GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This past week is why I continue to visit Websleuths. While we see a lot of unsolved mysteries & not so happy endings, within the past seven days, young Abby was brought home alive & her abductor arrested. Under the circumstances, we couldn't have asked for anything more. What an incredible, strong girl Abby is.

How could she possibly walk home from his house, especially in her condition? His city is about an hour from her hometown.

Did someone give her a ride home?

It was reported earlier in the week that Abbie had been dropped off near where she disappeared. As I understood it.

It must be ok not to report this type of crime in that state! The article implies the neighbors knew he was holding her captive in the container. How is it possible to know something like this is going on and not report it?!

I don't think the neighbor meant they knew at the time that she was there. It sounds more like they know now that she must have been there then. (I hope that made sense. My logic-brain has not been working well today :P)

After Abby's release the ordeal of Colleen Stan came to my mind. I considered Abby might have been kept in similar circumstances. I believe as info is released, it will be the same sort of captivity. Thankfully it did not last as long as Colleen's seven years. As far as clothing; she may been kept without other clothing or maybe wearing his or sheets/blankets the entire time.

Either way, so glad she is home now.

I believe a neighbor/friend of Abby's family told the media she was held in the shipping container, not a neighbor/friend of his.

I doubt they knew before today that she was held in a shipping container. If they did then they need to be arrested ASAP!

I think they just saw LE searching it and pulling out evidence, possibly even took a peek inside from afar, and put two and two together.

I agree so agree!!!

Saw a Boston clip that there will be a police news conf. tomorrow. Looks like things are coming together. Stay Strong Abagail!

Is it possible that LE released an incorrect description to throw off the offender? Or misleading now that they aren't looking for any more suspects? The description Abby gave and LE not looking for anyone else just doesn't mesh with me.

I, too, was wondering if LE released the sketch with obvious differences from this perp so as to create a false sense of security in the perp...

and so that he could be surveilled with minimal fear of exposure...

:waitasec:

I don't see where it says "a Hernandez neighbor and friend" anywhere. I only see from "sources". Maybe I'm missing it but it was HIS neighbor talking in the video.

I dunno. I tend to think the sketch was the best Abby could give in her traumatized state. Perhaps he was heavier when she was first taken. I wonder if he kept poor Abby drugged as well. I think this already had a false sense of security due to the fact Abby was returned and alive. Thankfully. IMO

According to WMUR 11pm news, Kibby was sentenced in court last week for trespassing. Not sure if he plead guilty or was found guilty. Sentence included year on probation. If violated terms, he'd serve jail time. There were 2 victims. WMUR interviewed one victim, TS, who said she was not surprised at today's arrest.

WMUR did not have it up on their site yet when I checked. Now that it has been broadcast, I expect it will be posted online.

I wonder if the upcoming court date and the possibility of jail time played a part in Abigail's release. I agree with the poster who said he seems misogynist and likely considers himself a good, moral man. So he had to release her rather than allow her to die while he was in jail.

I know LE has not confirmed the shipping container story but it sure makes the pieces of the story come together. No wonder her mother described her as pale. And that haunting look she had. I can only imagine her mom's reaction to her homecoming......extreme joy, horror, wonder, relief, protecting, fear (of perps return), and a million more emotions all at the same time.
I know we don't know details of her confinement, but I'll bet just as her family needed support during her absence, they will need it now more than ever to help her heal.

Oh, my!! I haven't read a word yet (and can't wait to do so) but I have to say how absolutely happy I am for everyone, especially Abby, that she has been found. My mind is reeling! So, so happy!!!

Where have you been? You were a daily presence for months and somehow missed all the excitement!

According to WMUR 11pm news, Kibby was sentenced in court last week for trespassing. Not sure if he plead guilty or was found guilty. Sentence included year on probation. If violated terms, he'd serve jail time. There were 2 victims. WMUR interviewed one victim, TS, who said she was not surprised at today's arrest.

WMUR did not have it up on their site yet when I checked. Now that it has been broadcast, I expect it will be posted online.

I wonder if the upcoming court date and the possibility of jail time played a part in Abigail's release. I agree with the poster who said he seems misogynist and likely considers himself a good, moral man. So he had to release her rather than allow her to die while he was in jail.

Two victims of what? Another girl was there with Abby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj