GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked out the Missing Abigail page. The description said she had on "brown" boots. Le had stated she had on black boots. The bringabbyhome web page also says "black boots. Why the change in color on the MIssing page?

ok ok, I know, I just said that I was back to lurk mode, but another thought hit me after I typed it, honest. :floorlaugh:

Has anyone up there heard anything around the court house as to whether or not any warrants have been issued for anything pertaining to this case? I read take's post, and it got me thinking as to whether or not the cops might have gotten warrants to search certain people's properties or homes (such as sex offenders), other people that the family knew who might be suspicious, school, etc.

I suspect it was a slip on the page's part and nothing much to read into. Go with what is being said by LE and the FBI timeline.

ok ok, I know, I just said that I was back to lurk mode, but another thought hit me after I typed it, honest. :floorlaugh:

Has anyone up there heard anything around the court house as to whether or not any warrants have been issued for anything pertaining to this case? I read take's post, and it got me thinking as to whether or not the cops might have gotten warrants to search certain people's properties or homes (such as sex offenders), other people that the family knew who might be suspicious, school, etc.

I personally have not heard of any, but state police major crimes, the atty general and fbi are the lead on this case so I would say its safe to assume it would be done thru carroll county superior court and that a judge would automatically seal all said supporting affadavits and warrants so they don't get leaked......

OT but does anyone know if this feature is available on tapatalk?

I'm several days behind on this thread. Life happened :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Sorry if this has already been answered and explained, but I, too use Tapatalk from one of my tablets and yes, you absolutely can quote multiple posts at a time, tho, slightly different from the way CatFancier described(actually the Tapatalk format makes it even easier/simpler)

When you come upon a post that you would like to quote, but would still like to keep reading and possibly adding other posts so that you may reply to all of the posts at one time.. All you have to do is tap on the post you'd like to start with, the post will become highlighted, along with giving you the menu of several different options of what you'd like to do with the highlighted post(ie. Quote, Thanks, Share, Multi, etc)..

You'll want to tap on the "Multi" option which will automatically save that particular post allowing you to continue reading other posts.. If/when you come upon other posts that you would like to add you can simply click on the add button that you will see as an option once having initially started to collect multiple posts.. At any time when you are ready to, you simply click on the "Quote" option, instead of continuing to add more posts.. It will keep a tally of how many posts you have collected and once you tap on the "Quote" option it will then open you a new reply page with ALL OF THE MULTIPLE POSTS that you have clicked on and wish to reply to in one, single post..

Anyhow, sorry so long..hope that helps:)

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

I just checked out the Missing Abigail page. The description said she had on "brown" boots. Le had stated she had on black boots. The bringabbyhome web page also says "black boots. Why the change in color on the MIssing page?

I just did some searching, and found that the FBI page says black boots, the NCMEC page says tall boots (no color), and I found news articles from October 10th, 11th, and 12th saying "tall brown boots".

I think it depends on where people making missing posters and pictures, or typing up missing person info to post in various places, are getting their information, as to what info they include.

LookingHoping, a "slip."? I guess i tend to read things as part of sleuthing. I also wonder why not one person followed up on that page and asked why did they say "brown" boots?

Missing persons "last seen wearing" is often incorrect, later corrected, or just plain different, depending on the source, in so many cases. So it is not really a surprise to me.

donna, good questions. and i don't often subscribe to "reporter error". the 6:30 phone call for example.

she walked down the eagle's way bus route and according to DF hooked a right onto a non-travelled powerline trail which ironically, as per LE, was her "usual route" though there are no cameras nor eyewitnesses to substantiate this claim...all the while texting her boyfriend of 9 months whose texts, as LE states, were "innocuous".

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/23911566/one-month-later-still-no-sign-of-abby-hernandez

so by all accounts, LE/last to see her (DF)/last to text her (JC)/mom (should've been on the bus)...nothing was wrong at all.

bull. IMO...

donna, good questions. and i don't often subscribe to "reporter error". the 6:30 phone call for example.

she walked down the eagle's way bus route and according to DF hooked a right onto a non-travelled powerline trail which ironically, as per LE, was her "usual route" though there are no cameras nor eyewitnesses to substantiate this claim...all the while texting her boyfriend of 9 months whose texts, as LE states, were "innocuous".

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/23911566/one-month-later-still-no-sign-of-abby-hernandez

so by all accounts, LE/last to see her (DF)/last to text her (JC)/mom (should've been on the bus)...nothing was wrong at all.

bull. IMO...
There has to be some bull, the 6:30 call has been bothering me since the beginning. The rest not as much. Again, I used different ways home all the time, certainly a newer school and checking out routes. I do agree there is that possibility she went that way for a very specific reason. But that 6:30 reported call, it was on the NHLE FB page which is where I first saw it. So not just from Fish and Game. It was there and reported and then poof! I'm going to go see if it is still there!

Even supposing the 6:30 call happened...the point of keeping it secret, whatever that may be, has not panned out apparently. It has been five weeks. They seem to have nothing. JMO

There has to be some bull, the 6:30 call has been bothering me since the beginning. The rest not as much. Again, I used different ways home all the time, certainly a newer school and checking out routes. I do agree there is that possibility she went that way for a very specific reason. But that 6:30 reported call, it was on the NHLE FB page which is where I first saw it. So not just from Fish and Game. It was there and reported and then poof! I'm going to go see if it is still there!

agreed, for a very specific reason. as catfancier pointed out, what "usual route" does a bus-driven freshman have??? she'd been in school for 30 days. that's it. count the calendar days.

here are my sticky points:

- 6:30 phone call. IMO it exists. fish & game screwed up and JY isn't happy.
- 'usual route'. aw c'mon. bull. that's what her friends told LE. i'm hoping they're not that stupid.
- bus. mom says yes, LE says no. my guess is that abby didn't want the former knowing what she did nor expecting the latter to look into it.
- facebook. robust my lily white arske. JMO
- texts. ok folks read one of the latest and greatest from one of her biggest fans on fb.
- friends. where are they? super-secret-private-facebook-posts-because-they-don't-want-anyone-to-know-they-support-their-missing-friend? really?

:twocents:

Back for a while. Steelslady, I just thought it a bit odd that the latest poster picture of Abby on the Missing page stated that Abby had on "brown boots" when all along we had heard she had on black boots. I was told here it could of been an "error" I do not belie ve after all this time there should be an "error. I also found it strange that no one called them on the "error>

It seems to me that no one in North Conway seems to have an opinion of what happened or they are very afraid to state one. But, that is just my opinion.

You know what, I just realized that we are all making assumptions regarding teens and phones. They actually do not all have phone in hand all the time. I know many parents, myself included, fighting with their teens to charge the dang thing and have it on with volume. So maybe for AH, she wasn't a huge tester. Maybe she would get home, go on co outer and hit social media to chat with friends that way. That is what goes on here. I have more do my kids' friends programmed in my phone than they do in theirs'. The friends will often text me, PLEASE HAVE _____CALL ME. Usually in regards to plans coming up soon and the kid still isn't using the phone. I know it is common in many we see, but there are plenty that do not text away every free moment. I notice the ones who come here and are attached to the phone, they are in the minority in all of my kids' friend groups.

Yes! That's my experience too. I have 2 kids in high school. Only this year has the oldest even started taking his phone to school regularly. Before now, we would have to remind him to take it if he was doing something after school or we were going on a day trip. Usually we'd have to remind him to charge it too. This year, post-Sandy Hook, the school allows students to carry cell phones with them as long as they do not use them during class. That's why my son know takes his--he can text w/ his girlfriend. It's a huge school with a lot of buildings. It's a quick way to make plans with friends.

The younger one always has his but it is never turned on unless he needs to make a call. I am trying to get him in the habit of turning it on at the end of the school day. Last year if I needed to get ahold of him, I'd call his friend who was sitting next to him on the bus.

I know the stereotype in popular culture is that kids are always texting. From what I see in social situations, the adults are often texting more than kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazasmurf