GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that there was some news for Abby's mom. I do not know how she is coping. It has been over 8 months and she has not seen nor heard from her girl. Abby where could you be? How can we find her? I think we need to keep sharing her missing person posters and never give up sharing on social media sites.

I can't begin to imagine the anguish she must be going through. And how can one continue to find "hope" under the circumstances? What a cruel existence. I guess this is why we keep turning over and over all the facts and hoping to arrange them in a way that finally solves the puzzle.

Me either, I can see not releasing the contents but seriously don't understand why they did not at this point release the state the letter came from because I believe it could help.

Since so much time has passed I agree that LE should go ahead and release the location where the letter was mailed from if they know it.

It may jar someone's memory or create a lead that is waiting to be uncovered. For instance a friend of hers may remember that she once visited someone from that location and it may bring a new tip to LE.

LE must have had reasons not to release it but at this point they are obviously at a dead end and they need to try to generate new tips and by releasing the location it may generate that 1 tip they need.

It seems a good idea to attempt jog someone's memory by releasing the letter mailing location. I just wonder if it is a good idea why it is not done. I remember reading about police worrying about copycat letters etc. but those could be weeded out quickly I'm sure. If someone wanted to do copycat letters it could always be under the pretense that she was moving around anyway. What is the rationale for not releasing the location at this date? I wish I knew. What harm could it cause at this point? I wish LE would explain what damage it could do.

any news or any leads on this case? I wonder how hard the LE is even working on this now, it seems everything has come to a halt?? It would be nice for LE to release a statement to the public as to what they are currently doing about this case. People are curious and want to know?? This young girl has been gone way too long and no communication other than the letter that we know of which is very disturbing. I honestly don't know what to think at this point. I have some theories but we can't discuss names on here but imo someone like one of her friends knows something. I wish that LE would make them take a lie detector test but don't think that this would be allowed unless they had something to go on but my hunch tells me a friend is involved.

I wish you expanded on those thoughts.....but just reading it gave me hope that there are theories she is alive (and hopefully well). I wish there were updates and concrete leads as to where the investigation is. I guess it is possible they have exhausted leads and have nothing to report. So frustrating.

Abby...if you're out there and reading this...please contact your mom, or your sister, or someone you trust. You mom and your sis and your fur babies are missing you SO MUCH.

There are so many people praying for you to come home sweetie. If you don't want to come home, then please just let someone know you're ok.

Sending up prayers from Chicago for you Abby!

Abby...if you're out there and reading this...please contact your mom, or your sister, or someone you trust. You mom and your sis and your fur babies are missing you SO MUCH.

There are so many people praying for you to come home sweetie. If you don't want to come home, then please just let someone know you're ok.

Sending up prayers from Chicago for you Abby!

^^THIS!!^^

Find your way home, Abby!

This case is very frustrating!!! Why is it at this point in time we know nothing more than we did after she went missing??? It has been 8 months no new information, no recent updates from LE. All we have is a facebook page with her face posted and people praying. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad thing but it isn't helping to bring Abby home so isn't it time to do something more?? I just don't get it at all a big broader search would be my idea of doing something more!!! How involved are the LE in this case at this point?? It seems that they have done literally not a heck of a lot and not sure why and if I were Abby's mom I would demand some answers from them.

I keep hoping the lack of new information is due to following up leads and not tipping off possible suspects, as opposed to nothing being done. In fairness to LE, if you have followed all leads and gotten nowhere....what do you do? Hopefully things are going on behind the scenes. I saw an interview with her mom from spring time and she was asked if she had had further communications from Abby, and her answer was she could not comment on that due to the investigation. Hearing that made me hope it was a "yes" but she could not tell us. Had the answer been a pure "no", I would think she could just say that.....but hedging her answer gave me hope. A small straw to cling to admittedly.

I keep hoping the lack of new information is due to following up leads and not tipping off possible suspects, as opposed to nothing being done. In fairness to LE, if you have followed all leads and gotten nowhere....what do you do? Hopefully things are going on behind the scenes. I saw an interview with her mom from spring time and she was asked if she had had further communications from Abby, and her answer was she could not comment on that due to the investigation. Hearing that made me hope it was a "yes" but she could not tell us. Had the answer been a pure "no", I would think she could just say that.....but hedging her answer gave me hope. A small straw to cling to admittedly.

Thats interesting. I too hope that the implication is that maybe more communication happened. Maybe there has been ongoing correspondence we are unaware of. It sure would explain LE not revealing where the letter came from and not talking much about it.

I hope she just willingly ran off with someone who is not harming her. That seems to me to be the best scenerio. It would explain some things.

I wish I could remember where I saw the interview, as it has all run together in my mind now. But I saw the one where she was driving around her town in the winter, and her mom said she had not heard from her. This other video was done after that and since she freely admitted to not hearing from her in winter but was guarded in her answer a couple of months later, it caught my attention. As I said, it is clutching at straws, but even a small glimmer of hope renews the spirits.
In the absence of new information little things like this perhaps seem larger than they truly are. And yet....that glimmer of hope burns strong.

Where is Abby? Where could she be.....? *humming*

Praying you will be found Abby. Your family and friends miss you.

I was away with my kids for a few days (something I am grateful to be able to do ) and came back to find......no new news. No updates. I googled her name and "updates" but all the news is months old. Even statements from her mom. In my ignorance I cling to the hope that there has been further communication and that explains her silence.....

A thought occurred to me: Maybe some of us have overlooked the romantic angles to the search (particularly me having overlooked it - lol.) I mean sure we discussed that she might have met a guy and then ran away but not discussed what meeting place might have seemed romantic to them.

If Abby had a love interest and If she met him when she disappeared then what would have seemed to Abby like a romantic meeting spot where they could have met and used for their jumping off spot for parts unknown? It would have had to be romantic and also not had overt security cameras.

The only thing I heard in connection with that thought was some older guy she met on facebook. Or somewhere on the internet. Anyway, I think it was just a rumour and subsequent investigations showed there was nothing to that story.....so if she did go off no one has clue with whom or to where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli