GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that turn of phrase "drove her away" which is so frustrating! This doesn't mean he held her for 9 months, only that he drove her away. Perhaps other sketches of others involved will surface shortly? Or perhaps clarification on the wording will follow. It just suggests that others may be involved to me. As frustrating as it is to wait, I will have to trust LE know what they are doing as to when and how they feed out info. But I cannot fathom what harm a statement such as "but she is unclear if this same person drove her back on Sunday."
I did read that neither her purse nor phone returned with her, which makes her re-appearance in her original clothes stranger.

LE's wording in the press release makes me think it is possible that Abby hitchhiked or got a ride from this man and then they parted ways. Hard to tell though. I agree with posters upthread who have stated that they don't seem to be indicating that Abby stayed with this man for 9 months after being "driven away" by him. It's all so vague though.

ETA: Sounds like they just don't know. It seems like they were able to get this small bit of information from Abby, but they still seem pretty clueless about everything else so far.

There are some incredibly talented sketch artists in this country I wish they would reach out to the more experienced ones, even if over skype, and get a better sketch.

I guess I would wish that in every case but this is not about a stolen car or a shoplifter, its about a kidnapper and IMO needs a better sketch.

I keep getting this idea that I want to help Abby get a therapy dog. I just feel so sad for her and this ordeal. :(

im pretty sure it is jane young calling the shots here, she never would have released that sketch with no other info to attach to it if the police had any chance to identify the man in it without making it public. so that makes it likely that AH is unable to identify the person by name, or give them any other information from her time missing that would lead them to him, and that there is no computer or phone evidence that could lead police to the man's identity.

if that is the case then this has to be a case of abduction/her being held against her will.

i only see one other way that this thing goes and im pretty sure im not allowed to say it...

i guess i can say that the FBI acknowledged after the letter that this could be a case where she left willingly but then was coerced or enticed to remain away... but then wouldnt she have more info to provide regarding the identity of who this man in the sketch is?

His nose looks Strange do you think maybe he had a cleft lip? (Not sure that's what it's called sry)

Maybe, but maybe it was broken and that is why it is angled like that. I would think she would have remembered a scar from a cleft lip repair.

I think the nose looks funny because maybe she kept changing it and they left it . Possibly it started out smaller and thinner they kept adding to it I think they left it that way just in case someone might notice the thinner nose.
who (NOSE)knows?

Id love to know if her hair was clean when she was found.
If she was thinner or heavier.
If she was suntanned? Or Pale.

Was she taken care of or did she look like she lived on the streets for 9 months?

Attachments

• 2181.jpg
    2181.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 314
Catfishing and trafficking could be involved here.

The wording of it was interesting....and if he drove her away, was he "merely" the driver? Did others corral her? And who dropped her off then? I wish she could give a make or model of the pick up truck.....would be nice to see how many are registered to various owners in the state since their pics should be on file. (they are here in Ontario). I'm also guessing they would have had her look thru various photos to see if she could identify anyone known to police.
I also wondered about the specific phrasing......and this is wild speculation here.....if she were to meet someone, could they have said "Mr. X will pick you up at 3 pm and he will be driving a dark blue pick up truck. Get in and he'll bring you here........." Just a thought to explain the phrasing.

respectfully disagree with anateresa and do agree with liljim (a page ago, I can't quote duh).

not sure if this was posted, bbm:

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news

Conway Police Chief Ed Wagner declined to discuss whether the man in sketch is danger to the public, but he remind people to remain vigilant. "All we're saying right now is in the press release," he said.

Okay, I don't recall seeing it worded exactly like this before....

AT THE TIME OF THE 15 YEAR OLD’S DISAPPEARANCE THE MAN WAS SEEN DRIVING A NAVY BLUE PICK-UP TRUCK ON NORTH SOUTH ROAD IN CONWAY.

http://conwaymagic.com/?p=9070&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=abigail-hernandez-update-3

BBM. Makes me wonder if it wasn't her that provided the sketch, but someone that saw that truck instead. Would explain the vagueness of it.

EDITED: Other reports say she provided the sketch, so ignore the theory above.

Does anyone remember when Abby went missing if there was talk of a dark truck in the area at the time that police were trying to track down? It wasn't a "this is the truck that took Abby", but more of a "there was a truck in the area at that time that we've been unable to account for so if you know who it belongs to, let us know".

It seems to me there was, but I can't find it in google because I keep coming up with the more current results.

There are so many missing people, I could be confusing another one with Abby.

That sketch looks like one of those dudes in the sketches that had magentic sprinkles behind plastic and you used a magnet to make faces. And that's all I have to say about that. Sitting on hands, and waiting on this one out.

Good laugh, 2Hope4! It does--and it explains the black stubble/

Does anyone remember when Abby went missing if there was talk of a dark truck in the area at the time that police were trying to track down? It wasn't a "this is the truck that took Abby", but more of a "there was a truck in the area at that time that we've been unable to account for so if you know who it belongs to, let us know".

It seems to me there was, but I can't find it in google because I keep coming up with the more current results.

There are so many missing people, I could be confusing another one with Abby.

Are you sure you are not thinking of the Nathan O'Brien case? I don't believe I remember a statement like that in Abby's case

I vaguely remember that (about a dark truck), same with something about a receipt from somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member