GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read this thread since yesterday morning.
Wow on the alleged Errol sighting.

Some thoughts.
1. RM states he recognized Abby from the Cote store when he checked into his motel room. Was there something about that sighting that made him really notice Abby? He gives a detailed description for someone who casually ran into this trio. Was there are reason he took note of them?

2. I am VERY familiar with Errol, I spent every summer there in my childhood, visited also frequently during other seasons and I return there frequently with my own family for activities in the area. That area is very desolate. (the kids that live there have to travel 30 minutes to go to the nearest high school) It is filled with seasonal homes, called camps by the locals. There are at least three lakes with with dozens of camps on them nearby (my family has one, which is why I am familiar). Not every cabin is on a lake. There are miles and miles of logging roads and there are little cabins all over the place, some only accessible by 4 wheeled vehicles. There would be hundreds of places she could be up there outside the view of prying eyes. Errol is where everyone in those camps goes for supplies, gasoline, groceries. Cotes is a outdoor supply store/camping/hunting/survival/gun/boating store.

3. Others have mentioned it's proximity to Canada. There *are* ways into Canada via logging roads and trails used by AT vehicles. My brother once got lost on a snowmobile and when he finally found a road, he was in Quebec. (He found his way back in US on the trails) This was many many years ago--prob the late '70s, so it may be more difficult now.

4. It is not fair from the Maine border ..about 8 miles and Northern Maine is likewise desolate. For that matter, its not far from Vermont, and I would venture the same about Vermont.

That way up in ME is, well, not much.

Now why didn't the store owner nor cashier notice them?

Is there something saying there are cameras at the store? I've noticed a few mention looking forward to seeing the cameras. Do we know they had them?

I can't figure out when any of us sleep lol...no discernible pattern. I don't think I would make a good detective..........

This is so funny, right? We all seem to be on here at all hours. I am a 3:00am to 7:00am sleeper, FWIW. :offtobed:

That way up in ME is, well, not much.

Now why didn't the store owner nor cashier notice them?

Is there something saying there are cameras at the store? I've noticed a few mention looking forward to seeing the cameras. Do we know they had them?

I checked out the stores website http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9971645&postcount=823

It has a web cam you can see online, those may not be recordable images but I am assuming a store of that size, and with what it sells will have security cameras too.

They must record the live webcam, because really why would they have it..... If someone still something it would be recorded. I think if I owned a business I would review my videos, if I was in the area.

There has to be some bull, the 6:30 call has been bothering me since the beginning. The rest not as much. Again, I used different ways home all the time, certainly a newer school and checking out routes. I do agree there is that possibility she went that way for a very specific reason. But that 6:30 reported call, it was on the NHLE FB page which is where I first saw it. So not just from Fish and Game. It was there and reported and then poof! I'm going to go see if it is still there!

ME TOOOO!!! This 6:30 call.... Something about it.... Not right...

Additional relevant thoughts about Errol.

There is really no cell phone service up there for miles around. I also don't think anyone has high speed internet--my family member has dial up internet. Many of those camps also do not even have telephones, and some don't have electricity and rely on wood heat if needed. My family's camp doesn't have potable running water--we run a line from the lake for washing and go to a nearby spring on Route 26 just over the NH border in Maine for drinking water.
In the fall, hunters often are using these cabins...in the winter its the snowmobilers.

Edit: I'm going to correct myself on high speed internet. A web search is showing that the town of Errol does now have it--however I imagine that service may not be available to most of the local cabins.

My train of thought was along the lines of internet accessibility for a girl who liked SM.

Look under the first post on the Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez FB page. There are two posts by him. first stating where he saw her and describing to males she was with. Hopefully it was her. Seems to me this man has been watching and it has been bugging him. He says he already called FBI which would be why we heard it quickly early on.

FBI KNOWS SOMETHING!

WOOOOOWWWW.... I have goosebumps.....Please let this be a lead...

Sorry I'm running really late for a doctors appt. This is the live webcams now http://www2.llcote.com/webcam.php

Been checking the cams since you posted. Would like to see some LE cars there.

So where do you think the ice machines are located in the top webcam feed? To the left of the main entrance? Is that the side where the variety store is? That's my guess but I don't see them. Maybe their location is just out of the camera's reach.

Looks like there is a door there, red banner to the left and ice/picnic table to right. So looking at the cover photo on llcote.com looks like near the center of the left wing of the building? Right behind the top corner of the gas pump roof.

K, here is a website description http://www.kancamagushighway.com I hated driving on that thing, I hate heights so I'd sleep and lean towards the mountainLOL But, we'd make many stops and swim in the river in some areas where it was suitable (or close to it).

Here is a map, I added Cranmore into this so you can see how she'd have gone right past where the phone pinged https://maps.google.com/maps?client...00&ei=Ew-DUubQLM-rkQf36oGYCA&ved=0CJcBEPwSMAo

Again, i live about 45 minutes from Conway area so I'm not a local, but have lived in NE all my life. I'm sure somebody that has hiked all around the kanc can tell you more details. I have only threatened to take my kids there thus far.

When I was still in NH back in college mostly, I did a lot of hiking with friends on mountains near the Kanc. We made our best effort to AVOID driving on it. But I have been on it a couple times...it's scarey!

So I have been pondering this sighting all morning.

RG remember when he said "we didn't expect this"

Both mom and kept saying things like "come home you won't be in trouble"

I also understand the man calling in the tip waiting til he got home. I would do that to.
I am not really good finding numbers and pens and making important calls from motel beds.

I do believe the man had to have a really good reason to think and remember it was Abby.

Heck I can't remember what the clerk at the grocery store looked like from my visit yesterday!

Also the fact JC is interested...interests me.

For some reason most of the key players think she ran off.

Heck those kids could be sleeping in a car or pop up tent.

Sure am interested in what was missing from her home!

When I was still in NH back in college mostly, I did a lot of hiking with friends on mountains near the Kanc. We made our best effort to AVOID driving on it. But I have been on it a couple times...it's scarey!

What is this Kanc you all talk about??? Pictures???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90