GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just joined the community, because I've been following this case because I grew up not far from where Abby disappeared, and an old classmate of mine works with her mother. (I haven't talked with her about it, she just posted this fact on her FB).
The reason I am posting is because of the theory of her missing practice. My son is a high school runner and we are in New Hampshire. I managed to find Kennett High School's girl cross country team rooster online. It wasn't that easy to do, but I managed to do it in a convoluted way. (It's out there online, but not really searchable) I don't want to post the link, for the privacy of the other girls on the team. Abigail was *not* on the rooster. She is listed in the news as a track star, in NH, track is a spring sport. I didn't find any evidence she was on the cross country team this fall.
I hope this is ok to post, still figuring out the rules.
R

:Welcome1:

River nh, wonderful to have you here, welcome. Crickets, I think along those lines too, don't know how close she managed to walk near home, but if she got up near Cranmore mountain....she was driven.

Welcome, rivernh. Well if she wasn't on the cross country team, I'm back to square one. For some reason she wanted to walk home or more likely didn't want to ride the bus. She planned to meet someone behind the outlet or met with foul play and her phone somehow ended up in a vehicle by Cranmore Resort. But, was Abby with her phone? When mom came home Abby wasn't home yet. Why did mom suspect something was wrong so quickly?

Rivernh, what are your theories?

I forgot to tell you guys that there are fliers for Abigail in Dover NH....a couple hours away from Conway.

Welcome, rivernh. Well if she wasn't on the cross country team, I'm back to square one. For some reason she wanted to walk home or more likely didn't want to ride the bus. She planned to meet someone behind the outlet or met with foul play and her phone somehow ended up in a vehicle by Cranmore Resort. But, was Abby with her phone? When mom came home Abby wasn't home yet. Why did mom suspect something was wrong so quickly?

Rivernh, what are your theories?

Well one thought I had, was if she were a dedicated runner, I wondered if it were possible that she went for a run and had a mishap that disabled her. There is a lot of wilderness in that area, and cell reception might not be reliable. One would think the dogs could track that though, or that the searchers would have found her.

I was a little startled to hear that hunters should be on the look-out so early in a case (I did read that, didn't I? Or am I mixing up cases?) If true, that is what made me think of possible suicide, since they are saying they have no signs of an abduction. JMO

Do not know where it is from, but somewhere I did read that all three in that little family "run."

I wonder if they do have something that points to possible suicide. They would still search for her. I remember a girl in New England two or so years back (Sarah) where they drained ponds etc. and later said she had left a note. Or if they really have no clues.

They would still search, yes, of course, but would they use 35 FBI personal to search for her?...IMO, no. And, they would also not use SS agents, just local LE, Warden Service and they would allow and encourage volunteers if they believed it was a suicide. This case does not seem to have elements of a despondent or depressed person, nor a runaway, IMO.

Well one thought I had, was if she were a dedicated runner, I wondered if it were possible that she went for a run and had a mishap that disabled her. There is a lot of wilderness in that area, and cell reception might not be reliable. One would think the dogs could track that though, or that the searchers would have found her.

That is definitely a possibility. The thing that puzzles me is that it isn't possible for her to be west of Cranmore at 3:07 (phone ping) unless she ran most of the way home. And, she was texting for what was it, 24 minutes, so it would be hard to text and run. She could have started running after 2:53 but that would only give her 14 minutes to be west of Cranmore Resort. You would think someone would have noticed a girl running along North/South Road closer to her home. This is a mystery for sure.

I was a little startled to hear that hunters should be on the look-out so early in a case (I did read that, didn't I? Or am I mixing up cases?) If true, that is what made me think of possible suicide, since they are saying they have no signs of an abduction. JMO

That might go along with the theory of a possible mishap during a run. If she took a spill, she might have fallen down a slope not visible from the trail easily, and with all the leaves falling, it can cover up a slip mark pretty fast. Hunters are more likely to explore off known trails. I wondered if she was running out toward Cranmore where the phone ping was. 2-3 miles is really not far for a conditioned runner.

That is definitely a possibility. The thing that puzzles me is that it isn't possible for her to be west of Cranmore at 3:07 (phone ping) unless she ran most of the way home. And, she was texting for what was it, 24 minutes, so it would be hard to text and run. She could have started running after 2:53 but that would only give her 14 minutes to be west of Cranmore Resort. You would think someone would have noticed a girl running along North/South Road closer to her home. This is a mystery for sure.

This is a teen. Maybe Run, stop, respond to text. Run, stop, respond to text?
As far as no one noticing her running, do we *know* that the reported sightings of her all said she was walking?

Edited to add: Also, if I came home and expected my child to be home from a run and it was dark and he hadn't returned, I might react fast too, calling for help.

This is a teen. Maybe Run, stop, respond to text. Run, stop, respond to text?
As far as no one noticing her running, do we *know* that the reported sightings of her all said she was walking?

I guess she could have changed her clothes after school. The video of her showed her wearing boots, long pants and a sweater, carrying a large bag or backpack. Not sure if this video is of her leaving school or earlier in the day.
Not the easiest clothes to run in.

I think it's coming down to that with all the missing children and women!

They would still search, yes, of course, but would they use 35 FBI personal to search for her?...IMO, no. And, they would also not use SS agents, just local LE, Warden Service and they would allow and encourage volunteers if they believed it was a suicide. This case does not seem to have elements of a despondent or depressed person, nor a runaway, IMO.

I totally agree with you!
There is a reason MOM called LE so quickly and why FBI SS and LE arrived to help!

Also No one is allowed to talk!

Who are they or who are they related to!

Could someone who knows, please clarify? The way I understood it is the cell "tower" where her last ping activity was is located on the west side of Cranmore Mtn. That is the tower location, not her phones location. It sounds like people are suggesting, or assuming. that is where her phone was when it pinged off a tower elsewhere. thought it was pretty vlear that is where the tower is, but I could have misunderstood. How far away can someone be from a tower to get that ping? A mile, a hundred feet? Anyone know?

Thanks for posting.

I noticed the youtuber reuploaded North Conway1 video four days after originally uploading the sequence. I'm very curious as to why and also what 'Here comes another opportunity ' means at the following point in the video....

http://youtu.be/5WynppNGkxg?t=2m19s

Has someone submitted this guy's account to LE? He seems very involved in religion too.

ETA Saw that it was indeed submitted. Great find, btw.

I guess she could have changed her clothes after school. The video of her showed her wearing boots, long pants and a sweater, carrying a large bag or backpack. Not sure if this video is of her leaving school or earlier in the day.
Not the easiest clothes to run in.

Good point!

Would she run in the clothes we saw her wearing when she left school? For me this is where time line gets pinched, would running clothes be at home, school clothes at home.
Ahhhhhhhh, river nh, you're on to something. Wow

I do not think she was out running!
JMO
I think she went to meet someone and its someone she knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje