GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no POI's or suspects in this page therefore no discussion of non case player FB pages.

Hi all. Been following all along. One thing that heightened my interest after vigil. I did not realize Abby was religious. Do we have any info on her religious involvements? I know when I was 14/15 although a practicing catholic, I did not quote scripture.

The family, or at least from Dad's words, sound more Protestant than Catholic to me. Also grew up Catholic, and definitely we are not into the quoting/memorizing bible verses thing. :). If she was active in a church in town that would be a good place to start looking too - we all know its only too easy for creeps to involve themselves in church life and activities. :furious:

The family, or at least from Dad's words, sound more Protestant than Catholic to me. Also grew up Catholic, and definitely we are not into the quoting/memorizing bible verses thing. :). If she was active in a church in town that would be a good place to start looking too - we all know its only too easy for creeps to involve themselves in church life and activities. :furious:

I agree that it sounds more Protestant. But with the hispanic and russian backgrounds, it almost has to be Catholic, doesn't it? Maybe a Russian Orthodox church? Very similar to Catholicism.

The closest Orthodox church I can find is just east of Fryeburg. It's called Pleasant Mountain Church and is located in a town called Denmark, Maine.

Hi all. Been following all along. One thing that heightened my interest after vigil. I did not realize Abby was religious. Do we have any info on her religious involvements? I know when I was 14/15 although a practicing catholic, I did not quote scripture.

im catholic too. we had some bible study but it was more of a discussion, not really quoting bible verses. it sounds more protestant to me but i'm not sure. I think its great that her family is religious and it sounds abby is as well. i hope their faith helps sustain them as much as possible given the circumstances during this time

The closest Orthodox church I can find is just east of Fryeburg. It's called Pleasant Mountain Church and is located in a town called Denmark, Maine.

hmmm that would make sense. also, since the mother is russian, a lot of times when kids are raised they follow the religion of the mother (not all the time obviously but just a general observation i have seen from friends etc).

if she did belong to a church i hope people at the church are being questioned just as part of the investigation.

as an aside point (and again, we don't know if they belonged to a church and if they did whether or not it was a russian Orthodox Church) so i'm just speculating, i hope thats ok... but, my estethician is russian orthodox and travels more than 30 miles to the nearest russion orthodox, my good friend is Greek Orthodox and growing up they traveled about the same distance to their church so i think its definitely a possibility to attend a church further away (even in a neighboring state) if its one of the few around that is their religious denomination.

Seems odd either way--Orthodox or Catholic--to have a lot of scripture being quoted

A lot of scripture? I only saw one verse that Abby knew (according to Dad)... and used as a password.
Even I know one.

In MP cases, faith is invoked most of the time. "Have faith..."

Someone said something about AH's secret life in reference to what was said by the FBI. I wouldn't put too much stock into that statement. The FBI is merely stating that they are investigating this case thoroughly. If they had said they were investigating her private and public life and hadn't said "secret life" we'd all be sitting here talking about how teens have a secret life that their friends and family don't know about and wondering why the FBI wasn't doing more. Point is, everyone has a secret life. People on here posted that no one knows they post on this board. When I was a teen I had a diary, hidden in the floorboards in the attic. I was a nerd who secretly read Jane Austen, and trust me NO one knew that! We all have secrets, some things our friends and family would be surprised to find out, not sinister just secret. AH's mother thought she was taking the bus home, but she routinely walked -secret.
As for the lack of information, I'm beginning to wonder if the lack of information is due to AH's family rather than LE. It's more than apparent that the Hernandez family is very private, to the point where they didn't even release the Dad's name. The Hernandez family may have wanted to keep this all very quiet in the event that Abby had run away. It's a lot harder to come back if there's been all this media hooha and it's glaringly apparent that both parents seem to believe AH ran away. From the very beginning they asked that she come home, as if someone AH was in control of where she was. Now ZH did say that Abby hasn't run away before, but she also claimed RH wasn't living in NH and that was a little less than truthful. But in any case, I don't believe AH is a run away. She's only 14, so she's got to have some help from someone to stay hidden this long. I still believe she's being held against her will, whether she was abducted from the beginning or she initially ran away.

I'm not sure if this indicates the family belonging to the same churh that Minister Anne Roser is from however, a Lutheran Minister spoke at a vigil.

'"The basic goal behind this is to keep Abby's story in the news," Kirsch said. "It will consist of a 10- to 15-minute gathering (in Schouler Park) with people speaking, including minister Anne Roser from the Luitheran Church, along with some friends of Abby's and whoever else would like to speak."'

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index...l-and-walk-for-abby-planned-for-this-saturday

My heart aches for Dad. Seems they had a loving relationship and he's sincerely reaching out to her.

I'd really, for my own curiousity, like to have the discrepancy cleared up of whether or not AH has run away before though. The following quote from Dad's plea to her almost makes it seem like there was a previous time.

"For whatever reason that may have caused you to run away you know deep in your heart that you can always come to me, as you have in the past and we can work it out. No matter what it is."

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/bost...22804936/-/6w3feyz/-/index.html#ixzz2jmXhwWjK

It's getting beyond frustrating:

Abby made it home/didn't make it home
Abby made a call @ 6:30/there was no call @ 6:30
Abby ran away before/Abby didn't run away before

Where are you, Abby???? :(

As for the lack of information, I'm beginning to wonder if the lack of information is due to AH's family rather than LE. It's more than apparent that the Hernandez family is very private, to the point where they didn't even release the Dad's name.

Snipped by me.

I hope I don't come across as sounding like I'm stereotyping, but I wonder how culturally "Russian" AH's mom is, (which would depend I guess in part on what age she was when she came to the US). I ask because my children were adopted from a former Soviet republic and we spent 5 weeks there. Many of the people we met were ethnic Russians, and were very leery of the police and providing "too much" information to anyone. I think because of how they grew up in the USSR they tend to be a bit more private and less trusting of outsiders. We had several interesting conversations with our 18 year old translator at the time (this was about 8 years ago) about how her parents and anyone who was born in the early 80s or earlier had this carryover mentality that the police were the enemy and you couldn't trust anyone.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with anything but there it is, for what it is worth. :twocents:

My heart aches for Dad. Seems they had a loving relationship and he's sincerely reaching out to her.

I'd really, for my own curiousity, like to have the discrepancy cleared up of whether or not AH has run away before though. The following quote from Dad's plea to her almost makes it seem like there was a previous time.

"For whatever reason that may have caused you to run away you know deep in your heart that you can always come to me, as you have in the past and we can work it out. No matter what it is."

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/bost...22804936/-/6w3feyz/-/index.html#ixzz2jmXhwWjK

It's getting beyond frustrating:

Abby made it home/didn't make it home
Abby made a call @ 6:30/there was no call @ 6:30
Abby ran away before/Abby didn't run away before

Where are you, Abby???? :(

I think we have confirmation via mom on MSM that she hasn't run before. I take dad's comment to mean, come to me like you have before.

I live right up the road from where Molly's body was found, and Every day I pass by the little roadside cross and "shrine" that has grown there. She and her family are very much in the hearts of everyone in the area.

I do not think her case is connected with AH (we are probably four hrs or more from N Conway), but I guess if one of the suspects relocated to NH it could be possible. I tend to think, though, that Molly's case is connected with Holly P's, and that the culprit is either dead or relocated far away from New England.

A big difference would be that though Warren MA (where Molly was abducted from) and N Conway are both small New England towns, N Conway gets a lot more traffic, in the form of tourists and shoppers at the outlets than Warren. There is really not much in this area to bring in outsiders, even the ponds/lakes. Though I have to say, being from southeastern Mass myself and speaking as an outsider to this part of the state, it feels like there's a pretty big local "creep" population. :scared:

Anyway, just some pre-coffee rambling. Where are you, Abby? :(

GardenLady, you gave me a much-needed chuckle this morning. I grew up in SE Massachusetts also and have followed both of those cases closely. So I was reliving them as I read your post and MollyandMe's post about choosing her daughter's name. A wave of depression was settling in. Then I got to the part "there's a pretty big local 'creep' population" and it just struck my funny bone. Thanks for the lift!

GardenLady, you gave me a much-needed chuckle this morning. I grew up in SE Massachusetts also and have followed both of those cases closely. So I was reliving them as I read your post and MollyandMe's post about choosing her daughter's name. A wave of depression was settling in. Then I got to the part "there's a pretty big local 'creep' population" and it just struck my funny bone. Thanks for the lift!

from my experience I would agree.... southern NH and southeastern MA have a large CREEP FACTOR is how I put it..... however.... i frequent northern NH and central Maine as well.... central maine is literally what inspired stephen king's made up area of castle rock and that is a creep factor ten for me...... there are pretty much no police and everyone handles things themselves....... in northern NH once you go a little more north of conway and the kancamagus..... well life is quite similar to central maine...... i feel the creeps live and hide out there simply because they can

as far as the molly bish case, this is a little more of what i sense may have happened to abby although i could be wrong..... my feeling is yes, it could have been an aquaintance and she willingly got in a vehicle ..... BUT i have a strong feeling that she was being watched by a creep.... and i have made it clear there are at least a few and NH has MANY unsolved cases involving female victims.......

as far as the molly bish case, this is a little more of what i sense may have happened to abby although i could be wrong..... my feeling is yes, it could have been an aquaintance and she willingly got in a vehicle ..... BUT i have a strong feeling that she was being watched by a creep.... and i have made it clear there are at least a few and NH has MANY unsolved cases involving female victims.......

I keep flip flopping to either what you describe OR runaway OR one other possibility that is maybe from watching too many TV movies.

Thinking along the lines of the movie "know what you did last summer".

The whole walking home and not being on the bus is just bugging me and I keep thinking it may be related somehow.

Lol I'm glad it made you laugh, and being from the same place I am you probably understand. Anything west of 495 is a mystery to me, and worse, west of Worcester is like a whole nother state, or region even haha. Even having had to live out here for a few years now, I'm still not used to it. I don't know if its the woods, the culture or what.... But yeah, there is a big creep factor lol. I'm used to crime, CITY crime, gangs, robberies, your run of the mill street crime. But the creepy stuff - the rapes, the large population of pedophiles, the unsolved disappearances, etc... Scares me much more than what I'm used to! :help:

MOD NOTE

Once again:

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI's.
  • We do not link to social networking profiles of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
  • We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
  • With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
  • Linking to social networking profiles/pages is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
  • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
  • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

FINAL WARNING -- TO's will follow, no questions asked.

*This post falls at random and applies to everyone, and no one in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3