GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 is so young. Well 15 now, but still so young. Would be almost impossible to be on her own, but not completely impossible. Finding food, shelter, clothing, warmth, and face it, even if you aren't a social butterfly, people need people. My kids would have a worse time leaving the animals. But everyone is different. Sooo that's what makes each case on here unique. What one might do in a circumstance, 100 others would do 100 other things.

Keeping Faith Abby!! As long as we're typing, we're thinking of you!!

If the chief investigator states she could have left willingly, then why it is so hard that others may think the same? Does it matter in the end?? Well, maybe, maybe not. If we knew WHY she may have left, could point in directions of where she could be getting help. Through some means, had contact with someone to give her a ride, and help her hide. Did this person know it would be long term? Did they suspect she wanted to run away, but would change her mind in a week or so? Now that 6 months has gone, are they afraid to call in, or encourage Abby to go back home? We don't know!!

I would hope that if Abby ever reads these threads, or is reading them today, she realizes that no matter why she is missing, she indeed is missed! That many people care. Many people would love to know she is safe, and OK. Many people offer their prayers to her, and her family during this time. I would also hope she keeps her faith, and continues to rely on the One who can help her! I personally don't see how it could be bad that she knows these things!

But, eh, JMO!

When and where did the chief investigator state that she could have left willingly?

The key is they simply didnt/do not know what happened, therefore don't know if she could have left willingly. This article was from quite awhile ago now :( I do not feel they believe she is out there living some new life, happily nor without help.

“Our worst fear right now is that though she could have left willingly, someone may now be coercing her… manipulating her,” Ramsey said, calling Abigail “a 15-year-old endangered juvenile female that has no independent financial means, so she’s certainly at risk. - See more at: http://www.metro.us/boston/news/loc...gail-hernandez-is-alive/#sthash.WAz2HG0H.dpuf

At this point, she has been missing and off the radar for over 200 days. She needs to be found and returned to her family.

Keep sharing those photos and information!!!!!

And from just this past week: [snipped quote]
Senior Associate New Hampshire Attorney General Jane Young had this to say when asked about Ruben's post:"Law enforcement still has grave concerns for Abby's safety given her age and lack of financial resources," said Young. "As we have indicated, if someone is aiding her, they certainly do not have her best interest and the best interest of her family in mind."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/112743-abby-s-parents-disagree-on-why-she-vanished

Right now, msm for reference is what we have. As a journalist who is local I have done my own fact checking and I am comfortable that corrections made during the coverage of this case have reflected accuracy and I am confident that the most up to date info at this time is accurate.

Sorry O/T. Just wanted to say... it's good to see you take! :seeya:

(back to lurk mode)

#Bringabbyhome

The key is they simply didnt/do not know what happened, therefore don't know if she could have left willingly. This article was from quite awhile ago now :( I do not feel they believe she is out there living some new life, happily nor without help.

“Our worst fear right now is that though she could have left willingly, someone may now be coercing her… manipulating her,” Ramsey said, calling Abigail “a 15-year-old endangered juvenile female that has no independent financial means, so she’s certainly at risk. - See more at: http://www.metro.us/boston/news/loc...gail-hernandez-is-alive/#sthash.WAz2HG0H.dpuf

At this point, she has been missing and off the radar for over 200 days. She needs to be found and returned to her family.

Keep sharing those photos and information!!!!!

Reading it again, it sounds like he's saying their worst fear is she's with someone who isn't looking out for her best interests. I'm not sure that's any worse than someone who believes they are looking out for her best interests. Her best interests are to be with her family, free to come and go as she pleases, free to have friends her age, free to hang out with boyfriend, free to go to school, free to grow up and have a life of her own.
Now I can fully understand teens have dramatic moments and can run when they get overwhelmed, but I still can't understand this child running especially not for this long. And usually when teens run they run TO someone. They can't take care of themselves so they run to someone who can, like a friend's house or a relative. I remember a guy in when I was in high school who was missing for 2 days before he showed up at his sister's place. He had been missing his sister and he literally hitchhiked for hundreds of miles until he got to his sister's place. He was too young to take care of himself so he ran TO someone. By this time if AH had run it just seems logical they'd know where she is and bring her home. I know it's an theory on the table, but I just can't make sense of it.
I'm also not sure she was abducted. It seems like someone would have seen someone struggling. So what happened?

Anyone she may possibly be with is not looking out for her best interests, as she is underage and it is against the law to harbor a minor. But LE does not know if she is with anyone, IMO, and certainly not who, they are saying this due to the unlikelihood of her supporting herself. I don't think they have narrowed down the options one bit since the day she disappeared, as far as runaway, kidnaped, accident victim, etc. Jmo

agreed, even if a person thinks they are looking out for her best interests… she's a missing person, tens of thousands of people sharing her face, LE, FBI, looking for her and a family nothing less than distraught. Life has stopped for them (or so I imagine) and will until Abby is home. Whether a person thinks they have her best intentions in mind or not, the thing to do is call and say "Hey, Abby's here" (and a lot earlier than 200 plus days, e.g. day one would be the right time, day 205 would work too at this point…..)

Still, a good person would allow her computer time or phone time… I have not one doubt in my opinionated mind (e.g. IMHO) that if this was the case she would have contacted a loved one by now, whether family or friend and not just through one seemingly iffy letter. She left way too much behind not to. A child who appears to be very faithful, whose friends (through MSM) paint a picture of being a person who had great empathy for others (e.g. paying attention to those who weren't so popular, forget the exact wording). We the citizens, the family and Law enforcement need to remain vigilant in order to bring her home to her family.

All of this, WS… fine and well and maybe something important will come up, but to me it is about sharing Abby's story, making sure EVERYBODY knows she's missing and making sure that should she get out into the public either somebody will spot her or should she go up to somebody, that person will be familiar with her story. We need to bringabbyhome :)

I do think that the reason they worded as they did was to encourage more communication from Abby if she is able to communicate.

I hope she is able and does.

Kieran Ramsey, the assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s New Hampshire office, said Friday that the teen “could have left willingly or perhaps was coerced or manipulated into leaving.”

BBM

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/missing-nh-teen-sent-letter-to-mom-officials-say/

If she left willingly which I don't think she did IMO it would have been well planned. What girl would leave without taking any of her personal belongings and only the clothes on her back? That just doesn't add up unless it was planned well in advance and someone was going to provide for her. I just pray that is she is still with us and whoever has her will let her go and she will return home safe. I really feel for her family, no family should have to go through this.

If she left willingly which I don't think she did IMO it would have been well planned. What girl would leave without taking any of her personal belongings and only the clothes on her back? That just doesn't add up unless it was planned well in advance and someone was going to provide for her. I just pray that is she is still with us and whoever has her will let her go and she will return home safe. I really feel for her family, no family should have to go through this.

How do we know she took nothing? We aren't even sure if she arrived home and then left!

dec5
'. . . Police said she made it home, but wasn't there when her mother came home later that day . . .'
FoxBoston - significant developments in the AH case

dec 07
'. . . At first, police said she made it home, but they later said she hadn't. Police also at first said she
made a call about 6:30 p.m. that day but later said that, too, was wrong. . . .'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/07/abigail-hernandez-missing_n_4404021.html

Interesting.

There is also an interesting blog by C-Haze77
You would have to find it on your own I think.

So I have 2 questions in my mind:
1. Who was she 'texting away' to in those final minutes before she disappeared? I mean texting a heart is obviously not going to take so much typing that one would describe it as 'texting away'. Was she texting lots to her boyfriend or to someone else? I mean the news articles make it sound as if that heart was all she sent but I wonder. And I wonder if she was texting someone else too.

Bolded by me:
'. . . "He said she was texting away on her phone as she was walking toward her home," the elder Campbell said.. . .'
http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131016/NEWS07/131019559/0/news0401

2. Was it normal for her to send just a heart to someone as a text.
It might be normal for someone else but was it normal for HER to do it?
Edited to add: I also wonder if a teen girl is usually ok with sending only a one symbol message to the love interest in her life? My experience from long ago and also from young relatives has been that they like to get wordy with their love.

'. . . At 2:52 p.m., as he was riding the bus home, Hernandez texted her boyfriend a heart, James Campbell said."That was the last he heard from her," . . .'
http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131016/NEWS07/131019559/0/news0401

What if she has told someone at her school about what was going on before she disappeared? How can that be confirmed? If that person has not yet come forward how do we have a chance to know in which direction to look for that person? Obviously we might not have any way of knowing but I did come up with one thought.

If anyone at her school knows what was going on but no one knows who that might be I would suggest looking at Abby's text and phone records over a 3 month or more period to see if she suddenly had a drop-off in texting to one person, a sort of texting shadow. That might indicate she was speaking to that name in person or at least in voice rather than text because the subject was one she did not want showing up in texts later. Just a thought. Sure there might be other reasons for the texting drop off and there might be more than one name but it at least gives a point to start looking.

How do we know she took nothing? We aren't even sure if she arrived home and then left!

According to the information her mom released she had just what she was wearing to school that day and not even a jacket. Just repeating what we know from the media. Lots of weird stuff in this case for sure. I don't get it at all and it becomes stranger by the day if you ask me. I have never seen a case where they don't know if someone ran away or was abducted for sure? That just doesn't add up at all.

I'm thinking of Abby today and wishing, through all of the back and forth on this thread, we could uncover the one clue that would bring Abby home.

I found this case linked below to be an interesting look at how a runaway combo case progresses sometimes.
http://courtjunkie.com/amber-alert-elizabeth-romero/

The problem is that we aren't always so lucky to know how they communicated or to know a boyfriend existed. Some are not obvious about it and that makes having a happy outcome much more difficult. Some say that since there was no knowledge of a love interest there must never have been one but just like in the Kach case which I linked much earlier in the thread, sometimes we don't know how the connection was made because they didn't leave the usual clues people look for.

If our missing person ran away with a love interest (whether or not she was manipulated) it wasn't magic. They had some way of communicating. It might have been in person or through library computers or friends phones or friends computers. . . and those are just the ways I can think of off the top of my head.

If there is no electronic trail they need to be looking very closely at people she could have come in contact with in person even if that person has been showing up normally in his life (in my opinion.)

Abby's actions (as I have read them reported in articles) seem to point towards a runaway (in my opinion.) That being said, to be fair I must admit that it is possible foul play happened suddenly and without warning.

It is not completely unheard of for runaways to contact home, at least not in cases I have read about but it is uncommon to be told of it. You usually don't read about it or hear of it. I was a bit surprised to read the investigator say the letter from Abby was unprecedented. Most of my case reading has been of older missing persons . . . just being honest about that, but I do remember reading of cases where runaways have contacted home. However, seems I remember there was case or two of foul play involving a letter from the victim many years in the past. I think it was in the southeast part of the nation . . . maybe Georgia (Don't count on the memory of the location- it was a long time ago that I read it and the case was way old then.) Seems the perp was working in a science lab or something tech oriented, maybe as maint. but I don't remember, and his drive to work took him past where he kidnapped his victims.
I only mention that case as a way of saying that, yes, I can see the possibility of foul play and cannot rule it out any more than
I can rule anything else out at this point.

I am slightly leaning towards runaway/combo at this point but I sure hope LE has some good ideas based on those 'pieces' of evidence they are reportedly looking into.

I find it interesting how interesting people find this case... so interesting. That alone gets me interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase