GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, let's please be careful about the posts being made here... If they go outside of TOS, the thread will be closed down. All the talk about FB pages can get it closed.

Just a warning...I know it is frustrating, but there are reasons for the rules...

I'd hate to see Abby's thread closed down. Abby and her family need to know that we care.

i thought that it was ok to discuss that FB page in particular because it has been in several of the news reports? That's the only reason why I reference that one, if I broke a rule, very sorry Mods, it was a misunderstanding on my part.

Yup. Born and raised in NH. You mind your own business, no matter what. And I'm not Italian.

Thanks Jaykayelle, I had not seen this brought up before. I now live in North Carolina, where everybody's business is known to everybody. New Hampshire really sticks out in my mind about how private/secretive people can be.

I don't think a lot of people in N. Compton knew Abby and her family. They have moved around a bit.

The County Nursing Home where Zenya works was collecting money to help her out a bit and the running club she belonged to held the vigil.

Abby seemed to be tied up with her BF and his family.

Other than knowing some school mates I don't think they were a big part of the locals that have lived in one house, all gone to school together, raising their families with each other. We have towns like that in Indiana. My son lives in one. People have never left that town and they pretty much know everybody and everything about the old timers. The newbees are newbees for about 20 years.

I think not too many knew of Zenya, Sarah and Abby.

MOO

I don't find this offensive at all and I'm born and bred New England. One of the biggest issues as a teen was my not worrying about what others thought and my parents being horrified if anybody knew anything! Issues, Quiet down and don't tell. I never saw it as geographic thing but it appears it is! THe worst case always, was somebody finding out life wasn't all good and happy. Not in the way some may thing, in that "pretend to have a perfect life" type of way. Just that familial stuff was very private and nobody elses business unless you yourself decided that person was trustworthy. Even then, it needed to be ok'd. Not specifically, you just needed to watch and make sure it was something that wasn't meant for the house only. I actually thought it was more of an Italian thing! Learn something new everyday!

Do others agree that are from New England?

Yup :) I've lived all my life in 3 New England states, so I'll vouch for that. Growing up, it wasn't in a "let's pretend everything's perfect" way, but more a "everyone minds their own business" way. There's also a bit of distrust of outsiders (people "not from around here" or "from away", also sometimes called "flatlanders"). New Englanders depend on tourism dollars but we also worry about too many people moving in and trying to change our way of life. And we try not to not complain too much about things like mud season or having to shovel snow all the time - we just deal with that stuff and move on :)

I don't want to give the impression that New Englanders don't care about other people. If someone is having troubles, we help however we can - we just tend to not make a big deal/fuss about it.

I don't think a lot of people in N. Compton knew Abby and her family. They have moved around a bit.

The County Nursing Home where Zenya works was collecting money to help her out a bit and the running club she belonged to held the vigil.

Abby seemed to be tied up with her BF and his family.

Other than knowing some school mates I don't think they were a big part of the locals that have lived in one house, all gone to school together, raising their families with each other. We have towns like that in Indiana. My son lives in one. People have never left that town and they pretty much know everybody and everything about the old timers. The newbees are newbees for about 20 years.

I think not too many knew of Zenya, Sarah and Abby.

MOO

From what I have read, all of the rental homes were in towns where the kids wouldn't have had to change schools. Up here in the country, several towns go to one school- Abby lived in the towns that were all from the same school district, so she would be well known amongst the kids.

Why no police sketch?????? They talked to this man 3 days after she went missing. We've all seen it "May be with a male approx height, and female, etc. " And show a police sketch.

SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE!!!!!

Can somebody link me the original story, is it in the case files? If so I'll dig, just don't want to spend 3 hours when it is already midnightLOL

From what I have read, all of the rental homes were in towns where the kids wouldn't have had to change schools. Up here in the country, several towns go to one school- Abby lived in the towns that were all from the same school district, so she would be well known amongst the kids.

Not sure if this is common everywhere, but around here we have school districts in rural areas. You have a group of small towns, usually an elementary each town and then one middle and one highschool. Often compromised of 3-5 towns.

Yes but don't several middle schools pour into that one High School? I am sure she would know some of the kids that she went to middle school with but believe me kids don't seem to know anybody but their circle of friends once they get into the larger high schools.

When I went to school there were under 100 in my graduating class. We knew everybody, their family, where they lived and just about everything about them.

Not so much with todays kids.

Around here when you get to middle school, you've met all the people in the district in your class. Much different from where I grew up where there were a few middle schools and moving into HS was a much bigger deal, 50/75 percent more kids to meet and get to know, etc. Here it is usually just one MS and one HS

My kids have about 200, we are in one of the much bigger towns...though on the outskirts so I do everything in the much more rural town (should have just moved there and paid lower taxesLOL it is about 1/4 mile driving and probably best measured in yards walking through woods to the town line Anyway, they have a huge district though very small towns individually. I didn't move there due to the size of the one MS and one HS. Much Much bigger than my suburban town down in MA!

Why no police sketch?????? They talked to this man 3 days after she went missing. We've all seen it "May be with a male approx height, and female, etc. " And show a police sketch.

SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE!!!!!

Can somebody link me the original story, is it in the case files? If so I'll dig, just don't want to spend 3 hours when it is already midnightLOL

There is no "original" story, Looking. There was some unsubstantiated chatter about a possible runaway connection to Tennessee early on but the recent statement on FB is new to all of us, IMO. LE has not acknowledged nor lent any credibility to this new story of a sighting of AH on 10/10/13.

I don't know why it assumed this story was not checked out and found not to be her. That is my belief.

Next question, if it was Abby in Errol, did she go willingly?

It was stated that she was out in front of the store with the two other people. That seams to indicate that she was there willingly (superficially, I know). Maybe it started out willingly? Now, it's not so much?

There is no "original" story, Looking. There was some unsubstantiated chatter about a possible runaway connection to Tennessee early on but the recent statement on FB is new to all of us, IMO. LE has not acknowledged nor lent any credibility to this new story of a sighting of AH on 10/10/13.

No they haven't lent any credibility to this OLD story of a sighting.

With that said I am wondering how somebody that thinks they saw Abby can be sure. Eyewitnesses are said to be very inaccurate so unless he knew her personally..just speculation.

With that said what would make him tell the FBI and then remain quiet for one month and then one day tell everybody? What was the motivation for the big reveal?

I swear all of this makes no sense.

I am wondering if LE told him to reveal...that makes the most sense to me!

At least this little bit of new news keeps Abby's topic alive with speculation at least that she might be found and something to talk about.

Next question, if it was Abby in Errol, did she go willingly?

Weird to think that quickly she'd be standing around with an abductor she didn't know, wouldn't it be? I mean, maybe 24 hours after being abducted, being allowed to stand in public. I think this was a case of people or at least one person she knew and thought she could trust. Let's hope she was right.

This silent day, when we about gave up hope...

I don't know why it assumed this story was not checked out and found not to be her. That is my belief.

Those negatives have my head spinning, Clu. :crazy: Are you saying what I am feeling? That LE checked it out, discounted the sighting and moved on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman