DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Roselvr:
PERSON OF INTEREST IN ABBY'S CASE
Bring Abby Home shared a link via Amanda Smith. 52 minutes ago
We are seeking this man, wanted for questioning in Abby's case. Please share this sketch FAR AND WIDE!!

https://www.facebook.com/bringabbyhome/posts/252077124999499

Links to a news article

Sketch released in Abby Hernandez case
Officials say man picked her up on day she disappeared
UPDATED 6:14 PM EDT Jul 24, 2014
CONCORD, N.H. —Officials have released a sketch of a man they say drove a teenager away from Conway in October, prompting a massive search before she returned home this weekend.

The Attorney General's Office said the man drove Abby Hernandez, then 14, away from Conway on Oct. 9. They said he was driving a navy blue pickup truck on North South Road between 2:20 and 3 p.m. that day.

Officials said Abby described the man as having darkish skin, dark brown eyes, black stubble facial hair and a large build. They said he was slightly overweight and slightly taller than she was, at 5 feet 4 inches tall.

Abby returned home Sunday night, but little has been said about why she went missing or what happened to her.

"We are all pleased Abigail was returned safely to her family," said Attorney General Joseph Foster. "Law enforcement officers must now obtain satisfactory answers to the questions surrounding the facts and circumstances of Abigail’s disappearance and nine-month absence."

Authorities said they are still trying to determine whether Abby was taken against her will or whether someone enticed her away, detained her or concealed her whereabouts. They said she had no known means of facilitating her disappearance on her own or providing food and other necessities for herself.

Officials said it's a felony for anyone to take or entice away any child under the age of 18 who's not related by blood.

Anyone who recognizes the man in the sketch is asked to contact the New Hampshire State Police at 603-271-3636 or the Conway Police Department at 603-356-5715.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/sketch-released-in-abby-hernandez-case/27135036#ixzz38QjWOQJU

Stay on track and discuss this breaking news!

Do NOT suggest loved ones are involved. Focus on the police sketch.

:tyou:

Thanks kimster!

Authorities release sketch of man sought in Abigail Hernandez case

Law enforcement officials investigating the disappearance of New Hampshire teen Abigail Hernandez released a sketch today of a man they say drove the girl away in a pick-up truck on October 9, 2013.

Hernandez, now 15, was reunited with her family on Sunday. In a statement accompanying the sketch, officials said they are still investigating whether this man or any others involved with her disappearance took her against her will, enticed her away, detained her or concealed her whereabouts.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-and-return/oWB8iP3dNr8sf1CnW5VBJO/story.html

Capture.JPG

http://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_371w/Boston/2011-2020/2014/07/24/BostonGlobe.com/Metro/Images/Capture.JPG

I can't make heads nor tails out of this whole thing! :thinking: Each new tiny nugget of information just adds to the confusion rather than clear anything up.

But I am so glad Abby's home! :happydance:

great news, if there is a grown man out there enticing/abducting/harboring 14 year old girls then the public should know and be able to attempt to help in catching him.

Sketch has strange hooded eyes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sketch has strange hooded eyes...

yeah they are quite noticeable in that sketch, if accurate that could definitely lead to someone recognizing him from it.

I couldn't find an approximate age for this man nor is the sketch very detailed (as I have seen others on WS). That being said, the info released leaves me with more questions because of the way it was worded. Head scratcher for sure. Think I will wait to see what turns up in the near future.

I couldn't find an approximate age for this man nor is the sketch very detailed (as I have seen others on WS). That being said, the info released leaves me with more questions because of the way it was worded. Head scratcher for sure. Think I will wait to see what turns up in the near future.

Some sketch artists are far better than others and some people are much better explaining the fine details than others...some people even have difficulty looking at photos of eye shapes & jaw lines and such and picking out an accurate one.

It's a very symbiotic relationship when the perp looks exactly like the sketch. IMO that's not the norm.
Typically victims get it pretty wrong ...or the artist is terrible.

All IMO

I used to want to be a sketch artist. Practiced a lot...I discovered people work my last nerve. ;)

Some sketch artists are far better than others and some people are much better explaining the fine details than others...some people even have difficulty looking at photos of eye shapes & jaw lines and such and picking out an accurate one.

It's a very symbiotic relationship when the perp looks exactly like the sketch. IMO that's not the norm.
Typically victims get it pretty wrong ...or the artist is terrible.

All IMO

I used to want to be a sketch artist. Practiced a lot...I discovered people work my last nerve. ;)

The ones I have seen here are pretty close when an arrest is made, but I understand it depends on the artist and the witness. Why no age, I wonder, or any distinguishing characteristics (tattoos, teeth, voice, accent, etc.)? Very sketchy IMHO.

Stranger and more odd...

from this link from the Boston Globe:

Law enforcement officials investigating the disappearance of New Hampshire teen Abigail Hernandez released a sketch today of a man they say drove the girl away in a pick-up truck on October 9, 2013.

So, this is who AH left with or was taken by...is he the same man who brought her back? I'm more confused than ever. However, I think it can safely be said that yes, LE is looking for an adult male who took AH away when she went missing.

Stranger and more odd...

from this link from the Boston Globe:

So, this is who AH left with or was taken by...is he the same man who brought her back? I'm more confused than ever. However, I think it can safely be said that yes, LE is looking for an adult male who took AH away when she went missing.

The part that confuses me most is he "drove the girl away". I can't see kidnapping considering how she returned home. I just imagine a kidnapping victim to be like the girls Castro held captive, that is their demeanor. Of course no one knows what Abby's emotional state was when she returned hone. Dunno.

Welcome Home Abigail~ Take your time~

“The individual or individuals who were involved with her disappearance and absence will now have to face the consequences of any unlawful actions,” New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph Foster said Thursday. “Finding these answers and assuring the perpetrator is brought to justice will help ensure a similar act is not committed against another child.”
Anyone who recognizes the man is asked to contact the New Hampshire State Police at (603) 271-3636 or the Conway Police Department at (603) 356-5715.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/sketch-released-in-abby-hernandez-case/

Attorney General Joseph Foster distributed a sketch of the man to media outlets Thursday. But he said it's still not clear to investigators whether 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez was taken against her will or lured away, or what role the man may have played in concealing her whereabouts since she went missing Oct. 9 from Kennett High School in Conway.

Foster said it is a felony for a person to forcibly take or lure away children under 18 who aren't related to the individual.

Prosecutor Jane Young, who heads the criminal bureau, would not characterize Abigail's level of cooperation with investigators other than to say she provided the description of the man.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/268528832.html

I'm so thankful this thread has been reopened. I've been heartbroken at the mob mentality that has been going on against Abby on various internet comment sites.

I spent some time comparing the police sketch to photos of known Sexual Offenders in the Conway area, but I didn't get any matches I felt were strong. The ones I thought sort of might resemble the sketch were very tall men or looked light complexioned. There was one that really stood out to me because of the eyebrows--they look distinctive in the sketch, and there was a guy with eyebrows like that, but he looked pretty light skinned to me and pretty bald, which was not mentioned as a descriptor. I do have to say that the quality of some of these sex offender photos isn't very good.

Edit: I did find one 27 year old guy from Tamworth NH that is listed at 5'3" that fit the description pretty well. Am I allowed to link it on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli