GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New reward info (also new photo, the last one taken of Abby, 3 hours before she disappeared)
http://www.bringabbyhome.com/reward-information/

7 months :( I honestly didn't think we would get this far, none the wiser about what happened to Abby. Where are you girly? What happened to you? I still think about Abby every single day, still hope she will be found safe. BRING ABBY HOME!

The new photo kind of answers something I was wondering about all this time - whether she was acting her normal self that day or if she was more withdrawn, pensive, worried, etc. IMO she was being herself.

No indication she planned anything!

MOO

I am kind of unsure if we can ever know what's in a persons heart hours or days before something unforeseen happens to them.

We hear of suicides, murders and running away and everybody that sees them up to the event will say they suspected nothing because they acted perfectly normal.

I am kind of unsure if we can ever know what's in a persons heart hours or days before something unforeseen happens to them.

We hear of suicides, murders and running away and everybody that sees them up to the event will say they suspected nothing because they acted perfectly normal.

In the case of Bahia Bisharat, a 19 year old nursing student who disappeared from her school parking lot 3 days before graduation, her parents were certain that everything in her life was fine and she was looking forward to graduating that weekend. That morning, however, her classmates noticed that she drove into the parking lot at a high rate of speed with her trunk open and kept looking out the windows nervously while typing on her tablet. She left her car in the lot with the keys in the ignition. Police learned a month later that she left home on her own and that her marital status was in question. Speculation that she eloped to escape an arranged marriage was rumored.
The thread is now gone from WS but you can read the outcome here;
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...e_66e1e022-1b8e-5b87-b8ae-3b58eabb4 ceb.html

In Maura Murray's case, her father insisted that everything in her life was fine and she was looking forward to buying a new car. He insisted that nothing that happened prior to her disappearance was important in finding her.
Her classmates, however, told a different story of her activities and actions preceding her disappearance.
NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Many times family may be in denial or unaware of a persons activities and often those red flags are evident only in retrospect.

Signs that a person may be acting out of sorts prior to disappearance are more evident to people who are not as close as family IMO

For me, if Abby was acting normally that would indicate she had no idea that anything untoward was about to happen. No one knows what was in her heart for sure, we can only look for indications.

MOO

A few observations:
1. I think it's great that Zenya continues to keep this in front of the media with periodic updates or holiday messages. Smart move.
2. I love the directness of the letter as MMJ said. She's telling us everything she can.
3. I've read before of an additional reward from Mom, but it's great to see a dollar amount attached to it. Let's hope it, plus the federal cash, brings somebody forward. Under the right circumstances, $30,000 could give somebody a fresh start.
4. I find it hard to take much from the new photo but applaud the release of any new info. It gives me some sense of normalcy even on Oct 9.
5. The letter - smart of her to address that as well. The letter was "composed". My guess is that 9 out 10 people would say a letter was "written". Maybe I'm trying to read too much into this, but it leaves me to still wonder if the letter was typed and/or dictated.
Praying for the one Mother's Day gift that I'm sure Zenya wants.

Why do they ask that info goes directly to zenya? Wouldn't they prefer the authorities so nothing is lost in relaying the message?

Why do they ask that info goes directly to zenya? Wouldn't they prefer the authorities so nothing is lost in relaying the message?

There might be some folks who are uncomfortable with direct contact with LE. I think a fresh approach is a good idea. Got to keep trying new things until something works.

There might be some folks who are uncomfortable with direct contact with LE. I think a fresh approach is a good idea. Got to keep trying new things until something works.

Here is a link to the whole post:

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/reward-information/

Note the "Any leads can also be submitted to the:" just below Zenya's request and then clarification that things not be posted to FB (which happens often) or sent to FB pages that Zenya has no control over so she has no idea if the information is ever reported.

The goal here is Zenya or LE and no one else so there is no chance that things don't get reported. Whichever one of those options someone is comfortable with, gets it reported where it needs to go.

And I say this not to dispute what you say above, more just to kind of answer the questions you were answering as well.

I truly hope that LE is not keeping Zenya in the dark (like they are the general public) regarding their investigative activities, strategies being employed, leads they have followed and any significant results of interviews conducted. At this point, if she is only receiving placating, string-me-along "non-answers" to specific questions she asks, I think it is well within her rights to demand greater openness, concrete answers and accountability for the actions of the investigative team...even if that means they have produced no viable avenues to pursue and have come up empty. (Which I sincerely hope is not the case.) This entire situation is torturous enough. I can't even imagine what she must be going through.

I truly hope that LE is not keeping Zenya in the dark (like they are the general public) regarding their investigative activities, strategies being employed, leads they have followed and any significant results of interviews conducted. At this point, if she is only receiving placating, string-me-along "non-answers" to specific questions she asks, I think it is well within her rights to demand greater openness, concrete answers and accountability for the actions of the investigative team...even if that means they have produced no viable avenues to pursue and have come up empty. (Which I sincerely hope is not the case.) This entire situation is torturous enough. I can't even imagine what she must be going through.

Having been through this and coming from a family of LE, I can tell you they do keep some things from the family. Some is to protect the integrity of the investigation, some is to protect the family and some is because the family is always considered suspect. In our case, they didn't tell us about every theory because sometimes they involved people close to us and knowing what they knew would have changed how we viewed them. Some of the information would have hurt us and provided no help (sadly some of it we found out after she was found). For instance one person had been questioned and told them that my father had molested her for years. It wasn't true and we didn't find out this was said until after she was found 17 years later. At the time we would have been devastated to have a friend say this about our family, years later it stung but we had a more level response to it.
Anything they are keeping from the family isn't anything the family needs or even should know. In fact the one thing that gives me hope about this case is that they haven't released some information. If they ever get to the point where they release the postmark on that letter I will be worried that it's being done out of desperation.

That's great news! Maybe it will get people to talk. Someone has got to be helping her or holding her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Though sadly I will say, in all the cases I've followed, I've not seen where a reward actually brought any of them home. Has it? I'm sure someone will find a case, or remember one, I just personally haven't. BUT, it gives the media a chance to mention her name! And THAT is always important!!

Now that you mention it, I can't think of a case where we have known whether or not a reward money has been distributed. I always figured it was never disclosed who or if the designated reward was ever used so as to protect the person's identity. Does LE/FBI usually make public info about a reward claim? If so, then you may be right 2Hope4. I think I prefer to think LE has been keeping me in the dark. :smile:

A few observations:
1. I think it's great that Zenya continues to keep this in front of the media with periodic updates or holiday messages. Smart move.
2. I love the directness of the letter as MMJ said. She's telling us everything she can.
3. I've read before of an additional reward from Mom, but it's great to see a dollar amount attached to it. Let's hope it, plus the federal cash, brings somebody forward. Under the right circumstances, $30,000 could give somebody a fresh start.
4. I find it hard to take much from the new photo but applaud the release of any new info. It gives me some sense of normalcy even on Oct 9.
5. The letter - smart of her to address that as well. The letter was "composed". My guess is that 9 out 10 people would say a letter was "written". Maybe I'm trying to read too much into this, but it leaves me to still wonder if the letter was typed and/or dictated.
Praying for the one Mother's Day gift that I'm sure Zenya wants.

About the letter Zenya received from Abby or supposedly from Abby. I cannot understand at this point in time why the location of where the letter came from has not been made public? I understand not releasing the contents but why not let the public know what state it was mailed from. Also have they checked into anyone close to the family that could have been where the letter was mailed from or checked into her friends to see if they were where the letter was mailed from? Somebody out there knows something. It seems strange that nobody has come forward with the reward that was offered money talks and someone has to know something. I feel Abby was with someone she knew and trusted and praying that she is still with us and is safe. I would just like to know if LE has checked the adults close to her family on there whereabouts and her friends whereabouts during the time of her disappearance. Those are my thoughts. We don't know where the letter was sent from but what if it was sent from a location that one of the family friends might have been at or one of her school friends or someone from the community just trying to think of things.

wow this board has gotten really quiet. Still looking forward to the day when I sign into this site that Abby has been found. Keep praying someone out there will come forward with some information to get Abby home.

About the letter Zenya received from Abby or supposedly from Abby. I cannot understand at this point in time why the location of where the letter came from has not been made public? I understand not releasing the contents but why not let the public know what state it was mailed from. Also have they checked into anyone close to the family that could have been where the letter was mailed from or checked into her friends to see if they were where the letter was mailed from? Somebody out there knows something. It seems strange that nobody has come forward with the reward that was offered money talks and someone has to know something. I feel Abby was with someone she knew and trusted and praying that she is still with us and is safe. I would just like to know if LE has checked the adults close to her family on there whereabouts and her friends whereabouts during the time of her disappearance. Those are my thoughts. We don't know where the letter was sent from but what if it was sent from a location that one of the family friends might have been at or one of her school friends or someone from the community just trying to think of things.

I would guess that LE has followed all those paths that you mentioned. I think the reward money will help but it just may take some time for the news to reach the right person or for him/her to summon the courage to come forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli