GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's another thing that is so puzzling to me, if she took the power line path to the right off eagles way ( the school road- school property) she would end up far over near Redstone....way off direct route home. Have no idea what is up with that info. Had to maybe be a student that reported that. Redstone behind Walmart on Eastman rd.

I wonder if they found her book bag/back pack, like they did with Sierra? Reason I ask is they just said to be on the lookout for her phone. Her bag was never mentioned nor was the striped sweater/jacket.

And that's another thing that is so puzzling to me, if she took the power line path to the right off eagles way ( the school road- school property) she would end up far over near Redstone....way off direct route home. Have no idea what is up with that info. Had to maybe be a student that reported that. Redstone behind Walmart on Eastman rd.

If she crossed the Field Hockey fields from school, walked a short distance NW on Eagle's Way, then turned right on the path into the woods that leads to the powerlines, then turned left onto the Powerlines Easement/(possible) Powerlines Trail and followed that NW (I have the previous on my map, as indicated by LE), it would put her to walk a short distance North on Eagle's Way to cross 302 onto North South Road, past the Walmart, Mountain Valley Boulevard and the Settler's Green entrance, as FBI has indicated is possible.

Thanks! So the rotary is actually the roundabout/circle on the road, not the Rotary Club? LOL!!! No wonder I was confused. I have never heard it called a rotary.

Someone is going to have to shoot me, can not find (3) on the bing map???where she was last SEEN walking.

Ok, 3 must be video shot in school...walking out. Don't shoot.

Someone is going to have to shoot me, can not find (3) on the bing map???where she was last SEEN walking.

If you click on 3 on the Legend, it will show up. It is the yellow line from the Field Hockey fields, along Eagle's Way and into the woods to the Powerlines.

I was just thinking.... if Abigail was approached by a stranger, and she appears to be in good physical condition, wouldn't she have run? Or would she have been stunned and tried to be polite? Do kids that age have the built in 'danger alert' yet?

In the Sierra LaMar case in CA, there was a lot of discussion about the possibility that her abductor might have used a taser to quickly subdue Sierra. Sierra was walking to her bus stop and likely texting while walking so it seemed to be a viable theory that her attacker could have caught her by surprise and either grabbed her from behind or tased her.

I really wish these kids wouldn't text while walking. It leaves them completely vulnerable as they are paying no attention to their surroundings.

If you click on 3 on the Legend, it will show up. It is the yellow line from the Field Hockey fields, along Eagle's Way and into the woods to the Powerlines.

That sighting might be from someone on a schoolbus ?????...

I agree. Maybe the unconfirmed sightings on No/So road will remain just that: unconfirmed. If she took the path off of Eagle's Way and crossed over Eastman near Redstone and the wooded area behind Walmart, that might be the area of the abdication (of course, only IF she was abducted). I could see the timeline working with that theory. She was walking, lolly-gagging, texting and ended up over there around 2:53pm.

That sighting might be from someone on a schoolbus ?????...

I cannot find the report, but someone said they were walking behind her from school, when she turned right to the Powerline Trail.

IMO, the person meant that she turned right from Eagle's Way, onto the wooded trail to the Powerlines, while this person continued up Eagle's Way. JMO, but that is how interpreted their comments.

I've woke up today and the first thing on my mind is Abby, and I have lost all hope she ran away on her own accord, even though that hope was small I still hoped. I do not think a 15 year old girl would switch off her phone, and not turn it back on again to check something, not an Iphone 5, I have one, not using it is like missing a limb. Not even if she was knowledgeable enough to turn off the location services and GPS, I don't think she would be aware that turning the phone on would ping, in 7 days she would have turned it on, even for just a minute to check, I'm sure of it.

Somewhere there is a photo from the first 2 days , that shows LE at night searching a wooded path. And another photo during daylight hours that shows an LE vehicle parked on an up incline., think this might be the path we are talking about right now.....the yellow line.

LE would be off Eastman rd. Can someone find it? It would be from around the same time we saw lt.blue condo cordoned off, if that helps.

Now I remember with Siera her mobile was thrown in a field and have been thinking about other cases but none spring to mind......... have there been any cases where a perp has used a mobile to taunt LE? Or set them off on the wrong path?

Shoot me down if it's a 'way out' theory but if someone was say turning on Abigail#s iphone on there lunch break walking around and getting pleasure out of looking at texts and it was pinging then turning it off before walking back to work. This couldn't really be pin pointed could it? If it was on the move for a tiny part of the day.

If it was put on briefly and read and turned off again. So maybe thats why they mentioned the phone and the case. Though any perp i guess with any clue would have binned the cover maybe. Hmmmmmm.

I took a closer look at the cell towers this morning. According to one website, SBA Communications manages them. It turns out SBA has their own maps; they manage or own all four towers in town, including two at the mountain and one tower right behind the school. This further leads me to believe that if she was getting reception from a tower on Cranmore Mtn and her spot couldn't be pinpointed (for example, she wasn't getting signal from the other SBA tower south of the school), then she had to be much farther north than she could have walked. The tower near the school is just so much closer to everywhere she would have been.

ddhv7o.png

Somewhere there is a photo from the first 2 days , that shows LE at night searching a wooded path. And another photo during daylight hours that shows an LE vehicle parked on an up incline., think this might be the path we are talking about right now.....the yellow line.

LE would be off Eastman rd. Can someone find it?

I know which photo you are referring to. If you take the yellow line and continue it past the powerlines to Eastman, where it comes out on Eastman, is where the photo was taken. I will add it back to the map.

It's also invaluable with elderly people as well. My mother in law doesn't have dementia, but she can lose her bearings from time to time while out on her morning walk and then panic and get lost. We were able to quickly find her once when she called and told us she'd gotten "turned around" again. Wish we could have a smaller version for dog collars! I have one that's a runner and so hate spending the morning searching for him.

OT:

They do have one for dogs!! My friend uses one because he has a hound that loves to roam/hunt. Pinpoint accuracy on it. Shows up on his phone. I'll ask him the name.

ETA: Tagg.com

I took a closer look at the cell towers this morning. According to one website, SBA Communications manages them. It turns out SBA has their own maps; they manage or own all four towers in town, including two at the mountain and one tower right behind the school. This further leads me to believe that if she was getting reception from a tower on Cranmore Mtn and her spot couldn't be pinpointed (for example, she wasn't getting signal from the other SBA tower south of the school), then she had to be much farther north than she could have walked. The tower near the school is just so much closer to everywhere she would have been.

ddhv7o.png

Yes, I believe that you are correct, which is why the FBI Search Area extends further north and west of the Cranmore Mountain Cell Towers than we were originally thinking that they were searching.

Now I remember with Siera her mobile was thrown in a field and have been thinking about other cases but none spring to mind......... have there been any cases where a perp has used a mobile to taunt LE? Or set them off on the wrong path?

Shoot me down if it's a 'way out' theory but if someone was say turning on Abigail#s iphone on there lunch break walking around and getting pleasure out of looking at texts and it was pinging then turning it off before walking back to work. This couldn't really be pin pointed could it? If it was on the move for a tiny part of the day.

If it was put on briefly and read and turned off again. So maybe thats why they mentioned the phone and the case. Though any perp i guess with any clue would have binned the cover maybe. Hmmmmmm.

bbm

Holly Bobo (and Holly is still missing 2.5 years later :()

Liltexans given that holly wasnt found how did the taunt happen in that case and could it be similar in this? Just thinking around the mobile issue as it seems highlighted by LE maybe......

I want a find my kid app. :(
****RANT****
This is so sad, and happens too often!!! What a sick world we live in when you can't walk home from school safely, you can't go get gas and be expected to return home (Alexis Murphy), and on, and on, and on! It's not right!! Evil lurks everywhere!!! Makes me wanna grab my kids and keep 'em home forever and ever! :( It's extremely sad when my husband even sees the risks, and bought a can of pepper spray for my daughter and I. Not that anyone would want me.... but my daughter they would! I'd be in jail, cause if I found the perp, I'd kill 'em. Don't mess with the kids and don't mess with the elderly, and don't mess with the animals!!!

Sorry, I'm just sick. This awful sinking sick feeling. Please let my meter be broken. Please let Abigail be OK.

You're right Hope ! I think we all feel the same way. When I first came to ws I mostly clicked on small children cases, toddlers and younger. Then I started to see a rash of older girls, around the age of my own girl. Any one of them could be a classmate and I began clicking on them all, just hoping ONE would turn up ok . There are many unique factors facing this age group that 20 or 30 yrs ago was not too much of an issue. The way most of society views a young teen girl is not what it was when I was that age. They are viewed more as young ladies than they are older CHILDREN. They have freedoms many of us did not at that age, internet, cells, constant contact with 100s if not 1000s of people , many of whom are strangers or friends of friends, etc., but not actual contacts. Many of them are ' dating' which very few girls that age did in my day. ( this is in NO way an accusatory statement towards abby's bf, this is a general statement of girls this age ) Now to the sick MOTHERF***ERS of the world. There are men of say 17 to 20 ish , who would not think dating a girl of 14 or 15 is ' perverse'. You all know it is true. True with older adult men who know they are probably ' too young' but they look older. Well YEAH! They do! Today's girls wear way more makeup and way less clothing than at any time in history ( this is not directed at Abby at all, again only a general statement) Then there are probably pervs who know an older girl will be too much of a challenge to trick, catch, manipulate, contain so they go for the younger , less experienced, less mature, less coping skills,etc. Also at this age girls are just beginning to be flirty ( some/most) and just beginning to talk with the boys and giving attention to males in general but that is a far cry from wanting to become someones' sex slave and yet the sick mind will take any bit of attention , even just a smile , as some kind of major come on. I find this is a HIGHLY vulnerable age group and it's sad and it's sickening . I will be so relieved when my girl is an adult. That will have its own challenges I am aware. But the risk groups just follow the kids until they are grown !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0