GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any locals know if LE is going door-to-door in her neighborhood, searching houses, condos, apartments? They don't need a warrant to search if the homeowner gives permission. And if they don't, put them on a list for surveillance, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that has been on my mind a lot. Remember that condo complex has some long term renters and some by the month, week and day. Rounding up everybody and going into each condo I don't know if they have done that.

Also Maintenance, gardeners, outside contractors. Lots of coming and going in a Condo Complex.

Also this disappearance of Abby is right after RG returned to his ship and Sarah left for college. Could somebody have been watching and knowing Abby was all alone?

I still want to know if she made it home. That would change the whole ballgame...if she made it home and inside her condo.

<modsnip>

Who said anything about testing the entire town? You start with men- family, neighbors, and Internet friends she has the most contact with. You ask if they will give a sample. You ask if they'd allow a search. No civil liberty violations. No need to spend the money having samples analyzed unless/until you have something to match it to- that's not costly- a q-tip and specimen cup. What may be most beneficial are the STATEMENTS given in the process, which could be analyzed to give probabilities of knowledge/involvement. It's a place to start if LE really has no other clues/evidence/suspicions.

I know exactly what you mean. Start small testing but do the men in Abby's life. But then again perhaps they have done that. Maybe they have given lie detector tests. They are hitting a blind wall with everything. They have told us that. They have examined her personal, private and secret life and found nothing. If they are examining all of that I would say they have no hard evidence. They are like us...trying to figure out what happened to Abby.

So would I, for sure!
While a journalist myself, I'm not in NH and actually not even in the US, but given the opportunity I know I'd be passionate about covering AH in any way possible.
I guess, though, that many reporters/journalists may be curtailed by their bosses who may not allow them enough time and opportunity to follow their own instincts and priorities when it comes to what to pursue....

As a journalist what can one do? How much digging and how far on a limb can one go? I would like somebody with passion and interest and a detectives mind. I would like somebody that would ask the hard questions of LE like what happened to the press conference that never took place. How come they said Abby made it home but then maybe not. How come her phone pinged at 6 and then maybe not. How come video of her walking home from school was not shown? Ask the hard questions. We need that!

I think Dan Seufert of the Union Leader is, in fact, that journalist. He has done a lot of reporting on it and as far as I know is the only one who offered publicly, on the MHFAH page, for people to keep in touch w/him. Most of his Tweets since October have been about Abby. I believe that those who are active in the effort remain in touch with him.

Just me opining...

I have read a couple of his articles and to me he is simply reporting the facts. He is not digging like the journalist I would love to see on this case.

I would love to have him asking questions, prying into what's being bantered about on the blogs and also getting comments from readers.

This reporting is...reporting that anybody could do. We need more...tick tock.

The official timeline states that her 'previous after-school travel pattern' was confirmed via interviews and camera videos along the route.

http://www.wcsh6.com/assetpool/documents/131016071002_Picture Timeline.pdf

I did not know they have camera videos of Abby along the route. Why haven't they shown them? That is huge and people might remember something if they were to see a walking talking Abby.

They did the same thing with Dylan Redwing...never showed the video of he and his Father in Walmart. If they would have shown it somebody might have remembered overhearing a conversation or seeing some kind of argument or just seeing Dylan in person.

I think LE makes a HUGE mistake in not showing the last known videos of those missing.

So how do we find the right journalist? Go to the ones we can find even small articles from? Tell her story? I'm asking the journalists, what would get you snapped into an unstoppable mode from an emailer or caller?

Well, personally for me these cases are always personal because of my past, that would make it easier for me to get or take an assignment like this case.....
I think that it would be goodto email abc, cnn which HLN belongs too, that would be 3 national tv stations (wmur in nh is an abc affiliate)
Even though LE wants the media to keep her face out there, they need to do press conferences to help with that..... imo there must be some reason why they are not, such as working a good lead

Well, personally for me these cases are always personal because of my past, that would make it easier for me to get or take an assignment like this case.....
I think that it would be goodto email abc, cnn which HLN belongs too, that would be 3 national tv stations (wmur in nh is an abc affiliate)
Even though LE wants the media to keep her face out there, they need to do press conferences to help with that..... imo there must be some reason why they are not, such as working a good lead

Aaaa from your lips to God's ears!

It's very rare to have a case where there is a journalist(s) who actually does their own investigating. Most of them just rely on what is released to them. I think the reasons why we don't see more investigative journalists on missing person cases are due to budget concerns, not getting permission from their editor, and sometimes, it can come across as tabloid-ish. I would love for some young-looking journalist to pose as a student, and start asking questions around the high school, befriend Abigail's friends, etc but that's not going to happen.

It's very rare to have a case where there is a journalist(s) who actually does their own investigating. Most of them just rely on what is released to them. I think the reasons why we don't see more investigative journalists on missing person cases are due to budget concerns, not getting permission from their editor, and sometimes, it can come across as tabloid-ish. I would love for some young-looking journalist to pose as a student, and start asking questions around the high school, befriend Abigail's friends, etc but that's not going to happen.

I think most newspapers are hanging on by the seat of their pants due to news being delivered to John Q. Public faster than lightening these days.

Today I was seeing the destruction of the whole area in Illinois within 15 minutes of the tornado. On line and on TV. How does a newspaper compete with that.

I remember a time when the boy walking up and down the street delivering his newspapers and we finishing our dinner so looked forward to that evening news. It was all we got other than what we might see at the beginning of the movie at the theater before the show started. World News. Certainly aging me.

I will say in our local newspaper we do have one journalist who says what everybody's thinking and he is well liked and well read. He goes places the others don't seem to be interested in.

Perhaps that's how to save newspapers. Hire somebody with...soul!

Not having a body and presumably not even knowing for sure a crime has been committed, LE is not about to do a DNA dragnet, IMO. For one thing, to compare to what and for another, as I said, they have not ascertained she is a crime victim, the only evidence being the absence of Abigail.

It's against our rules to post facts without links. Knock it off!

The problem post(s) have been removed.

If LE confronted folks, asking for DNA, there will be some sort of reply. The innocent have nothing to hide, so they hide nothing. This would put those with something to hide on the defense, and statements made in conjunction with the request could be important and analyzed by experts.

Did they go door-to-door searching top-to-bottom or just asking questions? There's a big difference.

When a child goes missing, the means justify the ends.

True, but they still have to abide by the law. They can ASK for DNA samples, but they cannot make someone submit a sample without a warrant, I'm pretty sure. And without probable cause, there would be no warrant.

Same thing with searching a house top to bottom. No one is obligated to allow LE to come in and search their home, unless they have a SW. Most people do agree but some are stubborn, maybe due to bad experiences with LE in the past, so they refuse. They are not breaking any laws, and have nothing to hide, they just don't like cooperating with cops.

While most of us wish more could be done in order to find the missing, there is a limit to what LE can do, and if they don't follow the rules, then the case is lost.

I think most newspapers are hanging on by the seat of their pants due to news being delivered to John Q. Public faster than lightening these days.

Today I was seeing the destruction of the whole area in Illinois within 15 minutes of the tornado. On line and on TV. How does a newspaper compete with that.

I remember a time when the boy walking up and down the street delivering his newspapers and we finishing our dinner so looked forward to that evening news. It was all we got other than what we might see at the beginning of the movie at the theater before the show started. World News. Certainly aging me.

I will say in our local newspaper we do have one journalist who says what everybody's thinking and he is well liked and well read. He goes places the others don't seem to be interested in.

Perhaps that's how to save newspapers. Hire somebody with...soul!

I watch local news, but since it's less than 30 minutes, there is no way they can thoroughly cover every bit of news that comes in. And the national and world news is too much about politics.

I still subscribe to the local paper, because I enjoy sitting down and reading it every morning. I could read it online, but unfortunately, some things are left out of the online version. Newspapers may be dying out in some parts of the country, but not here.

BBM they did do this kind of thing in the 70's with the drug problems. Trouble is, the tick tick of the clock. I do believe her friends know more about her than they've told, but I'm not sure it would be any help. I still can't believe they haven't found one piece of evidence, not one. I do wonder how much camera footage they got of AH that day on her way home. I also wonder if in looking at previous footage they found anything suspicious, like the same car passing by her on multiple occasions.

I agree that Sigg was inexperienced, but it was the threat of a DNA sample which caused him to turn himself in. Why not ask for samples (a cheek swab and a sample cup is all it takes), and LE wouldn't have to send any in for analysis until/if they find her belongings/body? I'd be requesting all males, teen to adult, family, neighbors, and Internet friends/contacts. If someone refuses to give a sample, good reason to take a closer look at that person.

Actually it was LE asking if anyone knew someone who wore a cross like the one found with Jessica's remains that made him confess to his mother. That cross was unique and all over the news. :moo::moo::moo:

If she got into a car, vs. being pulled in, there probably would not be any evidence. Right now, it seems all they know is that she is gone, based on what little LE has said.

BBM they did do this kind of thing in the 70's with the drug problems. Trouble is, the tick tick of the clock. I do believe her friends know more about her than they've told, but I'm not sure it would be any help. I still can't believe they haven't found one piece of evidence, not one. I do wonder how much camera footage they got of AH that day on her way home. I also wonder if in looking at previous footage they found anything suspicious, like the same car passing by her on multiple occasions.

I would love to know what cameras previously recorded her walking and did it record her on the 9th? Where was the camera and where exactly does it put her? It would at least jog someone's memory who may have been travelling or visiting that area that day and maybe saw a vehicle.

True, but they still have to abide by the law. They can ASK for DNA samples, but they cannot make someone submit a sample without a warrant, I'm pretty sure. And without probable cause, there would be no warrant.

Same thing with searching a house top to bottom. No one is obligated to allow LE to come in and search their home, unless they have a SW. Most people do agree but some are stubborn, maybe due to bad experiences with LE in the past, so they refuse. They are not breaking any laws, and have nothing to hide, they just don't like cooperating with cops.

While most of us wish more could be done in order to find the missing, there is a limit to what LE can do, and if they don't follow the rules, then the case is lost.

I would hate having my home searched. It would feel like such an invasion of my privacy. My home is my castle. Invited guests only. MOO

I would love to know what cameras previously recorded her walking and did it record her on the 9th? Where was the camera and where exactly does it put her? It would at least jog someone's memory who may have been travelling or visiting that area that day and maybe saw a vehicle.

In the very beginning we heard reports that she was wearing a gray sweatshirt, was that part of the unconfirmed sightings from NS rd? To get a confirmed sighting, would you have to absolutely personally know Ah?
Steleheart, I am not sure if it was you, but someone said the area that was yellow taped ....was large. If local LE got there around 7 when mom alerted them ( it would be dark ) did they tape it right then? To me, yellow tape means, do not cross this line, do not disturb, stay away.

Then we have, made it home, did not make it home to contend with. So, something alerted Mom, open door, doggies accidents in the house, so Mom knows they were not walked, ransom note, her purse in the taped area?

As if we did not have enuff, you might also add 400-500 rv's, fifth wheels, trailers, pop ups , truck campers etc. that were at the Fryeburgh Fair, i do not think I am doing a tall tale on that number either. Many of those would have headed thru NC to get home.

I watch local news, but since it's less than 30 minutes, there is no way they can thoroughly cover every bit of news that comes in. And the national and world news is too much about politics.

I still subscribe to the local paper, because I enjoy sitting down and reading it every morning. I could read it online, but unfortunately, some things are left out of the online version. Newspapers may be dying out in some parts of the country, but not here.

The joy of my husband's life. The morning newspaper and a hot cup of coffee!

I am sure most of us remember the Micki S case where she was riding her bike in the middle of the night and the white truck following her was caught on camera.

MOO is that her killer was caught because they immediately released that footage on the video and the car dealer recognized it and called LE.

The public can help. We need to see the video of Abby before it's way too late. Memories fade and people become disinterested in a case with no news.

MOO

I need to explain a bit about all the camping vehicles at the FFair. They stay there all week.the ones on the fair grounds site are usually peeps involved in the exhibits, but there is a huge hillside opposite the main gate entrance that is loaded with the huge rv's. It is the oldest agricultural fair in the NE. The Maine version of the MA Expo.

Have been thinking about the cameras that might be on the route, normal route for AH to walk home. So, first one was inside the school, that is how we know what she really was wearing that day - because we actually see it with our own eyes. There must be others on the school grounds that we know nothing about.

Next camera must be at the intersection at the traffic light. Would that belong to DOT?
Next camera along NS Rd. going north, might be at the exit/entrance into Walmart. This is poorly designed, needs a light. I consider it a Walmart special, nothing to warrant the smiley face, it's a mess. if you were walking, following traffic, you could be in a dangerous spot.
Next camera might be at the only 2 businesses on the same side as Walmart, that would be Chick Lumber (local lumber business) and after that a bike store. There is nothing after this on that side of the road...
Other side of the street ( with the sidewalk) Is Lowe's. They have a loading/unloading dock very near to NS rd. , never noticed cameras there, never looked, but maybe it would capture a bit of the sidewalk.
Next camera might be at the itsy-bitsy tiny rotary, but I have no idea where it might be.
Next camera might be in the parking lot of settlers green, but I have never noticed them, I always parked in that lot when I needed to go to Stonewall or Kitchen Collections.
If I was in the area now, I would hunt down those cameras, just to satisfy myself, but that can not happen until next May.

I wonder if they're checking out Walmart employees and other store employees along her route. Also, lawn/maintenance workers sit in parking lots on their breaks and eat, etc., many of whom are undocumented (illegal) aliens. Hopefully, they've asked local businesses to report any employee calling in sick, quitting, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member