GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw he said he didn't know it was her until the next day, friday the 11th, when he checked into a motel and saw it on the news. so he knew well before he started posting.

i assume (perhaps incorrectly) that he contacted the FBI and the Conway PD on the 11th...never did we hear of any search or police cruisers flying up highway 16 to errol...so my guess is it was unsubstantiated. but who knows...

I am really excited to read about the cameras where Abby might have been sighted.

That alone will tell the tale. I love those cameras!

fwiw he said he didn't know it was her until the next day, friday the 11th, when he checked into a motel and saw it on the news. so he knew well before he started posting.

i assume (perhaps incorrectly) that he contacted the FBI and the Conway PD on the 11th...never did we hear of any search or police cruisers flying up highway 16 to errol...so my guess is it was unsubstantiated. but who knows...

Even though he realized it was AH once he got to his motel on the 11th, he actually states that he called the FBI on the 12th, when he returned home from his camping trip (per his 10/27 post).

Even though he realized it was AH once he got to his motel on the 11th, he actually states that he called the FBI on the 12th, when he returned home from his camping trip (per his 10/27 post).

ah you're right. duh. i need more coffee...:blushing:

May I ask what your take is on this alleged sighting, Rabbit?

I just want to assure you guys the best I can, that the FBI and state police have been monitoring the "Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez" facebook page.... and they watch it closely..... IMO it would not shock me to find that SS and ICAC watch it 24 hours a day!!!

my thoughts. why did this 'eyewitness' take such notice of the group (the guy, girl and possibly Abby) this was supposedly on the Thursday, yet he says he didn't know Abby was missing until the Friday. He gives us a lot of unnecessary extra information, like that he was camping and then stayed at a motel in the same area and that he was raised a Christian etc etc

something to consider

Mistaken eyewitnesses helped convict three quarters of the 273 people who have been freed from U.S. prisons on DNA evidence presented by the Innocence Project, a nonprofit legal organization that challenges dubious prosecutions

http://theweek.com/article/index/221008/is-eyewitness-testimony-too-unreliable-to-trust

I do believe that this MA gentleman sincerely believes that he did spot AH in Erroll, NH. Now, we know that many girls out there look a lot like AH, so he might have seen AH or he may have seen a girl who looked a lot like AH but was not in fact her.

The timing of the supposed sighting does make sense IMHO. Erroll, NH, is a place of some 300 people basically in the middle of nowhere. From there you can take NH 26 west which eventually takes you into northern VT or you can go NH 16 north into the wilds of ME. And Canada is close by, but in these days it's no easier getting into Canada than into the US with the ramped-up passport requirements, etc, etc. At many of the smaller border posts between Canada and NEw Hampshire, Vermont and Maine there are so few vehicles crossing the border daily that the Canadian border officials would be more likely than not to check out a vehicle carefully, as they would likely have the time to do so.

This possible sighting of AH makes me think of a possible sighting of Maura Murray in Barton, VT, on Fathers day 2005 when a gentleman in a Barton church was adamant that the had seen MM in that church and spoken to her. As far as I know LE never publicly verified this and I personally feel that this purported sighting of MM may well have been legit.

Regarding border crossing: Especially if it is one adult with minors. I crossed last year in VT. I was let over but not without a good amt of questioning because I did not have a letter with me from my kids' father.

I can't figure out when any of us sleep lol...no discernible pattern. I don't think I would make a good detective..........

In general terms, this alleged sighting happened while JY and the rest of LE were holding daily pressers and saying that all leads were being followed up. reports at that time mentioned that "they have received dozens of tips, but it is clear they have frustratingly little information. "

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109478-missing-101413

Errol being only 90 minutes away, I have no doubt that they followed up quickly, considering this man's sincerity.

Errol is a town with a population of only about 300. Of that some 1% is Hispanic which means only about 3 people in town are Hispanic. It would be very easy for the store owner to review his video and determine if he knew the people who were seen.

Having said that, the sighting was 24 hours after her disappearance. My question is if they are on the run, why stop in a town only 65 miles away where they would stick out like a sore thumb and stay overnight and into the next day?

Just trying to be logical here. I don't think that LE is trying to hide info on a credible sighting. Maybe it just wasn't her.

By now I am sure they have had hundreds of sincere people reporting seeing her.

Just my opinion.

ETA: I would love to know what she was wearing when he saw her

Just a little insight on the whole insider/outsider knowing/not knowing people in high school....

The fact that they did a vigil and raised money for the family means they consider her as one of their own. In New Hampshire you take care of your own first.

Towns around the area are small population wise. I am born and raised in NH. My graduating class was 100 and consisted of 3 towns. All the schools around me were regional type schools. We knew kids from all of the regional schools around us and it was common to travel 3 or 4 towns away to hang out. Cross country isn't as big as track. She most likely would have been on a middle school track team as they are saying she was involved in track. Being involved in a sport would have broadened the people you know. I did track. When you go to track meets its usually the same schools that you compete against and the same people do the same events every meet. That would really broaden out her network of friends, especially now in the days of Facebook where people add people they passed in the grocery store as friends.

It is almost impossible to not know a bunch of people. Whether you want to know them or not ;)

I can't figure out when any of us sleep lol...no discernible pattern. I don't think I would make a good detective..........

I go to bed at around 4am and get up around 11am (UK) I blame the internetsssss, and texas ;)

Thank you for answering!

I'm using tapatalk on iPad. I don't see a multi option. I have 'share','open in safari', 'thanks', 'quote' and 'flag' as my only options once I tap the post. Am I missing something? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Tap to highlight two or more posts. Then tap "quote" . The reply window will open with the quoted posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen