GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here when you get to middle school, you've met all the people in the district in your class. Much different from where I grew up where there were a few middle schools and moving into HS was a much bigger deal, 50/75 percent more kids to meet and get to know, etc. Here it is usually just one MS and one HS

My granddaughters high school pours in about 12 middle school from three cities. I believe they have over 1,000 Freshmen. Amazing.

In our city same thing. Three cities with several middle schools in each one.

Lots of kids that have no idea whose...who???

I guess I am what one would call a 'big city girl'. LOL

Holy cow, that's a lot of middle schools!

And I'm angry right now thining that if this guy did see her, if FBI doesn't have solid proof it was NOT her WTH? why didn't the FBI let people know? Had they, imagine all the alerts in the communities. Amber Alert may have even worked. The Kanc runs along a mountain ridge and river. Really not a anywhere to TURN OFF and head out of town!!!!!

OK back to this sighting. Can you explain to us out of state ers where this sighting was and tell us something about it? Try and make some sense out of it so we have some kind of idea where this all happened.

How many towns away.
Type of area.
Anything...

TIA

His posts began on the 27th of October. Says that Friday night, which I assume is the 11th from his postings, is when he realized she was missing and called. So it was a 2 week period before he began posting about her. Clearly a friend of the page. Maybe watching to see if anything came of it? Um, he's a New Englander so one of us private freaksLOL Wouldn't just start yelling to the public he saw this girl and it was her and make a change in an investigation. Just saying!LOL

Those negatives have my head spinning, Clu. :crazy: Are you saying what I am feeling? That LE checked it out, discounted the sighting and moved on?

Yes, sorry...it does read awkwardly, but I feel certain LE would check out any tips or sightings. I believe they said they have been checking out several.

K, here is a website description http://www.kancamagushighway.com I hated driving on that thing, I hate heights so I'd sleep and lean towards the mountainLOL But, we'd make many stops and swim in the river in some areas where it was suitable (or close to it).

Here is a map, I added Cranmore into this so you can see how she'd have gone right past where the phone pinged https://maps.google.com/maps?client...00&ei=Ew-DUubQLM-rkQf36oGYCA&ved=0CJcBEPwSMAo

Again, i live about 45 minutes from Conway area so I'm not a local, but have lived in NE all my life. I'm sure somebody that has hiked all around the kanc can tell you more details. I have only threatened to take my kids there thus far.

OK back to this sighting. Can you explain to us out of state ers where this sighting was and tell us something about it? Try and make some sense out of it so we have some kind of idea where this all happened.

How many towns away.
Type of area.
Anything...

TIA

This alleged sighting was in Errol, NH which is about 90 minutes due north. You would take the 16N directly from North Conway to Errol. It's about 65 miles north.

The Kanc, FWIW, runs almost directly East/West from Conway to Woodstock.

Question is, if this is a real sighting... did they go 26 north or south? Or keep going on 16. to nowhere land.

I'd like to believe they weren't getting over the border. I think of all the girls that age with dark hair and at one point in this case, 2 weeks ago or so I was thinking if this is a trafficking case I'm sure they'd have a bunch of passports to fit the same look of girl. The girl this man says she was with had long dark hair.

Yes, sorry...it does read awkwardly, but I feel certain LE would check out any tips or sightings. I believe they said they have been checking out several.

I'm just playing, Clu. I agree completely. :loveyou:

It is all we've got, so why not? Better than sitting here twiddling thumbs. I still find it weird they'd tell us of unconfirmed sightings in NConway but not tell us of an unconfirmed possible sighting in Errol. I mean 2 days in you'd think they would mention it. They've let out info and taken it back on many cases. Maybe be here. May be with ____. So 2 days into this they have somebody possibly sighting them an hour and a half away and don't mention it. I'm sorry, that's off to me. Unless this guy is a known cookoo or something. Doesn't appear that way.

Unless LE already knows something that we don't, right?

ETA: don't get me wrong...I'm all for trying to figure out what happened to AH, obviously. But, I'm sure LE got many tips called in. Hopefully, some of them have been credible and they are building a case as we speak. I don't see LE holding back a credible sighting for all of this time. I just don't. But it certainly warrants hashing out and speculating upon and being taken through all of the ringers that we at WS are known for being so good at. If any of what we discuss helps find AH, it's all good. No twiddling of thumbs here!!

Yeah, but we've been saying that all along, yet we are over a month now so do they know something or nothing at all? If they know something how in the world can it not be helpful to let the public know at that point. Snow is coming, If she's dead she will not be found for 6 months if there isn't a push. Why wait and hold info?

What could they know that is worth keeping tight lipped about for a month while a child is missing? Id say they'd need to be very certain about their knowledge and very certain they could do something about it. ??????????

Yeah, but we've been saying that all along, yet we are over a month now so do they know something or nothing at all? If they know something how in the world can it not be helpful to let the public know at that point. Snow is coming, If she's dead she will not be found for 6 months if there isn't a push. Why wait and hold info?

What could they know that is worth keeping tight lipped about for a month while a child is missing? Id say they'd need to be very certain about their knowledge and very certain they could do something about it. ??????????

I can see many reasons for LE to keep information away from the public before they find AH if they suspect foul play. I cannot see any reason, if they find any alleged sighting of her credible, that they would keep that info private. Does that help clarify my position for you? I don't mean to be combative, AT ALL. It's so friggin' upsetting that we don't know more, can't help more, can't find more! I just pray that her family gets some answers soon.

It is beyond frustrating, angering, etc.

I have one more theory on this though. What if they believe this male was in fact involved in trafficking and was going to sell these girls for money I think at that point the ring they were trying to break up would be too big to give us any details. It could possibly even spread over the border involving international issues. I do not think they'd say a word if they were thinking they were getting close to breaking up even one small section of something like that.

Honestly, I still think somebody she knew picked her up, said Hey, Ab, Want a ride? and she got in never to be seen alive again.

My mind agrees with you, MamaJoJo, my heart wants to keep trying to find this girl and come up with reasons. We all know, reasons, finding, living... not likely. If it were my kid though, I would want people to keep thinking and be sure she wasn't forgotten and left for dead to be found 10 plus years down the road by some hunter.

Sorry if this has already been answered and explained, but I, too use Tapatalk from one of my tablets and yes, you absolutely can quote multiple posts at a time, tho, slightly different from the way CatFancier described(actually the Tapatalk format makes it even easier/simpler)

When you come upon a post that you would like to quote, but would still like to keep reading and possibly adding other posts so that you may reply to all of the posts at one time.. All you have to do is tap on the post you'd like to start with, the post will become highlighted, along with giving you the menu of several different options of what you'd like to do with the highlighted post(ie. Quote, Thanks, Share, Multi, etc)..

You'll want to tap on the "Multi" option which will automatically save that particular post allowing you to continue reading other posts.. If/when you come upon other posts that you would like to add you can simply click on the add button that you will see as an option once having initially started to collect multiple posts.. At any time when you are ready to, you simply click on the "Quote" option, instead of continuing to add more posts.. It will keep a tally of how many posts you have collected and once you tap on the "Quote" option it will then open you a new reply page with ALL OF THE MULTIPLE POSTS that you have clicked on and wish to reply to in one, single post..

Anyhow, sorry so long..hope that helps:)

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Thank you for answering!

I'm using tapatalk on iPad. I don't see a multi option. I have 'share','open in safari', 'thanks', 'quote' and 'flag' as my only options once I tap the post. Am I missing something? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

agreed, for a very specific reason. as catfancier pointed out, what "usual route" does a bus-driven freshman have??? she'd been in school for 30 days. that's it. count the calendar days.

here are my sticky points:

- 6:30 phone call. IMO it exists. fish & game screwed up and JY isn't happy.
- 'usual route'. aw c'mon. bull. that's what her friends told LE. i'm hoping they're not that stupid.
- bus. mom says yes, LE says no. my guess is that abby didn't want the former knowing what she did nor expecting the latter to look into it.
- facebook. robust my lily white arske. JMO
- texts. ok folks read one of the latest and greatest from one of her biggest fans on fb.
- friends. where are they? super-secret-private-facebook-posts-because-they-don't-want-anyone-to-know-they-support-their-missing-friend? really?

:twocents:

Just jumping off your post, regarding Facebook accounts. If we are not Facebook friends with any one of Abby's friends, family or neighbors; we will not see their day-to-day posts unless their page settings are set to public. Hardly anyone sets their settings to public. What you will usually see is photos they have used in the past as their profile or banner pictures. That's it. So if they aren't changing their profile picture, it will look like their Facebook is silent but in all reality they are probably posting several times a day, every day. JMO :)

Everything above is JMO!

My granddaughters high school pours in about 12 middle school from three cities. I believe they have over 1,000 Freshmen. Amazing.

In our city same thing. Three cities with several middle schools in each one.

Lots of kids that have no idea whose...who???

I guess I am what one would call a 'big city girl'. LOL

Our county of 54,000 is spread out pretty wide and rural. We have only one incorporated city....the rest of the county is made up of many 'villages'. But we have only 2 high schools in the entire county and both of those high schools are located in the city. All of the kids here are bussed in to the city for high school. There are 10 grammar schools spread throughout the county but they all go k-8th grade. So 5 grammar schools graduate into each of the high schools.

If N.Conway schools are similar, Abby would know only a small percentage of freshman in that first month of high school. And maybe she wasn't popular at her middle school. At my high school there were about 900 students, 240 in my class. I knew who they were, but many of them have no idea that I ever existed. I was a shy introvert. Did my homework and hung out with a small crowd of shy but sweet kids. JMO but Abby seems shy to me.

Everything above is JMO!

His posts began on the 27th of October. Says that Friday night, which I assume is the 11th from his postings, is when he realized she was missing and called. So it was a 2 week period before he began posting about her. Clearly a friend of the page. Maybe watching to see if anything came of it? Um, he's a New Englander so one of us private freaksLOL Wouldn't just start yelling to the public he saw this girl and it was her and make a change in an investigation. Just saying!LOL

He is also an older gentleman who may not have even known about her missing page in fb until Oct 27 when he started posting her missing poster. It doesn't look like he is a daily fb person, posts sporadically.

Everything above is JMO!

New England people are really private, that is something I can agree with. I have been here forever, but I have Texas blood in my veins so you can only imagine how that is, living here.

I can see people questioning if they did or didn't see her. I would hope to always go with your own gut and just call it in. Even if they are wrong, it doesn't matter!!!!

After the recent girls that did run off, I can only hope that is the case. At this point it is 50/50 because we don't have anything to go on. Come home Abby!!! I read her friends page and they are so sad and heartbroken, I can only imagine how her mom and the rest of her family is going through. I'll like to give them a big hug, and cook them dinner.

This is cotes sports center in Errol, the location of the sighting http://www.llcote.com/servlet/StoreFront

It even has a live webcam on the web site so I'm pretty sure it will have security cameras etc. RM doesn't say exactly when he reported it to LE, I am assuming he did it right away on the 11th. That gives LE over 4 weeks to check the cameras. Wouldn't we have heard of a confirmed sighting by now if it was Abby? I'm really hoping here but IDK how much faith I can put in a sighting from a witness who didn't know Abby was missing at the time, and didn't know her personally for her to stand out and register in the memory. The memory in that scenario isn't 100% reliable and a lot of girls look like Abby, pretty, long dark hair, RM even said the other girl had long dark hair too.

I know this happened with Hannah Anderson but the circumstances of that sighting were different.

He is also an older gentleman who may not have even known about her missing page in fb until Oct 27 when he started posting her missing poster. It doesn't look like he is a daily fb person, posts sporadically.

Everything above is JMO!

I do believe that this MA gentleman sincerely believes that he did spot AH in Erroll, NH. Now, we know that many girls out there look a lot like AH, so he might have seen AH or he may have seen a girl who looked a lot like AH but was not in fact her.

The timing of the supposed sighting does make sense IMHO. Erroll, NH, is a place of some 300 people basically in the middle of nowhere. From there you can take NH 26 west which eventually takes you into northern VT or you can go NH 16 north into the wilds of ME. And Canada is close by, but in these days it's no easier getting into Canada than into the US with the ramped-up passport requirements, etc, etc. At many of the smaller border posts between Canada and NEw Hampshire, Vermont and Maine there are so few vehicles crossing the border daily that the Canadian border officials would be more likely than not to check out a vehicle carefully, as they would likely have the time to do so.

This possible sighting of AH makes me think of a possible sighting of Maura Murray in Barton, VT, on Fathers day 2005 when a gentleman in a Barton church was adamant that the had seen MM in that church and spoken to her. As far as I know LE never publicly verified this and I personally feel that this purported sighting of MM may well have been legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3