GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still kind of wondering why they got help from mass instead of Maine with how close Maine was...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

The link I posted to SAU 9 says he is maintenance. I can't see him counting kids getting on the bus. He could have been outside working, but that is pretty good observation skills to notice her, in particular out of all those kids, two days in a row if he were out there doing a maintenance job. IMVHO of course.

I am surmising the real person of interest lives near Cranmore, lucky one.

I'm still kind of wondering why they got help from mass instead of Maine with how close Maine was...

My guess is that it's a question of resources, not proximity. Mass has a much larger pupolation and, therefore, a much larger State Cop budget and equipment, etc.

I think it's much simpler than that. When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras. I think FBI and SS were involved, as well as the whole story that she made it home before being reported missing were because they assumed the mother had something to do with Abigail's disappearance. The first thought is to look close to home when a situation like this occurs, and given how cold and offhand they were with Mom at the first two press conferences, the fact that they didn't let her talk to reporters or make a statement or plea for her daughter to return and the fact that she had been kept at the pd for hours (most likely being questioned) leads me to believe they were putting pressure on Mom. When they finally were able to prove to themselves that Mom was in no way connected to the disappearance, then they let us all know that Abigail had never made it home. I also think they've pinged her phone to a 150ft location, but they can't hone in on it, that's why they were checking those businesses they checked with. I'd like to know what businesses those were because that would tell us where she likely was taken from. Just another quick thought, is the Dunkin Donuts one of the doors LE went knocking on?

I think it's even simpler than that

SS involvement for their high tech technology skills

it would have been quite easy for them to clear Abigail's mother of involvement if she was at work

We have a lot more resources in MA than they do in ME.

I'm expecting our wifi cord to be cut any minute now, lol, but our gov over here in Maine is sorta nutty. And....we are a poor state, nh does know about us though!

I wonder if the involvement on the Federal level had to do with the gov't shutdown? Putting FBI/SS in to keep them working?

The thought entered my mind at that time. The only reason I would think differently now is the scenario/theory about her father being targeted. But, yes, that could be?

I'm far from this area but have been reading and looking at the maps and I'm ignorant to this area and the life here but where I am from it seems she had a long walk home. Is it normal for children to walk home ? Where I am at I wouldn't allow my child to walk from school unless it was across the street, just seems strange to me but I know things are different here in the west. All JMO.

I hope Abigail is found and found safe and soon.

Great map, lucky one, as another poster mentioned that red roof old ski lodge near the path outlet is no longer there. It was torn down maybe 2-3 years ago. There is a stockade fence around that retention pond. We travel past that on Eastman rd, but I have never walked there,

Yes they did. Couldn't sell it "as is" so decided the land would sell better without the buildings. Shame. I always liked it. It started out as housing for the granite cutters at Redstone. I always smiled at the colors.....so NOT New England lol.

I never walked out there either but often saw the track team practicing, coming in and out near there.

I am surmising the real person of interest lives near Cranmore, lucky one.

Maybe yes, maybe no. That would be on the way to Hurricane Mt. Road which could take them up to Chatham and ultimately back around to Fryeburg, Center Conway etc and would bypass much of the Fryeburg Fair traffic. Or simply on the way to Bartlett, Jackson etc. KWIM? The fact that her phone pinged off that tower 14 minutes after she was last seen tells me she was in a car heading that direction but there are multiple ways out of town from there if you know the roads. And there was no activity on her phone after that point.

The ROs in that area, without naming them, do we know what their convictions were?

Lucky, we travel the hurricane rd sometimes, if someone (not alive) was dumped there on the mountainside they may not be found for a long time. Can you imagine doing a grid search there? Impossible. That road is closed soon. There is a hiking trail at the top and a parking lot. The blowdown from the ice storm years ago is still so awful and ugly at that spot.

I think we would be wise to consider where Abigail was truly going? Was she meeting someone?

Think that mom probably does not get home from work until after 7pm....so this gives Abigail time, each day that her mom works, to veer off her regular walking path. Maybe she thought she would go to a friend's house....or she would shop....or she would meet up with someone. Mom would never know as long as Abigail was home by 7ish.

I think its obvious Abigail met with some type of foul play....or an accident. In my experience, with 4 kids who are now grown, teens fly by the seat of their pants most of time. They up and decide to do something completely stupid thinking mom and dad will not know.

Lucky, we travel the hurricane rd sometimes, if someone (not alive) was dumped there on the mountainside they may not be found for a long time. Can you imagine doing a grid search there? Impossible. That road is closed soon. There is a hiking trail at the top and a parking lot. The blowdown from the ice storm years ago is still so awful and ugly at that spot.

Oh, I remember. Not my first choice for a daily commute (when open), but I knew of a business owner in Fryeburg who lived north of North Conway and they took Hurricane Mt. road as long as it was open. Said it was prettier and less traffic (bad for the blood pressure though IMO).

I'm not implying she was dumped on Hurricane Mt. Road but that IF abducted, the abductor could have taken that road to get far, far away from the areas they are actively searching.

Did she always turns off and walk alone? Or was this unusual for her?
If this was not her routine, I feel like she had an arranged meeting. But if so, why no phone or computer record of it? How would it have been arranged?

Oh, I remember. Not my first choice for a daily commute (when open), but I knew of a business owner in Fryeburg who lived north of North Conway and they took Hurricane Mt. road as long as it was open. Said it was prettier and less traffic (bad for the blood pressure though IMO).

I'm not implying she was dumped on Hurricane Mt. Road but that IF abducted, the abductor could have taken that road to get far, far away from the areas they are actively searching.

And IF the abductor lived on Cranmore Mtn.?

Skidoo

I'm pretty sure I know what you are getting at ohoh.....I just don't agree. JMO....

I think that was the closest tower to her cell phone at that point in time. But you would pass that tower going to anywhere north, doesn't have to be Cranmore.

photo.php

I was just thinking.... if Abigail was approached by a stranger, and she appears to be in good physical condition, wouldn't she have run? Or would she have been stunned and tried to be polite? Do kids that age have the built in 'danger alert' yet?

I think a big issue is that society tells girls/women that they need to be polite, that they can't do anything to make people see them as a b*tch. For example, let's say a girl is walking and a guy in a car, asks her with help for directions. I bet a lot of girls would approach because they don't want to be seen as being rude. It's not that they are completely naive, and don't think anyone will hurt them. It's more that they are raised in a society that tells them to do what they are told.

O/T: Completely agree with you regarding Life360. I too used it for my teen son and I and it would often show us in places we never were. I believe Life360 is much like "pings." It's showing within miles of where the person is, not the actual location. When you're looking at the screen, a large blue circle will show up around the person you're looking at. It's showing you that they're WITHIN distance of that point and I think it means that is the tower their phone is "pinging" off at the time. Sometimes it would show us precisely at home, other times it would show us within 15 feet of home, depending on what room we were in, in the house (there are 2 towers near us, so it depended which tower it was pinging from). I hope that made sense.

Life360 isn't awful for a free app, just not the most reliable, IMO. Lol, my beautiful teenage son received many a hounding and "WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU!? DON'T LIE TO ME, LOOK AT WHERE LIFE360 SHOWED YOU!" LOLOL! Poor child!

I haven't caught up yet, so forgive me if this is already mentioned....

I wonder if Abby had this app on her phone. Maybe mom didn't hear from Abby after school and at 3:07 accessed the Life360 app (or an app like it) which said she was near west cranmore. She didn't panic, but when she got home at 7 and no Abby, and no phone signal she called LE ASAP. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member