GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The chloroform quote is popular. Its not important IMO.

We rented a condo down the street from Mount Cranmore this summer for a week. I was surprised by how many of the units were empty during busy 4th of July week. I realise many people use these only as ski lodges, but I always thought there would be many year round residents as well. We never saw anyone else at the pool, basketball court, or saw more than a handful of cars parked in the complex and there had to be 100 units.

I think it would be very easy to hide in plain sight in NC, because there are virtually a dozen similar complexes. One person comes and goes, does the food shopping, no curious neighbors because most units are vacation rentals with different folks every week or sit empty when the ski slopes are bare. Many people leave the utilities on year round because sites like Homeaway and VRBO take care of getting short term tenants. The doors all had pin code locks. Anyone that cleaned units or did regular maintenance would have the code and access at any time.

Also, if you were to harm someone and leave them in a vacant unit, nobody would know for months. I wonder if LE not only went door to door but also asked to be let into all these empty buildings?

Oh I so hope they had somebody in there checking each one of those units. That has worried me.

Since you were there can you tell us what kind of activity you observed in the maint dept?

Cleaning coming and going? Was any yard work being done? Regular maintenance workers? Also is there an office on the grounds that maint works out of. The whole scoop...TIA

There is no such reference.

To put it delicately, I would bet that FB posting came from someone unaffiliated with either party.

As for the "love this kid.." Abby has a pretty casual, semi-sarcastic tone online. You'll see it a lot with Tumblr users, particularly the flat affect and lack of punctuation. It's similar to putting "~*" around a word to add a very specific/tongue-in-cheek mood to a word or phrase. If this sounds strange to you, spend some more time on Tumblr. Better yet... save yourself the brain cells. It was too late for me. Now I'm a failed armchair internet linguist. :seeya: In any case, what would the significance be? They broke up but people can't know about it so she halfheartedly comments on things to avoid detection? Or they're about to break up but she can't come out and say it, yet it's observable in her tone? As a former teenage girl I feel like they tend to be way more passive aggressive than that in these situations.

But boy does there need to be a break soon. Something substantial and hopeful to discuss. I wasn't on WS during Sierra Lamar's case but I just went back to read those posts.. The perp in that case was under surveillance all the while the public had no idea there was even a car, much less a person, of interest. LE remained ambiguous re: foul play, and Sierra's family was still doing the "we won't be mad just come home" spiel. it's amazing how much more "solvable" that case immediately seems in hindsight, yet how frustrated everyone still was at the time. I'm sure NH LE would do anything to find even a crumpled receipt of Abby's (with a much better outcome! :please:) at this point. Then again, who knows what they really have?

In Sierra's case, her phone and clothes were found quickly, so an abduction was much more apparent. Her parents did not want to believe it, of course, and probably won't believe she is dead unless she is eventually found. But in this case, there are no known signs of a struggle. So it is much more difficult, IMO, for LE to determine if she is a crime victim.

In Sierra's case, her phone and clothes were found quickly, so an abduction was much more apparent. Her parents did not want to believe it, of course, and probably won't believe she is dead unless she is eventually found. But in this case, there are no known signs of a struggle. So it is much more difficult, IMO, for LE to determine if she is a crime victim.

Oh, exactly, that's what I meant by the crumpled receipt. Anything at all at this point would be helpful, though nowhere near as helpful as the purse/cellphone discovery. Making this case even more complicated is the terrain and all the snow that will soon be covering it. :(

Guys, if it wasn't for the fact that we're regular posters on this thread, it wouldn't make any sense at all. Please remember to fully explain your purpose in the post.

For example, if you're commenting on another post, quote it.

If you're asking about chloroform, specify: "I vaguely remember a comment about chlorform on a social media account, can someone direct me?"

If you are theorizing about a sex ring, please state it's a theory, or a what if?

To our 10+ guests at any time, we're not making much sense and it appears we're spreading rumors.

Please and thank you.

This person is not "friends" with either AH or jr ..... so would not put much into that post. Amazing how a rumor can grow legs!!!

Exactly. If something is a rumor, you don't have to wait for a moderator to flag and remove it.

Guys, if it wasn't for the fact that we're regular posters on this thread, it wouldn't make any sense at all. Please remember to fully explain your purpose in the post.

For example, if you're commenting on another post, quote it.

If you're asking about chloroform, specify: "I vaguely remember a comment about chlorform on a social media account, can someone direct me?"

If you are theorizing about a sex ring, please state it's a theory, or a what if?

To our 10+ guests at any time, we're not making much sense and it appears we're spreading rumors.

Please and thank you.

Thanks for addressing this CatFancier.

If you'll reread my posts, you'll see I wrote, not only, "what if", but also, "if" (7 times), "possibly" (4 times), "possibility" (4 times), "maybe" (4 times), "best case scenario", "idea", "may", "long shot", "scenario", "assuming", and "sex trafficking theory".

Lodging complaints with ALL CAPS and multiple !!!!'s doesn't make them legitimate complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are two days away from Thanksgiving and JY said she hoped to have AH home by that time. Sigh. It seems apparent her parents believe she ran away, that's quite strong in both their letters to AH.

I am in lurk mode from here on out til something breaks. At this point it is nothing but gossiping and theorizing about gossip and theorizing elsewhere. MOO

Well put. And it's why even we are vacillating back and forth between abduction and run away.

Thanks for addressing this CatFancier.

If you'll reread my posts, you'll see I wrote, not only, "what if", but also, "if" (7 times), "possibly" (4 times), "possibility" (4 times), "maybe" (4 times), "best case scenario", "idea", "may", "long shot", "scenario", "assuming", and "sex trafficking theory".

Lodging complaints with ALL CAPS and multiple !!!!'s doesn't make them legitimate complaints.

You're good which is why your post wasn't removed. I was just adding examples for all the posters.

hey everyone,

i have been lurking for awhile because i honestly don't have anything to add to the thread at this time. if i ever do, I will be sure to post it.

In the spirit of thanksgiving, i just wanted to thank all the posters who continue to post and seek answers in abby's case. I also wanted to give a special thanks to Paul Kiersch for all he has done to help spread the word about Abby. An extra special thanks to Jane Young, the FBI, state and local police, who i believe continue to work tirelessly behind the scenes on Abby's case.

Extra prayers are going out to the Hernandez family during this holiday season. I cannot imagine how difficult the first holiday season with Abby not being home and not having answers must be for them. Thinking of them continuously and holding them in my prayers.

There is no such reference.

To put it delicately, I would bet that FB posting came from someone unaffiliated with either party.

As for the "love this kid.." Abby has a pretty casual, semi-sarcastic tone online. You'll see it a lot with Tumblr users, particularly the flat affect and lack of punctuation. It's similar to putting "~*" around a word to add a very specific/tongue-in-cheek mood to a word or phrase. If this sounds strange to you, spend some more time on Tumblr. Better yet... save yourself the brain cells. It was too late for me. Now I'm a failed armchair internet linguist. :seeya: In any case, what would the significance be? They broke up but people can't know about it so she halfheartedly comments on things to avoid detection? Or they're about to break up but she can't come out and say it, yet it's observable in her tone? As a former teenage girl I feel like they tend to be way more passive aggressive than that in these situations.

But boy does there need to be a break soon. Something substantial and hopeful to discuss. I wasn't on WS during Sierra Lamar's case but I just went back to read those posts.. The perp in that case was under surveillance all the while the public had no idea there was even a car, much less a person, of interest. LE remained ambiguous re: foul play, and Sierra's family was still doing the "we won't be mad just come home" spiel. it's amazing how much more "solvable" that case immediately seems in hindsight, yet how frustrated everyone still was at the time. I'm sure NH LE would do anything to find even a crumpled receipt of Abby's (with a much better outcome! :please:) at this point. Then again, who knows what they really have?

BBM Exactly which is why I was asking for an MSM or LE link.
"Love this kid" was 6 months ago and they had only been dating abt 2 months,. I understand they were friends in middle school.

Facebook, Twitter, Tuimblr, ASK, 2 YouTube accounts - these are the first things ICAC, FBI and SS would have been all over. Yes there are some red flags and questionable posts (by others) But like KR from FBI said
"So we know a lot about her public life, a lot about her private life and we know about her secret life. Sadly, everything we know about her has not given us where she is today,"

http://www.wcax.com/story/23843368/missing-nh-teen-joins-fbi-list

Or like ZH said ""I don't think secret enough or sinister enough to cause her disappearance"

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...nh-girl-speaks-about-daughters-disappearance/

Hey guys. I am a new poster, but long time lurker. (Which totally sounds creepier than it is!) I've been following this case, as I am from New Hampshire myself, and grew up about two and a half hours from North Conway.

I'm not sure how much consonance this is, but I just wanted to say that I was in the Haverhill, MA area a few days ago (about two hours from N. Conway) and there was a giant digital billboard with Abby's missing poster that could be seen from the highway. So at least the word is still out there....

Hey guys. I am a new poster, but long time lurker. (Which totally sounds creepier than it is!) I've been following this case, as I am from New Hampshire myself, and grew up about two and a half hours from North Conway.

I'm not sure how much consonance this is, but I just wanted to say that I was in the Haverhill, MA area a few days ago (about two hours from N. Conway) and there was a giant digital billboard with Abby's missing poster that could be seen from the highway. So at least the word is still out there....

welcome to the group! i was a long time lurker too before I joined! in fact, i think a lot of posters here are, so believe me, we don't think you are creepy! i'm so happy you joined!

thats great news that there are still billboards up, it made my morning hearing that, thank you for letting us know! please continue to spread the word about abby to your family/friends :)

also, please continue to post on here, and also on other forums, lots of stuff going on in a lot of cases right now and we could use your help/opinions/etc.

have a great thanksgiving, and again :welcome5:

:welcome: XTAS!!

Thanks for sharing what you saw. I, too, was a long-time lurker (years) before I joined and I still "lurk" on a lot of threads. Have fun posting your thoughts and insights on the various cases.

IMO, it's not surprising that there are billboards still up, magnets on cars/trucks, flyers still being distributed, etc. Abby has a good network of "warriors" out there doing anything and everything to bring her home. While we may have exhausted our ideas :banghead: and are finding ourselves :pullhair: frustrated to no-end, I don't think the people on the ground feel defeated.

Maybe today is the day she comes home :please:

Although it is a very sad situation with Thanksgiving tomorrow and everyone is so frustrated and depressed that we are no further than we were 7 weeks ago There is a very concerted and successful effort to get Abby's posters up for the holiday travelers. The Bringabbyhome Facebook page as secured permission to put posters in all the rest areas and state liquor stores so that people traveling will see her face. Even ZH has made a comment on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/bringabbyhome

The Bring Abby Home website is asking everyone to show support with Hope and Love and Positive Thoughts.

I personally don't think that the Mom and Dad consider her being a runaway as definite, but with no clear evidence in either direction, why not hold to and express their best hope? I believe that what Zenya was saying in her letter to Abby; "I believe you are alive and I know that hope speaks louder than fear" is simply saying that my HOPE that you are alive is stronger than my FEAR that you are not. Her hope that Abby can decide to come home is stronger than the fear that she cannot. I think it's all she has to cling to and for now I'm gonna cling to that too.

For this Holiday I am thankful that the North Conway Community's effort has reached the level that it has and I am thankful, as well, for this WS community because you have helped me deal with this in a way that others in my life would not understand.

This all is just my humble opinion.

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/
https://www.facebook.com/bringabbyhome
https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez
https://www.facebook.com/missingabigailhernandez
https://www.facebook.com/HandsOfHopeForAbby?filter=2

Welcome! You are now an official :websleuther:

I lurked from the beginning of the Jessica Ridgeway case until Abby's one month anniversary and I'm not creepy.... much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3