GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm...not exactly. let's not use the word 'protect'. maybe 'can't quite put a finger on'. or, 'fear'...

like what skibaboo said...we have no idea what the locals are discussing. for all we know a POI has been named behind closed doors and quietly crucified for what he/she/they have done with abigail. we simply don't know. just because it's not on facebook doesn't mean it isn't taking place.

also agree with cluciano, a crime against a child brings out rage in local folks...we only saw MSM's reporting of earnest volunteers in willow long's case. we don't know that they weren't cursing JD (the suspect in custody) with every breath they took and every move they made through those fields...

I think fear may be the word to use. I tend to think with all the kids leaving school and walking home that the someone that may have seen something is more than likely another 14 year old child who may be afraid to come forward. That's been my "fear" all along, that another child is sitting home torn apart knowing what happened and too afraid to come forward. An adult knows they can be protected, but a young teen wouldn't know that and would be more likely to not tell. We've all heard stories of unbelievable abuse that a teen has endured and never told because they were afraid to tell.

I guess they are having an online vigil tonight at 6pm. I fail to see how this will bring forth a guilty party.

I guess they are having an online vigil tonight at 6pm. I fail to see how this will bring forth a guilty party.

Hopefully the outpouring of support from the community will help the family see they're not alone. Otherwise, I agree. No one's likely to stand up in a fit of emotion at a vigil and suddenly confess to taking Abby. As frustrated as I am with the lack of information in this case, I can only imagine how many millions of times more frustrating this must be for Abby's mother and those that love her.

I believe the aim is to make a concentrated effort to have Abby's picture on as many facebook walls as possible in a short space of time, with the hope someone will see it and remember something. Considering the area has a very high tourist element it's a good idea, someone somewhere may have seen something and returned home unaware.

Dundee Road is a long mountain (not very well maintained) road that connects Rt 16A in Intervale to Jackson. 16A is accessed off Rt 16 after the scenic overlook - several miles north of North Conway (no where close to Abby's school or home).

How far is it from where her phone pinged?

that might be a good question for the mods. We can discuss what they say as long as it doesn't rise to the occasion of libel, and I'm sure that's the issue. If we write something here that would in any way defame a person's character than the website can be sued and that's why we have to be so careful. But if someone posts something on a public forum or another website I think we can post a link, without discussing it and that might be at least a workable compromise. It's just hard not to discuss and sometimes those discussions can teeter on that slippery edge. But I would think it might be worth asking for some clarification? This is such a hard case because we don't have anything to go on, so what the "local" chatter is is all we have to go on and it makes it hard to stick to just the facts when there aren't any. :banghead:

It's not really a position on libel. We don't link other forums because they aren't approved because they are most likely filled with rumor. We take the facts as they are reported and try to find the MP. There has been some forward movement with discussion of local RSO's and possible areas she could be, roads, etc.

If the person you are concerned about isn't a POI or a known local criminal, save that info until it can be discussed.

In Alanna Gallagher's case, we unapproved discussion of a minor neighbor who eventually was arrested for her murder. While we still didn't allow discussion forum input, all of his social media, etc. became approved.

I think the point of tonight's online vigil is to get the information about Abby being missing out to as many people as possible through social media.

It's not really a position on libel. We don't link other forums because they aren't approved because they are most likely filled with rumor. We take the facts as they are reported and try to find the MP. There has been some forward movement with discussion of local RSO's and possible areas she could be, roads, etc.

If the person you are concerned about isn't a POI or a known local criminal, save that info until it can be discussed.

In Alanna Gallagher's case, we unapproved discussion of a minor neighbor who eventually was arrested for her murder. While we still didn't allow discussion forum input, all of his social media, etc. became approved.

Makes sense. For instance, even fb pages can be mucked with, like the page for Zenya Hernandez. I'm not firmly convinced that is her page or that she had anything to do with it's creation. And rumors can lead us in the wrong direction and away from where we should be focusing. But those rumors are so much more tasty! So back to the old drawing board.

Does anyone have info on where the search teams focused their searches? Not the original searches but the more recent one.

Does anyone have info on where the search teams focused their searches? Not the original searches but the more recent one.

Pudding Pond always seems to be mentioned..

About pudding pond http://www.whitemountainmilers.com/pudding-pond-various-lengths

Pudding Pond is a great place to run if you’re ever in North Conway and short on travel time. The main trail is only about 2 miles long, but can be added to the nearby power lines and snowmobile trail if you’re looking t get in some more mileage. The nearby Green Hills Preserve has some great trails for those who like running up mountains. If do the loop around the pond in a counter clockwise motion, keep on the lookout for a piece of single track trail on your right just after you come out of the swampy/boggy section of the trail near the pond. It’s a great new trail that can take you all the way over to the “Pillar in the Woods”, an old granite pillar that was left by the side of the old railroad route from the Redstone Quarry. That trail adds another mile each way as an out and back and also you can make your way out to the power lines from there and hit the Corridor 19 snowmobile trail to Walmart or further in to the other Redstone Quarry ruins.

Directions: Take Artist Falls Rd. from Rt. 16 or the North-South Rd. to Thompson Rd. on your right. Follow Thompson rd. until you see the trailhead on the right before the power lines.

I talked to my sister who lives in Bartlett about Dundee Road. Why Dundee was mentioned in here earlier I don't know. It is another isolated area.

For me as a journalist it´s mighty hard to feel this muzzled by the rules here!
I keep checking Abby´s thread here every day, but rarely feel I have anything much to contribute due to the way this forum is run.
Of course, there is an alternative forum with the name starting with a "J", which is still moderated but much less conservatively so than WS. There is some good discussion going on there as well and I regularly follow that forum as well plus the unmoderated one starting with a "T". The North Conway "T" forum does not have much in the way of a AH discussion save a few very intriguing posts centering on that house by US 302 east of Fryeburg, ME. I fervently hope and pray that the "hunches" of that poster are being checked out by LE, however "eccentric" they may seem.

On another note:
Has anyone else here noticed the similarities appearance-wise between Brianna Maitland, Maura Murray and Abigail Hernandez?
It´s likely just a co-incidence, but still....

Just a thought that struck me after having followed the Maitland and Murray cases for years.

On another note:
Has anyone else here noticed the similarities appearance-wise between Brianna Maitland, Maura Murray and Abigail Hernandez?

Just a thought that struck me after having followed the Maitland and Murray cases for years.

SBM

I've thought of this as well, but do not believe Brianna Maitland's case to be related to any other missing person's case. At least, no other randomly missing person's case. If you read closely about Brianna's case, you'll come away with a pretty good suspect, IMO, and it wasn't random. I think local LE basically know what happened to her. I don't think it was isolated, and I think they're just lacking the evidence to put her assailant away.

As for Maura Murray possibly being connected to Abby's disappearance, I think there's a slightly better chance that those two are related than there is that Brianna's is. Abby's a bit younger than Maura, but it's more likely (IMO) that Abby was kidnapped by a perp that likes young adult women than one that likes younger girls- or young boys- as some have speculated on this thread.

I have a hard time with the idea that this was a random act by a serial predator. I just don't see that as being the case here. I think Abby was at least somewhat familiar with whoever took her, though obviously, anything is possible.

Off topic somewhat............

I would like to sincerely apologize for my rude and crass behavior some days ago on this thread via comments regarding others posting on this thread. I have no excuse to give. I was wrong and hurtful.I have had plenty of time to soul-search and I am very ashamed of myself. That said...........

Fervently hoping for a break in finding Abby soon.
Sorry everyone and thanks for listening.

For me as a journalist it´s mighty hard to feel this muzzled by the rules here!
I keep checking Abby´s thread here every day, but rarely feel I have anything much to contribute due to the way this forum is run.
Of course, there is an alternative forum with the name starting with a "J", which is still moderated but much less conservatively so than WS. There is some good discussion going on there as well and I regularly follow that forum as well plus the unmoderated one starting with a "T". The North Conway "T" forum does not have much in the way of a AH discussion save a few very intriguing posts centering on that house by US 302 east of Fryeburg, ME. I fervently hope and pray that the "hunches" of that poster are being checked out by LE, however "eccentric" they may seem.

On another note:

I have tried to follow along to see if any locals are posting in the comments section of local newspaper articles. Nothing much going on there. Few articles and high moderation of the wacky do commentators that seem to offer...nothing.

The only activity i see on going in the case is the Missing Abigail Facebook page. Nothing from Le in days. Maybe its me, but I find it really weird. Even this forum is quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx