GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mother had stated that she had never run away if memory serves me correctly.

ok let's go somewhere else for a few minutes.

someone earlier mentioned the homecoming dance. it was october 5th; DNC posted that she had just driven both abigail and her bf to kennett for the event. the week prior was 'spirit week' at the high school. there are a few hundred pictures on the student council facebook (cannot and do not post please, only minors are on there) of their theme days but not one of the homecoming dance. in fact, it's skipped all together.

this is the only mention on any official KHS site, in the principal's letter:

https://sites.google.com/site/principalsnewsletter/

in addition, i cannot find one single photo of any KHS student attending the dance (pre-pics, party pics) nor a mention by any of abigail's friends or bf's friends of their night.

does anyone else find it odd? it was the highlight of the return to school.

(rsbm)

I don't find this odd at all. Quite the opposite. I went to high school in the south (class of '08) but it seems similar to Abby's (i.e. not known as a "bad" school with drug/violence/dropout problems, similar emphasis on SAT scores and certain clubs/departments, etc), despite a difference in enrollment (2200+ vs. 900 in Conway). Nobody really went or looked forward to the homecoming dance. That seems to be a thing exaggerated by certain teen movies, and not all parents catch on to that right away. Student council and similar groups are probably required to go but jr/sr Prom + senior formal were the only things ever receiving of your typical hubbub, mostly because they were always held off campus (and touristy Conway probably has some neat venues). It was sorta understood that only the upperclassmen really had any "right" to look forward to things like that. So the lack of age/venue exclusivity takes away from the appeal, regardless of what some overly enthusiastic school personnel may say, but, again, your mileage may vary. :twocents:

If anything, this gives me comfort that Abby was fitting in well at high school with good friends and a boyfriend right there with her, figuring out the "norms" as they go along. Her very normal Facebook postings corroborate this.

I might be curious about the homecoming game or what the attendance was there. Abby seems to be on the quieter/artistic side, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if she sat that one out as well. Do we know anything about her typical weekend hangouts, besides Netflix with the Campbell's? Seems like hunting/off-roading is big up there; I wonder if she ever went along.

ok let's go somewhere else for a few minutes.

someone earlier mentioned the homecoming dance. it was october 5th; DNC posted that she had just driven both abigail and her bf to kennett for the event. the week prior was 'spirit week' at the high school. there are a few hundred pictures on the student council facebook (cannot and do not post please, only minors are on there) of their theme days but not one of the homecoming dance. in fact, it's skipped all together.

this is the only mention on any official KHS site, in the principal's letter:

https://sites.google.com/site/principalsnewsletter/

in addition, i cannot find one single photo of any KHS student attending the dance (pre-pics, party pics) nor a mention by any of abigail's friends or bf's friends of their night.

does anyone else find it odd? it was the highlight of the return to school.

the day after, sunday the 6th, she attended the fryeburg fair with her bf's family. no pictures of that either, anywhere. merely a mention by the bf's father after her disappearance.

two very public places, very public events, and no mention by anyone as it being the last time they saw her...which for many, was probably the last they saw her unless they were in her classes or rode her bus.

monday she worked in housecleaning. that is a very busy three days for a 14 year old...you'd think by wednesday the last thing she'd want to do is take a 2-mile trek home vs. riding the bus with her boyfriend.

thoughts?

White Rabbit, I did see a photo of Abby and her bf at the truck pull at the fair...somewhere. It could have been on the Missing FB page. Not sure but it was described as taken on the Sunday before she went missing.

I don't find this odd at all. Quite the opposite. I went to high school in the south (class of '08) but it seems similar to Abby's (i.e. not known as a "bad" school with drug/violence/dropout problems, similar emphasis on SAT scores and certain clubs/departments, etc), despite a difference in enrollment (2200+ vs. 900 in Conway). Nobody really went or looked forward to the homecoming dance. That seems to be a thing exaggerated by certain teen movies, and not all parents catch on to that right away. Student council and similar groups are probably required to go but jr/sr Prom + senior formal were the only things ever receiving of your typical hubbub, mostly because they were always held off campus (and touristy Conway probably has some neat venues). It was sorta understood that only the upperclassmen really had any "right" to look forward to things like that. So the lack of age/venue exclusivity takes away from the appeal, regardless of what some overly enthusiastic school personnel may say, but, again, your mileage may vary. :twocents:

If anything, this gives me comfort that Abby was fitting in well at high school with good friends and a boyfriend right there with her, figuring out the "norms" as they go along. Her very normal Facebook postings corroborate this.

I might be curious about the homecoming game or what the attendance was there. Abby seems to be on the quieter/artistic side, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if she sat that one out as well. Do we know anything about her typical weekend hangouts, besides Netflix with the Campbell's? Seems like hunting/off-roading is big up there; I wonder if she ever went along.

i agree.... i was class of 1999.... i did not give two craps about the homecoming, pep rally, homecoming dance..... even the prom which is usually what most of the kids rave about sooooo i don't find it odd either... depends on the type of person you are if you are into the homecoming type of thing.... my school it was mostly the athletes that were into it

i think there is a mild possibility these cases could be related..... but its hard to tell.... i do think both were abducted or lured though

I agree. I think there's a much higher chance her case is related to another than of it being a runaway situation. There are exceptions to every trend, reported or otherwise, but Abby just does not fit the profile of a runaway. She is in what appears to be a loving relationship and she and her friends come off happy and intelligent in their postings to each other. 14 can be a tough age, especially with the confusion of transitioning to high school, but she was already involved extracurricularly, just like her sister. If only more teenagers could find themselves with (admittedly external) stability like that, but unfortunately you will find a complete lack thereof with most endangered runaways. Drugs, broken homes, bad groups of "friends" promising glamour or a way out, older boyfriends with rep sheets, etc. They will have had a history of it, most of the time.

In some first-time cases with girls who are more like Abby, a couple might run away together. They tend to leave clues/signs behind. Ruling that out, girls from both types of backgrounds are lured away by internet predators. Is it within the realm of possibility Abby met someone who caught on to her maturity, and exploited her lack of emotional maturity? Yes, but LE would know this by know. Even if she were using a burner phone, going through that length of deception would leave some sort of sign, I think, that her boyfriend would have noticed. But he seems completely blindsided. And no matter the lengths she was going to to cover up this communication and whatever plan resulted from it, the initial contact had to have been made somewhere. Facebook messages and website/app communications can't be made to disappear so easily, and let's say she were active on some sort of chat site or message board—a sudden erasure of history would be a pretty big red-flag. One that would've at least been insinuated in press conferences.

So I don't think she would've been able to hide it. And I don't think LE would hide it from us. I feel like all the recent cases involving younger girls/internet predators have had the following in common: 1) some sort of mental/emotional vulnerability on the part of the girl OR a history of the behavior, 2) an IMMEDIATE media disclosure regarding the online predator's involvement, and 3) recovery within a few days. :(

That's why, in cases like this, it's strange to hear that anyone at all appears to be convinced it's a runaway situation. When Morgan Harrington simply vanished into the night (also from a very public place), her poor parents were outspoken in their hope that she was being held somewhere against her will. If they ever reassured her directly that no one will be mad that she ran away, I missed it. And running away with some roadies at a concert of your favorite band, after having asked people for a ride to a specific location... that seems a lot more plausible than the context we're working with here.

Every time there's a case like this I also find myself praying it's going to be a runaway situation or even sex trafficking. This has yet to be the case, which says there are still way too many monsters out there in need of mass extinction. So, :moo: and all that. Not trying to discourage anyone from discussing the possibility.

this is from a fewpages back.... page 1 and 2 if anyone wants to look back.......

this unnamed sgt and i had a nice chat when i got back last night...... i passed on as much info as i could regarding the unnamed subject that was mildly discussed at the beginning of this thread..... and i want to reassure everyone that this lead is being thoroughly investigated.... on all avenues.... his whereabouts, where he may be living... why he never registered his RSO status with conway police........ the sgt took the info i gave hime about this man VERY seriously and per my first conversation with him had already assigned 2 detectives to look into this man and was going to pass the arrest info from conway and such onto those same 2 detectives..... they are also looking into WHO is responsible for registering him and how closely they have been watching him.......

That's awesome. Thank you! Great to hear some positive news. It is reassuring to hear how receptive LE is to tips and how diligently they follow up.

This type of disappearance is so difficult to solve. There are few facts, few clues. The results we know of are negative: no witnesses to an abduction or accident, no plans on social media or comments to friends about meeting someone or leaving, nothing recovered in searches. As my professors in graduate school used to say, "There is no journal of negative results."

Of course, it's frustrating that we know so little of what is going on inside this investigation. We all went Abigail home yesterday--strike that, 3 weeks ago! I take comfort in posts like yours that show the hard work LE is doing that we are not privy to.

And thank you, TakeItFromMe, and your husband and friends for searching this weekend! I am buoyed by your reports that people in the area are well aware of Abigail's disappearance and doing what they can to bring her home.

Hopefully, your posts will counter the pessimism voiced on this thread that the community either doesn't care or is downplaying her disappearance. The vigil this weekend, the upcoming auction, the Light the Way Home walk last week, and the efforts of private individuals like you show that the community does care and is working to find Abigail.

I totally agree. I have two kids in high school in the same state, a senior and a freshman. Neither has been to a homecoming dance, nor have their friends. Even those with a boyfriend/girlfriend. They are typical of kids here. It's just not a big deal like it is portrayed as popular culture.

As far as the games, that's more of a possibility if Abigail or her friends liked sports or had friends on the team or band or cheerleaders. My husband and I have gone to games this year because our freshman is in the band. There are not a lot of students there, really. Some kids. But considering the size of the school, not a lot.

Abby's BF said he saw her walking away and texting away. Most people text to people they know. I believe she did know the person responsible. Also what would be the motive here outside of some deranged sick person?

So almost 4 weeks and we still have no idea where Abby could be.

Somebody posted that Abby had run away once before.

Does anybody happen to know the circumstances.

Where she went and how long she was gone?

I don't know why but I just keep thinking of
Amber Dubois and Chelsea King.

Their nightmare was a man named John Albert Gardner!

I don't think Abby ran away.

Abby's mom stated last week that this is not true, she has never been gone before.

I'll agree with this too. My high school (also class of '08! :)) in the midwest seems pretty similar to Abby's in the same ways and the homecoming dance was no big deal at my high school. Like you said, differences in enrollment (~1500 at mine) and other factors might make a difference as to whether or not the homecoming dance is a big deal. Proms and winter formal were the only dances of significance to pretty much anyone here. Football games, on the other hand, especially the homecoming game..were something that a majority of people I knew attended. It didn't really matter what grade you were in, what you participated in, who your friends were..people of all "groups" were at those.

It would be interesting to know why no one at the fair or game/dance (if she went? do we know?) has come forward to say they saw her. It seems in most cases where the victim is in a public place within a couple days of their disappearance, someone notices once their photo is plastered everywhere and says something. Or maybe they have talked to police and been hushed? Who knows...

I hope strides are being made in this case. It's so upsetting! :scared:

:rose: for Abby

Abby's BF said he saw her walking away and texting away. Most people text to people they know. I believe she did know the person responsible. Also what would be the motive here outside of some deranged sick person?

I'm certain that LE has info on her texts.

I don't remember that her BF saw her walking; I remember his father saying they exchanged texts while his son was on the schoolbus. I recall one witness, maybe more, reported seeing her walking on the road away from the school.

As far as motive, I can't think of anything else that seems plausible. And that is what I am afraid of.

If a person is killed in the woods aren't they usually found in the woods? They found no evidence in the wooded area that was searched. So, someone either grabbed her in the woods and put her in a vehicle, which doesn't sound plausible as she would of screamed, or she willingly got into a vehicle of someone she knew. Most likely someone who had given her rides before.

It's like a 3 hr drive between the two locations, isn't it?

Edit - two hrs between Haverhill and N Conway.

So it's possible...some connection.

According to the LE time line. Abby was last seen walking down some pathway was she not? How do we get her into a vehicle. Did she get to the road again at some point or did she meet someone she knew along the pathway?

That's the $64,000 question...what happened to Abby from the time her classmates saw her turning right onto that pathway?

i'm confused about that... mom says she went missing from a busy location which makes me think some store has her on surveillance they have not made public which i hope is for a good reason.... but her friend saw her turn onto the powerline trail supposedly..... so i'm at a loss for that one

The correction was A VERY PUBLIC PLACE! That remains a mystery to me too.

The mother had stated that she had never run away if memory serves me correctly.

There are some conflicts coming from key persons in this missing Abby.

Abby's boyfriends mother writes of picking up Abby and taking them to the Homecoming Dance. So why no pictures?

That's why, in cases like this, it's strange to hear that anyone at all appears to be convinced it's a runaway situation. When Morgan Harrington simply vanished into the night (also from a very public place), her poor parents were outspoken in their hope that she was being held somewhere against her will. If they ever reassured her directly that no one will be mad that she ran away, I missed it. And running away with some roadies at a concert of your favorite band, after having asked people for a ride to a specific location... that seems a lot more plausible than the context we're working with here.

Well what gives BBM legs is that it's her own Father pleading for her to come home and she will not be in trouble. <modsnip>. Personally I think he should have kept that to himself because anybody reading that now has a big question mark on what happened to Abby...at least I do.

Re Morgan at her parents first press conference when they had just discovered she was missing they did make a plea for her to come home. But as we found out later Morgan had disappeared for a day or two previously so they hoped she might be coming back which certainly wasn't the case.

The bf's dad did say at some point that his son said she was texting away as she was walking away.

"Just dropped off Jimmy Campbell and Abigail Hernandez at khs homecoming dance..."

They did attend the Homecoming Dance.

Well what gives BBM legs is that it's her own Father pleading for her to come home and she will not be in trouble. He has to be at the center of all of this and that is his remark. Personally I think he should have kept that to himself because anybody reading that now has a big question mark on what happened to Abby...at least I do.

(sbm)

Yeah, I should have clarified close/distant case players going on MSM record with runaway theories. From here on our armchairs, there's much less background information about the victim to go on. But it's kind of like when a mom goes missing and most people immediately say, "she'd never leave her kids" (and then you'll have an estranged ex-husband/boyfriend telling everyone oh yeah, she's probably with some dude, she's been so moody lately. :banghead:)

But yeah, sometimes it's just really clear to everyone that knew them that something isn't majorly right. Though in RH's defense if he hasn't been in the same state as Abby he may not know the extent of how she's been, so it's the typical loved-one optimism paired with what sounds like a better guess coming from him than from Zenya.

"Just dropped off Jimmy Campbell and Abigail Hernandez at khs homecoming dance..."

They did attend the Homecoming Dance.

I think the "issue" was that their friend group didn't seem particularly excited about it on SM and didn't post any getting ready/post-party pictures. Hopefully that's been cleared up as potentially normal behavior, though I wasn't 100% sure about what hinky-ness would be implied otherwise. They didn't go and went somewhere else instead..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx