her to be there. ZH drove around looking for AH and went to the school. There she ran into a police officer and things progressed rapidly from there. I don't know if she ever called any of AH's friends first.

** The letter...great questions, IMO. Who in the heck knows?!?!

** As for the phone's ping, I believe it was not a communication FROM Abby but a communication from the phone itself ("Hey, tower, I'm over here!").

** If I remember correctly, LE did collect her computer but nothing has been released regarding its contents.

** The information about Abby "friending" an older boy on FB never panned out in the media.

This case still remains open, no leads it seems or if there are leads we don't know about them and with the reward being offered it really makes me wonder? I think this case needs a fresh set of eyes from LE and FBI. It wouldn't hurt at this point if you ask me.

Thanks for the replies. Yes the backpack is of interest because if she took her school books it would appear she intended to come back. If no books went with her, then it would appear as though no return was intended. Same with her reported appearances on the highway. I heard she was walking away from town or toward a shopping mall. Either way, wouldn't she want to shop with friends? Or, was she planning to meet someone? Again more questions than answers.
The mailing address made me wonder too. If mail arrived at the house and yet she sent it to the postal box, what would be the purpose of that?
But all those questions aside, the renewed hope the letter brought and then the silence must make the situation even worse for the family.

Thanks for the replies. Yes the backpack is of interest because if she took her school books it would appear she intended to come back. If no books went with her, then it would appear as though no return was intended. Same with her reported appearances on the highway. I heard she was walking away from town or toward a shopping mall. Either way, wouldn't she want to shop with friends? Or, was she planning to meet someone? Again more questions than answers.
The mailing address made me wonder too. If mail arrived at the house and yet she sent it to the postal box, what would be the purpose of that?
But all those questions aside, the renewed hope the letter brought and then the silence must make the situation even worse for the family.

FYI - Reports have said that Abby was last seen carrying a shoulder bag not a backpack. I agree that the presence or absence of the books would tell LE a lot. My guess is that they know.

Also, the last confirmed sighting of Abby was as she entered the Power Line Trail off of Eagle's Way. There is no information in MSM to suggest Abby was "walking away from town or toward a shopping mall" other than the shopping mall is between the school and her home. The reported sightings of Abby on N/S Road have not been confirmed. For all we know, she may never have made it off of the PLT.

So, so many questions unanswered. LE must know more that what's been reported in MSM but, clearly, not enough to bring Abby home. What in the world happened to her?!

I guess it is a fine line between giving out all info and withholding so the investigation can proceed unimpeded. But after so long, from the outside looking in, I'd think a change of approach might help. I hate to second guess those who know far more than me though.
All other unknowns pale by comparison to the letter.

I guess it is a fine line between giving out all info and withholding so the investigation can proceed unimpeded. But after so long, from the outside looking in, I'd think a change of approach might help. I hate to second guess those who know far more than me though.
All other unknowns pale by comparison to the letter.

BBM

I completely agree, newguy. I wonder if Abby's case is still active with LE? Have they tried to turn the evidence they do have around and around to see it in different ways? They certainly haven't given the public anything to go on.

I'm curious what you think might help. Do you think LE has the answers to most of the questions you posed in your first post? I think they do but that, still, there are big gaps in what they know. Hence, Abby is still missing.

The letter is the biggest enigma, for sure. Well, apart from her just vanishing into thin air. Just thinking about it and it's potential meaning makes my head go wonky. What's your take on the letter?

Glad to have you join the thread! Everything needs to be second guessed, IMO, until Abby makes it home.

If you take the letter out of the equation it changes everything. I have wondered why verification of it took so long prior to the public announcement. My own guess is that they acted upon information it may have given or suggested, and when that didn't work, made the announcement, hoping to trigger something from the public.
What did the letter say? I have only speculation there. However, based on how her mom reacted, it was at least in part, an explanation of her leaving. Whether the reasons were real or imagined doesn't matter if Abigail thought they were real. So if it was written freely to explain away her leaving, then it also means turning her back on her life, severing connections etc. But to go where? And to be whom? She could not turn her back on her life and still be AH. That name, that person, has to be totally left behind. And to make a new life, she would need someone helping her. I cannot see her doing that willingly.
So, I think the letter was used for another purpose. Possibly if it was made to appear she ran away then perhaps the thinking was people would not work so hard to assist? Perhaps the thinking was law enforcement would scale back the search if it was a runaway situation as opposed to a kidnapping? Following that thought through, the postmark could have been done on purpose to steer searchers away from the real location. It could very well have been written on October 10 but dated to appear to be written later on. Since the letter seemed to energize people, the desired effects may have backfired on the perp. That may explain why nothing further has surfaced.
My own guess is that she was walking home, was tricked or forced into her abduction, and the letter was used to try to make it look like a runaway with the intention of hoping people would then shrug their shoulders and dismiss it all as a spoiled brat kid wanting attention etc etc.
Based on her mom's reaction and the statements of the police I do believe they believe or at least believed, she was being held relatively close to her home. That was my impression anyway.
One thing that has struck me is a video her mom did in the winter where she was driving around her town. It said there would be more of them, all with the goal of hoping Abby would see them and want to come home. I have not seen any since (it could be since I'm not in the USA and it doesn't make our news). However, if there are no further videos, I hope Abby does not feel let down.

Sorry if this is just a random collection of thoughts, rather than straight forward answers. I'm sure LE knows more than they say and withhold it for reasons we cannot fathom.

Parts respectfully snipped.

I have wondered why verification of it took so long prior to the public announcement.

Unlike on TV like 'CSI' or 'Bones', forensic analysis on every aspect of the letter is a painstakingly slow process. DNA, fingerprints, trace material, word & sentence structure, etc... It's unclear if it was hand written or not. That would have been an additional analysis.

And to be whom? She could not turn her back on her life and still be AH. That name, that person, has to be totally left behind. And to make a new life, she would need someone helping her. I cannot see her doing that willingly.

It's very very hard these days, as an adult ,especially in the post 9/11 era to start a completely new life under the radar of authorities and have some sort of quality of life. Abby is still a child and has been entered in the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), DNA in CODIS, fingerprints in IAFIS and so on.

My own guess is that she was walking home, was tricked or forced into her abduction, and the letter was used to try to make it look like a runaway with the intention of hoping people would then shrug their shoulders and dismiss it all as a spoiled brat kid wanting attention etc etc.

This scenario does exclude certain extreme type of people:
* Perps using letters are extremely rare. When psychopaths/narcissists like BTK or Zodiak communicate it's all about them, never about the victim(s), like it seems in Abby's case.
* Sub-human scum like I'm reading about over at the Holly Bobo thread would never bother to send any letters.

IMO, this does lean towards the possibility that it involves someone with a misguided notion that they were doing this in her best interests.

Or a Elizabeth Smart -kind of a situation who was also 14 at the time. Elizabeth Smart kidnapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Part of the analysis time I wondered was spent finding other fingerprints and checking them on however many data bases there are. But yes, it is not a fast process done in 60 minutes to wrap up a show or before the next commercial.
My largest problem here is 1. ignorance and 2. whoever speaks last always makes a convincing argument. My own ideas ebb and flow with what I just read.
I did read that Elizabeth Smart was led to believe as her story faded from the news that this meant no one cared.

Part of the analysis time I wondered was spent finding other fingerprints and checking them on however many data bases there are. But yes, it is not a fast process done in 60 minutes to wrap up a show or before the next commercial.
My largest problem here is 1. ignorance and 2. whoever speaks last always makes a convincing argument. My own ideas ebb and flow with what I just read.
I did read that Elizabeth Smart was led to believe as her story faded from the news that this meant no one cared.

BBM

I agree with #2 and I think it's mainly because there are so many possible scenarios available for how/why Abby disappeared. Hopefully, one day soon, we will be able to see who was closest to figuring out what actually happened to her. As for #1, I certainly hope you aren't talking about me! :floorlaugh:

I suspect new guy was using the definition of ignorance. 'Lack of knowledge or information '. I don't think that was at anybody, just the situation with this case. I hope ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli