GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the UK, so calling my tip is out of the question, hence why I asked if there is an email tip service.

Probably nothing anyway, but they always say no tip is too small. :(

OMG!!! They have jelly beanz in the UK??:biggrin:

I've never been to the UK! I like the licorice ones!! You know the ones no one else likes?

Anything new? I haven't checked the thread for a few days.

Adding:
It sure is quiet on here. I guess the answer to my question is no.:dunno:

Anything new? I haven't checked the thread for a few days.

Adding:
It sure is quiet on here. I guess the answer to my question is no.:dunno:

Hahaha Plumeria.........your right in fact it's getting more and more quieter in this thread. I have been just lurking a bit these past few days sometimes putting myself in time-out. I'm not a local in New Hampshire nor am i even from the mainland so it's kinda hard putting in my 1,2 or 3 cents alllllll the way from hawaii!! I don't know the areas so I'm not always a big help, but i try to help out when and where I can. I do alot of reading in different forums though since posters have been spilling out there so-called "sightings". And since i'm from Hawaii, I'm not always aware of what forums in NH are similar to WS. But I've been keeping Notes-to-Self on sites we're not supposed to comment on. :dunno::sigh::
All I know is I want to help as much as possible wherever I can to bring Abby home safe and sound.

I am kind of ambivalent of "sightings" as they seldom pan out and we hear of lots of them in cases where we later learn the victim was dead from the first day. So I do not know what to make of alleged sightings in this case. With Abigail, it is possible she is "out there" somewhere, if she ran away to join up with someone, although I find it hard to figure out how she would not have left a phone or computer trail of some kind. Or maybe she did run off with one of the few hundred people on her FB or other SM...who knows if LE really located and investigated each and every one.

Still...when all is said and done, I kind of feel like she did not run away.

Can anyone clarify if her birthday was really the 10th, the next day, as first stated? That kind of made me think she might have left, but then I read later her birthday was the 12th, which would make less sense to take off on a Wednesday.

I am kind of ambivalent of "sightings" as they seldom pan out and we hear of lots of them in cases where we later learn the victim was dead from the first day. So I do not know what to make of alleged sightings in this case. With Abigail, it is possible she is "out there" somewhere, if she ran away to join up with someone, although I find it hard to figure out how she would not have left a phone or computer trail of some kind. Or maybe she did run off with one of the few hundred people on her FB or other SM...who knows if LE really located and investigated each and every one.

Can anyone clarify if her birthday was really the 10th, the next day, as first stated? That kind of made me think she might have left, but then I read later her birthday was the 12th, which would make less sense to take off on a Wednesday.

Clu~ Her birthday was on Saturday October 12th. As with other things mentioned, alot of the "first stated" information was stated a bit wrong/off.

<modsnip>

Also, is there a way to make a tip other than a phonecall?

ie An email tip line?

there is an email tip line, but i wouldn't share any info i provided as it could be potential evidence to this case and for the sake of not exploiting a persons name and family if in fact they had nothing to do with her disappearance... someinfo was discussed in the threads some before it had been called in but in case a perp watches the threads i think we should all be careful..... we do not know if this IS truly an abduction because no LE has said they know for sure..... IMO and just IMO i do feel this was the case, but without proof it cannot be proven

I hope she did, because then she might be safe somewhere but I really don't feel it. For one, she seems to me the type of girl who would at least by now have offered up a sign to her family that she was ok, even just the smallest thing to let them know. I know it can happen that girls voluntarily vanish without a trace, but I just don't see it here. The other thing was when they revealed how badly the other kids have been suffering, anxious, depressed and worried it could happen to them. This tells me the local 'vibe' is not a runaway.

I have been lurking here the past few days, nothing much to contribute, the only things to ponder sightings, which I don't hold much stock in posted on SM, with no word from LE. Where are you Abby?!

Because of the very public nature of this forum and the fact that her whereabouts is still unknown, makes it absolutely critical that people think twice (perhaps even more than that) about what is posted for all the world to see. I'm certain no one here would want to place Abby in greater jeopardy just to have their opinion aired!

Because of the very public nature of this forum and the fact that her whereabouts is still unknown, makes it absolutely critical that people think twice (perhaps even more than that) about what is posted for all the world to see. I'm certain no one here would want to place Abby in greater jeopardy just to have their opinion aired!

Here and anywhere on the internet.

Did I say something wrong? I'm a bit confused if this was in response to my post.

I know there were posts earlier saying that people were surprised that their friends/family hadn't heard of the case, and I've seen the same thing posted in many, many cases so a little trick I know to get some idea of how well-known a case is: Look at the headlines the media uses. If they use the victim's name, that means the case is very well-known, well-known enough that they expect the vast majority of their viewers to recognize the name. If it's not, they use a general description of the victim (or perpetrator) in their headline. This can vary depending on whether it's local/national/international news, or how old the case is. I've noticed that many Boston media outlets are saying "missing teen" not "Abby Hernandez" in their headlines, which tells me Abby's name doesn't have the highest name recognition yet in the Boston suburbs. Remember, the media wants headlines that will get clicks.

So basically, if you ever want some idea of how well-known a case on a local, regional, national, or international level, just look at the headline.

<snipped>

The administration of Kennett High School sent a memo to parents stating that students may be affected by the case in different ways. The memo encourages parents to "make sure" their children are eating and sleeping well and getting enough exercise.
The letter also encourages parents to watch their children's social media.
Parents who have questions are encouraged to call school staff.

This is great, well done KHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member