GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Abby segment also tonight. I listened very intently. I am quite sure Nancy said "she got off the bus" not "she got on the bus.

Yes, she did say that Abby got "off" the bus, but that implies that she got "on" the bus first, and we haven't heard that from anyone else. We've heard from LE that she was last seen walking away from the school, not away from a school bus. I think NG has just muddied the waters even more rather than helped to clear anything up.

Right. I took it to mean she got off the bus and then walked away. Jimmy did say he saw her texting away as she walked away. And Rabbit,,,,,,LE did say all of the "family" are cooperating. Who isnt?

I didn't think of it that way. I hear "got off the bus" and assume it to mean at home. But maybe it means she got on the bus and then off again before it left school.

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy....tsk,tsk, tsk. If she could only get it right!

I am curious. Did Nancy interview any of the high profile folks running the Abby is missing show? I bet they were on the ready! ;)

My point is there is a reason she got off the bus if that is how it went. And someone knows why.

Here's cause for optimism: CatFancier posted on the pertinent thread that Karissa Latour, missing from the Worcester, Massachusetts, area since 9/20 has been recovered. She was listed as an endangered runaway. HOORAY! I hope Karissa is able to work out whatever complications in her life led her to leave. She is 16 and deserves to be in a safe, loving environment.

While I've been trying to tell myself that maybe this will be the outcome here, I can't bring myself to believe Abigail ran away. I just don't think she left of her own accord. And if she was lured, it had to be without an electronic trail or they would have her back by now. I would love to be wrong, though.

Let's try to look on the bright side and be very grateful that Abby is getting NATIONAL coverage! How many families would give their left arms for NG to show their missing child?

If it ever happened to me, God forbid, wrong details or not, I would be so grateful if my child was covered on her show...

Let's try to look on the bright side and be very grateful that Abby is getting NATIONAL coverage! How many families would give their left arms for NG to show their missing child?

If it ever happened to me, God forbid, wrong details or not, I would be so grateful if my child was covered on her show...

You're right. It is wonderful national exposure!

Is there a transcript of the show anywhere? I can't find any videos.

Bad idea to take anything NG says as accurate unless stated elsewhere by LE. JMO

New person here, HI!

Watched the broadcast and what I saw was a woman who had no clue of her facts, barely scanning her piece of paper and clueless. I don't think for a second she had facts that we do not. I do think, 100% think, that Law Enforcement is waiting for the right piece of evidence for their puzzler to get put together so they have reason for a warrant to search whomever they are watching. I've thought that from the start. Instead of more info coming out, it got quieter and quieter. I'd bet the dad's writing was coached, timed, placed there.

New person here, HI! I'll go introduce my self in a second! Watched the broadcast and what I saw was a woman who had no clue of her facts, barely scanning her piece of paper and clueless. I don't think for a second she had facts that we do not. I do think, 100% think, that Law Enforcement is waiting for the right piece of evidence for their puzzler to get put together so they have reason for a warrant to search whomever they are watching. I've thought that from the start. Instead of more info coming out, it got quieter and quieter. I'd bet the dad's writing was coached, timed, placed there.

Agreed.

Welcome.

For me, and this is 100% MHO, at some point along the way home, she 'got a ride' from someone. So for me, either she willingly accepted a ride from someone she knows, or she was abducted and taken unwillingly by someone she does not know.
Agreed. Somebody she knows, the family knows, somebody familiar. OR she was meeting somebody she didn't tell anybody about...or that we the people have no idea of anyway.

I really and truly believe it was somebody familiar. I hope she is found soon and this mystery is solved with her safe.

When I was a couple years younger than Abby, myself and several other kids had quite a long walk home through our neighborhood from the point where the school bus dropped us off.

I was acquainted with these kids through school, but I wouldn't have called any of them close friends. One of the boys had noticed that a large home across the street (on a wooded, dead-end street) from his home was empty. It was a nice middle-class neighborhood so it wasn't an 'abandoned' home, just empty for the time being (no furniture, or residents. Possibly being prepared for sale or being remodeled?). For some reason it was always left unlocked. Anyhow, the boys in our little "group" somehow enticed us into sneaking into the home with them on several occasions after school when we were walking home. Everyone's parents worked, so nobody knew we didn't walk straight home. Nothing sinister happened, as we were quite young and it was both scary and thrilling to even have stepped foot into the home for five minutes.

Looking back, it was stupid and I would never do something like that now (It was years and years ago, I was about 12). But I guess my point is, none of us would ever have dared tell our parents or other friends that we had been sneaking into that home.

I am not suggesting that Abigail did anything similar. I just think there is a lot of wiggle room for what kids may do, or what situations they may end up in on a long walk home. There still could be a lot LE doesn't know.

That being said, I tend to believe Abby was picked up in a vehicle by an adult.

JMO

<modsnip>

I don't recall her walking with kids, I thought there was a quick bit about somebody walking behind her and seeing her turn down the dirt road, but nothing about a group of them. I may have missed it.

I've also wondered if anybody taking the bus may have got off and then went to meet her somewhere. I dunno. For some reason, I cannot get it out of my head that this has something to do with the fair the weekend prior to her disappearance.

MOD NOTE

Once again:

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI's.
  • We do not link to social networking profiles of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
  • We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
  • With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
  • Linking to social networking profiles/pages is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
  • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
  • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

FINAL WARNING -- TO's will follow, no questions asked.

*This post falls at random and applies to everyone, and no one in particular.
:bump:

I have been thinking about the dad's sweet little note to Abby! I'm beginning to believe they kept the dad out of the media at first because they thought she was a runaway and maybe she would contact the one person that wasn't in the middle of all the media attention etc.
Maybe LE/ FBI, etc held hope in the fact that if Abby did runway and see all of the attention she, her mom and sister are getting maybe Abby would be like hey I'm gonna contact my dad he seems to be out of the spot light maybe I can contact him and then he can help me out of this mess!! And now as a month went on and no sign LE had to take a new approach and brought RH out!! I'm just really trying to think if everything and I really just wish for the best outcome here! I really do! Please come home Abby!

When I was a couple years younger than Abby, myself and several other kids had quite a long walk home through our neighborhood from the point where the school bus dropped us off.

I was acquainted with these kids through school, but I wouldn't have called any of them close friends. One of the boys had noticed that a large home across the street (on a wooded, dead-end street) from his home was empty. It was a nice middle-class neighborhood so it wasn't an 'abandoned' home, just empty for the time being (no furniture, or residents. Possibly being prepared for sale or being remodeled?). For some reason it was always left unlocked. Anyhow, the boys in our little "group" somehow enticed us into sneaking into the home with them on several occasions after school when we were walking home. Everyone's parents worked, so nobody knew we didn't walk straight home. Nothing sinister happened, as we were quite young and it was both scary and thrilling to even have stepped foot into the home for five minutes.

Looking back, it was stupid and I would never do something like that now (It was years and years ago, I was about 12). But I guess my point is, none of us would ever have dared tell our parents or other friends that we had been sneaking into that home.

I am not suggesting that Abigail did anything similar. I just think there is a lot of wiggle room for what kids may do, or what situations they may end up in on a long walk home. There still could be a lot LE doesn't know.

That being said, I tend to believe Abby was picked up in a vehicle by an adult.

JMO

I'm pleased you posted this, because it reminded me about the shortcut I used to take home from school with a couple of friends. It was basically to cut over the school field and then a farmer's field, which took us straight into our street, but on the way there was an area of trees that we would treat as something of a "den" and just hang out there for a bit before going home, for a bit of gossip or whatever.

We thought we were so clever. :D Not so much when the farmer chased us home and told our parents we'd destroyed part of his land and given his father a minor heart attack with the stress. :blushing: I learned my lesson from that.

But anyway.. I do agree with the bit I've bolded.

AHA!!! finally an answer!!! maybe.

David Velasquez says that though Abigail Hernandez&#8217;s father, Ruben Hernandez, has only lived part time in New Hampshire, he is as close to Abigail as Abigail&#8217;s mother is.

Ruben Hernandez is an architect who spends half his time at a home in New Hampshire and half his time in his native state of Texas, according to Velasquez, of Houston, who is Ruben Hernandez&#8217;s nephew.

(snipped)

He said Ruben Hernandez has family with homes in Sugarland, Texas, and Houston. He said Abigail and her sister visited their father in Texas as recently as last Christmas.

He said she had been in touch with him since then, but he was unsure when.

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131106/NEWS07/131109598&template=newhampshire1407

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member