GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused... Ok, so bear with me... I have mono, inner ear infection, and a sinus infection, so maybe it's the meds...

The FBI timeline is stating the phone 'sent some data' near the mtn cell tower. And unconfirmed sightings of Abigail walking near the mall area at the same time. BUT, they ask the businesses to look for her phone? Wouldn't the phone be near that cell tower so therefore the businesses need to look at cameras for Abigail? Why do they think the phone is in the business area instead of the woods, or ski resort, or?? And if the sightings are correct, how the heck did her phone end up there, and not with her?

Either 1, there is something they aren't telling, or 2 they are clutching at straws. I'm confused too..

And who in the world was the ambulance call for? Was there another 14yr old girl who happened to be walking the same area at the same time, and needed an ambulance??? AND if so, and it wasn't Abigail, then why didn't some of those people see her??? And if it WAS her, then ummm, was she treated and released?

Was that the same day? I have only seen this briefly mentioned so I am not certain.

Bartlett police chief Tim Connifey confirmed earlier in the day that the Bartlett Police Department assisted Bartlett-Jackson Ambulance with a medical call for a 14-year-old girl on Wednesday afternoon.

The police scanner reported that the girl was found by the side of a road. The scanner report said the unnamed girl was taken to Memorial Hospital by Bartlett-Jackson Ambulance.
Asked if he believed there was any connection to that incident and the ongoing search for Hernandez, Connifey said, “As far as we can tell, it's totally unrelated. It was a medical issue, and we assisted.”
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109539-hernandez-useme

I'm sorry...can't find this on the thread, although I'm sure it would have been discussed, did she have a backpack or books with her?

Authorities are looking for Hernandez's white 16-gigabite iPhone 5, senior assistant attorney general Jane Young told reporters Wednesday evening. The phone was in a pink and gray OtterBox style case.
Young urged local businesses to check their lost-and-found departments for the phone. She asked anyone in the area to keep an eye out for it, and to contact authorities if they come across it.
The timeline authorities released, meanwhile, laid out Hernandez's movements a week ago. At 2:53 p.m. she sent her last text messages. At 3:07 p.m. the phone made its last known contact with the cellular network. Between 2:40 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. there were multiple unconfirmed sightings of Hernandez along North-South Road.
Contrary to prior reports, FBI agent Kieran Ramsey said, "We have no confirmation she ever made it home that day."
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109539-hernandez-useme

I'm sorry...can't find this on the thread, although I'm sure it would have been discussed, did she have a backpack or books with her?

In the last photo of her from the school, she did have a large bag...not sure if it's a purse, tote, backpack or what, but you can see it in the photo. Though there has been no mention of trying to find it! Unlike the phone... gotta find the phone... :banghead:

Her FB* timeline is more open than most...The posts you see (if you aren't friends with her) are her posts that are set to 'public'
In reference to what you said about 'conversations'...do you mean private messages?

I guess we just disagree, megan.sense, or have different experiences on FB.

IIRC, AH's posts that are public are associated with an image. Images have different privacy settings than status posts. Images that are posted as profile pictures cannot be set to private. From what I recall of Abigail's FB page, all that seemed to be public were current and former profile pictures.

In my experience, teens have higher privacy settings than adults and/or post less as updates to their timelines. Adults post statuses like what they are having for dinner, links to news articles, pet photos, comments on sports teams.

Less appears on the pages I see of teens because 1) they use instant messaging or conversations; or 2) teens are actually using FB less these days. Kids are moving away from FB because they feel it has been taken over by us old people. I didn't quite believe it when my older son said it, but I have read news stories about it since then. Teens like tumblr and instagram and probably others I am not cool enough to know about.

What I meant by conversation is that one person starts a private message conversation by inviting friends to join. The conversation is ongoing. The friends can join and leave the conversation over and over. There is a written record of the conversation but it is visible only to members of the conversation.

OMG!! Why aren't they looking everywhere for that bag????

This is crazy. Couldn't they take the flyer and ask their manager to make that decision? I just can't believe they have real fear of being FIRED for accepting a flyer to be approved by management. :banghead:

Flyer controversy happens in every case...

OMG!! Why aren't they looking everywhere for that bag????

I wonder if it's possible that they have the bag? It could have been dropped in a struggle or left behind intentionally.

Just thinking out loud. I would assume they would publically announce it if they did have it but they may be holding back info while they are honing in on a possible suspect. Or still trying to figure out what, how, when, etc.

jmo

Flyer controversy happens in every case...

I'm new to that. I guess I never looked into it enough to catch that aspect. What are the reasons for the controversy? :scared:

I'm new to that. I guess I never looked into it enough to catch that aspect. What are the reasons for the controversy? :scared:

All sorts. Sometimes there will be a furor when people take them down, though they are ripped and damp, etc...
Or places will need corporate permission to post anything at all.

Well, JMO, but that bag would be easier to find than a tiny cell phone!!

If they find the bag, they'll probably find the phone JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members