GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would a regular person walking around like at Settler's Green or Walmart know where cameras were? Would you be able to see them? Just wondering because of the discussion of where she could have been seen on a camera after she left school where she was caught on camera?

Well if you look up...at the ceiling...those big black domes are video. There is almost always one over the register..remember Casey Anthony checking out at Target?

On the outside of the buildings Camera's are mounted and easy to recognize.

I don't think we pay any interest to them because they mean nothing to us.

But from all the cases...I started looking. Interesting.

How would a regular person walking around like at Settler's Green or Walmart know where cameras were? Would you be able to see them? Just wondering because of the discussion of where she could have been seen on a camera after she left school where she was caught on camera?

I think most people know what surveillance cameras look like these days and yes, I would be able to see them. I see them every day everywhere I go. This summer I counted 20 new municipal cameras around my city not including stores, parking lots and traffic cameras.

So let's say the video shows that she previously walked through the Walmart parking lot, someone who was shopping at WM the day she disappeared might remember seeing her get into a car for instance. Or Lowe's, or Settler's green, same thing. What if she previously went inside Dunks for a coolatta but didn't that day? Seems people in general are only focussed on the road.

I think most people know what surveillance cameras look like these days and yes, I would be able to see them. I see them every day everywhere I go. This summer I counted 20 new municipal cameras around my city not including stores, parking lots and traffic cameras.

So let's say the video shows that she previously walked through the Walmart parking lot, someone who was shopping at WM the day she disappeared might remember seeing her get into a car for instance. Or Lowe's, or Settler's green, same thing. What if she previously went inside Dunks for a coolatta but didn't that day? Seems people in general are only focussed on the road.

My concern with that is they only keep those video's for a short amount of time. We did quite a bit of sluething with Isabelle Celis because video cameras caught several people on what turned out the wrong night.

But they keep taping over and over. I think 7 days is how long they keep them but perhaps somebody with more knowledge will bring us up to date on that one.

MOO

Oh and that is one of the reasons I so wish they would show any video they have of Abby from that day. If they have video of Abby it's so important that people see it on the tv in the newspaper and anywhere.

Somebody might just remember something.

As they say 'A picture is worth a thousand words'!

I'm not sure they have video of that day. My reading was that they have video that shows AH walking home in the past, but I got the impression that on the day she disappeared she deviated from that route.

I'm not sure they have video of that day. My reading was that they have video that shows AH walking home in the past, but I got the impression that on the day she disappeared she deviated from that route.

I read something about video of Abby they have in newspaper articles in the last couple of days but I am just too tired to look for them right now.

Being out of state it takes me some time to find everything. Sorry.

I had posted earlier about someone in LE in this case stating they had investigated 6 other missing children and all 6 had been returned home. Someone asked where and who and I found the article and snipped out that part:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131020/NEWS07/131029978/0/NEWHAMPSHIRE1409

Bill Barry, a retired 17-year veteran tracker and missing-child investigator with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department, said investigators are poring over large amounts of information - online and off - to find clues.

Barry says Abigail's family and friends should remain hopeful. He investigated six missing children in his career, and all six were found, alive and well, within weeks or months of their disappearance.

I had posted earlier about someone in LE in this case stating they had investigated 6 other missing children and all 6 had been returned home. Someone asked where and who and I found the article and snipped out that part:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131020/NEWS07/131029978/0/NEWHAMPSHIRE1409

Bill Barry, a retired 17-year veteran tracker and missing-child investigator with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department, said investigators are poring over large amounts of information - online and off - to find clues.

Barry says Abigail's family and friends should remain hopeful. He investigated six missing children in his career, and all six were found, alive and well, within weeks or months of their disappearance.

Well just more fuel for the fire that Abby is missing and not abducted. Sigh.

I vacillate between abduction and runaway. Unfortunately, as time goes on I'm more convinced it's abduction. She's 14, no means of financial support, friends are children too so no one has anywhere to hide her for this length of time, she has a bf, friends, parents, sister, grandparents, dogs, job. She's not from an abusive home, doesn't have a record of being in trouble, nothing to suggest that she'd run away and it was a couple of days before her birthday. I leaned more to run away early on, but after that letter from her father, I can't imagine any child not feeling the heart tug and responding, I mean I cried when I read that letter!

But who would be hiding her (that she knows) & why after all this time??? Makes me believe it maybe a predictor as LE would have ALL her contacts & then some. However, we don't know if they are watching someone or at least we hope so, but I don't think she is a runaway in anyway given the family situation, etc.

Some guy, from a different police department, and is now retired, not working, therefore not working on Abby's case, says that back when he was working, he worked on 6 missing child cases and they were all found.

And you're saying that that somehow means that Abby wasn't abducted?

I've read that article about 10 times now, and I'm not following you. What am I missing?

Some guy, from a different police department, and is now retired, not working, therefore not working on Abby's case, says that back when he was working, he worked on 6 missing child cases and they were all found.

And you're saying that that somehow means that Abby wasn't abducted?

I've read that article about 10 times now, and I'm not following you. What am I missing?

Wonder what the circumstances were with these six...parental issues, hiding, lost for a bit?

Wonder what the circumstances were with these six...parental issues, hiding, lost for a bit?

I'm so lost. How do the cases this random talking head worked on before he retired relate to Abby's case?

Sorry I'm not getting it. It's just not sinking in.

I found this comment in an article about Abby,

"Small town, maybe a couple of cell phone towers...the question is who else was in the area at the time she disappeared. The list of cell phones in the area owned by males 18-70 yrs of age would be the initial list of people to talk to, wouldn't it? As long as the NSA has all this data...lets use it for some good!"

Is this feasible? At least the ones in use at the tower by Cranmore Mtn Resort when Abby's cell was last detected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so lost. How do the cases this random talking head worked on before he retired relate to Abby's case?

I don't think they have any connection...just a guy bragging about cases he solved? Or trying to make community feel better? Anyway, I am never fond of ex-cops or PI's who start giving out quotes.

I found this comment in an article about Abby,

"Small town, maybe a couple of cell phone towers...the question is who else was in the area at the time she disappeared. The list of cell phones in the area owned by males 18-70 yrs of age would be the initial list of people to talk to, wouldn't it? As long as the NSA has all this data...lets use it for some good!"

Is this feasible? At least the ones in use at the tower by Cranmore Mtn Resort when Abby's cell was last detected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just speaking from personal experience of following cases here on WS-- I do not think that agencies intended for national security release such data for missing persons cases. For example, when a college student went missing from NJ this summer and her belongings were found on the GW bridge (but a body was not found for quite a while).. people were questioning why the cameras on the bridge could not be accessed to see if the young woman was indeed on the bridge & jumped (some thought her belongings had been planted there as a red herring). The response was that the cameras on the GW Bridge are used for national security and preventing terrorist attacks I believe, and were unable to be accessed for a missing persons case.

IDK, this is just my impression from various cases I have followed here. Maybe someone else can answer in a more factual manner.

I think it is called comforting the community and trying to build trust, that he will find her. I don't think it means anything other than, "Hey, I've done this and I can do this again. It is ok, we will find Abby."

THAT is what I get from it and nothing more...

I am sorry because now I am lost to. What I thought I read in heaven only knows where was that several of the officers working Abbys case worked missing kids cases.

Since I don't know where I read it lets just say I stumbled on the pass!

If I find the article tomorrow I will bring it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro