GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez says drove her away from Conway in a navy blue pick-up truck in October of 2013.

Officials say they’re still trying to confirm whether this man or any others took Hernandez against her will or concealed her whereabouts for the last nine months. They have continued to reiterate that Hernandez was 14 years old at the time of her disappearance and it is a felony for any person to take, entice away or conceal any child under the age of 18.

http://nhpr.org/post/officials-release-sketch-related-abigail-hernandez-disappearance

The kid needs a really good psychologist. She has waaaay too much to process alone and in this situation. Regardless of the how, what and whys of her disappearance. She's a victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jane E. Young, the associate attorney general. “While the investigation remains on-going, law enforcement authorities are still attempting to ascertain and confirm information as to whether this man or any others who may have been involved with Abigail’s disappearance took her against her will, enticed her away, detained her or concealed her whereabouts for the last nine months.”

Attorney General Joseph Foster said in a statement, “We are all pleased Abigail was returned safely to her family. Law enforcement officers must now obtain satisfactory answers to the questions surrounding the facts and circumstances of Abigail’s disappearance and nine month absence.

http://salem-nh.patch.com/groups/po...eased-in-abigail-hernandez-investigation86218

Wasn't there mention in MSM last fall of a possible older man, possibly met online?

My greatest hope was that she would return home safely. I am SO insanely thankful that has happened! Everything else pales, in comparison.

My next hope is that Abby is as honest and forthcoming as she can be. If this community has to be on the lookout for a full fledged MAN who is taking or luring young girls, then put it out there and let this scum be caught!!! If that isn't the truth, don't allow there to be a witch hunt. Innocent people will be accused and hurt and the guilty who are being protected are still out there. I know it can't be easy, but telling the truth is so important to her future at this point. No matter what, at this point she is not in any trouble- ran away, taken, or anything in between. That changes when you start lying to the police. This must be very difficult to handle at 15 years old. The hard part is over- she is home SAFE!!! Now, get the info to the police so your healing can begin, sweet girl. I'm sure you want to go outside and enjoy the sunshine!

I'm so thankful this thread has been reopened. I've been heartbroken at the mob mentality that has been going on against Abby on various internet comment sites.

I spent some time comparing the police sketch to photos of known Sexual Offenders in the Conway area, but I didn't get any matches I felt were strong. The ones I thought sort of might resemble the sketch were very tall men or looked light complexioned. There was one that really stood out to me because of the eyebrows--they look distinctive in the sketch, and there was a guy with eyebrows like that, but he looked pretty light skinned to me and pretty bald, which was not mentioned as a descriptor. I do have to say that the quality of some of these sex offender photos isn't very good.

Edit: I did find one 27 year old guy from Tamworth NH that is listed at 5'3" that fit the description pretty well. Am I allowed to link it on here?

I'm not a monitor, but it is my understanding if this person is a known sex offender with a record on line, it is okay to post especially when the description matches. Ask a monitor to be sure though.

Okay, certainly the FBI and New Hampshire state police/AG (Jane) have interviewed her. I can't imagine that LE would publish this sketch all willy-nilly. Granted, there are a lot of careers on the line, but distributing a sketch with a vehicle description says, to me, that there is some corroborating evidence somewhere.

My greatest hope was that she would return home safely. I am SO insanely thankful that has happened! Everything else pales, in comparison.

My next hope is that Abby is as honest and forthcoming as she can be. If this community has to be on the lookout for a full fledged MAN who is taking or luring young girls, then put it out there and let this scum be caught!!! If that isn't the truth, don't allow there to be a witch hunt. Innocent people will be accused and hurt and the guilty who are being protected are still out there. I know it can't be easy, but telling the truth is so important to her future at this point. No matter what, at this point she is not in any trouble- ran away, taken, or anything in between. That changes when you start lying to the police. This must be very difficult to handle at 15 years old. The hard part is over- she is home SAFE!!! Now, get the info to the police so your healing can begin, sweet girl. I'm sure you want to go outside and enjoy the sunshine!

At least she is speaking, it might not be much, but there is a sketch, there is a very non discript of a vehicle. Whether she was lured, she left on her own, or thought she was just getting a ride ( don't know how far she lived from school )... she is saying something. At this point, I have to believe she is telling the truth.

On a side note, I was a runaway, NOT saying she is, but even being a runaway, it took me time to open up on why I ran away. I was gone a couple of months. Went from TN to Colorado.

I agree with you, the hard part is over! Hopefully now she can heal in the best possible way, whatever the circumstance.

Also, "not much taller" than her could still be 5'9 or even 5'10". I am 5'2" and although everyone is taller than me, when I date someone who is even 5'8", they don't feel all that much taller than me. I would say 6" could still be considered within range.

At least she is speaking, it might not be much, but there is a sketch, there is a very non discript of a vehicle. Whether she was lured, she left on her own, or thought she was just getting a ride ( don't know how far she lived from school )... she is saying something. At this point, I have to believe she is telling the truth.

On a side note, I was a runaway, NOT saying she is, but even being a runaway, it took me time to open up on why I ran away. I was gone a couple of months. Went from TN to Colorado.

I agree with you, the hard part is over! Hopefully now she can heal in the best possible way, whatever the circumstance.

Exactly. You can be both honest and not opening all the way up with info at the same time. For them to say they are still unsure whether she was even taken against her will, they still aren't sold on any one story yet, either.

I'm very surprised that they quickly said she was in good shape. So often, they say, "she is being held at the hospital for observation, but we expect her to be fine" kind of thing.

I also think that if I were dropped off after being "held" for 9 months, I would have run into the first store I could find! People would have seen me running like the dickens to get around people! That is no judgement, though. I know you do in situations what you feel like you can do! That's a fact! I can just imagine the big chicken I am, I would have been frantically searching for the first sign of light and people I could! Yikes, how nerve racking! I can imagine the community is on edge at this point, too.

Lastly, I was going to post last night and the thread got locked. With such a large reward being put out there to entice people to talk, I think that in and of itself is a reason to give info, when they can. Someone out there might be entitled to a reward that led to her being returned safely and doesn't know it yet!

Oh, I am so glad she is home. Bottom line. I am glad to still be part of unraveling this mystery, but VERY glad she is home. So glad she is safe. This is the good part of sleuthing. Sleuthing without the worry and sick stomach of wondering if they will come home, because she did. Aaaaahh. Now, onto holding an adult who knows SO much better accountable! :)

Come on. Someone say something!! Am I the only one a little freaked? Does NH have a place they list the vehicles driven by offenders? In New Orleans, all of our offender notices have the vehicles they drive, with the license plate numbers.

I wondered that about the vehicles too.

Some sketch artists are far better than others and some people are much better explaining the fine details than others...some people even have difficulty looking at photos of eye shapes & jaw lines and such and picking out an accurate one.

It's a very symbiotic relationship when the perp looks exactly like the sketch. IMO that's not the norm.
Typically victims get it pretty wrong ...or the artist is terrible.

All IMO

I used to want to be a sketch artist. Practiced a lot...I discovered people work my last nerve. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the details describing the man will be most important--height, stubble, complexion, etc.

There was talk in the MSM about Abby befriending an older boy on FB.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-teens-phone-call-tracked-ski-resort/story?id=20568060

At the time, the man was driving a navy blue pick-up truck. Abigail described the man as having darkish skin, dark brown eyes, black stubble facial hair, and a large build, who was slightly overweight and slightly taller than she was (5’4”).

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/sketch-released-in-abby-hernandez-case/

if ZPM's height were a little taller

I think NLR is maybe too pale and too gray

if ZPM's height were a little taller

I think NLR is maybe too pale and too gray

Unless he works in the sun, now. They didnt say hair color, only stubble, which made me wonder.

Its hard to tell what age that sketch is even supposed to be!?!? 30? 45? 60? When I looked at it, he looks much older, When I tilt my computer screen backwards, I can see the shading more and he looks around 35ish. That is pretty important- 20s or 60s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member