GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the school security camera shot, she is carrying the phone, and she was texting with it as she walked. So, since no one ever saw HER again, how could they, why would they, think her phone was laying around somewhere to be found by someone? Figure that out if you can; I cannot. But I think it's a most important thing.

If the phone is not pinging at all this would make sense (to ask business, people, etc to be on the look out for it), investigators may very well not know if she has it with her or not and therefore are hopeful that some how, it's ended up in a location that can give them some clues as to what happened to her. Lost items have a way of making it to strange places, this seems like a way of law enforcement covering their bases while having the public keep their eyes open. If it's any clue at all, perhaps it a clue that LE feels whoever was last with Abigail or has her was in or near one of the stores in the area and thus, could have left her phone behind, however, since a grid search didn't turn it up and searches of water didn't turn it up, I am inclined to believe that it is a measure to try and find it since it isn't pinging.

*ETA- I do not think LE is speaking between the lines with asking businesses to check their lost and found, I think they are grasping at straws to find any and everything they can which is not good, to state the obvious.

Amanda reckon, please put up your most recent map, hurry....lol

I'm not AR but here's the map Plumeria linked with A and B points:

Conway1_zpsc702cae1.jpg

I think something very ominous was shown on the FBI map at the presser last night. Search area has been expanded past Cranmore mt. To...up around hurricane Mtn. Rd. If she has been disposed of there or hurriedly buried ..then animals will be the first to find her.
Do not want my hands slapped....Cranmore mt area, skidoo rd, who lives there?

Oh, no! i had only seen the screen shot of that map and the search area was too difficult to discern. However, I was looking at Google maps last night and thinking, if she was abducted, and the perp was heading North through Cranmore/Kearsarge, where would be the most logical and local dump site. Hurricaine Mountain Rd and the Conway Common Lands State Forest are the obvious choices. It's a vast, dense forest there.

I've changed my mind at this point, and agree with other posters: LE has no idea what happened to Abby. They are desperate, grasping at straws, throwing any and everything against the wall, hoping SOMETHING will stick.

I believe, had Abby left on her own- just ran away for some reason or another- I do not think at 14 she'd have the ability and wit to outsmart the local police, Secret Service, FBI, K-9s and everyone else who has been combing this area in an effort to find her. Not for 7 days.

Someone took her, and either got very, very lucky not to have left any clues at all behind, or they planned this in advance, and were very thorough. I feel sick.

OR... it might be like in the Alexis Murphy case. They knew where the phone last pinged, but couldn't locate it at first. They finally did, though sadly still don't have Alexis. So maybe it's showing the phone is in that area, BUT, they can't physically search each store, and it's inventory to find it.

Well, back to square one. What difference does it make if they have the darn phone? They can get all the information that is on the phone through the phone company! Soooo, as I said in the Murphy case, why did they HAVE to have the phone? Though her phone was found at the perp's place of residence....

BBM Interesting. Something weird to note is that even find my iphone, with data + wifi + gps and a phone turned on with a charge, could not locate my phone correctly, it was about 50 feet off (behind my house). Maybe they're looking in the wrong place for the phone and that's why they asked for the public's help?

I wonder, if someone was trying to hide her phone at a business and it pinged there -- *if* this is what happened -- then MOO, they should be checking rooftops or behind dumpsters/bottoms of trash cans under the liners. Somewhere hidden in plain sight.

I'm not AR but here's the map Plumeria linked with A and B points:

Conway1_zpsc702cae1.jpg

You see, that's the sticky wicket for me, IF she was going home - shortest traveled , easiest way. Would be cutting thru settlers green.

Do not think she would walk past settlers green to get home, no sidewalk available on no/so rd. after settlers green, and do not think she ever WALkED up to Cranmore ever-ever.
Driven up there ....yes. Wouldn't a kid take the shortest way , shortcuts when walking that long distance to get home from school ? Am just guessing, wondering.

why are businesses being asked to look in their lost and found items for her phone? How did this even come to be asked? How can they possibly know she is not with her phone? I can not imagine a scenario that would tell them this that doesn't include finding one or the other.

I'm still trying to catch up from overnight, so please forgive me if this has already been said. I think the request for businesses to look for the phone might indicate that LE have nothing on this case. It is a sign that they are desperate for solid leads. If the phone is found in some lost and found box, they could possibly go to security video and trace back how and where the phone was found. It's a long shot.

We use Life360, as well, and I think it's great.

However, there have been some glitches. Once my daughter, who is 12, went to dinner with a new friend and her parents (whom I've never met). When it came time for her to be home and she wasn't here yet, I Life360'd her. It showed her in the middle of the lake near our home! I completely lost my marbles and considered (within about 2 seconds) of running to the lake (about 2 miles away) and jumping in to save her. Mind you it was the middle of winter, but, no matter. I tried very hard to be rational and kept updating her location. Within 2 minutes, her little dot was on dry land again and she was home within 5 minutes. Phew!

O/T: Completely agree with you regarding Life360. I too used it for my teen son and I and it would often show us in places we never were. I believe Life360 is much like "pings." It's showing within miles of where the person is, not the actual location. When you're looking at the screen, a large blue circle will show up around the person you're looking at. It's showing you that they're WITHIN distance of that point and I think it means that is the tower their phone is "pinging" off at the time. Sometimes it would show us precisely at home, other times it would show us within 15 feet of home, depending on what room we were in, in the house (there are 2 towers near us, so it depended which tower it was pinging from). I hope that made sense.

Life360 isn't awful for a free app, just not the most reliable, IMO. Lol, my beautiful teenage son received many a hounding and "WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU!? DON'T LIE TO ME, LOOK AT WHERE LIFE360 SHOWED YOU!" LOLOL! Poor child!

I want a find my kid app. :(
****RANT****
This is so sad, and happens too often!!! What a sick world we live in when you can't walk home from school safely, you can't go get gas and be expected to return home (Alexis Murphy), and on, and on, and on! It's not right!! Evil lurks everywhere!!! Makes me wanna grab my kids and keep 'em home forever and ever! :( It's extremely sad when my husband even sees the risks, and bought a can of pepper spray for my daughter and I. Not that anyone would want me.... but my daughter they would! I'd be in jail, cause if I found the perp, I'd kill 'em. Don't mess with the kids and don't mess with the elderly, and don't mess with the animals!!!

Sorry, I'm just sick. This awful sinking sick feeling. Please let my meter be broken. Please let Abigail be OK.

You see, that's the sticky wicket for me, IF she was going home - shortest traveled , easiest way. Would be cutting thru settlers green.

Do not think she would walk past settlers green to get home, no sidewalk available on no/so rd. after settlers green, and do not think she ever WALkED up to Cranmore ever-ever.
Driven up there ....yes. Wouldn't a kid take the shortest way , shortcuts when walking that long distance to get home from school ? Am just guessing, wondering.

Interesting.

If she walked through Settlers Green, it would be easier for cameras to have caught her somewhere, but it would also have been easier for someone she knew or someone she didn't know to stop near her and give her a ride or snatch her.

If they believed her phone was dropped there, then it would make sense to ask people to search around "businesses" aka that outlet mall.

The thing that makes me question this is that I slow down when I'm walking and texting. If there weren't sidewalks where she was, she likely would, too. If that's the case, she could have been closer to Walmart.

Map works fine for me, where (in relation to A and B) was the increased LE activity yesterday?

I find the lost and found phone request to be really strange as well. They're laying something down we're not picking up.

Ok, I may get snipped--hope not JMO thoughts and studying serial behavior. Yes, sorry I had to use the S word.

It is 1.97 miles of easy driving from her last point on the map to Cranmore.

Willingly or no she and her phone got there. Someone made that last transmission--Someone.

Without getting into detail about special analysis of a crime. My educated guess is that if she is no longer with us-God I hate saying that- She could be found within a 4 to 5 mile radius to the west of the original activity.

Perpetrators are intelligent, patient, cunning artist of their craft. But they all statistically repeat their behavior and that is why they are successful.

Everyone is looking for Abby and no one looking at many years of study that would lead to the perp.

We lead with our heart and not with the cold statistics.

I'm thinking that the authorities are aware of this valuable information.

Read J. Kent et a l/ compu., environ. and urban systems 30 (2006) . Not easy reading but very insightful.

My best and great respect to Abby, family and may LE be successful in their search.
:banghead: also, a question for local folks -is there an area in a 14 mile radius of this activity where the crime rate is very low?? Could indicate the home or visiting area of the perp.

Trying to find that 2Hope4....
What if someone said "so and so had a great sale on xyz" while at school that day. So she stopped in the store to window shop. If she tried on clothes, phone could have gotten left in a changing room. Or in a bathroom.

Doesn't tell us where Abigail is though.

BTW... her Dad has a fb now. Though I do NOT think him or his family had anything to do with this!!! They are all wanting answers as well.

The whole disappearing during broad daylight, during one of the busiest times of the day (school letting out) and we've seen the traffic on two days around that time frame... I just don't see how this is possible!!! So many people around.

And the route we 'thought' she took home... well... she didn't make it home, so therefore eliminate that route! Eliminate the phone call!

Just crazy. There's gotta be cameras at the shopping center... gotta be!!! So if she was seen at point A, and not at point B...then it would give an area of where she disappeared.

I cannot believe they waited a full week to tell us she didn't go home! UGH!!!

If LE wants people to have faith in them, they best start telling the truth! If a suspicious activity occurred, but people believed it couldn't have been about Abigail because she was at home during that time... well,... see how it could change things? And the people that were there for the fall foliage... bet they are gone now! So if they saw something, and figured "nah, couldn't be then"... well too late for that tip!

And if this had been a family member or friend changing the story, our 'hinky meters' would be exploding!!! Either give correct information, or if you found the information has changed since your first theory, at least let people know that. Hey we thought the dogs were following her path home, however she walked home the day before so the dogs could have picked up that trail, etc. People are hanging on to each word because they've released so little to us. And sadly, they might not have much more to release. I pray I'm wrong. Would LOVE to have crow stew for supper tonight.

Jmo... which amounts to nothing... sigh

Also, can someone confirm what powerline trail she was walking on from Eagle's Way? Is it the path that I have marked in RED that goes from Eagle's Way to the Power Lines, which are marked in GREEN, which is what I assume is meant?

Bear with me...I have been working on a map to try to calculate where Abby might have been walking at the time of her last text at 2:53 pm. This is assuming she walked at Google's pace, didn't stop, and used North/South Road. I know she was a runner but she was probably carrying her backpack, had on boots, and was texting while walking. I won't go into all the details but I broke it down by feet per minute and then back to percentage of a mile. Here is what I came up with: That would have put her at Mountain Valley Blvd. which was 1.2 miles into her walk marked A on the map.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...&t=h&gl=us&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=15

B would be approximately where she might have been at 3:07pm. But the cell activity showed her west of Cranmore at that time. So, somewhere between Mountain Valley point A and point B she could have gotten in a vehicle. Locals help me out...would it take about 6-7 minutes to drive a point between A and B to west of the Cranmore Resort? If so then that would mean she might have been halfway between those 2 points since that would put the time around 3pm. 7 minutes before the last activity at 3:07. I see a little road of some sort that leads to North South Road about halfway on the blue route behind the outlet stores.

Hope this makes some sense. I know there are lots of variables but I wanted to try to figure this out!

That's how I came up with the thought that she might have been picked up at the parking lot in Settler's Green. Had someone picked her up on the side of the road, they would have been noticed more readily and remembered. But if she were picked up at Settler's Green, no one would bat an eye at a person getting into a car there. And Settler's Green is an 6-8 min drive to the west side of Cranmore Mtn. either from route 302 or N/S road. The timing is right on.

Hollye, the rotary is at the mountain valley blvd, no.so rd.

Hollye, the rotary is at the mountain valley blvd, no.so rd.

Thanks! So the rotary is actually the roundabout/circle on the road, not the Rotary Club? LOL!!! No wonder I was confused. I have never heard it called a rotary.

We use Life360, as well, and I think it's great.

However, there have been some glitches. Once my daughter, who is 12, went to dinner with a new friend and her parents (whom I've never met). When it came time for her to be home and she wasn't here yet, I Life360'd her. It showed her in the middle of the lake near our home! I completely lost my marbles and considered (within about 2 seconds) of running to the lake (about 2 miles away) and jumping in to save her. Mind you it was the middle of winter, but, no matter. I tried very hard to be rational and kept updating her location. Within 2 minutes, her little dot was on dry land again and she was home within 5 minutes. Phew!

It's also invaluable with elderly people as well. My mother in law doesn't have dementia, but she can lose her bearings from time to time while out on her morning walk and then panic and get lost. We were able to quickly find her once when she called and told us she'd gotten "turned around" again. Wish we could have a smaller version for dog collars! I have one that's a runner and so hate spending the morning searching for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns