GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I just voice what has been going through my head the past couple of days?: THIS CASE IS SO CONFUSING.

If her phone pinged for the last time then, it's possible it was still on with no service. If I keep my iphone in the lifeproof case I have in my pocket, in a town with really spotty service, I basically get no service in my pocket. I usually carry my phone in my hand when in small towns so I can get some reception. Of course, that could be my crappy service provider...

We have yet to hear the obligatory, "We have identified and contacted all 18 RSO's in the surrounding vicinity" and blah, blah, blah. Humph!

Wait. how in the world do they know she is separated from her phone? If they have not found her, and they have not found the phone, how can they know this? What the heck am I missing?

Wait. how in the world do they know she is separated from her phone? If they have not found her, and they have not found the phone, how can they know this? What the heck am I missing?

Good point, AZ!

Going by today's presser...

If AH never stopped by home after school on the day she disappeared...

then I am even more curious why the home was cordoned off by LE so quickly after her disappearance...

:waitasec:

then I am even more curious why the home was cordoned off by LE so quickly after her disappearance...

Because of all the cases where this wasn't done and it ends up a crime was committed there. jmo

The wording JY used when asking local businesses to watch/look for the iPhone; kind of, I don't know the word I'm looking for. It was kind of weird. Why ask them to check only their lost and found? I understand the actual reasoning, don't get me wrong. I'm just not sure why she wouldn't expand on it and ask them to check their dumpsters for the phone as well as Abby's backpack (if she carried one) (presuming she truly didn't make it home), etc. The belongings she might have with her if she never made it home, those are never mentioned...why?

ETA: Backpack, bag, purse, whatever it is she carried.

I think LE already had all the dumpsters out and searched them, I'm sure one of the media posted photos of them.

Although of course someone could have dumped items much later.

So after a week they finally tell the public she was on north/south road and never made it home. I just have to rant again and say if they had made that information public maybe someone might have remembered seeing a young girl walking on the side of the road that day. Because people thought she made it home they would have dismissed a person walking that far away on the side of the road.
Okay, rant done, we all know how I feel about it but I just had to say it. So she was travelling at some point on n/s road and her last phone connection was west of cranmore mountain. Kind of begs the question as to whether or not she was picked up by someone she knew and where would she have been going? Are there any locals on here that know of a place teens go up there to have a joint or drink in that area? Could she have been planning to meet bf there? Was she meeting someone else there? Two days before her birthday, had someone told her they had a gift for her?

BBM I'm totally baffled by why the confusion as to whether Abby made it home or not. Wasn't it said to be confirmed by the Mother on NG last night that Abby did make it home?

Phone call/no phone call
She made it home/she didn't make it home
Aye, aye, aye!!! Maddening!

Please be safe, Abby...so many people are pulling for you!

It's very confusing because of the conflicting information.

Link to transcript from last night's NG:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1310/15/ng.01.html

I just listened to tonight's presser and don't think I've seen this brought up, but I could have missed it. The FBI guy said that her known route home when she sometimes walked has been verified by friends and security cameras along that same route. However he said nothing about it being verified by either the day she disappeared. Only unconfirmed. I'm thinking she didn't make it far from school at all.

They're saying they can't confirm it, like they can't confirm the North/South sightings. As I said in the previous thread, I believe that cordoning off and treating the home like a crime scene unless there is absolute evidence to the contrary should be standard procedure. At least then you have eliminated one possibility... and no innocent family could object if LE searches the home and rules them out, surely?

So after a week they finally tell the public she was on north/south road and never made it home. I just have to rant again and say if they had made that information public maybe someone might have remembered seeing a young girl walking on the side of the road that day. Because people thought she made it home they would have dismissed a person walking that far away on the side of the road.
Okay, rant done, we all know how I feel about it but I just had to say it. So she was travelling at some point on n/s road and her last phone connection was west of cranmore mountain. Kind of begs the question as to whether or not she was picked up by someone she knew and where would she have been going? Are there any locals on here that know of a place teens go up there to have a joint or drink in that area? Could she have been planning to meet bf there? Was she meeting someone else there? Two days before her birthday, had someone told her they had a gift for her?

Cranmore parking lot during the day would be a great place for teen hijinks . Random cars parked everywhere some occupied. Quiet end of town . I dont know what a "joint" is .

I don't know if I believe what they're releasing anymore. The fact that a Fish and Game officer was named and confirmed a phone call, and they went back on that and said that the call never happened; the fact that they said she possibly came home/changed clothes and then mom came home and called police so fast, yet she may never had made it home; the fact that the phone was last known to be with her but now they think it's separate... this doesn't make any sense.

Good Lord! This couldn't have been confirmed for the public 7 days ago, when people's memories were fresher than they are now?

How busy is the area where she would have been walking? If there is surveillance, then it shows her walking past during previous days but not the day of her disappearance?

I will say this about the iPhone. I love it. But it sucks battery life like crazy. I have to charge mine daily...and that's with easy to moderate use. Perhaps Abby's phone died just after 3:07?

They're saying they can't confirm it, like they can't confirm the North/South sightings. As I said in the previous thread, I believe that cordoning off and treating the home like a crime scene unless there is absolute evidence to the contrary should be standard procedure. At least then you have eliminated one possibility... and no innocent family could object if LE searches the home and rules them out, surely?

I totally agree with you...

I would just like to know why LE made that decision so quickly in this case...(since it doesn't seem to be SOP to do it so rapidly)...

JMO

I can't access Abby's FB anymore. Any one else have this issue?

WMUR has posted a slide show timeline, http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/ph...nway/-/9857858/22366734/-/ravte1/-/index.html

I think the roadblocks were setup around the same time Abby would've been walking home. So maybe they were there to question people who drive that road as part of their daily routine at that time? Hence the one today, maybe if they were driving North/south road last Wednesday at this time they may have seen something, or done something I suppose.

why are businesses being asked to look in their lost and found items for her phone? How did this even come to be asked? How can they possibly know she is not with her phone? I can not imagine a scenario that would tell them this that doesn't include finding one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee