GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't kept up with the Nathan O'Brien thread much, so that's not it...but it could easily have been from another MP thread.

This is from thread #3, but I still don't think that's what I was thinking of...

boston_baby10-18-2013, 09:46 PM
The links to other regional attempted abductions + the attempt I linked to earlier from last week in southern ME near the NH border is so distressing with Abby, of course, and now alexandra. A couple of the attempts posted by the other person (somewhere in post #2) involved two people in the vehicle, but I believe the report there was a dark (maroon, maybe??) truck, not sedan.

Ref the navy blue truck-- If it were a newer model the color could be very hard to determine. A man I work with bought one that looks dark green in full sun but at different angles it looks black, teal green or very dark gray. Also, I have a feeling that the nature of her disappearance will become clear in a matter of weeks. Abby is still a kid and kids talk to other kids. On the other hand, if Abby was abducted and "used" (I don't want to be more descriptive) she may completely clam up from the trauma.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/fast-food-receipt-shows-extent-of-search-for-missing-girl/22454244

That involved a black chevy pick up truck and a dunkin donuts receipt.

Still not what I was thinking of though I easily could have things confused in my head.

Oh yes, that woman who was driving daily to visit her husband in the hospital. The color of the truck could easily have been confused by Abby or another witness. At least that woman and her family are already on LE's radar, should be easy to check out if there any family members that could fit the sketch.

Then again, there are probably a lot of dark colored Chevy trucks in the area, no? In the South, there are trucks everywhere.. I haven't spent much time in the North East. It was also tourist-y season when Abby went missing, right? It will be a lot more difficult to identify this man if he was an out-of-town-er.

I called in a tip last night about someone who matches the description, looks like the sketch, and lives in Conway. Could be a completely innocent person but I didn't want to be one of those people who dismisses the possibility because it seems improbable. People don't think it could be the regular guy they know.

My second comment is that it was not easy to call in the tip. The first number on the press release is for the state police. I called it and got the automated menu with more than a dozen choices, none of which seemed to apply. I called back and chose 'state police operations' because that seemed to be the only one that could possibly apply. That transferred me to voice mail. I hung up and called the Conway PD.

I don't understand putting out a sketch and description and having a phone number not answered by a person. I called 4-5 hours after the press release, so I don't think that my 2nd attempt went to voice mail because everyone was on other calls. But the initial automated menu that lasts for a very long time and just repeats was frustrating. There is no option to 'dial 0 or stay on the line' to talk to a person.

Ref the navy blue truck-- If it were a newer model the color could be very hard to determine. A man I work with bought one that looks dark green in full sun but at different angles it looks black, teal green or very dark gray. Also, I have a feeling that the nature of her disappearance will become clear in a matter of weeks. Abby is still a kid and kids talk to other kids. On the other hand, if Abby was abducted and "used" (I don't want to be more descriptive) she may completely clam up from the trauma.

BBM
(This post isn't really directed at you, but just jumping off of your post)... IDK, I have been doing some thinking about this. Will Abby feel comfortable around her peers and her old friends? Will she even go back to school, or finish school via an alternative method like online school? Depending on what type of ordeal she has been through (and her personality I guess), it may be very hard for her to reconnect to her peers from Kennett HS and open up to them. Only time will tell, I guess!

BBM
(This post isn't really directed at you, but just jumping off of your post)... IDK, I have been doing some thinking about this. Will Abby feel comfortable around her peers and her old friends? Will she even go back to school, or finish school via an alternative method like online school? Depending on what type of ordeal she has been through (and her personality I guess), it may be very hard for her to reconnect to her peers from Kennett HS and open up to them. Only time will tell, I guess!

My sentiments as well re: alternative education.
I think I'm going to call the man in the drawing "Etch-a-Sketch Man".

The sketch in the Conway Daily Sun release is much poorer quality than the one a poster linked upthread. It's like it wasn't scanned in with enough contrast, you cannot see the shading on the face. It makes the individual look much older without the shading, and a lot of detail is lost.

Dark skin, dark eyes, dark hair. I am guessing that the guy is likely Hispanic. At the very least, many of the sex offenders linked here are very, very white. I do not think any of them are him.

Ya'll ever watch that "To Catch a Predator" show? Those guys will drive for hours if they think it means having sex with a 14 year-old girl. I am not saying that is what happened, but if she was picked up at 2:30, then the man could have easily left his house that morning and driven 7 hours to go there to pick her up.

If this was an arranged meet up, when she originally left in October, there would have to be some electronic trail of some sort...and it is hard to believe she just happened to walk home alone that day and decided to accept a ride from a stranger. So confusing...

I am going to give LE the benefit of the doubt here (which is really, really hard in this case) and assume that they did their diligence in eliminating local sex offenders.

The phrase "drove off" (though murky), makes me think that they Abby and that man went somewhere a ways away from Conway that day.

I hope this comes through.... offender with initials of RAK seen riding in truck with underage girl in 2012. (facebook link to local CBS affiliate)

https://www.facebook.com/WGME13/posts/10151044851436981

here is his mug shot
http://business.nh.gov/NSOR/Display.aspx?offenderID=5075

I know it says parole date was June 2014, but he was obviously out and about in 2012. Note the 2012 incident doesn't show up on his record. Don't know his whereabouts in 2013.

this one is interesting.

There are several distinguishing characteristics: rounded and protruding helix (upper cartilage) section of ears, wide nose, hooded eyes, wide and square forehead

Yeah, I'm confused by people saying the sketch isn't very detailed - there are some very different, distinguishing characteristics there.

I hope this comes through.... offender with initials of RAK seen riding in truck with underage girl in 2012. (facebook link to local CBS affiliate)

https://www.facebook.com/WGME13/posts/10151044851436981

here is his mug shot
http://business.nh.gov/NSOR/Display.aspx?offenderID=5075

I know it says parole date was June 2014, but he was obviously out and about in 2012. Note the 2012 incident doesn't show up on his record. Don't know his whereabouts in 2013.

If I had to bet money on it (the sketch) being one of the RSO's posted so far, this would be my pick.

Does anyone else think that sketch resembles the mugshot of the man AH posted on fb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase