GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The word, "pale" stood out to me. She was apparently kept indoors/hidden.

She said "they" often, but she also said that she would "find the person" who did this.

someone give me a scenario where she had to be "released" from where she was, she did not run away, and she did not know the person who "drove her away", and that would not be considered an abduction or kidpnapping?

Taxi or limo driver, or other vehicle for hire. If it was a remote area -- and there are plenty of those in NH and Maine -- sometimes the vehicles for hire are just a farmer and his truck. Most commonly used by hiking parties trying to get to more isolated campgrounds or trails, which is how I know about them, but also by people who have mountain or lake cabins etc. or who are staying at more isolated inns. They'll arrange to have the driver pick them up where they are and take them to bus stop, train station, etc. or to a public location like a mall near where they're going.

She said "they" often, but she also said that she would "find the person" who did this.

i think that's the generic "they" people use instead of "he or she."

I just hope that if it ever comes out that Abby was somehow involved in her disappearance that people remember that she was a 14 year old child. Children don't always make the wisest choices.

I have felt and still feel that LE does not feel like they are getting satisfactory answers. There could be several reasons for that of course.

I wonder if Abby has a passport. Airports do not trace passports. I have a friend whose suspected her ex left the country to avoid child support and LE told her there was no way to trace passport usage, which I find strange. You would think that would be a thing now.

And her ex did leave the country and came back and then left again, undetected.

'She had a look in her eyes that I've never ever seen before': Abigail Hernandez's mother describes seeing her daughter for the first time after nine months missing as she quashes rumors the 15-year-old ran away because she was pregnant
Abigail Hernandez, 15, mysteriously returned to her North Conway, New Hampshire home, last Sunday to the joy of her family and the town
On Monday, her mother Zenya Hernandez spoke on the Today show to confront rumors surrounding her daughter's nine-month disappearance
She says Abigail was not pregnant and did not run away voluntarily
Mrs Hernandez added that she does not believe her daughter knew her abductor
The mother is now focusing on bringing the alleged captor to justice
Police have not yet been able to say publicly where she was during her disappearance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2708443/She-look-eyes-Ive-never-seen-Abigail-Hernandezs-mother-describes-seeing-daughter-time-nine-months-missing-quashes-rumors-15-year-old-ran-away-pregnant.html

I've been following this case since the beginning, just not posting much. First off, I am so happy Abigail has returned home. However, I am not convinced she is necessarily "found safe", a better subtitle for the thread might be "found alive." The poor girl, I'm getting the feeling that she has been through quite an ordeal. Zenya's comments on the Today show about her being thin and pale and a haunting look in her eyes. Abby's use of the word "released" and the media's use of the word abduction.

Sorry if this was already discussed, but it is the first time I am seeing this statement from the family that was posted on http://www.bringabbyhome.com/: “She is working to build her strength back and we hope soon she will be back on solid foods,” they said. And: “Abby is very thin and weak. We continue to work towards getting her to eat."

This Washington Post article was just published a few hours ago.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...teen-missing-for-months-she-did-not-run-away/

Yes, it's been discussed...the problem being that it directly contradicts what the AG statement was:

"Associate Attorney General Jane Young said Abby was in good condition. Experts said her safe return and good health indicate someone was, in some form or another, caring for her."

http://www.wcvb.com/news/photos-rele...#ixzz38XSyrhCv

In the still picture of Abby hugging her friend it appears that her shorts fit well and she doesn't appear obviously thin compared to the pictures I saw of her before she went missing IMO. I'm wondering if this weight loss/lack of eating has come since she got home and after that video was taken.

What type of nurse is Abigail's mom? (ICU, pediatrics, labor and delivery, CCU, psychiatric, surgical, office based…..) tia

From that link

Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, who on Monday morning told the Today Show that Abigail is not pregnant and did not run away from home, added that her daughter's health is the top concern.

“We are extremely and exceptionally straight out busy. Our number one priority is to address Abby's health and medical concerns. Our next, and equally important priority is to fully cooperate with the investigators,” Zenya Hernandez said.

“In the very few moments that we have away from the healthcare and law enforcement professionals, we try to spend some “normal” and happy time together.

“We literally have no time to sleep. Please know that we appreciate you and we thank people of this community, New Hampshire, the USA, and everywhere! Love, The Hernandez Family.”

My limited experience is that LE's assessment of anybody's health is, well, um, let's be generous and say they aren't medical professionals.

I think I've mentioned it before, but a while back when a neighbor's kid went missing for a couple of days (lost, not kidnapped) LE said the boy came back in good health, just a little dehydrated. Which was technically correct, I suppose, but he had to have IV fluids and several followup doctor visits for treatment of severe poison ivy and insect bites, and couldn't sleep for weeks because of severe nightmares.

So I wouldn't take Ms. Young's statement to mean anything more than that AH didn't have to be taken directly to the hospital.

My limited experience is that LE's assessment of anybody's health is, well, um, let's be generous and say they aren't medical professionals.

I think I've mentioned it before, but a while back when a neighbor's kid went missing for a couple of days (lost, not kidnapped) LE said the boy came back in good health, just a little dehydrated. Which was technically correct, I suppose, but he had to have IV fluids and several followup doctor visits for treatment of severe poison ivy and insect bites, and couldn't sleep for weeks because of severe nightmares.

So I wouldn't take Ms. Young's statement to mean anything more than that AH didn't have to be taken directly to the hospital.

Well, when "experts" are said to have offered up that her health was good enough to indicate she'd been sheltered and fed, I tend to assume those are medical experts (who are typically consulted upon the return of missing kids). The AG's office is expert at legal opinion, not medical opinion.

Again, it seems purposefully vague wording has been employed to sidestep any specific medical questions, though.

I haven't posted on this thread brefore, but have been reading here for awhile. The term "released" used in the quote from Abigail made sense to me. She was taken by someone, held against her will and by some circumstance (albeit unusual and miraculous) she was released. I think (IMO) we can take that to mean that she did not escape but that someone had a change of heart. Perhaps the case had gotten too much attention. Most likely, we wil never know. I just hope that isn't true. I hope that in time more will be known that will lead to solving this and the arrests of those responsible. What other cases/disappearances could this perpetrator be linked to? Or is it isolated? I also think that it is possible that AH might not clearly remember some things. Was she drugged/blindfolded/ears plugged in certain circumstances to keep her from picking up on details? Whatever the cause, she just might need time to communicate what she's been through. She must be scared. I would be scared they might come back. This could be reason enough to be slow to talk. JMO.

I would think if she were that ill she would have been hospitalized. Perhaps she was and they are keeping that quiet. I'm wondering when the video was taken of her in the shorts meeting up with the friend. She's obviously not in too bad of physical shape in the video. MOO

Life is stranger than fiction. The man in the sketch has not done anything like this before thus the release. This isn't the garden variety abductor which is why nothing makes sense in the way we are accustomed. Thank God for that! It was sweet to see her greet her friend. Get well soon, Abbe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3