GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Abby was abducted there is a possibility she may never be found. If she ran off, I think there is a possibility that she told at least one person. It's not easy to keep a secret, especially if she told a teen friend. JMO

If Abby was abducted there is a possibility she may never be found. If she ran off, I think there is a possibility that she told at least one person. It's not easy to keep a secret, especially if she told a teen friend. JMO

I think if she told a friend, that friend would have told LE by now. They might keep it secret for a week or so, but when it got serious, I doubt they would be able to hold back. I am just not seeing any signs that anything at all is actually known, vs. suspected.

Oh I so hope they had somebody in there checking each one of those units. That has worried me.

Since you were there can you tell us what kind of activity you observed in the maint dept?

Cleaning coming and going? Was any yard work being done? Regular maintenance workers? Also is there an office on the grounds that maint works out of. The whole scoop...TIA

There was no management on site that I noticed. The was a number to call if you lost water, power etc. It was a managment company located in down town NC. The only worker I saw was someone cleaning the pool and he was probably 19-20 years old in a small pickup. He left immediately after he was done, I am pretty sure it was a contracted service. They probably contract out the plowing, gardening etc. many condo complexes do.
Near Cranmore Mountain there are multiple condo complexes, Cranmore Woods, Cranmore Trailside, Cranmore Birches etc. They are all similar and there are hundreds of units in all.

Police in Concord New Hampshire looking for man who tried to abduct 19 year old girl

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/11/27/young-woman-attacked-nearly-abducted-from-yard-in-concord-nh/

Sketch of suspect

13-52781-of-suspect-sketch.jpg

He is described as a white man, possibly in his forties, about 5’11” with medium build, and long dark hair that covered his eyes at one point. He was also said to have a large nose and little or no facial hair.

The victim also described the suspect as appearing “very dirty.”

He was wearing a dark-colored knit-hat, a tan Carhart-style jacket, and ripped blue jeans.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...ice-investigate-report-of-attempted-abduction

CONCORD, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- New Hampshire police are investigating the reported attempted abduction of a 19-year-old woman in Concord.

Concord police say the incident happened in the backyard of a home near Curtice Avenue at about 5 p.m. Tuesday. The victim told investigators she was sitting on a back deck when a man she did not know walked onto the deck and attacked her. She said the man smashed her face into the deck repeatedly and tried to drag her towards a tree line. The woman was able to fight her attacker off and flee to a neighboring home.

The victim was treated at the scene by the Concord Fire Department.

The suspect is described as a white man, possibly in his 40s, standing about 5'11" tall, with a medium build, and long, dark hair that covered his eyes. He is described as being "very dirty," with a large nose and no facial hair. At the time of the reported attack, he was wearing a dark-colored knit hat, a tan Carhartt-style jacket, and ripped blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Concord Regional Crimeline at 603-226-3100. Tips can also be made online at: www.concordregionalcrimeline.com or by texting TIP234 to CRIMES (274637).

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...e-report-of-attempted-abduction#ixzz2lri37WXP

FYI -
Concord, NH is about 80 miles SSW from North Conway, NH.

Scary hearing about these attempted abductions in NH/ME....... Two words come to mind: concealed carry.

As for Abby, I fully believe if she was abducted against her will somebody would have seen/heard something.

Please let Abby come home today. She is wrapped in the hearts and minds of so very many, I hope where ever she is, she can feel that.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...ice-investigate-report-of-attempted-abduction

CONCORD, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- New Hampshire police are investigating the reported attempted abduction of a 19-year-old woman in Concord.

Concord police say the incident happened in the backyard of a home near Curtice Avenue at about 5 p.m. Tuesday. The victim told investigators she was sitting on a back deck when a man she did not know walked onto the deck and attacked her. She said the man smashed her face into the deck repeatedly and tried to drag her towards a tree line. The woman was able to fight her attacker off and flee to a neighboring home.

The victim was treated at the scene by the Concord Fire Department.

The suspect is described as a white man, possibly in his 40s, standing about 5'11" tall, with a medium build, and long, dark hair that covered his eyes. He is described as being "very dirty," with a large nose and no facial hair. At the time of the reported attack, he was wearing a dark-colored knit hat, a tan Carhartt-style jacket, and ripped blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Concord Regional Crimeline at 603-226-3100. Tips can also be made online at: www.concordregionalcrimeline.com or by texting TIP234 to CRIMES (274637).

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...e-report-of-attempted-abduction#ixzz2lri37WXP

OMG that seems almost unusually brazen and violent.. was it dark yet there at this time of day?

Scary hearing about these attempted abductions in NH/ME....... Two words come to mind: concealed carry.

As for Abby, I fully believe if she was abducted against her will somebody would have seen/heard something.

Please let Abby come home today. She is wrapped in the hearts and minds of so very many, I hope where ever she is, she can feel that.

I was thinking the same thing- women need to carry handguns to protect ourselves, but would you even have time to pull it out and point it? Sounds like he snuck up on her. Maybe only a dog would have alerted her. I have a mutt from the pound (lab mix) who would take care of business if need be.

I would worry that mace or a gun or a taser could get turned back on you.

I asked a small town sheriff in N. MI, where there is hardly any crime, if I should carry mace or a taser. He said, "Buy a handgun and learn how to use it." I was shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing- women need to carry handguns to protect ourselves, but would you even have time to pull it out and point it? Sounds like he snuck up on her. Maybe only a dog would have alerted her. I have a mutt from the pound (lab mix) who would take care of business if need be.

I would worry that mace or a gun or a taser could get turned back on you. (rbbm)

I asked a small town sheriff in N. MI, where there is hardly any crime, if I should carry mace or a taser. He said, "Buy a handgun and learn how to use it." I was shocked.

Yeah. I'm all for conceal carry, but that's another issue I have with it: successfully using it for self-defense presumes prior vigilance. I might have my hand in my purse/by my belt if I'm walking alone in a sketchy area, but I wouldn't be ready to safely reach for it at a moment's notice or even have it on me if I'm say, on my back deck in broad daylight... or if I'm 15 and walking home from school. :/

I personally like Krav Maga. Strangers with bad intentions will try to immobilize you by surprise; I want to know I can get out of a chokehold or crawl out from under their body regardless of my preparedness or where my purse is.

Slightly OT, but speaking of viable self-defense measures you could take at any age/location.. If you have a smart phone, get a scanner app on it (shoutout to the WSers transcribing those feeds!), and turn the volume on your phone way up, having it on your person but not entirely visible. An opportunistic creeper might think twice before doing something if they think they hear a police radio. I don't know how effective this is but I read it yesterday and thought it was pretty cool.

Alas another false abduction claim. Don't these people see the damage they do by discounting real attempts/abductions? I must say, since this supposedly happened within a few streets of my own home, I am relieved. http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131127/NEWS03/131129358

This really makes me mad. This is really a matter of highly irresponsible behaviour. Why do girls and young women keep making these stories up???
It just doesn't make any sense at all to me....

This really makes me mad. This is really a matter of highly irresponsible behaviour. Why do girls and young women keep making these stories up???
It just doesn't make any sense at all to me....

Where I live it's generally young men making it up ('it' being robbery in this case) to cover up for money they shouldn't have spent. IIRC this girl was late to school or something and didn't want to get in trouble. So, young people, in general, do it out of fear and immaturity, probably for the added attention.

You might hear about the girls more often because sexually motivated stranger attacks are more uncommon and newsworthy/sensationalist than dude-on-dude property crime.

I think their punishment should be to volunteer however many hours were wasted to any agencies that wasted said hours trying to help them.

Someone mentioned Sierra Lamar in comparison to this case. In SL's case, police said she was unlikely to have run away.

"Detectives said their conclusion was based on several factors, including interviews with her closest friends, her lack of problems at home and her nonexistent history of wanting to run away."

http://m.ksbw.com/news/Sheriff-Sier...ted/-/17424238/9723004/-/q0jfy8z/-/index.html

Looking/hoping Abby is a runaway and not abducted...in AH's case, police said unlikely to have run away bc of time and commitment it would have taken to orchestrate something like that.

http://www.necn.com/10/25/13/FBI-It...rth-Conway/landing_mobile.html?blockID=856023

What they didn't say is that conclusion was based on interviews with her closest friends, her lack of problems at home and her nonexistent history of wanting to run away.

Makes you wonder if LE found runaway risk factors in AH's life, making it a tough call.

Looking/hoping Abby is a runaway and not abducted...in AH's case, police said unlikely to have run away bc of time and commitment it would have taken to orchestrate something like that.

http://www.necn.com/10/25/13/FBI-It...rth-Conway/landing_mobile.html?blockID=856023

What they didn't say is that conclusion was based on interviews with her closest friends, her lack of problems at home and her nonexistent history of wanting to run away.
Tapatalk
(I snipped these quotes to the pieces I'm responding to.

It is not possible to say "Abby is a runaway" based on facts. Nobody knows what happened here, not even LE.

What I said was that I do not feel Abby was abducted by a stranger in regards to the newest report of an attempted abduction. I haven't a clue if she ran away, got in the car with somebody she thought was safe, etc. etc. I just hope she gets home safe and sound ASAP.

I can't stop thinking about Zenya, Dixie811. Heavy heavy heart today for her and Abby's sister. What is wonderful is seeing how people on the FB pages are working so hard together, that is heart warming. Abby's Army has not stopped and will not stop marching until they find her, that is for sure!

Just so I'm clear, the attempted abduction of the woman in Concord is real, but one that was reported on November 18th in Goffstown is not. I was a little confused about the fake report and just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding that the attempted abduction in Concord was real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw