GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I can link it, it might be a TOS violation because it's a minor's fb. It's in the archives I think or maybe a moderator can link it. I'm not comfortable doing it.

I was just reading the WMUR facebook page. I really, really wish LE would make a better statement to the public. I am not going to rag on them like I did the other day (sorry :shame:) but reading through the comments there, it seems pretty clear that people are turning against Abby and her family, as well as LE. I do not think most people would pick on a kid in this situation unless they were very, very frustrated with how things are being handled.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/20...iled-in-18th-DUI-may-go-free-in-6-months.html

This is the man whose mugshot she posted on her FB in May 2013. He is from Ohio, it appears. There is no real explanation with her FB post, but judging by her comment with her friends, I think it may have just been an 'inside joke' between teen girls. IDK though.

That looks to me like teenage girls (who have probably been drunk on alcopops a few times) thinking it is funny that someone is the state's worst drunk driver. You know kids.

Wooly Willy. I think that is what it's called.

I was just reading the WMUR facebook page. I really, really wish LE would make a better statement to the public. I am not going to rag on them like I did the other day (sorry :shame:) but reading through the comments there, it seems pretty clear that people are turning against Abby and her family, as well as LE. I do not think most people would pick on a kid in this situation unless they were very, very frustrated with how things are being handled.

Ignoring the trolls and some trying to be "funny", many people in NH seem to have a problem how communication (style, wording, etc...) is handled from AG's office. This has been going on since the Celina Cass case and the many other unsolved homicide cases. This is what I get from reading the more level headed and serious comments.

If I had to bet money on it (the sketch) being one of the RSO's posted so far, this would be my pick.

Me too. Especially because of his height (5'6''), weight, eye color. I have to think that if the person is slightly taller than Abby, they don't mean 5'8"-5'9". I would think they would bring in people of different heights to help narrow it down as part of the process of getting an accurate description.

Me too. Especially because of his height (5'6''), weight, eye color. I have to think that if the person is slightly taller than Abby, they don't mean 5'8"-5'9". I would think they would bring in people of different heights to help narrow it down as part of the process of getting an accurate description.

The head shape, forehead shape, eyes, ears and general description seem to be a good fit. The nose and mouth are off but the tip of his nose seems to be a bit wide rather than the base of his nose as the sketch shows. I would think it would be really really hard to describe someone's facial features to a sketch artist perfectly. Even somebody in our own family.

I agree. I'm confused about the whole thing but I'm getting really pee'd off about some comments on SM and in comments sections of articles. That saying comes to mind about *advertiser censored*-u-ming!

If this was an arranged meet up, when she originally left in October, there would have to be some electronic trail of some sort...and it is hard to believe she just happened to walk home alone that day and decided to accept a ride from a stranger. So confusing...

Electronic trail where? Isn't her cell missing? I haven't completely followed this case from the beginning but what kind of cell phone did she have?
There are so many social media sites and chat apps. that teenagers use. Could have been Kik or Snapchat.

I agree. I'm confused about the whole thing but I'm getting really pee'd off about some comments on SM and in comments sections of articles. That saying comes to mind about *advertiser censored*-u-ming!

Some of the comments are so cruel and disgusting.

BBM Here in the South/North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana area half the vehicles on the road are trucks. LE can check DMV records for surrounding states but that would take awhile.

Oh yes, that woman who was driving daily to visit her husband in the hospital. The color of the truck could easily have been confused by Abby or another witness. At least that woman and her family are already on LE's radar, should be easy to check out if there any family members that could fit the sketch.

Then again, there are probably a lot of dark colored Chevy trucks in the area, no? In the South, there are trucks everywhere.. I haven't spent much time in the North East. It was also tourist-y season when Abby went missing, right? It will be a lot more difficult to identify this man if he was an out-of-town-er.

Some of the comments are so cruel and disgusting.

Yes, and a lot of people who might never write something like that are "liking" them. Now I do not think it is appropriate to personally attack Abby, but whoever is handling this case needs to get it in their head that people are doing what people will often do when they become frustrated or disgusted: they're taking it out on the easiest target. LE is simply doing a horrid job of handling the public relations side of this. These days it is easy to go online and very accurately gauge how the public is responding. I have read every comment from news sites (where comments are available) and way more than half of them are negative about Abby and her family. I think that is a response more to being frustrated with how this is all being handled than actually thinking poorly of a kid.

If my daughter was abducted and held for 9 months and then returned I would certainly not stay in the same home. I would pack up and get out fast as I would be scared this man might come back for more.

Without going into details, ICE could use their databases to search for Abby. Also, people are expecting clarity from a girl who may well have been drugged or dominated to the extent that she is traumatized.

That was my first thought too. I think it happens more than we think.

I think LE doesn't know where Abby has been or if she went willingly or was forced and I hope they are being respectful to her and her family and trying to give them some space and not bombarding Abby with constant questioning and interrogation. I believe it will all come out in time. We just have to be patient.

New Hampshire's Castle Law

New Hampshire [4] Not required to retreat if he or she is within his or her dwelling, its curtilage, or anywhere he or she has a right to be, and was not the initial aggressor. An individual may respond to a threat of serious bodily injury or death by displaying a firearm or other method of self-defense. Deadly force is justified if the aggressor is about to use unlawful, deadly force, is likely to use any unlawful force against a person present while committing or attempting to commit a burglary, is committing or about to commit kidnapping or a forcible sex offense, or is likely to use any unlawful force in the commission of a felony against the individual within their dwelling or its curtilage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

If my daughter was abducted and held for 9 months and then returned I would certainly not stay in the same home. I would pack up and get out fast as I would be scared this man might come back for more.

I might react that way too. But Abigail probably wants to be home--she was gone a long time. She has her mother, sister, pets there too and the familiarity of home is probably wonderful for her. And for the time being, it probably is the safest place around. There was a police presence outside in media coverage earlier in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025