GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of those roads including the N-S rd. have a marked Bike lane on both sides of the road. It of course could also be used as a breakdown lane . So yes. Pulling over would not be an issue. The N-S has wide shoulders and much distance to the tree line. Cars park or pull off all the time.

Especially when they have seen a moose or a bear! Cars lined up on the side of the road with people out taking pictures. That was always what I expected when I saw cars pulled over.....

Maybe mom had been calling AH and her friends since 3 and new when she got home and AH hadnt been there that there was something way wrong.
That is 4 hours of mom worrying and calling ....

Shoot, I missed that. There goes my theory. :blushing:

Cant blame you for having that theory, media said search dogs tracked her scent to the home...:)

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/259770/2/Mother-appeals-to-friends-of-missing-girl-for-new-leads
Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennett High School around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon. Zenya Hernandez, Abigail's mother, says she suspects that her daughter did make it home before disappearing. Search dogs tracked her scent to the home, leading police to agree.

Think this is the first time (that I remember) that a mother of a missing child has asked "Have you seen any change in her/his behavior". This is why we are 'hovering' around these other possibilities. She must have a base for this question. Is the base for this question the reason she was reported missing within 17 minutes of her returning home? I think so.

Think this is the first time (that I remember) that a mother of a missing child has asked "Have you seen any change in her/his behavior". This is why we are 'hovering' around these other possibilities. She must have a base for this question. Is the base for this question the reason she was reported missing within 17 minutes of her returning home? I think so.

I thought it might have something to do with Abby befriending an older boy. . . Someone who drove, had access to a vehicle. . .

My theory on why mom called LE right away: there was something amiss in the house. What that was we don't know and won't know until LE releases the information. My reason to believe this is that the house was immediately cordoned with police tape, correct? I might be way off base, but those are my .02 :moo:

Re BBM above.....Is it confirmed that police put police tape around the house ?

If so, then something in the house must have indicated to them that the house was a crime scene ?

Maybe things thrown about and the house was ransacked or something along those lines. ?

Maybe mom had been calling AH and her friends since 3 and new when she got home and AH hadnt been there that there was something way wrong.
That is 4 hours of mom worrying and calling ....

This is exactly what I think. Four hours of no contact, combined with no signs of her coming home and an unsolved murder of Celina would equal fast action by Mom and LE, in my opinion.

Unlike the media most of asked the question of " Does the dog know which way the trail was coming/going to school even what day the dog was picking up ? "

El Wrongo again from JY .

I will not miss the pressers, we learned nothing. Am not a fan of Jane either, in boldly searching for something positive to say about her----her lip gloss was always perfect.

I will not miss the pressers, we learned nothing. Am not a fan of Jane either, in boldly searching for something positive to say about her----her lip gloss was always perfect.

:loveyou: Diplomacy prevails !~

MOO It's possible that her BF had tried texting her a few times, maybe even calling her and had gotten nothing, and the mom called him and he immediately said "no she hasn't responded since after school!". I would call the cops ASAP too, if that were the case.

This is a red flag for me but for a different reason, I think because of my background. It stands out but not in the same way, definitely stands out to me as something law enforcement asks as SOP, which is where I theorize the mother got the question from, particularly if early reports per the FBI scripting/controlling the mom's dialogue are accurate. I believe it comes from LE and from a place of their not knowing because it is one of the first questions you ask in a case where you have a huge unknown like this, it's one of the first steps of decent CIA (Criminal Investigative Analysis).

LOL!!! Love this!!! And hell, that can be an accomplishment! I often stare at stars wondering how theirs stays so perfect. :).
Back on topic- she must really be feeling the heat and I do not envy her position. She is truly "damned if she does, damned if she doesn't" in this case.

:scared: F&G - call made. JY - no call made, F&G statement not correct.
Abby made it home - Abby did not make it home. :scared: :tantrum: me thinks JY likes being on tv

Forgot to add: Yesterday it was do not call Abby's mom. Today Abby's mom encouraging people to continue to call. ?

This is exactly what I think. Four hours of no contact, combined with no signs of her coming home and an unsolved murder of Celina would equal fast action by Mom and LE, in my opinion.

JMO...I think it must have been something more to make the Mom and LE react so quickly. It just seems like the Mom knew she was missing as soon as she got home. So, thinking something in that house gave her the indication. If nothing physical in the house, then maybe even a phone message on the home phone or something along those lines.

I always thought there had to be a 24 hour period before someone can even be declared a missing person, so with the way things got put in motion so quickly....I just keep thinking there had to be something else in that house that gave the Mom a final realization that she was gone. Not sure what that would be though., but bet LE knows.

MOO It's possible that her BF had tried texting her a few times, maybe even calling her and had gotten nothing, and the mom called him and he immediately said "no she hasn't responded since after school!". I would call the cops ASAP too, if that were the case.

Absolutely. But, they seemed to rule out she had run away very quickly, or so it would seem.

JMO...I think it must have been something more to make the Mom and LE react so quickly. It just seems like the Mom knew she was missing as soon as she got home. So, thinking something in that house gave her the indication. If nothing physical in the house, then maybe even a phone message on the home phone or something along those lines.

I always thought there had to be a 24 hour period before someone can even be declared a missing person, so with the way things got put in motion so quickly....I just keep thinking there had to be something else in that house that gave the Mom a final realization that she was gone. Not sure what that would be though., but bet LE knows.

The 24-hour rule is almost obsolete and never applies with minors much anymore.
Maybe Mom knew, or had a feeling, that Abigail knew some "iffy" people, or had been making contacts online. Maybe she saw her social media and thought it was dangerous.
I do not feel there obvious signs of a crime, since LE has not really come out and said an abduction has taken place.
JMO

Are there any abandoned barns or structures like that near the last ping w/i 5 miles in any direction? I know that's a tall order to fill. :)

Hi, everyone. I've been reading this thread for the last few days and finally decided to join and post. My parents live near the area currently being searched in North Conway and I'm very familiar with the area, which is why I've been following Abigail's disappearance.

I know SurfieTX asked the question above of Danak, but I thought I'd try to help answer it. Mount Cranmore (where the cell tower is located) is very close to the center of the village of North Conway, next to a nice, rural residential area (so not a lot of run-down homes), but there are many stores, homes, condo developments and inns within a 5-mile radius. I didn't notice any abandoned barns or structures near Cranmore the last time I was there a few days ago. Some homes are vacation getaways or are kept as seasonal rentals, so they aren't always occupied.

I hope my answer was helpful :)

Edited to add: The area around Mount Cranmore is a forest with many hiking/cross-country trails, which makes it an even more difficult place to try to find someone. I've been thinking about the leaves falling from the trees in the past week, and how they could have covered up a phone or other clues that could help in the search. I hope some clues are found soon.

Maybe he is remarried and has other children and he doesn't want his family dragged into this.

Dragged I to what? His daughter is missing what harm can
Come from ppl knowing your daughter is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3