GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I am back from the north country..... even with most of the leaves already have fallen it is still breathtaking (it always is).... anyways, i will highlight here what we did....
there were 6 of us... me and hubby drove to Lincoln (about 40 miles west of conway on the Kancamagus Hwy.....aka rt. 112) on Saturday we started early and though this was originally planned weeks ago as a mini vaca it turned into a hike with purpose.... we got 4 of our local friends from lincoln involved and we split into 3 teams of 2 and spent Saturday and Sunday hiking the entire Kancamagus and along the Pemigawassett (sp?) River and the Swift River.... the rivers are VERY low so anything like a bag or backpack that could have been tossed would most definitely have gotten caught on rocks and boulders...... long story short we did not find a single thing.... not anything..... we also drove the entire kancamagus and stopped at every pond and got our mucking boots on and walked the perimeter of every pond to get a visual and look closely.... every one of us inspected any type of odor or anything and came up with absolutely nothing... no bag, no shoes or clothes and no abby...... its disheartening, but I do feel better knowing we looked very hard and we talked to EVERY single hiker we came across.... we spoke to the Rangers at Lincoln Woods and they have searched that area with rangers from the US Forest Service.......

Thanks for this update! Great job, all of you!

Snipped by me for space. I agree with everything you say if there was a car involved. But.....

I wonder if a car was even involved. I wonder if she walked to the home of someone she was meeting up with. Someone she didn't go to school with/isn't in school themselves.

But, if she walked to a friend's house, I think she would have been seen.

Snipped by me for space. I agree with everything you say if there was a car involved. But.....

I wonder if a car was even involved. I wonder if she walked to the home of someone she was meeting up with. Someone she didn't go to school with/isn't in school themselves.

Yes, definitely a possibility, I agree.

oh yeah... and this is important too.... those who don't know NH should know that the kancamagus aka rt 112 runs from lincoln to conway..... when begining in Lincoln the first White mtn camping area you see is called Hancock camping area.... as far as i know it is the only camping spot open yr round and is popular with hunters (also my favorite camping site on the Kanc) we went in there as the east branch of the pemigawasset river runs through there.... i talked to the ranger guy who runs it (he remembered me from all my trips there) he has been over that area with a fine tooth comb since this happened (his youngest daughter is abby's age now) we went and talked to campers and every hunter who was at their site and EVERY one of them, even ones from out of state were aware of abby.... we looked around but it was comforting to know how many people are taking her case very seriously

I have read almost every article, Facebook page etc, and have only seen the informational flyer about how to anonymously mail in your tips! I think that is a great idea that needs to be blasted everywhere! Maybe the feared teenagers would feel comfortable doing this! Has anyone else seen it?
I may have missed it on the missing Abigail Hernandez Facebook page!

But, if she walked to a friend's house, I think she would have been seen.

If people were sitting around outside in their front yards, yes. But on a weekday at 3? I often walk the dog down the street around that time. Very rarely do I see anyone. They are either at work or inside. (Caveat: I live in FL and it is hot, so people are rarely outside in midafternoon and if they are, they are in their back yards in the pool).

Not trying to be argumentative, but I could see how it is possible that no one would see (or more likely, notice) a person walking down the street. For the life of me I have no idea who I passed this AM on the road when I was driving my kids to school. I was busy making sure everyone had their homework, lunch, shoes on, etc. There are dozens of people I see walking every day in the AM but I couldn't remember for the life of me what a single one of them looked like or was wearing. But if a car had pulled over on the side of the road and someone got in - even if it was innocent and friendly - that I would remember because I don't see that ever.

oh yeah... and this is important too.... those who don't know NH should know that the kancamagus aka rt 112 runs from lincoln to conway..... when begining in Lincoln the first White mtn camping area you see is called Hancock camping area.... as far as i know it is the only camping spot open yr round and is popular with hunters (also my favorite camping site on the Kanc) we went in there as the east branch of the pemigawasset river runs through there.... i talked to the ranger guy who runs it (he remembered me from all my trips there) he has been over that area with a fine tooth comb since this happened (his youngest daughter is abby's age now) we went and talked to campers and every hunter who was at their site and EVERY one of them, even ones from out of state were aware of abby.... we looked around but it was comforting to know how many people are taking her case very seriously

O/T
for those of you who follow the maura murray case 112 west which is NOT the kanc but is the same road .... that is where she went missing from.... 112 in haverhill, NH

So almost 4 weeks and we still have no idea where Abby could be.

Somebody posted that Abby had run away once before.

Does anybody happen to know the circumstances.

Where she went and how long she was gone?

I don't know why but I just keep thinking of
Amber Dubois and Chelsea King.

Their nightmare was a man named John Albert Gardner!

I don't think Abby ran away.

He has been reported to state police already, info that was public.... and that same sgt will have this info first thing in the morning as well

this is from a fewpages back.... page 1 and 2 if anyone wants to look back.......

this unnamed sgt and i had a nice chat when i got back last night...... i passed on as much info as i could regarding the unnamed subject that was mildly discussed at the beginning of this thread..... and i want to reassure everyone that this lead is being thoroughly investigated.... on all avenues.... his whereabouts, where he may be living... why he never registered his RSO status with conway police........ the sgt took the info i gave hime about this man VERY seriously and per my first conversation with him had already assigned 2 detectives to look into this man and was going to pass the arrest info from conway and such onto those same 2 detectives..... they are also looking into WHO is responsible for registering him and how closely they have been watching him.......

So almost 4 weeks and we still have no idea where Abby could be.

Somebody posted that Abby had run away once before.

Does anybody happen to know the circumstances.

Where she went and how long she was gone?

I don't know why but I just keep thinking of
Amber Dubois and Chelsea King.

Their nightmare was a man named John Albert Gardner!

I don't think Abby ran away.

i also DO NOT believe that she ran away

Thank you for the prompt reply! I wasn't sure myself, so many articles and some misinformation in the media in the beginning. Makes one's head spin.

Welcome to WS, Steelslady! :)

<snip> when begining in Lincoln the first White mtn camping area you see is called Hancock camping area.... as far as i know it is the only camping spot open yr round and is popular with hunters (also my favorite camping site on the Kanc) we went in there as the east branch of the pemigawasset river runs through there.... i talked to the ranger guy who runs it (he remembered me from all my trips there) he has been over that area with a fine tooth comb <mysnip>

Takeitfromme412, you are awesome. If I could give you a great big hug, I would!!! You've given us more detail than any other searchers, and your thinking is spot on.

O/T
for those of you who follow the maura murray case 112 west which is NOT the kanc but is the same road .... that is where she went missing from.... 112 in haverhill, NH

How much approximate distance would that be between Maura and Abby's.

i also DO NOT believe that she ran away

Once invested in this one...it's a tough one to walk away from!

You are doing great work tor Abby.

I still wish LE would make a plea to farmers and landowners to check their property.

Remembering Morgan Harrington and how she was found on a farmers land as he was checking fenceposts after a storm.

It's like a 3 hr drive between the two locations, isn't it?

Edit - two hrs between Haverhill and N Conway.

I do not think the cases (MM and AH) are related. But nor do I think that Abigail ran off. :(

According to the LE time line. Abby was last seen walking down some pathway was she not? How do we get her into a vehicle. Did she get to the road again at some point or did she meet someone she knew along the pathway?

According to the LE time line. Abby was last seen walking down some pathway was she not? How do we get her into a vehicle. Did she get to the road again at some point or did she meet someone she knew along the pathway?

i'm confused about that... mom says she went missing from a busy location which makes me think some store has her on surveillance they have not made public which i hope is for a good reason.... but her friend saw her turn onto the powerline trail supposedly..... so i'm at a loss for that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member