GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to believe mom was alerted by something, too. Dead air call at that time is a great possible theory and the idea they had an active abduction (though no trace for amber alert) would be a reason to have the large and fast response.

Power trail is off Eagles Way.

I dont understand the point of taking the power line trail when the road you will end up on is directly at the end of the road your school is on..

I used to think something was shady about the taking of the power line trail, but I think IMO, I've ruled out that thats where she went missing from.

Authorities declined most help in those early searches stating terrain concerns and not wanting people lost thereby deferring professionals from their search for AH to a search for them. Hampering possible evidence I'm sure is always a concern on the initial search push, too, especially if they suspect foul play. The thing is, The locals know the areas, they are out on the trails on their atv's, hunters, hikers, skiers.

I suppose at the time the bf would have been a key person, possible suspect, which would have caused them not wanting him out looking with his dad and a bunch of friends.

They weren't taking any help from volunteers though. Only that one organization a few days/week or so later, but they are experienced as a team and work closely with family and LE

I dont understand the point of taking the power line trail when the road you will end up on is directly at the end of the road your school is on..

I used to think something was shady about the taking of the power line trail, but I think IMO, I've ruled out that thats where she went missing from.

Going missing from there makes no sense, I agree 100%

Does North South Rd go by any other street/road names or nicknames? And is it considered a State Highway, a County Road, Spur or Farm to Market Rd? Just curious............

The many moves does not concern me. It is a ski resort type town. It could be after the divorce, she moved the girls into furnished off season rentals in order to save money for her own furnishings. Off season can be quite cheap as the owners (often out of state) want to keep the place occupied.

Or it could be the places they were renting were sold and the new owners wanted to occupy the property.

The moves are not a red flag to me.

From the beginning I picture a car driving up with a familiar driver saying, hop in I'll give you a ride. Then poof.

This is exactly what I think. I can imagine myself doing it too, I've been walking a while and I'm a little tired, I'm not too far from home but in a car it's minutes away, and I see this dude all the time so I'm not concerned at all.

Another thought... Lets say the North South Road Unconfirmed sightings until 3:30 ish were actually Abby....
Maybe she didnt start walking at 2:30 right when school got out..Maybe she stopped to talk to friends for a few mintes. If she left say, at 2:50ish, it is possible that her approx 37 min walk put her on North South Road at approx 3:20/3:30.. But if her phone last pinged at 3:07, maybe her battery died before she got home...
I know these smart phone batteries die fairly quickly.. and if someone were to use their phone all day, by this time of day, its likely the battery could have died. :scared:

I still think she made it home!
She wasTaken from there and a call was made on her phone to mom saying we have your daughter!
mom calls LE, LE alerts fbi etc etc ...
A ransom of some kind is made and dad wants verification his daughter is alive and requests the favorite scripture code. Now if he has heard from her who knows!

Just a thought!

I do not think a stranger took this child!

Fbi went door to door..... I would think any unoccupied condos would have fbi contacting the owners for brief interviews, recent tenant history request for a walk through, etc.....remember, over 100 agents were deployed to conway for this

100 agents and nary a clue. I have always found these types that harm children not the sharpest tack in the box. How do they get so lucky?

I have one quick question and if you prefer not to answer that's alright.

Do any of the agencies ever look at what bloggers are saying on any of the big web pages like Web Slueths? I always wonder about that because we have some wonderful and thoughtful posts from bloggers everywhere.

So...if someone unknown to her snatched her on the route-check out the demographics of residents nearby. Renters, lessees. people renting rooms, garage apts...., single males-etc. Check out convenience stores and parolees/probationers in the area. Bars, motels. Check the unemployment rolls, the newly moved/moved out of area. Traffic citations. warnings, tickets for assorted reasons. Craigslist.

Endless-I know.

Thzt is how to handle a missing person. At least a 100 fbi agents makes sense and should be done in every missing child case.

Oh gosh just what I was thinking of earlier. What a huge job this must be. Sorting out those that had an argument with mom or got mad and took off for the evening and those truly gone..grabbed...snatched.

That has to always be a tough call!

Lets face it they can't call out 100 agents for every missing person.

They did call them out lickity split on this one though. Something told them this was the real thing.

Another thought... Lets say the North South Road Unconfirmed sightings until 3:30 ish were actually Abby....
Maybe she didnt start walking at 2:30 right when school got out..Maybe she stopped to talk to friends for a few mintes. If she left say, at 2:50ish, it is possible that her approx 37 min walk put her on North South Road at approx 3:20/3:30.. But if her phone last pinged at 3:07, maybe her battery died before she got home...
I know these smart phone batteries die fairly quickly.. and if someone were to use their phone all day, by this time of day, its likely the battery could have died. :scared:

I think, but could be wrong, that the FBI timeline says that her friend who was walking behind her that day saw her turn onto the dirt path off Eagle Drive sometime between 2:30 and 2:35.

Authorities declined most help in those early searches stating terrain concerns and not wanting people lost thereby deferring professionals from their search for AH to a search for them. Hampering possible evidence I'm sure is always a concern on the initial search push, too, especially if they suspect foul play. The thing is, The locals know the areas, they are out on the trails on their atv's, hunters, hikers, skiers.

I suppose at the time the bf would have been a key person, possible suspect, which would have caused them not wanting him out looking with his dad and a bunch of friends.

They weren't taking any help from volunteers though. Only that one organization a few days/week or so later, but they are experienced as a team and work closely with family and LE

I don't know if this helps or not, but back when I partook in searches, a member of the LE coached us before we went out together as a group. Had us wear orange vests, we all went step by step together- everyone was to look out for the people on either side of them to make sure no one got lost during the search.

We were instructed to not touch a thing that we found, but to call out "I found something" and to just stay where we were. the entire group of us halted and didn't move until LE came over, looked at what was found, and either bagged it as evidence or said it wasn't relevant. We would proceed only after the LE said we could. We did this for several miles, to which only one piece of evidence was found. so yes, volunteer searches by local folks should have been done a long time ago, even done right now, with a member of LE instructing them like they did with us to prevent people from getting lost or hurt. time is wasting, and if there is any evidence out there to be found, now is the time to get out there and find it, before the snow starts to bury it and any possible dna evidence. it's not very easy to search in the snow and cold, trust me. Done it a couple of times, even got a nasty cut on the bottom of my leg which bled a bit, but i still plodded on, and then of course, i stepped in a huge puddle that was under some ice that a few guys had already crossed, but of course, yours truly broke the ice when she walked across it.

I think, but could be wrong, that the FBI timeline says that her friend who was walking behind her that day saw her turn onto the dirt path off Eagle Drive sometime between 2:30 and 2:35.

I think you're right...although I cant say 100%, i believe that was reported... Back to thinking she made it home...

I don't know if this helps or not, but back when I partook in searches, a member of the LE coached us before we went out together as a group. Had us wear orange vests, we all went step by step together- everyone was to look out for the people on either side of them to make sure no one got lost during the search.

We were instructed to not touch a thing that we found, but to call out "I found something" and to just stay where we were. the entire group of us halted and didn't move until LE came over, looked at what was found, and either bagged it as evidence or said it wasn't relevant. We would proceed only after the LE said we could. We did this for several miles, to which only one piece of evidence was found. so yes, volunteer searches by local folks should have been done a long time ago, even done right now, with a member of LE instructing them like they did with us to prevent people from getting lost or hurt. time is wasting, and if there is any evidence out there to be found, now is the time to get out there and find it, before the snow starts to bury it and any possible dna evidence. it's not very easy to search in the snow and cold, trust me. Done it a couple of times, even got a nasty cut on the bottom of my leg which bled a bit, but i still plodded on, and then of course, i stepped in a huge puddle that was under some ice that a few guys had already crossed, but of course, yours truly broke the ice when she walked across it.
I think they weren't asking for help because they didn't want the locals out there, which would include many of their possible suspects at the time. There are often searches with volunteers and LE...love the description of it btw!

I always cringe for the parents of missing children who live in areas where the winter coming means months of thick snow cover on the ground. I imagine they DREAD the coming winter, knowing that for months on end ground searches will not be possible or fruitful. It must be so painful to know that it you will have to wait MONTHS before more searching for your child's remains (if they are deceased) can resume… and after all that time has passed, remains can be much harder to find.

I felt this same way for Elaine Redwine when Dylan went missing in CO last November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx