GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you paraphrase what was said? That link will not open for me, thanks.

The post asks Abby to come home. Says something about understanding she might feel afraid because of all the media coverage but that no one will be angry with her. Asks her to just send a msg to let everyone know she's okay, at least, like post her favorite bible verse. He goes on to say that he loves her very much and whatever went wrong they can fix it.
It sounds as though he believes she's run away.

The post asks Abby to come home. Says something about understanding she might feel afraid because of all the media coverage but that no one will be angry with her. Asks her to just send a msg to let everyone know she's okay, at least, like post her favorite bible verse. He goes on to say that he loves her very much and whatever went wrong they can fix it.
It sounds as though he believes she's run away.

Oh my yes and I think he has done more harm than good because everybody will shift in their thinking and all of a sudden people think runaway and stop looking for signs of abduction.

This missing Abby seems to keep going in all different directions.

I don't know what to think. He is her Father and should know his daughter so maybe he knows things we don't know about Abby?

Oh my yes and I think he has done more harm than good because everybody will shift in their thinking and all of a sudden people think runaway and stop looking for signs of abduction.

This missing Abby seems to keep going in all different directions.

I don't know what to think. He is her Father and should know his daughter so maybe he knows things we don't know about Abby?

Well, two things. 1. we don't know that it is her father, it's not proven. 2. if it is her father he's entitled to his own opinion, and that's all he states in his plea. I will say, and please excuse how indelicate this is, it's harder to hide a live person than it is to hide a body. My sister went missing years ago and we were told that by one of the many private investigators my family hired over the years. He was correct and we did eventually find her. I'm sure AH's family has been told the same, so it may not be merely hopeful thinking. However, even as a runaway she's still not safe and even if she initiallly ran away it doesn't mean she isn't being held against her will at this point in time. From what her mother has said it sounds like she believes this initially may have begun as a run away but has turned out badly.

Just putting recent comments into perspective. According to a basic internet search there are an estimated 1.2 to 2.5 million teenaged runaways in the United States each year. A lot of runaways are never even reported, so the number is probably much higher. Here at WS we just barely touch the surface of the runaway problem. There is some reason Abby's case is being treated (by LE, the FBI, etc. and the media) as something other then a "typical" teenage runaway situation.

Just putting recent comments into perspective. According to a basic internet search there are an estimated 1.2 to 2.5 million teenaged runaways in the United States each year. A lot of runaways are never even reported, so the number is probably much higher. Here at WS we just barely touch the surface of the runaway problem. There is some reason Abby's case is being treated (by LE, the FBI, etc. and the media) as something other then a "typical" teenage runaway situation.

To add to that-I wonder what the percentages of all 'reported/suspected' runaways end up being located and safe or other possible combinations of 'found/located' there may be.

This is one serious case.......

If dad's comment was deleted from the vigil FB event, it isn't to be discussed, even if it remains on his own FB. Dad is still not sleuthable just because he posted on a public FB page.

Thats a good thing. I don't think things like that should be deleted from that page. The only thing that annoys me is if she could make contact and said that word that is spoken of then all would be assumed she is fine. Be better if there were 2 words one word for 'help' and one word for 'all is ok'. Then again i think any contact would and should be investigates in any case.

JMO.

Who on here is a local?

I have been wondering this too. I know we can't discuss rumors, but it would be nice to hear from a local. How is the dynamic in town these days? Is there still a lot of LE presence?

I don't post here often, but have been following since the start. Hope she is found soon. It's very quiet here with everyone biting their tongues :innocent: :silenced:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz